• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Recall

Anyone online now want to group up? Run either the caves or desert until we get fed up?

I go by the character name Recall Buster. I will be on Ship 2. Block 21.

Nishastra

Banned
Beat the new boss... Incredibly easy for a ranged character as long as you take out the missile launchers ASAP.

Takes forever, though :p

Emitan

IMUbF.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
Ahh, Lisa... I haven't had her on my team in quite a while. All she wants to do is get mauled by cats. More likely she wants to shoot them, but getting mauled is what actually happens :p

Man, now that I have enough money to buy a Rappy Suit so I can get a color ticket, nobody's selling them. Or if they are, they're selling them for millions of meseta.

Tundra is like easy mode with a Foie based Force. Even Garurumon mid boss it's easy. I was expecting a lot more reading your posts, but beat him at first try. Same with the mammoth boss. Extremely easy dealing more than 1350 dmg each hit targeting them from the lobby ship.

Not like so much that mini rockbear reskin. Neither the Forest assests here and there. Hope Mines have more original content.

Finally reached Tundra tonight (after a City interlude which ended with Dark Ragne dying two seconds AFTER time was up). Those jump things are pretty fun :eek:

Just did enough to get the CO that unlocks the free field. Also, having five mammoths run you over simultaneously is quite lethal for a force...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Apparently I won something in the most recent interrupt rankings? It says a reward was sent to my warehouse, but I've got so much crap in there and nothing is standing out... :p
It was probably sent to your special warehouse, just like the campaign items.

Recall

The difficulty has ramped up with this level 16 Cave boss Dragon thingy of death. It keeps kicking my ass and I thought I would be fine at level 18.

I really wish the bosses had life bars or some indication if I'm remotely close to downing it as after like 10 minutes battling it, I would like to know how far away I am or if I just plain suck and need better gear.

Nishastra

Banned
The characters who are always talking to you during missions (never bothered to learn their names :p) pop up during boss fights when the boss is half dead and then again when they've got maybe a quarter left?

Regardless of exact numbers, they're the only way you have to know how close you are.

And yeah, Vol Dragon is the first real boss. And he does take forever if you're by yourself (NPCs are useless).

Are all rifles burst fire in this game? I miss the PSO1 style sniper rifle looking guns which would just shoot 1 bullet every press.

Nishastra

Banned
Yes, there's only Assault Rifles. Gunslash in gun mode is single-shot, but it's more of a melee weapon than a gun, and the timing is more like a Pistol anyway.

I always used Rifles in PSO, but now I've moved on to Launchers :p

Edit: There's more weapons coming in future, but all I've heard people talk about is Mechguns.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No, there's nothing in there. It must have been some upgrade item or an EXP/meseta booster or something because I have no idea exactly what I have :p
Wait. IIRC, you get FUN for being in the ranking and that's all.

Nishastra

Banned
Well whatever I got wasn't much, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I continue to be annoyed at how Rappy Suit prices skyrocketed right before I got enough money to buy one at what they used to go for :p

I really want to change my colors. I so wish they had kept to the 12 of any AC costume piece instead of 1 Rappy Suit. I can get 12 AC items for 12,600 meseta, whereas the cheapest I've ever seen a Rappy Suit is around 400,000.

I'm told there's going to be another special maintenance starting at 10PM Eastern time and lasting for about five hours. Among other things, they're fixing issues that occur when the game is installed on an FAT32 partition.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm told there's going to be another special maintenance starting at 10PM Eastern time and lasting for about five hours. Among other things, they're fixing issues that occur when the game is installed on an FAT32 partition.
Ah, sorry about that, I was planning to write that yesterday, but forgot in the end. Anyway, 5 hour maintance is starting in 2 hours from now.

Edit:
I was just reading through the official PSO2 blog and it seems that we'll have more weird weapons coming in the August Mid-Summer Update:
x6UVT.jpg

remz

Ah, sorry about that, I was planning to write that yesterday, but forgot in the end. Anyway, 5 hour maintance is starting in 2 hours from now.

Edit:
I was just reading through the official PSO2 blog and it seems that we'll have more weird weapons coming in the August Mid-Summer Update:
x6UVT.jpg

Holy shit.

that tuna. I must have it

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today's maintenance will be an hour longer than planned and should end in 41 minutes from now.

I really need to grind to fuck all this weekend.

Been kinda caught up in work and haven't put any time into this game.

Wanna grind over the weekend so I can actually play the new areas.

There is no way to move characters between ships right? Ship 2 was full when I started so I couldn't get a character on there.

I already have what will probably be my main character on Ship 6 but I guess I will make another one on Ship 2 so I can catch you guys sometime.

Netto-kun

Edit:
x6UVT.jpg
Damn, now I suddenly have the urge to eat fatty tuna sushi.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seems that PSO2 really went to hell after that patch. Maintenance should end in 2 hours.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cant be as bad as the last PSO game they released. My female character got turned into another players character, name and all.

That time everything went tits up and pear shaped so bad that they had to do a full reset of the servers wiping all data.

Thats almost as good as Anarchy Onlines being able to see server rollbacks happen in real time. That was interesting. It was like rewinding a VHS video of all the events I had done in the past few hours.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cant be as bad as the last PSO game they released. My female character got turned into another players character, name and all.

That time everything went tits up and pear shaped so bad that they had to do a full reset of the servers wiping all data.

Thats almost as good as Anarchy Onlines being able to see server rollbacks happen in real time. That was interesting. It was like rewinding a VHS video of all the events I had done in the past few hours.
PSO2 is ok as far as problems go. There was some messing up with NPC data resulting in them being moved to weird places but that's all. No rollback or game breaking bugs. We're still getting a bit of extra maintenances but I can live with that - the game has only been out for like 3 weeks and it's already a better start than 90% of online titles.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ah, my bad, got the hour wrong. Maintenance will end in an hour from now. Sorry.

atomico

I bought a new computer and want to reinstall the game on it.

Anybody know how that reinstallation restriction thing works? I remember Jeff mentioning something about it on the quick look...

Nishastra

Banned
It should just email you a code when you try to log in that you'll have to input.

Rappy Suit prices seem to be dropping again, slowly. Presumably no one is actually willing to buy them for millions of meseta. I hope it keeps going down so I can finally buy one :p

Made good progress yesterday - killed two more Vol Dragons on hard to clear Talis weapon training 5, and cleared the CO to unlock free Tundra (though I still don't meet the level requirement to actually go). The highlight of the night was when I broke one of the rocks, just to see this:

pso20120719_213251_019.jpg

Monster-on-a-box!

Also, some fun stuff that happened during the emergency mission the day before yesterday... Ragne was killed while scaling the side of the wall, leaving his gem behind really high up.

I also found my mag has really, really bad aim:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I bought a new computer and want to reinstall the game on it.

Anybody know how that reinstallation restriction thing works? I remember Jeff mentioning something about it on the quick look...
Restrictions? I've copied the whole folder with the client to another PC and it worked without any problems.

Did 2 city runs during the emergency quest and my second class - ranger hit level 30. Yay, finally. Will probably keep giving him exp from the mine COs that I do with my hunter, but well.

Restrictions? I've copied the whole folder with the client to another PC and it worked without any problems.

Did 2 city runs during the emergency quest and my second class - ranger hit level 30. Yay, finally. Will probably keep giving him exp from the mine COs that I do with my hunter, but well.

Gahhh, I'm still only level 32 on my primary class T_T Trying to figure out what my best exp is right now since I'm still a level off from being able to play Mines, but I'll probably continue playing Tundra because the matterboard wants a lot of stuff from it anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gahhh, I'm still only level 32 on my primary class T_T Trying to figure out what my best exp is right now since I'm still a level off from being able to play Mines, but I'll probably continue playing Tundra because the matterboard wants a lot of stuff from it anyway.
If you have some money you can buy CO items for Franka everyday, which nets around 10k xp. The purple haired girl as well, but since the 1k minimum price it gets a bit more expensive.
Other than that, look for grinding parties - hit the free tundra as soon as you can and try free volcano/desert before that. It may seem boring at times, but once you find a good party, the exp is awesome.

atomico

Really? Cool, I'll just do that, then

I remember him mentioning something about changing computers requiring an activation email or something. I'll check the QL again when I get home

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Really? Cool, I'll just do that, then

I remember him mentioning something about changing computers requiring an activation email or something. I'll check the QL again when I get home
Ah, that. Well, there's a chance you will have to reactivate it this way - I've used 2 different accounts so have no experience switching accounts between computers.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Fuck Vol Dragon was hard enough on normal to solo, but soloing it on hard as a story requirement is an awful experience. Looks like I'll have to wait until the cap is raised even higher....

Rappy Suit prices seem to be dropping again, slowly. Presumably no one is actually willing to buy them for millions of meseta. I hope it keeps going down so I can finally buy one :p

The coloring ticket requirement means it will stay high pretty high for a while.....

Nishastra

Banned
Of course. That's the only reason it was so high to begin with. Just it got even higher when all the new stuff came out and there were less of them on the market.

Top Bottom