• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Jubern

You might have to do this for pso2.exe, pso2download.exe, pso2launcher.exe and pso2updater.exe.
Right click the application, go to properties, security tab, click edit, click add, click advanced, click locate now, double click your user in the list, click ok, click your user and click total control.

That did it, yeeees. Thanks!

Any idea of what could be the cause, for reference?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Btw, How can I change my costume InGame? I had to go to Make-Up counter since I didn't figure out how.
You have to purchase them first. The Armor counter in the shopping level carries the starter suits, but in a very limited color selection. The fancy suits all come from the AC scratch cards which are bought using real cash. Since you can resell the AC suits in game via the Player Shops there's always a bunch available from them for in game cash, usually with crappy color combos or for high prices though.

Once you have a suit you equip it by going to the armor equip screen and then tab over to the suit page.

Changing the color of a suit is a bit more complicated. You have to get your hands on a Rappy suit by either winning it from the AC scratch card or by purchasing it from the player shops (going for 1 million+ last time i checked) and then trade that in at the Make-up Counter for a color ticket I believe.

That did it, yeeees. Thanks!

Any idea of what could be the cause, for reference?
A recent update fucked the permission settings for some people.

Once you have a suit you equip it by going to the armor equip screen and then tab over to the suit page.

Figured out just when posted, but thank you.

I noticed what you said too, that ugly color selection at the cheapest costumes. You can even find AC costumes cheaper than regular costumes just because of this. It's because you can't select the color of AC costumes?

Killthee

Figured out just when posted, but thank you.

I noticed what you said too, that ugly color selection at the cheapest costumes. You can even find AC costumes cheaper than regular costumes just because of this. It's because you can't select the color of AC costumes?
Yeah, I think the only way to change the color is by using a color ticket : /

Coffee gives you this CO when you reach certain level. You can still use your alt class or something if it's level is high enough.
All in all it takes about an hour or two, depending on your luck to get those items and only the cave ones are really a pain.
Guess we'll see this kind of quest every time the level cap is increased.

An hour or two? This took like a week and four levels to finish for me. Fuck that client order.

Worst quest so far is Deband Drink Ex.

One hour playing. Killed 2 Dark Ragne, 4 Caterdan, 2 Vol Dragons, and just got 2 drops from Fodrans.

I mean, I got that quest more than 10 levels ago, and still there.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Woah, woah, woah, woah woah waoh...... WOAH!

What you talkin' bout free? Can somebody explain this to me?
Um, there's a "PAID CONTENT" section in the OP, you know...
I know F2P isn't anything new, almost all MMO's are F2P now, but that's after charging you a $60 entry free, and $15 for the first couple months of release, then once the player base dwindles they realize it's not a viable business model and go F2P with micro-transactions.

I've never heard of an MMO being free to download right off the bat.
This is a Vindictus-like game and they're all f2p from the start.
Not really, as unfortunate as it is the practice has been getting very popular as of late, particularly with PC games.

You do have to pay monthly for stuff like trading, a shop, and My room. various other things like exp and drop rate boosters and cosmetic stuff are on a one time fee.
Like I've said before, contrary to the popular belief, there are no drop rate boosters to be bought with AC.
An hour or two? This took like a week and four levels to finish for me. Fuck that client order.
Talk about bad luck. Maybe I've kind of went overboard with 1-2 hours, but it's doable in 3-4. When the update came out, we've got together and did the rappy quest for the forest ones, open caves and as for the desert ones, following Khrim's advice and clearing-restarting the first area of the 2nd desert quest yielded the best results (there are no darkers spawning there). We were all done on the same day.
Worst quest so far is Deband Drink Ex.

One hour playing. Killed 2 Dark Ragne, 4 Caterdan, 2 Vol Dragons, and just got 2 drops from Fodrans.

I mean, I got that quest more than 10 levels ago, and still there.
Yeah, this and the quest for the Random drink extra (requiring 2 drops from one of the Snow Panther bosses) are the ones with the worst drop rates in the whole game imo. I've ended up buying quite a hefty amount of the Fodoran items from MyShop.

Killthee

3 updates coming during August, first in August 1st, second in August 8th, and third sometime near the end of the month.

The August 1st update will include the summer lobby, new enemies, like Fang Banther and Summer Rappy and new AC content (summer themed clothing and accessories like the bikinis, mage themed clothes, and a couple new hairstyles).
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-jp-summer-august-update-1-summer-vacation-scratch/
First update looks great.

ibos05jqzwiLXU.png

iekux0lAvx9WZ.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As much as I'm hyped for all those August updates, the repainted snow panther kind of rubs me in the wrong way.

Um, there's a "PAID CONTENT" section in the OP, you know...

If I've not played the game how am I supposed to know what ACC is? It also doesn't help that I can't read Japanese.

I appreciate the effort you put into it, but what was free and what was cost money was not immediately apparent to somebody like myself who hasn't really been following the game closely.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If I've not played the game how am I supposed to know what ACC is? It also doesn't help that I can't read Japanese.

I appreciate the effort you put into it, but what was free and what was cost money was not immediately apparent to somebody like myself who hasn't really been following the game closely.
Hm, guess I'll update it later with an explanation.

ezodagrom

As much as I'm hyped for all those August updates, the repainted snow panther kind of rubs me in the wrong way.
I think that "reskinned" enemies or bosses are okay, as long as their behaviour has big enough differences. The way fang banther is described, it seems that at the very least its emergency quest fight will be unique enough when compared to the snow banther/banshee.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Edited the paid content section in the OP. Added an explanation for AC and comments to some of the premium set features.

I still can't solo the Snow Bantha/Banshee boss. I take too much damage and use up my healing before killing the first guy... I don't see a pattern yet, will keep trying.

EDIT: and it pays off! Guard more and buy deband drink.

At last!. After 2 more hours of Caves for 4 drops, I got the Deband Drink Z. How broken that quest is. I almost completed the Franka fodran quest too, but I will not try to complete it soon, I'm sick of caves.

BTW, I updated my partner profile to be more supportive and even revive allies. I find too frustating to have the NPC's doing nothing by my side when I die, but I guess it will not revive you when playing all alone either.

Oh, also filled all those autowords fields to be as annoying as possible :D

Z3M0G

Starting playing this over the last couple of days and loving it!!!

Had to start over, however, because I started on Ship 9 when I intended to start on Ship 2... I chose the second one in the list...

Fugu

I come online and city is up. It's a good day, GAF.

EDIT: These time limits are insane. I'm doing the mission where you have to find the three crystal parts; I was given basically the best possible map generation and I still finished only 45 seconds short of the time limit. If I'd had one more protection code or one of those damn computer terminals that take 15 seconds I would have been screwed.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I come online and city is up. It's a good day, GAF.

EDIT: These time limits are insane. I'm doing the mission where you have to find the three crystal parts; I was given basically the best possible map generation and I still finished only 45 seconds short of the time limit. If I'd had one more protection code or one of those damn computer terminals that take 15 seconds I would have been screwed.
The city missions basically boil down to rushing to the 2nd area and doing multi-party grinding (or killing Ragne as many times as you can). I personally never care for the objectives.

Fugu

The city missions basically boil down to rushing to the 2nd area and doing multi-party grinding (or killing Ragne as many times as you can). I personally never care for the objectives.
Does anyone do the objectives? I've only done the get 300 points one because... well, you're going to get 300 points whether you like it or not. As far as I can tell people don't do the objectives because if you get a cross burst, you'll obliterate whatever amount of EXP you would have gained from doing the objectives anyway.

Also the amount of ships that crash-land during the average city is just hilarious. Who's funding this?

Moreover, you see at least two cities get obliterated by darker attacks every day. How many cities do they have? Who's building these magical tent pole structures?

Fugu

The cities are maintained by the hundreds -- nay, thousands -- of anime characters that defend it on a periodic basis.

I've been trying to do this quest to do free roam caves with マールー as a force for probably three days now. Vol dragon invariably kills me every time. I was feeling good about this attempt until he spawned rare. About five minutes into fighting me he grazed me with some fire for 391 damage and that was the end of that.

Hit 40 with my force. Been able to equip 2 of my 9 starts gears by the same exact stats requirements, so lucky here since I stopped feeding mag resistances some time ago and it is already 150. My life is far easier now with those 2 +10 gears equiped from shitthy 3 stars gears.

Now wait until they raise level cap, both for mags and characters :(

VariantX

Finally got through with collecting all those materials for raising the level cap! Now I can actually start playing the game again.

Seriously, they need to change the content drip between 20-30. My entire team bar one other person quit the game because of how aggravating grinding hard mode on old maps is. Floating continent and mines are both lv35 areas; they really should have dropped tundra to 25 and added one of those areas as 30.

Fugu

Seriously, they need to change the content drip between 20-30. My entire team bar one other person quit the game because of how aggravating grinding hard mode on old maps is. Floating continent and mines are both lv35 areas; they really should have dropped tundra to 25 and added one of those areas as 30.
People keep talking about this and I'm worried it's going to happen, but I'm level 24 now and it doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
People keep talking about this and I'm worried it's going to happen, but I'm level 24 now and it doesn't seem to be slowing down.
To be honest, I think it's a bit of an exaggeration. While the 20-30 range (or rather 25-30) is definitely the slowest leveling period in the game, picking up all the repeatable COs, running multiparties and farming city when it pops up allows one to level through this pretty quickly. Reaching the current maximum level in PSO2 is faster than in any other MMO I've played to date, really. Of course new 20-30 areas would be a welcome addition, but it's by no means terrible right now imo.

Keep in mind that I'm also on ship 9, which is kind of a ghost town during regular US hours. Finding others in non-city multiplayer maps much less ones grinding pse bursts tends to be rare. Still doesn't excuse sega from believing hard mode would be compelling enough to last for ten levels, or that over half of the quests would be locked until 25, or that the free stages would be locked until 30.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Keep in mind that I'm also on ship 9, which is kind of a ghost town during regular US hours. Finding others in non-city multiplayer maps much less ones grinding pse bursts tends to be rare. Still doesn't excuse sega from believing hard mode would be compelling enough to last for ten levels, or that over half of the quests would be locked until 25, or that the free stages would be locked until 30.
Yeah, I agree, especially about the free field thing. Why did they lock all of them until 30 is beyond me.

VariantX

am I just imagining things or do some monsters have extra attacks in hard mode? I notice those sword-dragon guys doing a shield charge in hard mode I don't ever recall them using in normal mode for example.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I noticed when you are on fire, probably some other status effects too, you can spread it to others. I was waiting to some of the NPCs to heal/anti me. They didn't want to, so I had to have my revenge!
Yeah, fire has that effect. I know that poison doesn't.

I was thinking about lighting, since you can't move when frozen.

How are your rooms, by the way?

I used 3 days pass for My Room and My shop to free some inventory. Now I have two rooms in the forest. Could be all 3 if not for overwriting one. Have some more items, but didn't figure how use them yet.

And no clue what Good Job counter do or how to do it.

I just don't know what to do with so much plants and cactus since I have no zombies to eat them :/

VariantX said:
am I just imagining things or do some monsters have extra attacks in hard mode? I notice those sword-dragon guys doing a shield charge in hard mode I don't ever recall them using in normal mode for example.

They are more active. Enemies like birds or wolves at forest rarely attack at normal. Glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed hard is more than just a stats raise.

Fugu

I may have mitigated this by only unlocking hard at level 23.

How do I start the quest to raise the level cap? I don't want to be stuck on that for a long time.

Killthee

I may have mitigated this by only unlocking hard at level 23.

How do I start the quest to raise the level cap? I don't want to be stuck on that for a long time.
You have to talk to Koffee when you reach lv 25. It's called レベル制限解除試練・Ⅰ

VariantX

You have to talk to Koffee when you reach lv 25. It's called レベル制限解除試練・Ⅰ

Should either lower that requirement of materials, or give you the ability to work on that client order the second you are able to go to the hard mode versions of those levels. Spent 4 days doing just that one order and it was totally un-fun.

Man, is it me, or does it take a while to level from about lvl 20-30? I'm at lvl 23 and it feels like it is taking forever. I've actually stopped playing as much, since I'm tired of only having access to the desert at this point, which is also slowing down my leveling up.

Don't bother asking me to join you, as I'm not on ship 2. Joined when there was no character creation there and at the time I didn't know that there would be no migration from ship to ship, so I'm on ship 10.

I also wish there was just a simple list of all items and their translations. I've looked and I can't find a singular list of everything.

Forces have too much disadvantage in Emergency Quest where you have to break something, like EQ destruction. Well, I'm just unable to clear the mine quest where you have to save the Ewoks.

You have no chance at all with a force of breaking that in time. As you have no chance of break traps in hard, so you have to jump or evade the explosion.

:/

Recall

Man, is it me, or does it take a while to level from about lvl 20-30? I'm at lvl 23 and it feels like it is taking forever. I've actually stopped playing as much, since I'm tired of only having access to the desert at this point, which is also slowing down my leveling up.

Don't bother asking me to join you, as I'm not on ship 2. Joined when there was no character creation there and at the time I didn't know that there would be no migration from ship to ship, so I'm on ship 10.

I also wish there was just a simple list of all items and their translations. I've looked and I can't find a singular list of everything.

I've hit level 21 and just finding the grind and lack of progress a total turn off. Totally loved it upto level 20 but the last few days have just not been fun at all :(

Fugu

Yeah, we were just talking about this. I don't think it's actually that slow, but it certainly doesn't feel that fast.

Top Bottom