• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Eh, I suppose my issue is how expensive this is since I'm not based in Japan. No idea what SEGA is thinking, this game should have definitely been out elsewhere by now, but they continue to delay it without any news for over a year and a half later and they block credit cards from other regions which is just silly.

Suppose I'm going to have to look into time attacks or whichever to make gil. I may just play casually until the US release.

Gil is from that lesser series we don't speak of...

Japanese servers are always where it's at if you want more content quicker.

When the US finally gets this game, I'm sure I'll play on those servers as well, but I don't I'll quit the Japanese server

Reknoc

You mean you aren't keeping you and your party on active Shifta/Deband and using Resta/Anti as needed?

Do you mean you have redeemed the code but have left the pass in your storage, or that you haven't redeemed the code at all? If the latter, you really should just redeem it (it won't automatically activate premium, it just puts the pass for it in special storage) since those codes expire.

Oh I redeemed the code, the pass is just wasting away in my storage.

Only thing I'm actually using from the Vita version is the Launcer lol.

Well, and the cats as Partners to be obnoxious in multi-party areas.

Oh I redeemed the code, the pass is just wasting away in my storage.

Only thing I'm actually using from the Vita version is the Launcer lol.

Well, and the cats as Partners to be obnoxious in multi-party areas.

Did you use the clothing badges? I think I ended up redeeming four of my badges for some hairstyle that I proceeded to sell for close to a million each, then just bought the outfit I would have turned it in for with plenty of change to spare. Not sure what the values for that stuff is now though.

If I didn't feel like TE/FO was such a waste, I'd be more inclined to operate like that. I only assume that role during Elder.

Using Resta on people is such a pain in the ass, unless you setup the exit correctly (wipe all enemies and know which way the group with migrate)

I'm definitely not going to chase you down for a heal. Absolutely not.

It's really just sounding like you're blaming the class for your own shortcomings at this point, which is unfair to the class. If another class suits your individual style better, go for it, but a class isn't worthless because you can't play it properly.

Reknoc

Did you use the clothing badges? I think I ended up redeeming four of my badges for some hairstyle that I proceeded to sell for close to a million each, then just bought the outfit I would have turned it in for with plenty of change to spare. Not sure what the values for that stuff is now though.

It's really just sounding like you're blaming the class for your own shortcomings at this point, which is unfair to the class. If another class suits your individual style better, go for it, but a class isn't worthless because you can't play it properly.

I didn't know I had any! Guess I'll load it up and have a proper nosy around my storage.

I didn't know I had any! Guess I'll load it up and have a proper nosy around my storage.

Yeah, you should have gotten eight badges, which can be used up at the Recycle shop or one of their neighbors. You trade in four badges for a full outfit, or one badge each for a hairstyle/cast part/etc. If you have MyShop access you should take a look at the value of everything you can trade in and consider selling the most valuable of them then just buying what you want from the shop.

I'm just being lazy about deciding what to do with my remaining four badges.

My feelings were shared by the other 2 people in the party as well.

It's not so much that my class sucks, but when comparing the damage, it does. It's clearly and OP build.

And honestly, force is one of the easiest classes to play in this game. Jump + charge spell. Your dodge gets a shit load of invulnerable frames.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is premium required for player housing? Love me some player housing. and custom costumes.

Urge to upgrade PC rising...

That seems to be the case with pretty much every MMO I have ever played. Though admittedly, I very rarely play a male character.

Its mostly that everyone just wants to play dress up and females have way more options than males. The other reason is that Caseal and Newearl are the best at Ranger and Force respectively, but thats not everyone's line of reasoning.

oh, weird

Techer as a main class is absolutely awful for doing damage and Fo/Te isn't much better under most circumstances. If you really want to be doing a ton of damage and being the kind of force everyone points to as being over powered, you're going to want to ditch Te and level up Fighter for your sub. Fo/Fi is just plain broken. In fact, most classes with Fi as a sub are significantly better and deal more damage than if you were to do the "standard" sub.

bumpkin

If there's no news RE: an American release by the time I upgrade my PC this Summer, I'm diving into the JP version. Looks so good.

Is there a reason everyone picks female characters? Seems a bit weird that like 80% of screenshots I see have female mains.
I just hope that if/when we get an American release, it includes Vita. I want PSO2 in my veins and in the palms of my hands!

Techer as a main class is absolutely awful for doing damage and Fo/Te isn't much better under most circumstances. If you really want to be doing a ton of damage and being the kind of force everyone points to as being over powered, you're going to want to ditch Te and level up Fighter for your sub. Fo/Fi is just plain broken. In fact, most classes with Fi as a sub are significantly better and deal more damage than if you were to do the "standard" sub.

FI/TE seems way more viable, I agree.

The plan was to max an umbra rod and eventually go FO/FI, but I'm leaning towards FI/HU at this point. I don't plan on spending another dime on this umbra rod

FI/TE seems way more viable, I agree.

The plan was to max an umbra rod and eventually go FO/FI, but I'm leaning towards FI/HU at this point. I don't plan on spending another dime on this umbra rod

What? No. Fi/Te is awful because then you're doing nothing. You don't have the pp charge revival and you aren't doing any significant amount of damage with your melee . Te is pretty much the only class in the entire game that you can't mix and match subs with. Te always has to have Fo as its sub or else you'll just be suffering the entire time you're playing. Trust me, I leveled Te to 40 back when subclasses weren't in the game and it was one of the most painfully tedious experiences I've had in this game.

So am I when I look back at it. I didn't even know they were rare when I first got them. I got two code attacks with them right after I picked up the subclass mission. So I was just cruising along. All in that rare ore mission. The last one came much, much, much later, but I was working on matter board stuff in the area so it was matching up.

Cmagus

Took a long time but finally got one.
yiss_zpsec722d22.png

*excuse the crude drawing 0v0*

RIP PSO2 Vita OT, not even deserving of the Community ghetto~

Hasemo, do you want to move the Vita specific info into the OP here? The touch guide the androgyne is working on is of particular interest.

Cmagus

I'm getting a 678 Error when logging in.. anyone seen this before?

From Phantasy star forums

"Okay Problem solved. First you need to log onto Sega Id Site

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=sega

Log in and get pass the Katakana captcha. Then you come to a page of links like diva.net and others. Use google translate to figure out which one is the PSO2 registered service link, click it then i think another page pops up, click agree, then problem.

Use Google translate because it helps some."

Meowtor

Gold Member
From Phantasy star forums

"Okay Problem solved. First you need to log onto Sega Id Site

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=sega

Log in and get pass the Katakana captcha. Then you come to a page of links like diva.net and others. Use google translate to figure out which one is the PSO2 registered service link, click it then i think another page pops up, click agree, then problem.

Use Google translate because it helps some."

TY for the link :)

fuuuuck, anyone around that can help with the captcha?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
RIP PSO2 Vita OT, not even deserving of the Community ghetto~

Hasemo, do you want to move the Vita specific info into the OP here? The touch guide the androgyne is working on is of particular interest.
Yeah, since it's turned out this way I'll add that info to the OP.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
OP edited. Vita specific info and the translation guide from the Vita ot have been added.

Adding any new info would result in having to delete something else - character limit has been reached.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
anyone know how/if you can tri-dash with a controller, or is this just keyboard+mouse specific

i traded my badges for 1.5 mill meseta
Infinite knuckle dash attack->dash is much easier with a gamepad/vita for me, if that's what you mean.

Soma

Sega has acknowledged the problem earlier, but there's no actual fix yet...Keep rolling the dice I guess. Does it do it you only during solo or?

I see. I've only tried solo runs but I'm not in the mood to waste another 25 or so minutes lol

In any case, oh God @ these maid outfits. So tempting!

kiryogi

Banned
How do you unlock Time Attack? Level 30?

Shouldn't be, I don't recall for sure, but it's more so related to what areas you have unlocked in respect to the TA available. I was able to drag friends that were 20ish thru normal TA without them having all the unlocks/whatnot.

I see. I've only tried solo runs but I'm not in the mood to waste another 25 or so minutes lol

In any case, oh God @ these maid outfits. So tempting!

I could help run you through if sometime if you'd like. I'd be powering thru it tho.

And yes maids! and Zelsius XD

And since no one's posted about it yet, I'll proceed to . . . First details on Extreme Quest! Endgamers prepare to be excite! Courtesy of Bumped.org of course.

On May 15tth, PSO2 will introduce new content intended for high level players called “Extreme Quests.” Information provided by ShougaiPSO (a Japanese fansite) as found in Dengeki and Famitsu magazines.

Extreme Quests
Available to players LV50+
You have to use an item called “Extreme Pass” to play the quest.
You can obtain one pass a day for free at the quest counter.

Extreme Quest Setup
As of 5/15, there’s 1 ~ 40 Floors.
Each extreme pass lets you play 1~5 floors.
When you clear the first five floors, you can play the next set of floors. (Floors 6 ~ 10)
You can replay the floors you’ve previously cleared though this will still consume
an Extreme Pass.

Enemy Condition
Each floor applies certain conditions to enemies.
Example conditions include “Increased Strength” and “Increased Resistance: (Lightning Techs)”

Floor Orders
Each floor has set goals called “Floor Orders”
For example: Defeat 10 enemies within 30 seconds / Defeat De Malmoth within 180 seconds / Destroy 24 parts of Big Vardha
When you achieve this goal, you receive “bonuses” (details below)

Extreme Quest Rewards
There are several rewards including new 11 star weapons.
The quest has separate drop tables and drop items
You can acquire brand new 11 star weapons here.
Items you pick up are temporarily stored to a “rewards list”
You can choose the items you wish to keep from the “rewards list,” once the quest is cleared. However, the items you can choose from is based on the score you received.
For example, if you achieved a bad score, it could allow you to take only one “type” of item.
You could take “99 grinders” as one “type” of item.
Clearing floor orders increases the the number of items you can take back with you.

Reknoc

I can say for certain you don't have to be level 30 at least since I'm still hovering around the late 20s and have 2 time attacks unlocked.

Infinite knuckle dash attack->dash is much easier with a gamepad/vita for me, if that's what you mean.

unfortunately, i can't use knuckles yet, but the best dash involves the triple dash I speak of, with some dagger PA I can't remember.

Anyway, the tri-dash involves a dash ->jump cancel -> dash -> forward on palette -> dash again

Changing your weapon cancels the dash and readies your dash again. On a keyboard, it would be like using the numpad to instantly change weapons. The problem with the controller is that it brings up that menu that requires more inputs to pick another weapon. It won't work that way.

Top Bottom