• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

WarMacheen

Launcher Menu translation
Launcher Options translation

There's also a ton of guides for every subject over at Bumped.org and a Google spreadsheet with some handy info/translations.

I also recommend downloading the Character Creator/Benchmark (download link) and the English Patch for it and making it your character on it before you launch the actual game. You can save your character from the Character Creator and import it to the final version, just make sure to review your selections cause the actual game has a couple more options like Voices that aren't available in the Character Creator.

Also be aware the servers are currently offline for maintenance and should be back online in ~6 hours.

Thanks!

Killthee
helped a brotha out

Indeed

Jiraiza

English patch is ready by the nice folks at PSUMods for those who have been waiting a long time. It's a lot more comprehensive this time around.

Wonko_C

Should have focused on the Lv30 cap quest sooner instead of grinding city emergency missions...

There's nothing quite as annoying as having to grind through areas farming and seeing:
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL
EXP FULL

I don't understand why does the game do this. Wouldn't it be better if it didn't show anything at all once you reach the level cap? Someone should suggest it to the dev team.

I don't understand why does the game do this. Wouldn't it be better if it didn't show anything at all once you reach the level cap? Someone should suggest it to the dev team.

It needs to show -something- because that's the cue that tells you an enemy has died.

Wonko_C

It needs to show -something- because that's the cue that tells you an enemy has died.

I never thought about it like that. Normally I go by sound to check if the enemy has died, also their drops tend to come out immediately after the killing blow and before they fall. Maybe having it as a toggle-able option then? (Not like I'll ever reach full exp in a PSO game without burning out first)

I never thought about it like that. Normally I go by sound to check if the enemy has died, also their drops tend to come out immediately after the killing blow and before they fall. Maybe having it as a toggle-able option then? (Not like I'll ever reach full exp in a PSO game without burning out first)

It's Sega's way of telling you to level up your other classes.
Because sub-classes are coming.

Hmm, if PSU is any indication, looks like I'll be leveling up a Force for my secondary: http://psupedia.info/Classes

Ugh. Ok, now I'm starting to "hate" these costumes. Although you could easily say its my fault.

I saw the Haze hat and clothes before the update. Great! Then I play today, look for it. Find out its male only...

So a bit defeated, I brush it off. I want the Haze Hat most of all anyway. Look it up, takes awhile and I finally see why. It's up for 600k! It's just a hat! I thought I could get away with it not being a female only item but forget that!

Could be worse I guess.

Ugh. Ok, now I'm starting to "hate" these costumes. Although you could easily say its my fault.

I saw the Haze hat and clothes before the update. Great! Then I play today, look for it. Find out its male only...

So a bit defeated, I brush it off. I want the Haze Hat most of all anyway. Look it up, takes awhile and I finally see why. It's up for 600k! It's just a hat! I thought I could get away with it not being a female only item but forget that!

Could be worse I guess.

Hatwear and other accessories aren't sellable once used, so prices are going to be inflated because of that. It could be worse, you can one of those guys spending REAL money trying to get a certain item. (I lucked out when I got my red yukata from an AC ticket. =P)

Uhhh, when you put in the codes to redeem stuff earned from closed beta onwards, where does it go? Because my storage was apparently full when I put the codes in and the stuff isn't in my active inventory or alternate storage locations either... and the codes don't work anymore.

There is a storage box specifically for item code stuff. Third option (I think) when you access the bank, then fiddle around with the menu options until they appear.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dear GAF,

Played the Alpha but was holding out on the full release because I've been hella busy and didn't want to go back to pre english patch. Guess I'll patch back up and try and install the English patch.

I just hope I won't feel like I'm so far behind with nobody to play with. :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Was anyone able to take part in that new forest emergency quest?
I have yet to see it pop...

5000 AC. . . and not a single swimsuit. CAST PARTS WTF. Fuck you Sega. :/

Waiting on 3000 more money right now.

image.php

Least you get a free rappy suit (provided you spent that much starting in August).

Stubo

Random question about units. I'm level 21 and trying to put more time into the game to catch everyone and hit the level cap. What is the best way to go about getting better units?

Searching player shops for 6 star ones appears to return results full of higher star units that I can't equip yet. Would I be better off just grinding the ones I already have?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Random question about units. I'm level 21 and trying to put more time into the game to catch everyone and hit the level cap. What is the best way to go about getting better units?

Searching player shops for 6 star ones appears to return results full of higher star units that I can't equip yet. Would I be better off just grinding the ones I already have?
There are a few good ones on the matter boards, so you could just go for those. They usually have 3-4 skills irc and really come in handy.

Was anyone able to take part in that new forest emergency quest?
I have yet to see it pop...

It is then like 'a wild Dark Ragne appeared' then?

I understood like that at first, but then I heard it was like city missions :p

Maybe we should group and start to roam at free forest 2.

Edit: First try. Running around ignoring enemies. A rappy appeared, I killed him and pooped a Tuna Sword. It's equippable by forces. Pretty much useless, but funny. Animation is top tier.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It is then like 'a wild Dark Ragne appeared' then?

I understood like that at first, but then I heard it was like city missions :p

Maybe we should group and start to roam at free forest 2.

Edit: First try. Running around ignoring enemies. A rappy appeared, I killed him and pooped a Tuna Sword. It's equippable by forces. Pretty much useless, but funny. Animation is top tier.
No no, it's like the city missions.
Ah, lucky you. I've killed about 5 and got squat.

So I just read a rumor on PSOW that all ships sans Ship 2 got the new Forest Emergency Mission, do any of the Japanese speaking players know if there is anything to this?

VariantX

really? that's kind of hilarious in a way lol. Should go ahead and log on for a bit then to see if I can be online when it does drop.

I'm finally back in action. Good to see the english patch is up, but not sure if I should do it, seeing as there is still a slight possibility to get banned. I guess I'll just keep leveling up to catch up to people.

Blueblur1

I was considering buying more Arks Cash but then I remembered that I never saw it on my credit card statement. Anyone know what the charge looks like?

kiryogi

Banned
so 3000 AC later I finally nailed the green swimsuit. Sigh. gonna get another 3000 so I can get premium to sell off the junk parts :/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I just read a rumor on PSOW that all ships sans Ship 2 got the new Forest Emergency Mission, do any of the Japanese speaking players know if there is anything to this?
I've checked both the official site plus some Japanese forums and found no such rumor or anything that would show it's true.

I have a quick question, I'm trying to do a mission, but it won't let me select it, it appears, but it appears in transparent letters. Does this mean that I have to level up to the required level or am i missing something?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have a quick question, I'm trying to do a mission, but it won't let me select it, it appears, but it appears in transparent letters. Does this mean that I have to level up to the required level or am i missing something?
Screenshot would be nice, but if you have quests you can't select it usually means that your level is not high enough.

Kokonoe

Banned
Since this game is going to have separate regions, I expect the NA/EU will shut down after 5 years and we'll be behind in content by 2-3 years.

I hope I am proven wrong.

Screenshot would be nice, but if you have quests you can't select it usually means that your level is not high enough.

Ohh, I'm just a lowly lvl 4 Ranger, and it won't let me do a lvl 5 mission. It didn't seem to have a problem with the other ones, so why now? Also, do you share exp with people that randomly join your quest? If not, I'm going to have to make my rooms private.

Since this game is going to have separate regions, I expect the NA/EU will shut down after 5 years and we'll be behind in content by 2-3 years.
I might just stay put in the Jap version seeing as I've already started to pick up steam, but if others I know migrate, then I guess I might.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ohh, I'm just a lowly lvl 4 Ranger, and it won't let me do a lvl 5 mission. It didn't seem to have a problem with the other ones, so why now? Also, do you share exp with people that randomly join your quest? If not, I'm going to have to make my rooms private.

I might just stay put in the Jap version seeing as I've already started to pick up steam, but if others I know migrate, then I guess I might.
Why... Well, that's how it is. :)
No, your xp and loot sre your own.

VariantX

If hes lucky, there will be an emergency mission going on soon and with a good multiparty, fill up half to 3/4 of the exp bar in one mission, even more if a PSE burst starts that evolves into a cross burst.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

You share exp with other people doing the same quest if you're near the enemy when they make the kill shot. You don't even have to get a hit in, you just have to be close by. The experience isn't divided so you'll always get the same amount no matter who made the kill.

The spawn rate of the enemies and the amount of enemies is also based on how many people are in the area. 12 man Multi party areas get pretty hectic at times. It's also better to have real people in the party than the NPC's since people spread out and tend to call out Emergency Code coordinates when they occur, but if there's no one playing the quest at the time you should just call up a NPC to increase the amount of enemies. If people start to join and you decide you want to free up the slots your NPC's are taking, you can dump them via the Party Command menu.

You share exp with other people doing the same quest if you're near the enemy when they make the kill shot. You don't even have to get a hit in, you just have to be close by. The experience isn't divided so you'll always get the same amount no matter who made the kill.

The spawn rate of the enemies and the amount of enemies is also based on how many people are in the area. 12 man Multi party areas get pretty hectic at times. It's also better to have real people in the party than the NPC's since people spread out and tend to call out Emergency Code coordinates when they occur, but if there's no one playing the quest at the time you should just call up a NPC to increase the amount of enemies. If people start to join and you decide you want to free up the slots your NPC's are taking, you can dump them via the Party Command menu.

How do I get NPC's in my party? And what are these emergency Mission you speak of Good VariantX?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How do I get NPC's in my party? And what are these emergency Mission you speak of Good VariantX?
Sorry about that shared xp thing, for some reason I thought you meant xp dividing.
You can call npcs from the terminal on the left side of the camp ship, under the window.

Emergency quests are special quests that pop in random time intervals and last for an hour. There are system messages that inform you that the emergency quests can be taken at the quest counter.

VariantX

They're event missions that happen at random throughout the day, once people get wind of it, they tend to wrap up what ever quests or nonsense they were doing, and get ready to go in to the emergency missions. That also means there's a high chance that you'll have 12 people total in the multi-party area, which means a huge amount of monsters spawning in and probably your best chance for a PSE burst to happen which raises the monster spawn rate even higher. So, you really want to do those as the potential rewards are huge.

You'll know there's a emergency mission going on or about to happen when :

• When you hear the word "Darker" and "quest counter" when the announcement lady speaks
  • when you're in the lobby you see the word caution on most of the monitors which means that the emergency mission will be occurring soon (heard from people in the game that the announcement precedes the event by 15 minutes)
  • when you see emergency in red letters all over the same monitors that once said caution which means the mission is going on now

When the mission is available, there will be an extra mission category for you to select missions from when you go to the quest counter.

Oh, never seen that happen before. Then again, I stopped playing around 2 weeks ago because my Lappy couldn't run the game after the 3rd or 4th mission

so 3000 AC later I finally nailed the green swimsuit. Sigh. gonna get another 3000 so I can get premium to sell off the junk parts :/

Haha oh god that's dedication. I was crazy lucky and got a purple Yukata on my FIRST SCRATCH.

I don't think I will spend any more money on this game. I have some extra AC after getting the Yukata and buying a 30 day My Shop pass. Being able to actually buy rares with Meseta is mind blowing. Lol so used to the only viable currency being PDs.

So I might try for a swimsuit with my last bit of AC. Gotta be strong and not spend any more cash...

Top Bottom