• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

It's a large, multi-GB patch being downloaded from Japanese CDN servers.

EDIT: Although if it's been literal hours something might be up...

It hasn't moved since 10 am, restarted it countless times, always the same, the first bar loads like 1/10th, then it stops and that's it, it just sits there.

Edit: That's 10 am GMT... 17 hours ago.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It hasn't moved since 10 am, restarted it countless times, always the same, the first bar loads like 1/10th, then it stops and that's it, it just sits there.

Edit: That's 10 am GMT... 17 hours ago.
The only thing I can think of is to stop the download and perform a file check (button #3 in the launcher).

4bfSlbwl.jpg

sorry for duplicate posts in the threads but I really want a team invite lol

where is dr apocalipsis? and how can you manually enter a name to whisper

The only thing I can think of is to stop the download and perform a file check (button #3 in the launcher).

4bfSlbwl.jpg

That screen didn't even exist for me. There was no way to stop the download. I ended up completely deleting everything from my PC and redownloading the basic client and re-isntalling... I'm just now trying to launch it before I even patch it just to see if it works, but the same thing is happening. 3 loading bars, first one loads for 2 seconds, then it stops and that's it. Some warning pops up and the bars just sit there, forever.

This time, however, I can press a button and it takes me to that screen... however, when I press the 3rd button like you instructed, the same 3 bars pop up and the same thing happens, except now I have that window open in the background. So now what?

Edit: Still no luck... *sigh* I've been wasting the last 2 days trying to get the damn thing to work... I guess it's not meant to be. For fuck's sake Sega, just hurry the fuck up and give us a worldwide release...

That screen didn't even exist for me. There was no way to stop the download. I ended up completely deleting everything from my PC and redownloading the basic client and re-isntalling... I'm just now trying to launch it before I even patch it just to see if it works, but the same thing is happening. 3 loading bars, first one loads for 2 seconds, then it stops and that's it. Some warning pops up and the bars just sit there, forever.

This time, however, I can press a button and it takes me to that screen... however, when I press the 3rd button like you instructed, the same 3 bars pop up and the same thing happens, except now I have that window open in the background. So now what?

Edit: Still no luck... *sigh* I've been wasting the last 2 days trying to get the damn thing to work... I guess it's not meant to be. For fuck's sake Sega, just hurry the fuck up and give us a worldwide release...

Just let it run through the day, hopefully when the Japanese are asleep. The installer is several patch levels behind so starting from there it's essentially downloading the entire game.

Failing that, I can upload the entire content of my game directory tonight so it shouldn't need to download anything from the patch servers.

Cmagus

The sanctum area is so nice looking.Been grinding like crazy with some friends been farming meseta pretty quickly as well which is nice with all the quick emergency missions in this area.

iEFPCz37Uyf7p.png

ioOpt4zcQnqoS.png

Honestly...

everything in the recycle shop can be easily ignored. It's a nice perk for purchasing the premium set but it's not something that's required to enjoy the game.

If it bothers you that much, buy a premium set.

This is not how making a f2p game works, lol.

So you think it's fair that only they pay and you don't?

Honestly...

everything in the recycle shop can be easily ignored. It's a nice perk for purchasing the premium set but it's not something that's required to enjoy the game.

If it bothers you that much, buy a premium set.
What? This is exactly how two types of F2P business models are supposed to work. Either big whale spenders subsidize players who don't spend a dime via some sort of money black hole, or you offer a monthly sub to ungimp your account.

There are two things that bothers me about the recycle shop: that they dangle it in front of you without explicitly telling you it requires premium to use, and that you need two types of currency to make it happen. Either give premium players unrestricted access like they do for the other premium-only features, or have people grind to get the material to exchange for it. Not both.

What? This is exactly how two types of F2P business models are supposed to work. Either big whale spenders subsidize players who don't spend a dime via some sort of money black hole, or you offer a monthly sub to ungimp your account.

There are two things that bothers me about the recycle shop: that they dangle it in front of you without explicitly telling you it requires premium to use, and that you need two types of currency to make it happen. Either give premium players unrestricted access like they do for the other premium-only features, or have people grind to get the material to exchange for it. Not both.

It's widely known that it requires the premium set.

What exactly are you referring to when you say grind to get materials to exchange? Are you directly referencing the ability to trade S-ranks for a pass to buy an S-rank from a player shop?

I'm lost - what is it exactly you want them to do? Are premium users just supposed to be able to take from the recycle shop without putting anything into it? Is that what you're proposing?

It's widely known that it requires the premium set.

What exactly are you referring to when you say grind to get materials to exchange? Are you directly referencing the ability to trade S-ranks for a pass to buy an S-rank from a player shop?
Yeah, or getting the money to buy a rappy suit/AC items to get a color change ticket. I don't know what else you can get out of the recycle shop; those were specifically the things I didn't find out about until yesterday.
I'm lost - what is it exactly you want them to do? Are premium users just supposed to be able to take from the recycle shop without putting anything into it? Is that what you're proposing?
Yes? I don't see why this is such an issue. Premium users don't need to buy a pass to trade items with other players or use team storage; I don't see why they need to go through extra hoops to be able to color change or trade 10* items.

...you are complaining about a rappy suit and a color change ticket? Something that has absolutely no impact on the actual game play?

As far as the S-rank pass, how else do they convince people to get a premium set? Got me to get one. I won't renew for a few months, but Sega finally convinced me.

Yes? I don't see why this is such an issue. Premium users don't need to buy a pass to trade items with other players or use team storage; I don't see why they need to go through extra hoops to be able to color change or trade 10* items.

No one can trade 10* items; they can only be sold (and this is only a recent addition, they were previously account-bound no matter what) and in order to buy one you have to give one of yours up or everyone would just cover themselves in 10* equipment without having actually earned any of it. That's simple game balance.

Color change passes are an older addition, and it simply increases the value of the AC scratch prizes as a whole; the secondary market for AC prizes is a lot healthier than it was before the color change passes were introduced since every prize now has a secondary purpose. Simple economics.

Yeah, or getting the money to buy a rappy suit/AC items to get a color change ticket. I don't know what else you can get out of the recycle shop; those were specifically the things I didn't find out about until yesterday.

Well, you don't need to be premium to do the recolor trade. Not either Units and Weps into grinders or Photon Spheres.

Yeah, the ONLY thing in the recycle shop that requires premium is getting 10star trading passes. Everything else (like rappy mag devices, costume recolor tickets and turning 10stars into various things) just requires X amount of AC clothes, which you can just buy from the player shops.

...you are complaining about a rappy suit and a color change ticket? Something that has absolutely no impact on the actual game play?

As far as the S-rank pass, how else do they convince people to get a premium set? Got me to get one. I won't renew for a few months, but Sega finally convinced me.

No one can trade 10* items; they can only be sold (and this is only a recent addition, they were previously account-bound no matter what) and in order to buy one you have to give one of yours up or everyone would just cover themselves in 10* equipment without having actually earned any of it. That's simple game balance.

Color change passes are an older addition, and it simply increases the value of the AC scratch prizes as a whole; the secondary market for AC prizes is a lot healthier than it was before the color change passes were introduced since every prize now has a secondary purpose. Simple economics.
Not once have I ever said it has any effect in gameplay, merely that it's stupid they don't mention the premium requirement outside of the tooltip I just saw yesterday. The fact that color change tickets help the secondary economy, or that the S-Rank ticket helps balance the demand for 10* items (which has little bearing on whether somebody "deserves" to wear it, on a side note) has nothing to do with the requirement. There are ways to incentivize player retention without putting in a simultaneous paywall and grindwall.

Edit: wait hold on the recolor ticket doesn't require premium? What the hell did I read in the tooltip yesterday then...

How do you expect a gain all in Japanese, to notify you of specific requirements in something such as the recycle shop?

Keep in mind that most of those "tips" were only recently translated

Come to think of it they I don't think they actually mark anything that requires premium, instead popping up a message that goes SORRY BRO CAN'T DO THAT YOU NEED A PREMIUM SUB when you attempt to access the feature.

Most things that requires AC are marked by the Red A triangle symbol. There are a few things that don't mark it because they are premium only features, so instead they just tell you that you need premium when you try to access it. Also I can assure you that recolor tickets aren't a premium only exchange. I don't use the english patch so I couldn't tell you what that tool tip is, but the only recycle item that needs premium are those 10star trading passes.

I hooked my Dreamcast and managed to load my Phantasy Star Online v2 japanese copy. Around 550 hours, level 13x and a Psycho Wand on my inventory. Maybe is not my most up to date filesave, and it was from 2008.

I barely remember anything, but cleared forest. So sad thinking about the last time I logged off and game kept there waiting forever.

Mik2121

Got two questions...

1. I'm installing the PC client right now, but I usually play on my Vita. Is it safe to keep changing from one device to the other? When on the Vita I always logout from the menu and then wait a bit... would that be enough to then safely go to the PC versions?

2. How do we know what we need for the Client Orders? I just did the mag license order and I only knew I had to kill some folganfs, but I didn't know what to do exactly until I searched online and notice I had to get a certain item they drop... but there was absolutely no info (that I could find) on the order itself.

Killthee

Got two questions...

1. I'm installing the PC client right now, but I usually play on my Vita. Is it safe to keep changing from one device to the other? When on the Vita I always logout from the menu and then wait a bit... would that be enough to then safely go to the PC versions?

2. How do we know what we need for the Client Orders? I just did the mag license order and I only knew I had to kill some folganfs, but I didn't know what to do exactly until I searched online and notice I had to get a certain item they drop... but there was absolutely no info (that I could find) on the order itself.
1. No penalty for switching between both versions.

2. There's a menu for your current client orders that will list the objective in Japanese and any items you might need to complete it. The PC translation patch will translate them for you. If you still need help, Cirnopedia has a list of client orders and what you need to complete them. http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/orders_client.php

Mik2121

1. No penalty for switching between both versions.

2. PC translation patch covers most client orders. If you still need help, Cirnopedia has a list of client orders and what you need to complete them. http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/orders_client.php

Uhm... it's not the fact that I cannot read Japanese (I can), it's that I seriously didn't see it.. and even if she said it once during the conversation (which is when I read the whole killing the folganfs thing), there definitely wasn't any info afterwards :S

Unless for some reason the info is only missing on the Vita version, or it shows somewhere else that I don't know (I was looking at the info from the Client Orders menu)

Edit: Thanks for the link nevertheless, and thanks for replying! :p

Killthee

Uhm... it's not the fact that I cannot read Japanese (I can), it's that I seriously didn't see it.. and even if she said it once during the conversation (which is when I read the whole killing the folganfs thing), there definitely wasn't any info afterwards :S

Unless for some reason the info is only missing on the Vita version, or it shows somewhere else that I don't know (I was looking at the info from the Client Orders menu)

Edit: Thanks for the link nevertheless, and thanks for replying! :p
Weird, in the PC version you can bring up the objectives by viewing the Client Order menu (クエスト Quest -> クライアントオーダー Client Order).

Mik2121

Weird, in the PC version you can bring up the objectives by viewing the Client Order menu (クエスト Quest -> クライアントオーダー Client Order).

Yeah... that's definitely not what shows up on the Vita version.

The whole 「目標」par is missing, which is where it says what you need to obtain or do.
I will take a screenshot now to show it, though I will need to do a new client order, so hold on...

Edit: Oh wow... never mind. Found it. It actually shows, I just didn't notice it lol! (it's the first thing showing up above the exp and meseta you get by completing it. I have only done 3 client orders and the others didn't ask me to collect stuff)

Is there any way to actually "win" against the Code Rescue vortex thing?

No? The whole point of the code rescue is for someone to get abducted and then for you to go rescue them. The vortex will keep chasing people at random until it finally grabs someone so there isn't any use in avoiding it.

Cmagus

Santa outfit GET!

is26Ks0nHbXaC.jpg

I think I am gonna subscribe tomorrow I would like the extra stuff and the Rappy suit. Plus I need a room to put my race car bed items.

kiryogi

Banned
Santa outfit GET!

is26Ks0nHbXaC.jpg

I think I am gonna subscribe tomorrow I would like the extra stuff and the Rappy suit. Plus I need a room to put my race car bed items.

You went for the green santa outfit... one of the cheapest XD I've been eyeing it too but my hair is green already . . . Also how do you plan to get a Rappy Suit outside of buying it? Is there another campaign going on? That said you don't need premium to buy a Rappy suit. Just save lots of meseta.
Happy 25th Anniversary Phantasy Star.

Soma

I've noticed most of the green variations of outfits seem to the cheapest in the player shops.

What do people have against green? :(

kiryogi

Banned
God I cant do a japanese captcha to save my life

post a pic and we can help.

I've noticed most of the green variations of outfits seem to the cheapest in the player shops.

What do people have against green? :(

Any of the off colors: Green, Orange, Pink will always go for the lowest. While Whites/Blacks will go for the highest. Why? It's pure fashion sense, Black/White tends to go with most things. While those odd ball colors make you stick out like no other unless you have the right build/complexion. IE StarCreator's Mikan can pull off orange no problem.

Cmagus

Well I went with the green one because it was the cheapest but I have enough meseta to buy the blue one. I personally like the green one and wasn't willing to spend 700k on the red or black.

Also if I subscribe can you not buy a colour ticket and change that? As for the Rappy suit once I can start selling stuff 1 mill Isn't gonna be that hard. The rate that we are farming meseta now is also pretty big. Roughly 3-5k a run right now.

Well I went with the green one because it was the cheapest but I have enough meseta to buy the blue one. I personally like the green one and wasn't willing to spend 700k on the red or black.

Also if I subscribe can you not buy a colour ticket and change that? As for the Rappy suit once I can start selling stuff 1 mill Isn't gonna be that hard. The rate that we are farming meseta now is also pretty big. Roughly 3-5k a run right now.

Santa outfit, like anything with the color as part of its name, can't be color changed.

Did you look at the pink one?

Were you able to patch yet? I've got the entire data directory in a 11.8 GB RAR if you need it.

... oops, probably should have edited my previous post instead of making a new one...

Cmagus

Santa outfit, like anything with the color as part of its name, can't be color changed.

Did you look at the pink one?

Ah well I like the green and I am not concerned since it is the JP version if it was the US I'd go all out. I have a question though I did the webmoney thing and set it all up but fee wise do I want the 1000 ac?

kiryogi

Banned
Ah well I like the green and I am not concerned since it is the JP version if it was the US I'd go all out. I have a question though I did the webmoney thing and set it all up but fee wise do I want the 1000 ac?

1300 for 30 days of premium. You may also want to think about Perma expansion for your on hand inventory to 100 also . Which is 1600

Nope, it just doesn't move. Re-installed it 8 times already, no good.

As I've said, you're probably not going to see movement considering it's downloading upwards of 10GB of data. As long as it doesn't error out, it's doing something. Anyway, I'm uploading that RAR file if you want to just apply the newest files manually. Should be ready to download in 2-3 hours.

As I've said, you're probably not going to see movement considering it's downloading upwards of 10GB of data. As long as it doesn't error out, it's doing something. Anyway, I'm uploading that RAR file if you want to just apply the newest files manually. Should be ready to download in 2-3 hours.

It always errors out, as soon as it starts, though.

Thank you, kind soul! :) I'll be expecting it!

Top Bottom