• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

VariantX

20-30 is tedious because for ten whole levels, you don't get to do or see anything new. 20-30 is going weed out a lot of new players who don't have the patience to grind the same areas over and over.

Coxy

Forces have too much disadvantage in Emergency Quest where you have to break something, like EQ destruction. Well, I'm just unable to clear the mine quest where you have to save the Ewoks.

You have no chance at all with a force of breaking that in time. As you have no chance of break traps in hard, so you have to jump or evade the explosion.

:/

buh? the best weapon for those events is gunslash, which forces can use

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
And no clue what Good Job counter do or how to do it.
Giving and receiving good jobs both earn FUN. You do it by right clicking a character/name on the team/party/friend list and selecting グッジョブ. You are also asked if you want to give GJ to the store owner after every item purchase. Adding a comment gives you more FUN (don't know about the receiver).

20-30 is tedious because for ten whole levels, you don't get to do or see anything new. 20-30 is going weed out a lot of new players who don't have the patience to grind the same areas over and over.

It's a bit of a quadruple punch of:
1) Only one piece of new content (that mostly consists of stuff you've already played)
2) Lack of easy client orders to help with leveling
3) Being forced to powergrind just to get the "reward" of a higher level cap
4) Said powergrinding consisting of picking up a shitton of drops from enemies that the game may refuse to spawn for you (ever had a desert run where all that ever spawned seemed like Darkers?)

Basically for the first twenty levels you could level up without really trying that hard; then all of a sudden the client orders dry up and there's no new content and suddenly you're forced to abuse multiparty and PSE bursts and client orders just to keep a modicum of the original pace, and for what? A stupid level cap increase? It's basically SEGA saying "we won't punch you as hard next time".

Ideally I'd structure those levels like this:
20: Unlock up to Hard Free Forest, up to Hard Cattedragon Volcano quest, LV30 uncap client order, can unlock Forest Time Attack
25: Unlock Free Volcano, up to Free Desert, unlock Tundra
30: Unlock Subterraean Mines, LV40 uncap client order
35: Unlock Floating Continent

I am also of the opinion that they are going far too slow with the level cap increases. LV50 isn't coming for what, another three months? They should do it five levels at a time, with x0 to x5 not requiring a client order to unlock.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
(ever had a desert run where all that ever spawned seemed like Darkers?)
Like I've said before, the key to grinding desert items is doing area 1 of the 2nd (or 3rd, don't remember now) desert quest and restarting the quest after that yields the best results. No Darkers spawn, so it's a native monsters heaven.
As for the level cap rise, I think it's going to come in September.

Giving and receiving good jobs both earn FUN. You do it by right clicking a character/name on the team/party/friend list and selecting グッジョブ. You are also asked if you want to give GJ to the store owner after every item purchase. Adding a comment gives you more FUN (don't know about the receiver).

I mean this:

5010068.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

It display some sort of customizable messages. Google translator is just a mess

Fugu

"When you use this, the selection of a new autumn-coloured blue headgear accessory will be possible."

I'm not really good at natural translations, but that's what it says. You'll be able to pick a new accessory called autumn blue headgear.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
"When you use this, the selection of a new autumn-coloured blue headgear accessory will be possible."

I'm not really good at natural translations, but that's what it says. You'll be able to pick a new accessory called autumn blue headgear.

Here's a pic:

00102.jpg

Fugu

Well you know that's not at all what I thought that was going to look like.

EDIT: Actually, I guess that makes sense. I just don't get what the "blue" part is about.

Totally failed the second mines mission with 40 minutes on the clock x_x What's the best strategy for defending the thing at the end?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Totally failed the second mines mission with 40 minutes on the clock x_x What's the best strategy for defending the thing at the end?
Ask friends for help and I'm not even kidding. Can be ultra hard if it spawns in a bad spot.

Coxy

what class are you? as a hunter I found the sword and spear impaling moes useful because they stall the enemy and are linear and wont accidently hit the bot & bunny

Fugu

Holy shit, when your mag hits level 50, things get slow.

What is going on tonight? I've had two duel change-overs in a row (two caterdan and then two dark ragune).

EDIT: Aaaaand Guwanada is rare. This game is great.

Same here. I was doing fine. Almost 3/4HP and 22 seconds left. Two machine guns robots spawned and destroyed the thing in less than 10 seconds.

Edit: Beated. Just remember to take care with AOE, since there is 'friendly fire'.

Same here. I was doing fine. Almost 3/4HP and 22 seconds left. Two machine guns robots spawned and destroyed the thing in less than 10 seconds.

Edit: Beated. Just remember to take care with AOE, since there is 'friendly fire'.

Yeah, we actually failed because we didn't realize we were supposed to defend it (I managed to totally forget about Keii warning me of this way back!). A big problem on my end though is my entire arsenal is pretty much AOE. Will Gizonde target it or can I safely zap away?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, we actually failed because we didn't realize we were supposed to defend it (I managed to totally forget about Keii warning me of this way back!). A big problem on my end though is my entire arsenal is pretty much AOE. Will Gizonde target it or can I safely zap away?
I remember our first time of doing this in a party of 4. Netto weak shot the robot and killed it instantly. We had a good laugh out of it though.

Thanks for the translation.

Agree about the AOE. And never do a photon blast right next to it. My party decided to do a 4x photon blast right next to it, thinking it was like the pilot protection code. Big mistake.

VariantX

I saw that posted in the "Do Rangers really need a nerf" thread at PSO-World. No getting around it......thats just crazy for 1 person alone to be able to do that kind of damage by themselves to a boss.

Keep in mind that this type of character build is -very- expensive (apparently you have to cover yourself in units all with Shot 3 and Ability 3 attributes) and is extremely fragile with this much dedicated to pure damage output at the cost of defense. There's no way to achieve results of this level without a lot of time and dedication.

I saw that posted in the "Do Rangers really need a nerf" thread at PSO-World. No getting around it......thats just crazy for 1 person alone to be able to do that kind of damage by themselves to a boss.

Even aside from balance issues among the classes right now, I think the biggest issue is the fact that at level 40 you can already hit a max damage cap in the game. It spells some real issues for the end game viability of the game without some major tweaking to various systems if they want to keep a 9999 damage cap.

Even aside from balance issues among the classes right now, I think the biggest issue is the fact that at level 40 you can already hit a max damage cap in the game. It spells some real issues for the end game viability of the game without some major tweaking to various systems if they want to keep a 9999 damage cap.

I imagine there will be more difficulty levels to choose from in the future. Given how much enemy defense increased between Normal and Hard, I can't imagine this being an issue for long.

I imagine there will be more difficulty levels to choose from in the future. Given how much enemy defense increased between Normal and Hard, I can't imagine this being an issue for long.

My biggest concern is how fast it happened though, as far as I can tell they don't seem to have a great handle on the balance of character progression right now so I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again in very hard and ultimate or whatever the names they give them are.

I suppose the easiest fix would just be to remove the damage cap but I assume they implemented it for some reason and would rather keep it in the long run.

That ranger build is definitely not cheap. Of course, that's what my endgame is going to be built towards, but I'm waiting till a definite level cap before I really play around with Doodoo. Rifles are a lot more fun to play with than launchers that's for sure.

I think everyone of us screwed the first run.

In my case I didn't noticed until 2nd run. I used the PB, Shifta and started to blast the thing. 2 hits later I was already aware you are suposed to defend it, not destroy it :p

You can use Gizonde safely.

About the ranger video. I'm already doing over 2200 with AOE spells. I don't have the better build possible, since I just don't understand most of the things. Those flying enemies at mines eat all the Rafoie: 2200x5=11000 per hit just them alone. With Gigrants at level 3 any Force goes over that. Maybe 9999 already it's not balanced, but I can understand rangers being the better class at dealing damage to a single target.

Blueblur1

Okay, so for a while now I suspected I wasn't getting updated with new client orders from NPCs Laveille and Hans. I just compared the client orders listed at Bumped.org with the ones I have completed and it looks there quite a few COs I don't have access to. Is this a bug or are they COs that become accessible only after level 30 or have some other requirement?

The last ones I got from them are these:

ブラック・スローター・V

Objective: Defeat 20 Kaltagot, 10 Breeada, and 3 Gwanahda.
Requirements: Must be level 16+ enemies.
Prize: メセタ Meseta: 300 経験値 EXP:2200

甲種

Objective: Defeat 40 SpardanA
Notes: Desert Missions
Prize: メセタ Meseta: 250 経験値 EXP:1100

I haven't gotten any of the others listed over at Bumped.org.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Downloaded it, can't read shit.

I think its updating.

Guide on what's what with the launcher?

Launcher Menu translation
Launcher Options translation

There's also a ton of guides for every subject over at Bumped.org and a Google spreadsheet with some handy info/translations.

I also recommend downloading the Character Creator/Benchmark (download link) and the English Patch for it and making it your character on it before you launch the actual game. You can save your character from the Character Creator and import it to the final version, just make sure to review your selections cause the actual game has a couple more options like Voices that aren't available in the Character Creator.

Also be aware the servers are currently offline for maintenance and should be back online in ~6 hours.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think everyone of us screwed the first run.
Nah, it was a cakewalk for me when I did it for the first time. The robot spawned on higher ground and 95% of the enemies were under me. The most dangerous ones couldn't even jump that high.
Okay, so for a while now I suspected I wasn't getting updated with new client orders from NPCs Laveille and Hans. I just compared the client orders listed at Bumped.org with the ones I have completed and it looks there quite a few COs I don't have access to. Is this a bug or are they COs that become accessible only after level 30 or have some other requirement?
From what I've seen, new COs unlock when you unlock new fields/reach certain level and, most importantly, when you do a set number of COs for that specific NPC. I'm at level 40/31 and am still unlocking new ones, so don't worry about that.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looks like the ENGLISH PATCH IS OUT!

Warning:
This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Added to the OP, thanks for the heads up.

Maintenance ended 30 minutes ago and the new patch is live. Full contents here.

Edit:
Both Hans and Franka have new COs for the new emergency mission. They both require Panther/Banshee boss drops but they both give 15,6k xp. I guess having to fight BOTH cats again confirms it's just a recolor. Plus, it's an emergency quest so I guess it means checking the game every full hour to see if it's available...

remz

New dress is affordable at My Shop. Got one already :$

Bikini's looks awful bad if you left your panty suspender on.

Hahahah yeah freaking terrible.

English patch works pretty well. I'll be sad if i get banned tho. Shame they couldn't translate item descriptions

I'll wait till the patch becomes more complete since I'm past the point of the game where the current patch would have helped me. It might help someone I know since he doesn't like playing with moonrunes (if he's not busy with Vindictus that is).

And damn you dr. apocalipsis, now I can't unsee it.

Should have focused on the Lv30 cap quest sooner instead of grinding city emergency missions...

There's nothing quite as annoying as having to grind through areas farming and seeing:
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL

Should have focused on the Lv30 cap quest sooner instead of grinding city emergency missions...

There's nothing quite as annoying as having to grind through areas farming and seeing:
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL

Welcome to a taste of my life. At Force 40 I'll be seeing this for the foreseeable future.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've been seeing this for the past 100 hours and yeah, it's not fun. I've even used the "Impressions" field on the PSO2 site to express my feelings about this, but they don't seem to care.

Top Bottom