• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

His 8 and 9* weapons were grinded to 10. He was a Hunter/Fighter. His affixes were nothing special.

It was clear that his DPS was completely related to his build and not from his palette of weapons, as they were absolutely nothing special.

The guy sent me his partner card. If he's on tonight I'll investigate more. I have absolutely no reason to continue playing as FO/TE

I'm downloading this now, gonna give it a try and see what it's like. I had a mess around with the character creation benchmark thing yesterday, but I accidentally clicked the "All Random" button after half an hour messing about with settings. I was gutted.
Hopefully I'll fare better this time!
Ctrl-Z, although it's a bit late for that...

There's a "back" button you can hit that undos changes you made. I did the same to mine, but hit that 3 times and all was right with the universe again.

There's a "back" button you can hit that undos changes you made. I did the same to mine, but hit that 3 times and all was right with the universe again.

Ahaha, I feel like an idiot. I can read most of the stuff that's in katakana fine, but anything that's kanji really screws me over. As an aside, is the english patch that's linked in the OP for everything, including menus and the like?
The game is mid install now, just wondering if it's worth actually getting the patch if it'll greatly help me understand what the hell is going on...

Edit; Ah, it's against the ToS... I guess I'll just soldier on through with it in JP.

Reknoc

I need to consider getting some AC to fix my character. She's all life and no hometown.

Ahaha, I feel like an idiot. I can read most of the stuff that's in katakana fine, but anything that's kanji really screws me over. As an aside, is the english patch that's linked in the OP for everything, including menus and the like?
The game is mid install now, just wondering if it's worth actually getting the patch if it'll greatly help me understand what the hell is going on...

Edit; Ah, it's against the ToS... I guess I'll just soldier on through with it in JP.

Just use the patch, I don't think they're all that bothered by it.

everyone that patches to English is breaking the ToS. We still do it. No one's heard of anyone getting banned because of it.

Everything is patched (id say 90%) except for items. They can't patch those.

I need to consider getting some AC to fix my character. She's all plot and no hometown.

Just use the patch, I don't think they're all that bothered by it.

everyone that patches to English is breaking the ToS. We still do it. No one's heard of anyone getting banned because of it.

Everything is patched (id say 90%) except for items. They can't patch those.

Ah, fair enough :) I'd probably leave the enemy names in Japanese anyways, but it certainly would be nice for the majority of the game to be in English.

Ah, fair enough :) I'd probably leave the enemy names in Japanese anyways, but it certainly would be nice for the majority of the game to be in English.

It depends who you are going to ultimately play the game with. If you play with the Japanese, then that makes sense.

If you wind up playing with English speakers, they won't know wtf you are saying.

It's actually against the TOS to even play on the server outside of Japan.

We are all devious rule breakers.

While I doubt use of the English patch will nail anyone, I don't think it's wise to assume you're immune to the TOS because some violations of it go unpunished.

Heh, fair enough.
My apologies, but I have yet another question! Say I make and level a character on the PC version; can I then use that character if I get this on my Vita too? I know there are limitations serverside to allow the vita to cope, but does that extend to accounts also?

Kokonoe

Banned
no one reads that thing anyways

It's in Japanese so that's our excuse!

Actually if I recall correctly its less a violation to play outside of japan and more of a "we hold no responsibility for you"

This is what their CAST who wrote the TOS says

"Connecting to the game server through the installed software is restricted to domestically located computer terminals. It’s prohibited to directly connect to the server from outside Japan as well as to route a connection from outside the country through domestic computer terminals."

While I doubt use of the English patch will nail anyone, I don't think it's wise to assume you're immune to the TOS because some violations of it go unpunished.

I actually am fully aware I can be banned at any moment, I've had my fair share of MMOs as they are my favorite genre in gaming.

Cmagus

They aren't going to do anything they would be stupid to do so. They have people paying currently outside of Japan and although it may be against the rules they aren't going to turn down the money. They also have alot of people joining up because of the delay of the American version so why start banning and piss people off.

They are just basically covering their ass so that people who switch over to the American release don't complain when the stuff and time they invested in doesn't come over. That plus isn't the whole gacha thing some form of illegal gambling here or something? Just play the game there are enough english people around that if you are concerned you don't have to play with the Japanese.

Heh, fair enough.
My apologies, but I have yet another question! Say I make and level a character on the PC version; can I then use that character if I get this on my Vita too? I know there are limitations serverside to allow the vita to cope, but does that extend to accounts also?

Yes, you can log on to vita and play with your same character that you have on PC.

Yes, you can log on to vita and play with your same character that you have on PC.

Just to add to this: the way it works is that when you sign in for the first time on Vita, you're asked to associate your PSN ID to your SEGA ID. Once associated, the link cannot be broken - that PSN ID will forever log in to that SEGA ID without needing further authentication, and your PSN ID will be visible on your Arks Card.

More detail in the might-be-closed-any-day-now Vita thread.

Kokonoe

Banned
May someone assist me by telling me what all this stuff is? Thanks.

TVadakt.jpg

xu5E4cb.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If there's no news RE: an American release by the time I upgrade my PC this Summer, I'm diving into the JP version. Looks so good.

Is there a reason everyone picks female characters? Seems a bit weird that like 80% of screenshots I see have female mains.

If there's no news RE: an American release by the time I upgrade my PC this Summer, I'm diving into the JP version. Looks so good.

Is there a reason everyone picks female characters? Seems a bit weird that like 80% of screenshots I see have female mains.

That seems to be the case with pretty much every MMO I have ever played. Though admittedly, I very rarely play a male character.

Its mostly that everyone just wants to play dress up and females have way more options than males. The other reason is that Caseal and Newearl are the best at Ranger and Force respectively, but thats not everyone's line of reasoning.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Realistically, how important is it that I go CAST if I main Ranger classes? Back in PSO, it was silly not to...But I don't know if I want to go RAcast again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Realistically, how important is it that I go CAST if I main Ranger classes? Back in PSO, it was silly not to...But I don't know if I want to go RAcast again.
Doesn't really matter which class you choose. The differences are much less relevant then in the previous games from what I've heard. I've played Cast Ranger up to 40, when it was the max level and didn't have any damage problems.

So I'm downloading the patches (I think?). I had to shut my laptop down so I could come to my friends house, and it's had to start the download again? If I sleep my laptop when I go home, will it save the progress? Or should I just hope the download completes within the next 4 hours or so?

This sucks :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Doesn't really matter which class you choose. The differences are much less relevant then in the previous games from what I've heard. I've played Cast Ranger up to 40, when it was the max level and didn't have any damage problems.

Rad, thanks.

Also, holy shit these patches are SLOOOOOW.

Having premium is nice and all, but I don't feel it's something required on a monthly basis. Mine runs out on the 2nd and I probably won't renew for 2-3 months.

Getting into full blocks and trading S-ranks for passes is really the best perks. Shops make you a bit of money and getting extra FUN is nice, but not needed.

Reknoc

Should still have my Vita ver. free month pass for premium but I don't want to use it in fear of letting it go to waste lol

I starting to think they are only good for Zondeel and Dark Falz :/

You mean you aren't keeping you and your party on active Shifta/Deband and using Resta/Anti as needed?

Should still have my Vita ver. free month pass for premium but I don't want to use it in fear of letting it go to waste lol

Do you mean you have redeemed the code but have left the pass in your storage, or that you haven't redeemed the code at all? If the latter, you really should just redeem it (it won't automatically activate premium, it just puts the pass for it in special storage) since those codes expire.

You mean you aren't keeping you and your party on active Shifta/Deband and using Resta/Anti as needed?

If I didn't feel like TE/FO was such a waste, I'd be more inclined to operate like that. I only assume that role during Elder.

Using Resta on people is such a pain in the ass, unless you setup the exit correctly (wipe all enemies and know which way the group with migrate)

I'm definitely not going to chase you down for a heal. Absolutely not.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well if you want to stay premium it pretty much is!

Eh, I suppose my issue is how expensive this is since I'm not based in Japan. No idea what SEGA is thinking, this game should have definitely been out elsewhere by now, but they continue to delay it without any news for over a year and a half later and they block credit cards from other regions which is just silly.

Suppose I'm going to have to look into time attacks or whichever to make gil. I may just play casually until the US release.

Top Bottom