• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Coxy

Oh man, just fought Big Vader for the first time, incredible fight, was like taking on the marmota or something with a sword

I think I just got screwed out of a matterboard clear - picked up the item while there was an event message from a dropship or something on screen, which caused the pickup to simply not count.

pso20120721_013702_019.jpg

The active matterboard quest.

pso20120721_013714_020.jpg

The exact item I'm looking for, right there in my inventory.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Been there, done that. Unless logging out and back in has any effect, it doesn't look like there's anything I can do but just find it all over again.
Ah, thought you were afraid that you messed up the ehole mb and won't be able to 100% it. Good luck with finding the item again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To address various issues another 5 hour maintenance will be performed tomorrow. It will start at:
Sat, Jul 21 4pm PDT
Sat, Jul 21 6pm CDT
Sat, Jul 21 7pm EDT
Sat, Jul 21 11pm UTC
Sun, Jul 22 8am JST

Fugu

I'm having a problem where my quick menu key seems to be bound to the same button as my use item key. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it. I'm ふぐ in game, by the way.

Fugu

IAMA moron, ask me anything. I played up until level five without knowing spells could be charged. I am now a golden god.

Hi, I downloaded the installation files from the jp site and installed them just fine, but when I go to press "file check" or "game start" the patcher seems to freeze and refuse to download anything. Anyone have any tips? I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and the same thing is happening.

Edit: the bar stays still for a long time and then it gives me some kind of update error.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hi, I downloaded the installation files from the jp site and installed them just fine, but when I go to press "file check" or "game start" the patcher seems to freeze and refuse to download anything. Anyone have any tips? I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and the same thing is happening.
It doesn't freeze, the patch download can take up to a few hours, that's all.

Edit:
About the error part, I really don't understand why people don't post screenshots of that stuff. Can't help much without it, really.

It doesn't freeze, the patch download can take up to a few hours, that's all.

Edit:
About the error part, I really don't understand why people don't post screenshots of that stuff. Can't help much without it, really.

Sorry, didn't realize what was going on the first time and had to wait for it to crash again to get a screenshot.

Error code 434:
Google says that it might be an anti-virus program interfering, but mine hasn't been giving me any popup warnings or anything. I'm going to restart my computer again and see if that helps.

Edit: Ack, it seems like restarting again might have fixed the problem. The download bar seems to be moving this time. Sorry to waste your time! OTL

Fugu

I was about to respond regarding the uselessness of that error description. Glad to know you got it fixed.

Nishastra

Banned
I haven't even been bothering to try to add abilities to my stuff recently, because it seems that every time I try, my items get worse rather than better. If I'm incredibly lucky, they come out the same as they were going in.

Grinding I've had great success with, though. My Alva Pisastian +10 did not have a single failure in reaching it :p

Edit: For reasons unknown to me, I went and tried to add abilities to a unit after writing this. The unit I went in with is now x0.

VariantX

I'm playing right now what I could consider to be the worst part of this game (lvl 24-30) and I still can't stop playing except when there's a emergency maintenance period. Starting to finally get rare weapon drops and higher level (yellow 4 star) equipment now so its making the grind a lot more bearable. Nothing else to do but to do all of joseph's training missions and finally finish the matter board.

I'm playing right now what I could consider to be the worst part of this game (lvl 24-30) and I still can't stop playing except when there's a emergency maintenance period. Starting to finally get rare weapon drops and higher level (yellow 4 star) equipment now so its making the grind a lot more bearable. Nothing else to do but to do all of joseph's training missions and finally finish the matter board.

I don't put much stock into high-rarity units; having good attributes is much more valuable in my opinion.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I once again advise all Gaffers on Ship 02 who aren't member of other teams to join Team GAF. List of people you can whisper to to get an invite can be found in the OP.

Fou-Lu

I really want to play me some PSO2, but I feel like it's going to be an exercise in frustration constantly alt-tabbing to figure out what I'm doing. But on the other hand.... it's PSO2.

canocha

This game has some serious issues with Windows 7... it crashes a lot of applications (ex. Steam).

Am I the only one with this problem?

Not played any today and it's already itching me, too much important stuff to get out of the way this week hnnggg

This game has some serious issues with Windows 7... it crashes a lot of applications (ex. Steam).

Been ok for me so far, though about 25% of the time closing the game will hang and crash the game itself, nothing else.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

205 hours on W7 and 0 crashes here. I don't have steam turned kn at all times, but usually alt tab between pso2 and ff/miranda/video player.

Fugu

The game itself only crashes when closing (as previously mentioned), but it won't start while MPC-HC is running, and vice versa.

Not a single crash here either. Win 7 64bits. It just hangs some seconds when closing, but nothing more.

Only problem, as I wrote some days ago, it's I need to give my windows user permisions to use the .exe everytime the game updates.

BTW, dual boss at tundra is so unfair. Everytime he wants he can instakill me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Not a single crash here either. Win 7 64bits. It just hangs some seconds when closing, but nothing more.
Same here. Due to the freeze while closing I thought the game crashes at first but you just have to wait a while and it will close.

Game hasn't crashed for me, but it does makes Aero and anything else using hardware-accelerated graphics (Flash) occasionally shit itself after closing. Turning off desktop composition for pso2.exe fixed the first one.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
2 consolation campaigns have been announced. Details below:
Everyone who registered a PSO2 account before 11PM JST today (time when the message was posted) will receive a 500 FUN ticket and all the people who bought AC until that time will receive 5x 1 day premium set tickets. Codes for both will be send at the end of July/beginning of August.
Link.

Fugu

Heh, the glitches with this game are so bizarre. It "crashes" while loading sometimes but it always bounces back.

Fugu

My first attempt at clearing free roam forest in under sixteen minutes came in just over thirty. This is going to take a few attempts.

EDIT: Got it the second time. The first time, the rock golem was red and that caused a lot of problems. I also had two defend events.

Another edit: I'm playing on my laptop and using the kb/m controls for the first time; is there any way to disable the double tap to dodge?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
OMFG.

Several days to achieve the 20 Rappys quest + 7 Rappies for maloo 5sp quest, and when there is only one more left to finish, a code arrest full of rappies. I "killed" like 12 in less than a minute.

T.T

Yeah the amount of go kill N amount of X enemy in the game is pretty annoying. Especially when it feels like the emergency codes are trolling you by giving you everything except the one you want.

Blueblur1

I play every couple days now because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to level up at that level range. I really hate the client orders that make you replay missions over and over again. It's such a fucking grind.

Unlocked mines last night and had a quick play of the first stage. Easiest 11,200 EXP worth of client orders ever.

The conveyor belts really made me want a roady run button, for some reason.

While we were mopping up the last of the mechs to finish the mission, I decided to fire off my PB. The mechs were killed before the startup finished though, and the PB aimed itself at apparently nothing.

Unknown to me, it -was- aiming at something - a red barrel, which it succeeded in setting on fire. Not noticing this, I just walked right to the nearest pipe, just in time for the barrel to blow me sky high, nearly off the platform.

That 16 S-DEF on my mag saved my life.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Question how many of you others here have had a BSOD while playing using Windows 7 and in windowed mode?

Am just curious since 3 people I know have had it happen so far.

Gotta be pretty talented to cause Windows 7 to BSOD.

Question how many of you others here have had a BSOD while playing using Windows 7 and in windowed mode?

Am just curious since 3 people I know have had it happen so far.

Gotta be pretty talented to cause Windows 7 to BSOD.

About 120 hours in playing windowed on Windows 7 and not a single BSOD here. I'd start checking RAM on the affected machines, then trying different video card driver versions.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
About 120 hours in playing windowed on Windows 7 and not a single BSOD here. I'd start checking RAM on the affected machines, then trying different video card driver versions.

We have no idea what caused it too. Considering all of us were doing something different. And at different times. So its quite random. All of us have different hardware also. But only thing that connects us is the fact we all ran it in windowed mode. Will try to watch more technical side of things as you have mentioned.

1. My friend was in a mission with me when it happened to him. Peak time during the weekend.

2. Mine was in the main lobby (the "town") and I was just standing around checking some info on a webpage in another window. Basically idling, was not even on a peak hour too.

3. Other buddy had his crash while accepting a new quest from the quest counter. Average day.

We have no idea what caused it too. Considering all of us were doing something different. And at different times. So its quite random. All of us have different hardware also. But only thing that connects us is the fact we all ran it in windowed mode. Will try to watch more technical side of things as you have mentioned.

1. My friend was in a mission with me when it happened to him. Peak time during the weekend.

2. Mine was in the main lobby (the "town") and I was just standing around checking some info on a webpage in another window. Basically idling, was not even on a peak hour too.

3. Other buddy had his crash while accepting a new quest from the quest counter. Average day.

Another thing to try is make sure you have a cap on the FPS the game will attempt to render - believe it's on the same page in the options you set resolution and windowed/fullscreen. BSODs can be caused by overheating hardware as well, and without this cap in place you could be rendering hundreds of frames you never actually see.

VariantX

I play every couple days now because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to level up at that level range. I really hate the client orders that make you replay missions over and over again. It's such a fucking grind.

Yeah, I just so happened to run into a group that was just re-rolling the hard version of the nab rappy mission for trying to trigger PSE bursts. Was able to get about 2 levels in a hour of grinding. Just got to get from 26-30 now and I finally get to see some new stuff.

Another thing to try is make sure you have a cap on the FPS the game will attempt to render - believe it's on the same page in the options you set resolution and windowed/fullscreen. BSODs can be caused by overheating hardware as well, and without this cap in place you could be rendering hundreds of frames you never actually see.

This. Probably overheating.

After several days of rappy hunting, now I see 2-3 per run. More than 30 rappys in 24 hours now I don't need them anymore.

D:

Grinding from 30 looks a lot easier. Yesterday I leveled from just 34 (I stopped playing the day earlier after reach that level) to almost 36 in just one hour of city runs. An amazing Cross Burst of more than 8 minutes, just as VariantX says.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
About limiting the framerate - after reading this thread a few days ago, I've decided to give it a try and set max fps to 60.
My laptop was still as hot as before, but the camera speed while turning around became so much quicker that I couldn't get used to it. Got back to unlimited after that.

Top Bottom