• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

kiryogi

Banned
Dark falz message comes on my phone at work right before lunch... Rushed out to my car and used phone hotspot on my vita to get my runs in. PC and vita cross play so good.

As I've said, you're probably not going to see movement considering it's downloading upwards of 10GB of data. As long as it doesn't error out, it's doing something. Anyway, I'm uploading that RAR file if you want to just apply the newest files manually. Should be ready to download in 2-3 hours.

I appreciate the thunderous effort... but the same thing happens even after using your files. It boots up, the 3 bars appear, the first one loads a bit, it stops, error message and then it just sits there. What the fuck... =(

DJIzana

Hmmm... is there a boxer's outfit? I know boxing gloves are in the game as a form of knuckles but would we sweet to have the full deal going on. :D

I appreciate the thunderous effort... but the same thing happens even after using your files. It boots up, the 3 bars appear, the first one loads a bit, it stops, error message and then it just sits there. What the fuck... =(

Try the permissions fixes listed here? http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-4172013/

Hmmm... is there a boxer's outfit? I know boxing gloves are in the game as a form of knuckles but would we sweet to have the full deal going on. :D

I guess you could get reasonably close to that look with the swimwear.

I checked Campaing reward receipt at visiphone and found two rewards:

pso20130421_164511_00z9swp.jpg

What are those and why there aren't at collection storage?
I hate to carry on rewards since I always am 200/200 on storage.

4x50% exp and 2x50% rare boost.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I checked Campaing reward receipt at visiphone and found two rewards:

pso20130421_164511_00z9swp.jpg

What are those and why there aren't at collection storage?
I hate to carry on rewards since I always am 200/200 on storage.

4x50% exp and 2x50% rare boost.
Level up campaign rewards.

Blueblur1

Dark falz message comes on my phone at work right before lunch... Rushed out to my car and used phone hotspot on my vita to get my runs in. PC and vita cross play so good.

Wow, you are an addict. Lol

Hmm, maybe I should buy the Vita version though. I do have wifi at work now...

kiryogi

Banned
Wow, you are an addict. Lol

Hmm, maybe I should buy the Vita version though. I do have wifi at work now...

I think the cross play is super neat. Honestly it sets a pretty awesome precedent. Like how PSO was the first console online RPG. Now it's the first online RPG to offer full fledged cross play in a portable format alongside with its main edition. It's seriously awesome being able to work on my progress anywhere. (Internet provided) but yeah Blueblur, I activated tethering on my phone just for PSO2.

Cmagus

Big Vardha is driving me insane lol. Keep getting so close to beating him but it is so tough. Granted I am only level 28 and he is 39 but my character is doing pretty good against it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Big Vardha is driving me insane lol. Keep getting so close to beating him but it is so tough. Granted I am only level 28 and he is 39 but my character is doing pretty good against it.
Fastest way to beat him - break the cannons on both sides, rockets on the back and 2 rockets on top. You should be good to go with nothing aside from Vardha canon being able to kill you.

After almost 2 years of patiently waiting, I've finally had it with Segac of America. Japanese PSO2 here I come!

Thanks for the link, without asking you solved my problem, I tried playing pso2 some months ago but with no luck, the old updater never worked, with this version now I can update the game and log in.

Glad I could (indirectly) help!

Make sure that 1) you guys read the friend invite stuff in the OP -before- you make your first character, since you also benefit from using it and can't do it afterward, 2) share your player names here so we can get at you in game :3

Cmagus

Alright downed Big Vardha finally solo. Seems like the requirements on Bumped.org have changed for unlocking new content. It says that Big Vardha mission needs to be beaten on hard and S ranked but I only A ranked it and was able to unlock the next area. It just seems like such a weird requirement when the next area is a much lower level.

Reknoc

Progress feels good, managed to finish up tunnels and unlock free f.continent. Have to admit, I wasn't too hot on most of the bosses so far, but Big Vardha and Quartz Dragon are pretty rad.

Alright downed Big Vardha finally solo. Seems like the requirements on Bumped.org have changed for unlocking new content. It says that Big Vardha mission needs to be beaten on hard and S ranked but I only A ranked it and was able to unlock the next area. It just seems like such a weird requirement when the next area is a much lower level.

They changed all of Koffie's orders a few patches ago to make them way easier and also give out decent amounts of EXP. I guess nobody bothered to correct it at bumped.

In general they've made getting to level 40 easier. Getting to level 60 on the other hand...

Well, with MP's at Sanctum and stocking CO's, leveling to 60 is bread and butter. There are much worse level gaps.

I just did around 300k with just a 50% boost in half on an hour and some minor CO's.

I used all my +50% Exp boosts this weekend on Dark Falz.

Randomly got a decent drop in the one run I did Saturday. Caves EQ, from the wurm (catardran?) dropped me the 9* rifle that's traded in to the spell stone shop.

Gave it to my brother for 100k. He was pissed that he tried farming that for 50+ runs.

Cmagus

Sorry but I need a little help. So I purchased my webmoney and I am following the guide on bumped but when I get into my sega account and follow the instructions it is asking for an address and stuff. The guide says click the left to skip it but that isn't an option. Anyone know exactly how I can get past this and pay for this?

kiryogi

Banned
Sorry but I need a little help. So I purchased my webmoney and I am following the guide on bumped but when I get into my sega account and follow the instructions it is asking for an address and stuff. The guide says click the left to skip it but that isn't an option. Anyone know exactly how I can get past this and pay for this?

Eight if you can wait until I get home in 2 or so hours I can help guide you on the Red Dot mumble.

Need some help, like only a fourth of the text seems to come out in English but everything else is in Japanese and I have a major headache trying to figure out why. I already deleted and extracted all the files from the most recent update for the English patch and restarted the game several times and still so much of it's still in Japanese that I'm horribly confused.

Cmagus

Need some help, like only a fourth of the text seems to come out in English but everything else is in Japanese and I have a major headache trying to figure out why. I already deleted and extracted all the files from the most recent update for the English patch and restarted the game several times and still so much of it's still in Japanese that I'm horribly confused.

Not every text is translated in the patch. It is mostly just the menus and some quest descriptions. Is there a specific problem you have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightly screenshot time I think. The premium is pretty sweet. I already made just a little over 100k tonight but spent 40k shamelessly on a song for my room but it was worth it. Unlocked Gunner tonight as well and got my weapon +10.

Coxy

there's two translation things, there's the small patch and there's the large files, have you used them both?

Not every text is translated in the patch. It is mostly just the menus and some quest descriptions. Is there a specific problem you have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightly screenshot time I think. The premium is pretty sweet. I already made just a little over 100k tonight but spent 40k shamelessly on a song for my room but it was worth it. Unlocked Gunner tonight as well and got my weapon +10.

Mainly the tutorial, a lot of the menus that are supposed to tell you how to attack, use items are such are all in Japanese but a lot of the menus are mainly Japanese too for some reason.

there's two translation things, there's the small patch and there's the large files, have you used them both?

Yea I've used both it seems but maybe I'll check a few more times to see.

kiryogi

Banned

You need to start doing Time Attack, that's where the real money is.

I have now. Still no luck, same thing happens. =/

I'm sorry, but every time you post, I picture you avatar saying it in his mono-tone voice

lol

unfortunate about PSO2 not working

Wasted 3 mill in the past 2 days trying to get my dumb umbrella rod to +10. I'm not sure why I left so hard as these things after the fact.

satori

O goodness this game looks incredibly fun... The thought of playing both on my vita and pc makes me crave it so much lol.

Sigh I was told that there is a very slim chance this would hit the states at least on the vita, according to my buddy... God I hope he is wrong.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As soon as I determine which laptop to buy, I'll be playing this again. As long as it can handle this, D3, and AutoCAD work, I'm set. I should have made a decision by the end of the day and will be playing again by the weekend. Glad the English patches have come as far as they have!

This looks like a fantastic game but I really don't think I can wait till its finally localized. Is it worth jumping into now?

absolutely

the only thing I have a problem with since it's japanese (and not translated) is easily checking the market on a vast array of items in shops to make money)

price checking on single items isn't bad (copy/paste)

that is it

absolutely

the only thing I have a problem with since it's japanese (and not translated) is easily checking the market on a vast array of items in shops to make money)

price checking on single items isn't bad (copy/paste)

that is it

That doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll definitely be jumping on this asap. The combat looks ridiculously fun.

What are these english patches I'm reading about?

That doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll definitely be jumping on this asap. The combat looks ridiculously fun.

What are these english patches I'm reading about?

Should be in the OP. It's one site that updates the link when the game updates (once a week)

I only mention that item annoyance because I did very well making money in PSU in the shops. Much harder/time consuming to do the same in this game with the language barrier.

They have pretty much translated everything that is stored on your specific machine. Unfortunately, items are stored server side so they'll never be translated.

What's the most efficient way to level up secondary classes? Koffee orders were good for getting my Force to Lv40 but now that those are gone my other classes are stuck at the low 20s with no real easy way to give them EXP.

Should be in the OP. It's one site that updates the link when the game updates (once a week)

I only mention that item annoyance because I did very well making money in PSU in the shops. Much harder/time consuming to do the same in this game with the language barrier.

They have pretty much translated everything that is stored on your specific machine. Unfortunately, items are stored server side so they'll never be translated.

Thanks! I was on the fence but heck this looks like too much fun to pass up. I'll check the OP now :)

What's the most efficient way to level up secondary classes? Koffee orders were good for getting my Force to Lv40 but now that those are gone my other classes are stuck at the low 20s with no real easy way to give them EXP.

I just do it the old fashioned way by switching and grinding MPAs. I also try to make Dark Falz count with EXP boosting items.

I really don't mess with Koffie too much anymore. Really can't be bothered. I do try to pick client orders that relate to the Ruins MPA runs though, as you can bank 99 of them before you turn them in.

I'm waiting for 52 (2 levels) so I can get good experience from Sanctum and from AQs. Unfortunately, I think i'll be switching to Hunter, then Fighter if my Umbra Rod would ever +10.

Just keep leveling your primary class while accepting, completing, and turning in various client orders for your secondary class. Then once your secondary class is a high enough level (40+) you can just do MPAs and the like with them.

Since your Force is your main class you could easily just get an all class rod like the umbra stick, clad rod, pumpkin rod, or microphone and sub Force for whatever other class you're playing. That way you'll basically playing Force while leveling a different class.

Since your Force is your main class you could easily just get an all class rod like the umbra stick, clad rod, pumpkin rod, or microphone and sub Force for whatever other class you're playing. That way you'll basically playing Force while leveling a different class.

This is what I'm trying to do but that F'in rod won't grind!!!

This is what I'm trying to do but that F'in rod won't grind!!!

Nobody is really going to mind how strong your umbra rod is as long as you're contributing to battle in MPAs. People only really get mad at you if you're being a jerk walking around with an Axeon while doing piddling amounts of damage.

Don't feel bad. My Umbra rod is only +7! But thats more because I don't really care too much since it's not a weapon I'm using for anything serious. And I need to save money to buy ALL THE ACCESSORIES, COSTUMES, AND LOBBY ACTIONS!

Top Bottom