• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

I keep trying to register, I have the chrome extension and everything. Bt no matter how many different captcha's I try a box pops up that says undefined when i try to finish registering :/...

Anyone who is willing to help me get registered would be greatly appreciated.

Just some notes. We are close to get one extra percentage point in rare drop rate boost from our tree. Keep doing Team orders, people.

Remember how FUN points work:

If someone give you a Good Job, you get 2 FUN points. Try to give your daily Good Jobs to active players.

If someone use your partner character, you get 5 FUN points. Remember to update it with your current level and gear at Visiphone. They will be useless anyway, but more appealing :p

Just some notes. We are close to get one extra percentage point in rare drop rate boost from our tree. Keep doing Team orders, people.

Remember how FUN points work:

If someone give you a Good Job, you get 2 FUN points. Try to give your daily Good Jobs to active players.

If someone use your partner character, you get 5 FUN points. Remember to update it with your current level and gear at Visiphone. They will be useless anyway, but more appealing :p

It's not true, your character provides the best distraction of all, and by that I mean yours takes all the damage for me :D
I kidd you not, every other character live while yours just keeps dying

Just a note that i've updated my Vita menu translations, hopefully people are finding it as useful as I am!

I recently added:
  • Class Counter
  • Item Shop
  • Chat Screen
  • Visiphone > Arks Search > Player Search
  • Start Button/Main Menu > Community > Friend List On/Offline
  • Start Button/Main Menu > Community > Party Command
  • Start Button/Main Menu > My Data > Character Info
  • Start Button/Main Menu > Quest > Quest Info

Check out the updates here. Keep in mind my game is in progress so some screens may not match exactly to your own.

Wondering if anyone can help me with something though, i'm supposed to be on the Neogaf Team (dr apocalipsis put me on a week or so ago), but going to Team Command recently it wasn't giving me any details and saying i couldn't move to the team, wasn't sure if that was cause team leader or no members were online, or if i'd been taken off the team somehow
Also, does the game have a list of members in Team Neogaf? Cause i can't find it if it does!

Out of curiosity, did people complain about the difficulty of TA quests? The drop in complexity from the Lillipa TA to the Amduscia/Nab 2 ones is staggeringly disappointing.

Kokonoe

Banned
Out of curiosity, did people complain about the difficulty of TA quests? The drop in complexity from the Lillipa TA to the Amduscia/Nab 2 ones is staggeringly disappointing.

So TA is easy? I unlocked Tundra yesterday and would be playing now but power outages in the area.

So is it normal to get attacked by so many bosses during Free Exploration? I was in the forest for a few hours yesterday and got attacked by tons of Rockbears, some right after another, Granfang or something like that, Chrome Dragon and even that really rare and huge Darker enemy.

And which area is the best for free exploration? The caves suck.

So TA is easy? I unlocked Tundra yesterday and would be playing now but power outages in the area.

TA Naberius seems fairly straightforward on the surface but has a few neat shortcuts that make things go much faster.
TA Lillipa is non-linear and confusing as fuck and will probably blow your mind when you learn about all the shortcuts that exist.

The ones that were released afterwards, Amduscia/Naberius 2/Amduscia 2, are completely linear and emphasize being able to split up work amoung party members rather than learning all the quirks about each stage. It really sucks since TA was shaping up to be a worthy successor to C-Mode...

Cmagus

Didn't see this in the op but here is a good skill simulator

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php

Bought some AC tonight decided to pull some tickets I got this outfit which I really like and some other cast parts :(

ifvUtNzzt7dhA.png

ibg25vbLtEI4nc.png

Does this happen to anyone else? I had most of the level cap done and then I check and everything reset to 0 so I have to do it all over again...=(

Does this happen to anyone else? I had most of the level cap done and then I check and everything reset to 0 so I have to do it all over again...=(

Did you sell all the items you were collecting for it before turning them in? That's the only way that can happen if it's a collect CO... if it's a kill CO that doesn't happen unless you had cancelled and restarted the CO somehow.

Did you sell all the items you were collecting for it before turning them in? That's the only way that can happen if it's a collect CO... if it's a kill CO that doesn't happen unless you had cancelled and restarted the CO somehow.

I figured it out, I guess if I put them in storage, that can reset the count...weird it does that. Thankfully I didn't sell anything.

Thanks for your help though!

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow. Remind me to never do scratch cards again, what a waste of money.

Is there a way to buy outfits with Arks cash outside of gambling?

Kokonoe

Banned
Yup.

Hope for a 3 day my shop pass from FUN scratches and sell all the worthless shit you got.

I actually bought the premium finally and have been selling stuff, I got annoyed since I lost 900 Arks cash testing the waters of it, I didn't figure the RNG would be this bad. Usually cash shop MMOs since that law in south korea have options where you can pay for certainty, but this being placed in Japan goes back to the primitive gambling cash shop. I really already am paying much more than I would on a pay to play MMO, but lesson learned, stay away from Arks cash costumes.

It even seems the makeover shop only lasts 60 minutes which is straight up milking. I also don't like how they don't even let you use your save and load sets in the makeover shop to begin with. 500 arks cash for makeover for 60 minutes? That should be in the premium to begin with.

I love this game but the cash shop is killing it for me.

I actually bought the premium finally and have been selling stuff, I got annoyed since I lost 900 Arks cash testing the waters of it, I didn't figure the RNG would be this bad. Usually cash shop MMOs since that law in south korea have options where you can pay for certainty, but this being placed in Japan goes back to the primitive gambling cash shop. I really already am paying much more than I would on a pay to play MMO, but lesson learned, stay away from Arks cash costumes.

It even seems the makeover shop only lasts 60 minutes which is straight up milking. I also don't like how they don't even let you use your save and load sets in the makeover shop to begin with. 500 arks cash for makeover for 60 minutes? That should be in the premium to begin with.

I love this game but the cash shop is killing it for me.

You didn't even spend as much as I paid for this lunch sitting in front of me and you're already complaining about pricing? And even then, you should be able to resell what you pulled for a profit (though I don't know how you spent 900 AC when each scratch is 200).

The only time I used the makeover shop there was no time component, you paid as soon as you made your changes and if you weren't happy with it, tough. The hour pass is a big improvement.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Most of the clothes can be bought at reasonable prices and with so many TAs around I can't see why someone would spend real money on that lottery tbh.

500, 200, 200 I imagine.

Oh right, gold scratch. Totally not worth it. If I scratch, I get ticket packs from the AC shop rather than paying a la carte.

But yeah, my color scheme goes for dirt cheap secondhand so my AC always goes towards premium or rental storage.

Kokonoe

Banned
You didn't even spend as much as I paid for this lunch sitting in front of me and you're already complaining about pricing? And even then, you should be able to resell what you pulled for a profit (though I don't know how you spent 900 AC when each scratch is 200).

The only time I used the makeover shop there was no time component, you paid as soon as you made your changes and if you weren't happy with it, tough. The hour pass is a big improvement.

Yep, and I don't really care what you spent, all I'm saying is there should be options where you can pay for more for certainty instead of paying random number generators.

And a hour is unacceptable. PSO1? all it requires is a small amount of Meseta. PSU? same as PSO1, requires a small amount of meseta AND those were pay to play MMOs.

5 dollars for 60 minutes is bull, especially since you cannot even change your hair color without it. Actually to be honest, if they just offered with the premium what was what you usually get in PSU for paying the monthly fee, such as using the makeover shop, then there wouldn't be any real issue.

Yep, and I don't really care what you spent, all I'm saying is there should be options where you can pay for more for certainty instead of paying random number generators.

I'm not saying there's no room for improvement, but expecting immediate results from a maximum of three scratches is beyond unreasonable. 8-10 pulls of normal scratch only will usually either get you what you want or get you items of enough value that you could resell and use the profits to buy what you wanted secondhand. (Don't waste your time with gold scratch - accessories and lobby actions are generally more valuable than costumes so you're paying more per scratch for a smaller, less valuable prize pool.)

And a hour is unacceptable. PSO1? all it requires is a small amount of Meseta. PSU? same as PSO1, requires a small amount of meseta AND those were pay to play MMOs.

5 dollars for 60 minutes is bull, especially since you cannot even change your hair color without it. Actually to be honest, if they just offered with the premium what was what you usually get in PSU for paying the monthly fee, such as using the makeover shop, then there wouldn't be any real issue.

Are we even playing the same games? This is my experience so far:

PSOBB: Dressing Room required you to be on a team with the feature unlocked, and only allowed you to change clothes/hairstyles.
PSU: No makeover shop at all at launch. When added, I'm told it cost half a million meseta to use.

I've used the paid features of PSO2's makeover shop only once (to reduce my alt's height by 3 centimeters); I would have been happy to have the hour grace period to try out different heights but I'm happy with the result and I honestly don't see a need to use it again.

Cmagus

I don't mind paying for some stuff personally. The scratch tickets are a gamble which alot of people don't like and I know they will most likely change that for the US release. I get some once and while and honestly the stuff you get sells well anyways.Granted this is really one of the only games I play save for a handheld here and there so spending a little ever so often is fine with me.

I decided to jump in and picked up a Vita today so now I gotta import a copy of PSO2 and get an 8gb card.

kiryogi

Banned
I don't mind paying for some stuff personally. The scratch tickets are a gamble which alot of people don't like and I know they will most likely change that for the US release. I get some once and while and honestly the stuff you get sells well anyways.Granted this is really one of the only games I play save for a handheld here and there so spending a little ever so often is fine with me.

I decided to jump in and picked up a Vita today so now I gotta import a copy of PSO2 and get an 8gb card.

You could just download it and use a JP PSN account. Unless you want the goodies on the premium

Trying to figure out how to consolidate my storage. I tend to hoard common drops with the following types of affixes:
X-ATK III+
Mutation
Ability
Souls that buff T-ATK

Should I be dumping/combining any of these? How should I go about doing so for the greatest success?

Wonko_C

Speaking of the Vita game card: If I purchase it will I be able to link my US account to my Sega ID, even if it's already linked with my Japanese PSN account?

Speaking of the Vita game card: If I purchase it will I be able to link my US account to my Sega ID, even if it's already linked with my Japanese PSN account?

I've been meaning to test this but I'm thinking no; your PSN ID showing up on your Arks Card is a pretty good sign it's a 1:1 relationship, and there's no way to break it once established.

Would I still be able to use my character?

Yes, though see above caveat. Locking your SEGA ID to a non-JP PSN could potentially lock you out of Vita-specific DLC if it is ever offered.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Don't know if everyone heard, but there's no maintenance today, because of Golden Week in Japan.

Midou

I put some levels into my Fighter before with COs my Hunter did (the Koffie ones) but now I finally actually tried out the class for myself.

The knuckles are so godly in photon arts move sets. I don't care if some of them are impractical or hard to cancel out of, it is like I am playing Dudley inside of an action RPG, and it is amazing.

Wonko_C

I put some levels into my Fighter before with COs my Hunter did (the Koffie ones) but now I finally actually tried out the class for myself.

The knuckles are so godly in photon arts move sets. I don't care if some of them are impractical or hard to cancel out of, it is like I am playing Dudley inside of an action RPG, and it is amazing.

It is, and with Knuckles Gear it's such a rush when your punches become faster and faster with each hit. Daggers are cool too, you can stay in the air forever if you combine well your PAs with normal strikes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, finally updated and ready to play!

Turns out my character still existed, but I'm going to re-roll a RAmarl. Can't wait until after work to trudge through that character creator!

OK, finally updated and ready to play!

Turns out my character still existed, but I'm going to re-roll a RAmarl. Can't wait until after work to trudge through that character creator!

Let me know what your player name is (it'll be the same as it was in beta, you can't change it) - mine's simply "StarCreator"!

kiryogi

Banned
Trying to figure out how to consolidate my storage. I tend to hoard common drops with the following types of affixes:
X-ATK III+
Mutation
Ability
Souls that buff T-ATK

Should I be dumping/combining any of these? How should I go about doing so for the greatest success?

Lots and lots of money. Meseta sink XD

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK - anyone got any tips on controller setups? I'm using an XBOX 360 controller. So far, I'm level 2 and feel good and weak! My name is Nicoga and my character on ship 2.

Top Bottom