• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Well that was really fun, wish I could play some more of the Emergency Mission as it's still going on since it's fast leveling and good items pop up, but I have to work :(.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'd like to remind mew players that you can still join the NeoGAF team on Ship2, since we have around 40 slots left.

I'd like to remind mew players that you can still join the NeoGAF team on Ship2, since we have around 40 slots left.

Can't have enough legendary pokemons in NeoGAF team haha. Anyways, how do you tell what the rarity of an item is? Like, what are the ranking colors for them. I've gotten some purple and one gold colored item, so I guess that's rarer than green right?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can't have enough legendary pokemons in NeoGAF team haha. Anyways, how do you tell what the rarity of an item is? Like, what are the ranking colors for them. I've gotten some purple and one gold colored item, so I guess that's rarer than green right?
The colors are item types - hunter weapons and gunslashes are orange, ranger weapons blue, force weapons yellow, armors (units) violet and rare weapons are all red. Rarity is shown as stars, with 1being the lowest and 9 the highest.

The colors are item types - hunter weapons and gunslashes are orange, ranger weapons blue, force weapons yellow, armors (units) violet and rare weapons are all red. Rarity is shown as stars, with 1being the lowest and 9 the highest.

Aw, I thought they were rare Items, since I rarely saw other colored Items. Also, thanks for the info on Emergency Missions. I got 3 levels out of them and some ok armor and weapons. I could've gotten more but like I said yesterday, I had to work.
I also meant to ask, Has any one here tried the english patch yet?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Aw, I thought they were rare Items, since I rarely saw other colored Items. Also, thanks for the info on Emergency Missions. I got 3 levels out of them and some ok armor and weapons. I could've gotten more but like I said yesterday, I had to work.
I also meant to ask, Has any one here tried the english patch yet?
Yeah, I'm using it. It's pretty awesome. Menus, NPC names, enemy names, item abilities, and basic info for quest/matter board objectives are all translated. NPC dialogue and all the server side stuff (item names) are not translated.

Yeah, I'm using it. It's pretty awesome. Menus, NPC names, enemy names, item abilities, and basic info for quest/matter board objectives are all translated. NPC dialogue and all the server side stuff (item names) are not translated.

Hmmh, I guess I'll try and patch my game with it as I'm struggling abit to remember what does what in this game

Remember to update your Partner card with your current level at Visiphone (2nd option). Right now I only have 3 gaffers at 40.

For those who don't know, you earn some Fun points S ranking quest with friend's NPCs once per day.

Just one run today. A max infected Fang Banshee spawned at forest. It was an easy fight, until Change Over occured and an infected Fang Banther just dropped by too. How cheap these bosses can be comboing you to death as many hits as they need.

Btw, they were unable to jump to trees.

VariantX

Not even sure what strategy to use against the two cats besides bring more people. One is fine, two is just wtf? Managed to break the claws of the first one and was just getting ready to finish it when banther jumps in and starts filling the gaps in banshee's attacks ( basically the times you'd be free to get your hits in safely). Ugh, going to be a while before I can read them clearly.

Not even sure what strategy to use against the two cats besides bring more people. One is fine, two is just wtf? Managed to break the claws of the first one and was just getting ready to finish it when banther jumps in and starts filling the gaps in banshee's attacks ( basically the times you'd be free to get your hits in safely). Ugh, going to be a while before I can read them clearly.

My "strategy" was to bring an NPC ally (which you'll probably have due to the client order) and have it plink the second catte for a bit of damage, which'll draw its exclusive attention.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't believe it. I've found a 8 star "magical girl" rod a few days ago, put it on my shop for 1 million... And it actually sold, allowing me to break the 3 million barrier. :3

I was considering buying more Arks Cash but then I remembered that I never saw it on my credit card statement. Anyone know what the charge looks like?

I bought some the week it went live and it just appeared on my statement today as 'E-PAYMENT SERVICE' with a 25p (UK here) commission charge.

I bought some the week it went live and it just appeared on my statement today as 'E-PAYMENT SERVICE' with a 25p (UK here) commission charge.

dHxZ6.png

FYI I bought AC several weeks ago, so it does take some time to show up.

I have some items that I have no clue what they do or are that I would love for anyone here to identify. The first was some kinda tusk looking thing that came in a yellow diamond and the second item has a box in the item description that also came from a yellow diamond. If pics are needed I will do my best to post them as I don't really know how to post pictures here yet.

remz

I have some items that I have no clue what they do or are that I would love for anyone here to identify. The first was some kinda tusk looking thing that came in a yellow diamond and the second item has a box in the item description that also came from a yellow diamond. If pics are needed I will do my best to post them as I don't really know how to post pictures here yet.

Yellow items are ones that either go towards a client order, or matterboard. From memory the tusk one is for one of the nurses i think

So I decided to finally try to finish the Deband Drink EX client order. Started up free Caves with a couple friends, walked into area 2, and the first thing we see and hear:

We first saw two seconds on the timer, but it quickly ONE MORE'd.

After some difficulty finding the multiparty (one teammate made it while the rest of us got walled off, so we had the teammate pipe us over) we wrapped up said cross burst, seven minutes after we started.

At this point, I'm about 10 or so items away from finishing the drink quest outright, so we continue wandering with the multiparty. In the middle another PSE Burst was triggered, but the multiparty was too scattered to make much of it. A few minutes later, however, we have much better luck.

Third burst event in a single map, lasting about ten minutes - completed the drink quest probably two minutes in. At that point, we had spent some 22 minutes in some sort of burst event all in a single area.

Not a bad way to finish Deband Drink EX.

Fugu

Oh, I didn't need a guide (I can read most of the Japanese in this game). I just didn't know that's what the Visiphone did, having never used it.

Killthee

The fat yellow diamonds are quest items. They only drop when you have an active quest and they stop dropping once you have the amount needed to complete the quest. You can end up with extras though because the game uses your inventory to determine when to stop dropping them. For example killing two enemies at the same time might give you an extra you don't really need or storing your quest items in the bank and then killing some enemies will also do the same.

If you want to identify which quest they're tied to you can flip back and forth between your inventory and your quest list. Once you know which quest it is tied to you can look it up on the spreadsheet to get more info such as who drops the item.

Here's the rest of the item color coding scheme:
  • Normal weapons are either orange (Hunter weapon or gunslash), yellow (Force), or blue (Ranger)
  • Armor is purple
  • Consumables and other special items are fat green boxes. Recovery items, accessory tickets, monogrinders, synthesizers, mag food items, telepipes, etc... all fall under this category
  • Techniques (spells) and Photon Arts (weapon special attacks) are green CD's
  • Furniture is a fat pink diamond
  • Quest items are fat yellow diamonds
  • Money is a yellow diamond
  • Matter Board items are shiny gold drops with various shapes. They can be in the shape of weapons, armor, or just fat gold boxes
  • Rare weapons are shiny dark red drops. If they come in a fat dark red box you have to visit the tekker in the shopping level to identify it

The fat yellow diamonds are quest items. They only drop when you have an active quest and they stop dropping once you have the amount needed to complete the quest. You can end up with extras though because the game uses your inventory to determine when to stop dropping them. For example killing two enemies at the same time might give you an extra you don't really need or storing your quest items in the bank and then killing some enemies will also do the same.

If you want to identify which quest they're tied to you can flip back and forth between your inventory and your quest list. Once you know which quest it is tied to you can look it up on the spreadsheet to get more info such as who drops the item.

Here's the rest of the item color coding scheme:
  • Normal weapons are either orange (Hunter weapon or gunslash), yellow (Force), or blue (Ranger)
  • Armor is purple
  • Consumables and other special items are fat green boxes. Recovery items, accessory tickets, monogrinders, synthesizers, mag food items, telepipes, etc... all fall under this category
  • Techniques (spells) and Photon Arts (weapon special attacks) are green CD's
  • Furniture is a fat pink diamond
  • Quest items are fat yellow diamonds
  • Money is a yellow diamond
  • Matter Board items are shiny gold drops with various shapes. They can be in the shape of weapons, armor, or just fat gold boxes
  • Rare weapons are shiny dark red drops. If they come in a fat dark red box you have to visit the tekker in the shopping level to identify it

I like how you call the Diamonds fat. Anyways, I've gotton some weapons from red dark chest before but I can't seem to weld it, and when I go to the tekker, it says I have no weapon to Identify, yet I see it in my inventory. I've also gotten a Matter Board weapon, but it was a real weak weapon so I just sold it.

Okay, what do you guys do for money? I want to buy some outfits for my female newman Force, but some of the outfits are in the millions, and I don't play the game that much! It's also kinda frustrating that from what I can tell, the male equivalent outfits aren't as expensive.

And man, I'm still only at level 26. This climb to lvl 30 is soooooooo slow.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I like how you call the Diamonds fat. Anyways, I've gotton some weapons from red dark chest before but I can't seem to weld it, and when I go to the tekker, it says I have no weapon to Identify, yet I see it in my inventory. I've also gotten a Matter Board weapon, but it was a real weak weapon so I just sold it.
Weapons and units have stat requirements, so you'll have to check if you're strong enough to equip them in the first place.
Okay, what do you guys do for money? I want to buy some outfits for my female newman Force, but some of the outfits are in the millions, and I don't play the game that much! It's also kinda frustrating that from what I can tell, the male equivalent outfits aren't as expensive.

I think it's extremely hard to get a lot of money in the game without using My Shop. With it, it's another story. I can make around 30-200k per day just by logging in and doing the FUN scratch. Having a premium account nets you pretty good amount of points every day + you can get up to 100 every day giving good job to people on your friend list.
Other than that, it's all about the rare drops. I've sold 2 8 star force weapons for a total of 2 million and currently have 2,7 million.
I'd have more, but feeding 2 mags at the same time with 3-5 star weapons eats a lot of money.

This reminds me of some guy I randomly met during one session I had in PSO where he was nice enough to hand me about 9 million in meseta for no reason. But yeah, it seem that in this game you spend more money than what you make.

Keep in mind im a force, have never used a healing item to date and I'm level 31.

I pick up everything i see, bank everything when full and sell everything after each mission for money. No lie, when I do a good run its about 30-40k in 20 min. I'm a male force and have been able to afford everything I want and more so.

I hate grinding and leveling up is actually almost too easy if you ask me if you use the client orders effectively and know where/when to run missions that cross bursts can occur.

Killthee

Keep in mind im a force, have never used a healing item to date and I'm level 31.

I pick up everything i see, bank everything when full and sell everything after each mission for money. No lie, when I do a good run its about 30-40k in 20 min. I'm a male force and have been able to afford everything I want and more so.
This is pretty much the only option if you don't want to spend real cash on a My Shop pass. I'd also like to add that Emergency Quest also come in very handy when grinding for money. If you jump in at the start with a good group and just run to the Multi Party Area you can get +200k in an hour.

Follow the Emergency Quest bot on Twitter and try to jump online whenever you see the announcement for your ship. It tweets the announcements ~15 minutes before the quest starts.

I'm close to 5 million now. I only feed my mag 1-2* weapons (Keii would disagree :p) and I don't go crazy with Doodoo. He's a HUGE money sink especially if you're looking to grind up 8-9* equipment. My 7* +10 mains more than hold its own (plus they have Lucky Drop on them which I don't want to lose). You can also save a few equipment with certain souls in them (Mizer souls can go for 20k or more). Best investment imo is getting extra storage.

I could probably have gotten more if I hadn't soul-bound several rares (by accident). Duel Gaze is equipable by all classes, but I knew it was too good to be true to use Force attacks as a Ranger D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm close to 5 million now. I only feed my mag 1-2* weapons (Keii would disagree :p)
How can you not feed mag with 3-5 star weapons?! That's blasphemy D:

Edit:
According to that twitter bot, there were no emergency quests on ship 2 today. Sad face.

How can you not feed mag with 3-5 star weapons?! That's blasphemy D:

Edit:
According to that twitter bot, there were no emergency quests on ship 2 today. Sad face.

My mag got whatever I had lying around regardless of star rating. Right now it gets nothing because it's at 150.

I guess it's making up for us getting like 3 emergencies every day for the past 5 days or so.

Nishastra

Banned
That does not sound good.

Edit: Though it seems to be just a rule and not an actual IP ban. We'll see, I guess. I already broke enough rules buying AC :p

Top Bottom