• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

remz

Man every wednesday is the day I have off from univeristy and the time I feel like playing PSO2. but its always maintenance :(

Can client orders time-out/expire after a set amount of time/levels/story progression, or can I leave some for when I'm way stronger?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can client orders time-out/expire after a set amount of time/levels/story progression, or can I leave some for when I'm way stronger?
They don't expire and most of them refreshes, so if you wait a set amount of time after finishing them you can do them again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just got an email from Sega with my code with 500 fun. Does anyone know where you enter codes?
Aww, nothing here yet.
On the other hand, look what I've found in Akihabara today:
Ayof2M_CYAAeN_3.jpg

Edit:
Got the grinder/synthetizer code via email, no FUN code yet.

I had my email too.

Question about some of the prizes on the FUN scratch cards, what exactly are the blue tickets? I know the yellow ones are EXP boosters (won 2 so far) but no idea on the blue ones or where they are saved too.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
@Diablo - SCREENSHOTS.

As for the mail - I don't know about you guys, but 22 and me have received the 4 grinders 2 synthetizers pack, which is a prize for the "level up" campaigns.
Guess they aren't sending the FUN tickets yet after all. Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow some of us can expect the next emails according to the players' site.

i've looked and even done searches but I still don't understand those tickets, most of the other prizes are self explanatory like chairs and plants :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've added an awesome Japanese wiki which I've found on PSOW. Sadly, it's all in Japanese, but if you can read it, do so. Especially the equipment section, which contains the drop tables.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
i've looked and even done searches but I still don't understand those tickets, most of the other prizes are self explanatory like chairs and plants :p
I use google translate and the official site catalog to decipher the tickets. There's 3 blue ticket prizes up right now:

追加ロビーアクション09 is a lobby action.
マイルーム利用3日 is a 3 day pass for My Room
マイショップ出店3日 is a 3 day pass for My Shop

IIRC, they're dropped in your inventory under the consumables tab I believe.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198474
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196293

Keiician said:
About limiting the framerate - after reading this thread a few days ago, I've decided to give it a try and set max fps to 60.
My laptop was still as hot as before, but the camera speed while turning around became so much quicker that I couldn't get used to it. Got back to unlimited after that.

Input lag, I guess. Have you tried forcing VSync via drivers or D3DOverrider?

I just can't tolerate screen tear.

I use google translate and the official site catalog to decipher the tickets. There's 3 blue ticket prizes up right now:

追加ロビーアクション09 is a lobby action.
マイルーム利用3日 is a 3 day pass for My Room
マイショップ出店3日 is a 3 day pass for My Shop

IIRC, they're dropped in your inventory under the consumables tab I believe.

Interesting, thanks I shall check it out next time I play.

As somebody who put close to 2000 hours in PSO back in it's heyday, and was thoroughly disappointed with PSU, and every subsequent release. I've got to say that this actually looks pretty damn amazing just from the videos and screens

PSU was litterally the biggest gaming letdown I've ever experienced, no joke, my world was crushed.

How you are all liking it so far?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As somebody who put close to 2000 hours in PSO back in it's heyday, and was thoroughly disappointed with PSU, and every subsequent release. I've got to say that this actually looks pretty damn amazing just from the videos and screens

PSU was litterally the biggest gaming letdown I've ever experienced, no joke, my world was crushed.

210 hours in and I loved almost every minute of it. Doesn't even feel like a f2p game, which is awesome - I hate the leveling curves that are hell if you don't buy the xp boosters. None of it here, at least imo.

Xane

210 hours in and I loved almost every minute of it. Doesn't even feel like a f2p game, which is awesome - I hate the leveling curves that are hell if you don't buy the xp boosters. None of it here, at least imo.

Indeed. Leveling isn't an issue at all if you stick to Multiparties, in which the leveling-curve becomes linear.

VariantX

Yeah, what they said, just get with group that's trying to burst farm multiparty areas for the best results. The only ridiculous thing in this game so far is that one quest that essentially asks you to collect 90x of an item for the forest, caves, and desert areas just so you can level past 30. Ease the pain by starting this quest the second its available or feel like you're wasting time when the "EXP Full" message pops up until you can collect all the items needed. 30x each area would have been far more reasonable and it just plain stinks of just trying to slow the players progress down.

Yeah, what they said, just get with group that's trying to burst farm multiparty areas for the best results. The only ridiculous thing in this game so far is that one quest that essentially asks you to collect 90x of an item for the forest, caves, and desert areas just so you can level past 30. Ease the pain by starting this quest the second its available or feel like you're wasting time when the "EXP Full" message pops up until you can collect all the items needed. 30x each area would have been far more reasonable and it just plain stinks of just trying to slow the players progress down.

Wait really? There is a time where you cap and can't get XP until you finish that quest?

That is kinda shitty. I just hit lvl 21 so I will have to keep a lookout for that quest. Might look it up and see how to unlock it as early as possible. Any idea what it is called or what NPC gives it out?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wait really? There is a time where you cap and can't get XP until you finish that quest?

That is kinda shitty. I just hit lvl 21 so I will have to keep a lookout for that quest. Might look it up and see how to unlock it as early as possible. Any idea what it is called or what NPC gives it out?
Coffee gives you this CO when you reach certain level. You can still use your alt class or something if it's level is high enough.
All in all it takes about an hour or two, depending on your luck to get those items and only the cave ones are really a pain.
Guess we'll see this kind of quest every time the level cap is increased.

Btw., SEGA has sent out the second campaign codes, this time they're for 2x 30 minute +50% drop rate boosters and everyone who bought at least 2k AC until 18th of July will get them.

I was in the same boat as you for PSO and PSU. Spent countless hours on the original only to be extremely let down by PSU. So much in fact that I didn't even bother looking this game up when I read the announcement. That was a blessing in disguise though because this game is like a love letter to people like us. Everything I liked in PSO stayed, the rare things that were cool in PSU were kept and changed.

It's F2P with an incredible model. I'm really impressed considering this is a game from SEGA on PC that runs so damn well for me.

Jubern

I haven't played for several weeks and tried to launch the game yesterday. Launcher updates aaaaaand... won't launch. If I try to boot up the launcher, I get an error saying Windows either can't find the thing or I just don't have the authorization. Of course, it's wrong on both accounts.

pso2download.exe and pso2launcher.exe now both have a little lock next to their icon, I don't know what's the deal with this.

I'm on Win7 64 and game worked flawlessly last time I booted it up, around three weeks ago.

Any help please? :(

ezodagrom

I haven't played for several weeks and tried to launch the game yesterday. Launcher updates aaaaaand... won't launch. If I try to boot up the launcher, I get an error saying Windows either can't find the thing or I just don't have the authorization. Of course, it's wrong on both accounts.

pso2download.exe and pso2launcher.exe now both have a little lock next to their icon, I don't know what's the deal with this.

I'm on Win7 64 and game worked flawlessly last time I booted it up, around three weeks ago.

Any help please? :(
You might have to do this for pso2.exe, pso2download.exe, pso2launcher.exe and pso2updater.exe.
Right click the application, go to properties, security tab, click edit, click add, click advanced, click locate now, double click your user in the list, click ok, click your user and click total control.

Omikaru

Woah, woah, woah, woah woah waoh...... WOAH!

What you talkin' bout free? Can somebody explain this to me?

It's free. You download and play for nothing. But there are things in-game which cost money. I'm not exactly sure what (waiting on English release here), as I'm only in this thread to check out the screenshots and read impressions, but I know that the base game costs you nothing to play.

It's free. You download and play for nothing. But there are things in-game which cost money. I'm not exactly sure what (waiting on English release here), as I'm only in this thread to check out the screenshots and read impressions, but I know that the base game costs you nothing to play.

Isn't this completely unprecedented for this type of high budget game? I know games like Battlefield Heroes and a few others have done it but those were more like flash games than actual full fledged games.

Isn't this completely unprecedented for this type of high budget game? I know games like Battlefield Heroes and a few others have done it but those were more like flash games than actual full fledged games.

Not really, as unfortunate as it is the practice has been getting very popular as of late, particularly with PC games.

You do have to pay monthly for stuff like trading, a shop, and My room. various other things like exp and drop rate boosters and cosmetic stuff are on a one time fee.

wwm0nkey

No not really F2P is becoming the next big thing and unlink Battlefield Heroes PSO2 does F2P perfectly. You only pay for things like EXP boosts (you dont need), costumes, trading or room access. So nothing massively game altering and no Pay to Win scenario going on either you get a full game for free and you can feel free to pay for some extra stuff.

I know F2P isn't anything new, almost all MMO's are F2P now, but that's after charging you a $60 entry free, and $15 for the first couple months of release, then once the player base dwindles they realize it's not a viable business model and go F2P with micro-transactions.

I've never heard of an MMO being free to download right off the bat.

I know F2P isn't anything new, almost all MMO's are F2P now, but that's after charging you a $60 entry free, and $15 for the first couple months of release, then once the player base dwindles they realize it's not a viable business model and go F2P with micro-transactions.

I've never heard of an MMO being free to download right off the bat.

Its not really a mmo, more of an online action rpg. Compared to a full blown mmo the amount of content available at the launch, and right now is absolutley miniscule.

The gated content right now is about as bad as it was at psu or pso:bb launches which is to say its really bad.

I have just receive a code from sega, so I put it at Visiphone.

4 grinders and some more of that 6 colored stone thing I don't know how it's called but have something to do with the purple guy at grinder counter.

:(

Top Bottom