• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Ferr986

And what do you mean by story chapter variations? Does that mean playing the same story event over and going down a different path in the stage?

Yeah, theres two paths in the first area of Tundra. The first time you do the area you can only go to the right, but when you complete the gold notes on the matterboard you can go to the left.

Blueblur1

Yeah, theres two paths in the first area of Tundra. The first time you do the area you can only go to the right, but when you complete the gold notes on the matterboard you can go to the left.

I only have access to the story mission with Afin. I guess I have to replay it and go down a different path then.

Ferr986

I only have access to the story mission with Afin. I guess I have to replay it and go down a different path then.

Oh yeah sorry, I was thinking about the 3rd matterboard.
Anyways, its the same, theres 3 paths in that story mision and you have to explore them (so redo the stage 3 times).

You can tell whether or not you're "done" with a story quest by looking at the icon next to the quest. If its a "!" you haven't even started it yet, if only half of a crown is filled in there is another path that you haven't completed yet, and if the crown is full that means you're done. When in doubt you can always just go and check whether or not Shion is standing in the lobby ready to give you the next matterboard.

Cmagus

This was a pretty cool fight but tough with the Dr.Eggman guns lol.

j2ykqEjZ973gb.jpg

Blueblur1

When I last checked yesterday it had a half-crown which I thought was a bug. So that explains it. Thanks for the clarification.

Most of the alternate paths in the story quests are easy to figure out. The one people usually get confused on is the Caves story mission in which you open up the second path by killing everything in the first area and the final one has two endings; a good ending you get if you don't kill any of the natives and a bad ending where you did kill natives. A few of the missions later on only have one path.

Ferr986

So what do you guys do for leveling up?
Im at 48 and things are starting to be really slow, even in MPAs on the last stage in VH.
I read theres CO with good exp rewards but the max i saw is 10k , usuall 6k, thats it?

So what do you guys do for leveling up?
Im at 48 and things are starting to be really slow, even in MPAs on the last stage in VH.
I read theres CO with good exp rewards but the max i saw is 10k , usuall 6k, thats it?

You can do way better. Remember to check the daily orders every day (keep in mind the daily orders with no specified target is exp/meseta per kill/drop, so you get the exp listed * however many times you decide to do it), become good friends with Franka and Ravelle, do all your weapon training and time attack client orders, etc...

Ferr986

You can do way better. Remember to check the daily orders every day (keep in mind the daily orders with no specified target is exp/meseta per kill/drop, so you get the exp listed * however many times you decide to do it), become good friends with Franka and Ravelle, do all your weapon training and time attack client orders, etc...

Thanks! Forgot about daily orders lol (took a 2 month break and didnt remember a lot of things)
I still have some CO from Franka to finish, I guess she gives better ones when she is happy with you.

whats your other class at?

42 hu

The best EXP IMO is from Dark Falz. Get on the twitter bot, find out which one is Dark Falz, sign on, pop an EXP pill, and machine gun the hell out of him.

Reknoc

Dark Falz is easy to spot on the twitter bot if you use chromes page translate since it translates it as dark phallus, which'll never stop being funny.

Ferr986

yeah doing Falz right now. I guess its because of the new lvl cap but holy shit the hands die in 20 secs now. Should have used an exp ticket.

yeah doing Falz right now. I guess its because of the new lvl cap but holy shit the hands die in 20 secs now.

It's because of the retardedly strong R-ATK boost Fury Stance currently provides, which is the reason the skill tree is being adjusted -again- with this week's maintenance.

One point toward the 10* attack boost. For Techer, if buffs are your thing, 10 points into the skill that makes it last up to 4 minutes.

I put one into it currently (still didn't respec)

do you get 30 t-atk per point, or is it just one big boost, then a little bit for each?

that buff to 4 minutes sounds amazing though

I need to respec my Techer and Force trees. Any ideas?

definitely not going ice route this time lol

:*(

For force there are two optimal trees. Either max out fire or max out lightning. Both are mostly even with one another at this point so either one is fine.

If you choose Fire then basically you want to fill in the entire fire side of the tree (including both of the tech charge advances) except for burn boost because its awful. Then with the leftover points you have a couple of choices. You can either dump the rest into the t-atk boosts or you can start heading towards the Tech JA skills in the lightning tree. Don't ever put more than one point into rare mastery because its not worth it. 1 point in rare mastery gives you +30, while all 10 will only bump that up to +50.

If you choose lightning you want to max out the two lightning mastery skills and the tech JA skill. Then you want to head over to the fire tree and max out both of the tech charge advances. Then you have 1 point left over which you can put into rare mastery or t-atk, your choice.

Either of these two will turn you into a killing machine. Have fun oneshotting things!

Te should never be your main class if you're going for damage. Its just weaker overall, but it is incredibly handy as a sub class. For Te there are a few options but I would suggest putting all your points into maxing PP restorate, PP convert, and element weak hit. That way your Fo will never run out of PP and you'll do bonus damage when using your preferred Fo tree against enemies that are weak to it. As for the rest of your points, most people put them into either maxing dark or light masteries since the megid skills and gi/grants are pretty good.

Of course you could always build a support driven Te, but that should be rather self explanatory on how to make.

Though if you want to go for MAXIMUM NUMBERS Fo, you're going to want to level up Fighter.

Edit: oh one last thing about Te. The new extend assist skill they added is kinda messy. You know how each "tick" of shifta/deband adds a few seconds of buff up to about a minute? Well all the extend assist skill does is increase your buff time cap. So what that means is that each "tick of S/D is still adding the same few amount seconds, but it also means that in order for people to have your glorious 3minutes of buff, they have to be standing in your S/D for several casts.

I need to respec my Techer and Force trees. Any ideas?

definitely not going ice route this time lol

:*(
There's a great series of template builds in the guides section on the PSO-W boards. My reccomendation is:
1. PP Charge Revival is the most important skill for a Force to have. Put a point in this ASAP
2. Tech Charge Advance is also very important. Max both for a 120% boost
3. Then max out flame charge time and put points into lightning cost down. Which one you do first depends on your preferred attack strategy.

What's the consensus on Hunter vs. Fighter? Just hit lv. 25 as a human-male hunter (HUmar). I'm wondering which would be the optimal evolutionary path for my first mag. I am assuming pure S-ATK? Looking at some YouTube videos those double sabers looks sick especially that high dps spinning throw attack.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What's the consensus on Hunter vs. Fighter? Just hit lv. 25 as a human-male hunter (HUmar). I'm wondering which would be the optimal evolutionary path for my first mag. I am assuming pure S-ATK? Looking at some YouTube videos those double sabers looks sick especially that high dps spinning throw attack.
Hunter is stronger and has AoE attacks, so if you want to play the "better" class, you should go for HU imo.
As for the mag, if you feed it with s-atk weapons you shouldn't regret it.

That "spinning throw attack" (Deadly Archer) is sadly the only useful Double Saber move...

Mik2121

So you guys are on Ship 02?

I just got the Vita version and I was thinking of joining you guys, though I might not be able to play as much as some of you. The Vita and PC versions are connected right?

Now that I'm seeing people worried about there stats, I'm wondering if I'm doing my Ranger well by just putting skills on whatever seems good?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I just got the Vita version and I was thinking of joining you guys, though I might not be able to play as much as some of you. The Vita and PC versions are connected right?
Sure, join us and don't worry about your weekly/daily play time. Yes, the Vita and PC versions are connected - same characters and shared blocks.

Yep, and don't forget to read up on the friend invite system before you make your first character! Details are in the first post.

So that possible "Duman" race sounds right up my alley. I guess they excel at damage but are poor with defense. If they introduce a "Fencer" or "Rapier" class then that's a match made in heaven for me. High DPS, risky class. Love the challenge.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So that possible "Duman" race sounds right up my alley. I guess they excel at damage but are poor with defense. If they introduce a "Fencer" or "Rapier" class then that's a match made in heaven for me. High DPS, risky class. Love the challenge.
Well, you can do glass cannon builds with the current classes as well - sacrifice most of your defense for attack, use fury stance all the time etc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is that really wise though? For ranged classes sure, but for melee I don't see the reward, only the risk.
Quite a lot of people in our team use the glass canon builds and well, the reward is dishing huge damage. Since you can dodge/block all attacks, if you can play well it's not that bad. Soloing bosses is harder, since you fail when everyone dies during the boss fight, but it's not impossible.

Mik2121

Sure, join us and don't worry about your weekly/daily play time. Yes, the Vita and PC versions are connected - same characters and shared blocks.
Sweet! I already joined, my nickname is Mik2121. I have seen people sharing some sort of ID numbers? So I'll check what's up with that and hopefully we can add each other :)

Yep, and don't forget to read up on the friend invite system before you make your first character! Details are in the first post.

Welp, that was kinda late... but I'm still level 4 so I would not mind making my character again. I will read the OP and see what's up with the friend invite system.
Edit: Oh... "The player you are inviting must have not made any characters on any ship. This also counts for those who made a character and deleted them, the account must have not made any characters on any ship regardless." It seems I can't do it any longer. Sorry :(

Also, damn... it's been forever since the last time I played PSO EpI&II on the gamecube... I absolutely forgot what many of the items are, like the photons (or however they were called) and all the discs... (were they in EpI&II??).

Guys, I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, so... will my HTPC be able to run this?

Specs:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 320M
RAM - 8GB

Well? Since it uses laptop hardware and the number scales are different I really can't tell... I don't care if it's absolute minimum, will it run (somewhat smoothly), at least?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Guys, I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, so... will my HTPC be able to run this?

Specs:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 320M
RAM - 8GB

Well? Since it uses laptop hardware and the number scales are different I really can't tell... I don't care if it's absolute minimum, will it run (somewhat smoothly), at least?
It should run it, but you'll probably need to drop some things to low to get a good frame rate. There's a benchmark (character create & a render test) available if you want to be sure before bothering with the game download.

http://download.pso2.jp/benchmark/PSO2_CC2.zip
http://pso2.jp/benchmark/

★ Less than 2000: Please adjust your game settings because the processing load is quite heavy.
★★ 2000 through 5000: The game runs fine at the setting, if you have room, you can adjust some settings.
★★★ 5001+: The game works wonderfully at this setting.

It should run it, but you'll probably need to drop some things to low to get a good frame rate. There's a benchmark (character create & a render test) available if you want to be sure before bothering with the game download.

http://download.pso2.jp/benchmark/PSO2_CC2.zip
http://pso2.jp/benchmark/

Your title is accurate!

Edit 1: There must be something wrong... I just ran it and all the way through (in 1920x1080) the game ran solidly and smoothly at 30-35 fps and I got a score of 23. oO

Also, I'm downloading the full game as we speak but it stopped at 2.05% and some message popped up and now it's stopped (for like 20 mins)... Tried pressing everything but nothing's happening.

Edit 2: I think it might be in maintenance right now... I have the worst timing, if so, lol.

Man, I'm having a really hard time registering my ID... every time I'm done inputing the correct symbols the thing is always timed out. =/ I'm on my 7th attempt, here...

Edit: Plus, this character that isn't on the Hiragana Keyboard keeps popping up. =/ Goddamnit.

Edit 2: FINALLY! =)

Edit 3: Oh, for fuck's sake, I have to authenticate with the hiragana stuff EVERY TIME I WANT TO LOGIN onto the website? This is fucking bullshit, I've wasted 2 hours just creating a damn profile and now I have to get it "allowed" to play the game? Goddamnit, this is a nightmare.

Edit 4: And yet another captcha... Jesus Christ, when does it end? =(

Edit 5: I think it's finally done. Here's hoping...

Man, I'm having a really hard time registering my ID... every time I'm done inputing the correct symbols the thing is always timed out. =/ I'm on my 7th attempt, here...

Edit: Plus, this character that isn't on the Hiragana Keyboard keeps popping up. =/ Goddamnit.

Edit 2: FINALLY! =)

Edit 3: Oh, for fuck's sake, I have to authenticate with the hiragana stuff EVERY TIME I WANT TO LOGIN onto the website? This is fucking bullshit, I've wasted 2 hours just creating a damn profile and now I have to get it "allowed" to play the game? Goddamnit, this is a nightmare.

Edit 4: And yet another captcha... Jesus Christ, when does it end? =(

Edit 5: I think it's finally done. Here's hoping...

Don't you just love moon runes?

Edit 1: There must be something wrong... I just ran it and all the way through (in 1920x1080) the game ran solidly and smoothly at 30-35 fps and I got a score of 23. oO

60fps is the baseline performance expectation so that makes sense. If you're only getting 30 in the benchmark test the real game will easily be a slide show at times.

60fps is the baseline performance expectation so that makes sense. If you're only getting 30 in the benchmark test the real game will easily be a slide show at times.

I wont be playing it at 1080, I'll be playing it at 720, I expect that to make it alot smoother.

Anyway, it finished installing, I put the english language patch files in AND... nothing. I put in all 3 patches, the story one and the other 2 (small and large), but every time I try to run the game, a box with 3 loading bars appears except they don't load and just give me some warning... what gives, GAF?

Wonko_C

I wont be playing it at 1080, I'll be playing it at 720, I expect that to make it alot smoother.

Anyway, it finished installing, I put the english language patch files in AND... nothing. I put in all 3 patches, the story one and the other 2 (small and large), but every time I try to run the game, a box with 3 loading bars appears except they don't load and just give me some warning... what gives, GAF?
That's the updater, leave it on until it finishes, (it is slow) let it boot the game, and after you confirm it is running, exit the game, then install the english patch.

Update: Be sure to get today's English patch, using an old one is strongly advised against.

That's the updater, leave it on until it finishes, (it is slow) let it boot the game, and after you confirm it is running, exit the game, then install the english patch.

Additionally, the game was just patched during this maintenance cycle and patches always have a chance of breaking the third party language modifications (or the third party modifications straight up making the game not work). I don't know if this week's patch was enough to need mod updates.

Also, though I've mentioned it this page already, did you look at the friend invite stuff linked in the OP?

Also also, do you still play Killthee?

Finally got my second S rank. 5 minutes later, the Gel Wulfs gave me wings!

My kid was watching. He must be a good luck charm or something. I can finally get my Umballa staff and level some other classes.

I got it working but the camera spins like crazy . I am using motioninjoy with the xbox setting.

Anyone have any ideas? It doesnt spin if i have the menus up.

Update: Be sure to get today's English patch, using an old one is strongly advised against.

It doesn't move, the 3 bars just sit there, for hours, and nothing happens. At all. Help?

Top Bottom