• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Nobody is really going to mind how strong your umbra rod is as long as you're contributing to battle in MPAs. People only really get mad at you if you're being a jerk walking around with an Axeon while doing piddling amounts of damage.

Don't feel bad. My Umbra rod is only +7! But thats more because I don't really care too much since it's not a weapon I'm using for anything serious. And I need to save money to buy ALL THE ACCESSORIES, COSTUMES, AND LOBBY ACTIONS!

I don't waste a dime on those :/

It's hard going from a Seitenweist at +40 to an Umbra rod at +4.

I'm going to keep throwing money at it until it clicks. I'm only 50/50 right now so hopefully by the time I reach 55/55 it will be done

With tonight's update; you can start making 1 million meseta daily off of TACOs. 2 million if you have two characters and so on. So start expecting some more inflation in the economy.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?

are they upping the amount gained from Tacos? To what?

That's amazing tbh

Well every time they add in a new TA they've been adding three corresponding TACOs for that TA. The current amount is somewhere around 800k and they're adding another TA tonight. So yeah, if you have the patience and the people for it you can be making 1 mil a day. Though now it'll be 500k per day if you only do the VH tacos, which is still a pretty good chunk of money.

Well every time they add in a new TA they've been adding three corresponding TACOs for that TA. The current amount is somewhere around 800k and they're adding another TA tonight. So yeah, if you have the patience and the people for it you can be making 1 mil a day. Though now it'll be 500k per day if you only do the VH tacos, which is still a pretty good chunk of money.

oh...

that's not nearly as cool

Espresso

Banned
I haven't touched PSO2 since launch week last summer. After reaching level 20 or so the grind became too much. Has Sega improved the EXP rewards or lowered the requirements to attain the next level?

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm broke. I spent every meseta I earned trying to tek one of my ranger's rifles to 9 stars (it always failed and returned to 7 stars).

I haven't touched PSO2 since launch week last summer. After reaching level 20 or so the grind became too much. Has Sega improved the EXP rewards or lowered the requirements to attain the next level?

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm broke. I spent every meseta I earned trying to tek one of my ranger's rifles to 9 stars (it always failed and returned to 7 stars).

grinding is "easier"

especially if it's under 10*

Reknoc

EXP rewards certainly seem better. Plus level requirements for a lot of stuff have been lowered.

I was in the same boat as you (although I have no tolerance for pain and stuck it out pre-EXP unfuck patch to LV 3x). Supposedly the EXP curves themselves got lowered, but they added in a few somewhat important changes that made worlds of difference for me:
1. Tundra Normal now unlocks as soon as you clear Desert instead of having to wait until LV30
2. Some of Koffie's client orders give you a ridiculous amount of EXP
3. The artificial map/difficulty/level cap unlock COs aren't awful to complete anymore

You can now reach LV40 with minimal grinding in about two weeks of solid play.

So are those kind of meseta gains on the higher difficulties?

Each Time Attack quest has three client orders, one for each difficulty. The normal difficulty ones give around 30k each, hard is around 50k, and very hard gives 100k each. The client orders only require you to get an A rank as well,, meaning you've got a time limit of 30+ minutes for each of the quests. The client orders have a cool down of a day which is why TACOs are best way to make money if you don't have shop. Doing the quests themselves daily also gives a decent amount of experience points.

kiryogi

Banned
So are those kind of meseta gains on the higher difficulties?

Where the real money is if you're dedicated to it! Just run them daily, I mean if you thought earning 3-5k was good. . . or if you're not into that kinda tedium. There's also advance quests, where you could earn millions if you luck out somehow. . . Anyway TACOs are also good to feed towards your secondary class as well.

Meowtor

Gold Member
I'll be jumping in and downloading/creating an account tonight. Any tips for a new player? Also how hard is it to get the english patches working?

kiryogi

Banned
I'll be jumping in and downloading/creating an account tonight. Any tips for a new player? Also how hard is it to get the english patches working?

It's pretty straight forward, but the only issue is that the game updates every 2 weeks and tonight is the next update. So you'll prob have to wait for a new fix.

Read up a bit on skill builds:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010

While the game for the most part has room for error it's advisable to learn what the core skills for each class are and which ones you should avoid at all cost. Certain skills "make" the class, while other skills sound useful but have certain flaws which doom them to undesirability.

Kokonoe

Banned
Few questions

1. Can you transfer items to other characters? (like PSU common box) if so, then how?

2. Is Arcs Cash impossible to buy outside of Japan?

Reknoc

Few questions

1. Can you transfer items to other characters? (like PSU common box) if so, then how?

You can purchase Arks Cash through Webmoney. Dunno about 1 since you're only given a single character slot unless you want to spend AC.

Few questions

Your storage is account/ship based. If both your characters are on the same ship, they share the same storage.

You can't purchase AC directly but you can purchase internet currency like WebMoney. Some needlessly complicated instructions are in the OP; I just purchase a code from SuToCorp or a friend in Japan if he happens to be around then plug it directly into the PSO2 payment site, no WebMoney account needed.

Daante

SEGA better have some BIG news regarding a english version of this game at E3.

I was sooooo close to install and set this up about a week ago, but it ended up with me not doing it cause im lasy with gazillions of tutorials needed just to get a game running =S

Alright, I messed around very little in the beta, but decided to come back with all the nice changes I saw. I really did miss this game. But, more importantly.

Where do I sign up to unlock these TACOs?

Alright, I messed around very little in the beta, but decided to come back with all the nice changes I saw. I really did miss this game. But, more importantly.

Where do I sign up to unlock these TACOs?

You have to run each of the time attacks at least once in order to unlock the client orders (offered by Kuroto, man in red with the fashionable hat and eyewear on the 2nd floor Arks Lobby). From there it's a matter of clearing the client orders for each difficulty in order to unlock next ones, until you have one for each time attack and each difficulty.

Cmagus

Some screens from tonight.

inK3REyNMkGT3.jpg

ibbhR7Kwpgvuu2.jpg

Nothing like spending 400 hrs on your character to realize you just wasted all that time.

Did a 4p very hard time attack today. Lvl 59 Force, 56 Gunner, 51 Force, and a 56 Fighter.

Pretty sad when the Fighter with 8 & 9* weapons does more work than the other 3 people combined :/

Nothing like spending 400 hrs on your character to realize you just wasted all that time.

Did a 4p very hard time attack today. Lvl 59 Force, 56 Gunner, 51 Force, and a 56 Fighter.

Pretty sad when the Fighter with 8 & 9* weapons does more work than the other 3 people combined :/

You're only telling half the story here. What were the subclasses being used? To what extent were the weapons and units upgraded?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Are Gunner's still ezmodo'ing it with Weak Shot?

Hunter is the only class to play since it's active 8D

kiryogi

Banned
o: I want to be a pure maid.

o-o I never noticed. I approve of Risa as your avatar.

I think there's something wrong with that picture. The crew I run with, the FO/RAs are always out damaging so easily.

Soma

yo

wat

So I defeat the boss to end the mission... except no "COMPLETED" pops up and the timer is still running. And now I can't even access the menu via esc and my subpallete disappeared. That's so weird.

There goes my Solo Time Attack run I guess. ._.

Looks like I still got some unlocking other stuff before I get to jump in on the time trial stuff. Just unlocked the Tundra, and did.. maybe one quest in it. Then got distracted working on matter board and other stuff.

But, that feeling when you unlock your subclasses. So nice.

I'm downloading this now, gonna give it a try and see what it's like. I had a mess around with the character creation benchmark thing yesterday, but I accidentally clicked the "All Random" button after half an hour messing about with settings. I was gutted.
Hopefully I'll fare better this time!

Reknoc

Looks like I still got some unlocking other stuff before I get to jump in on the time trial stuff. Just unlocked the Tundra, and did.. maybe one quest in it. Then got distracted working on matter board and other stuff.

But, that feeling when you unlock your subclasses. So nice.

I'm impressed you managed to get enough of the robot dudes before unlocking Tunnels lol

Top Bottom