• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
OK - anyone got any tips on controller setups? I'm using an XBOX 360 controller. So far, I'm level 2 and feel good and weak! My name is Nicoga and my character on ship 2.
The default one is ok, at least for me.

Blueblur1

OK - anyone got any tips on controller setups? I'm using an XBOX 360 controller. So far, I'm level 2 and feel good and weak! My name is Nicoga and my character on ship 2.

I think I use the default one except I change the Back button to bring up the full map.

Also, for the over the shoulder camera angle (TPS controls), I swapped the X and Y buttons with the L and R triggers. That way I can attack without awkwardly reaching for face buttons just like with shooters.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well I got to 30 today (nearly 31) and I've been messing around with Fighter. Seems pretty fun, although I miss my wired lances. So is Fighter pretty much the replacement for Hunter? or is it just another flavor?

Also: Does Great Sword get any decent photon arts? All the ones I've used so far seem pretty lousy, and to be honest, the other weapons on Hunter are almost nothing compared to the Wired Lances in DPS unless there is some mistake I'm doing.

Well I got to 30 today (nearly 31) and I've been messing around with Fighter. Seems pretty fun, although I miss my wired lances. So is Fighter pretty much the replacement for Hunter? or is it just another flavor?

Also: Does Great Sword get any decent photon arts? All the ones I've used so far seem pretty lousy, and to be honest, the other weapons on Hunter are almost nothing compared to the Wired Lances in DPS unless there is some mistake I'm doing.

The alternate classes are just alternates, they're not really balanced to be any stronger than the standard classes. They work well supporting each other as a subclass though.

A teammate just managed to hit 99,999 damage on the last hit of Over End on a Falz Arm during the emergency earlier tonight, simultaneously hitting a new record and confirming damage is capped to 5 digits per hit. Fun times.

kiryogi

Banned

See Overend

So sad my record is 74k with OE D: XD

My style for Hunter/Fighter is Partisan as main, Swords for bosses and PSE, and Doublesaber for single enemies. Respectively, Speed Rain/Assault Buster/Slide end on Partisan, Overend on Sword, and Deadly Archer on Doublesaber.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm only poking away at things right now (about to hit level 3). I need to figure out how units and slots and such work. Also, are there still low level people playing, or are they all near max?

I'm only poking away at things right now (about to hit level 3). I need to figure out how units and slots and such work. Also, are there still low level people playing, or are they all near max?
My secondary characters are all low lvl, though most of it is due to me being on and off alot.

Midou

A lot of people still level subclasses and stuff so I usually find a good amount of people in low level zones.

Is there any sort of way you can appear offline while being logged into the game?

Also what do you guys think is the best subclass for Force?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to make sure I understand correctly...I am playing RA at the moment and plan to level GU (as well as other classes), but I will main either RA/GU or GU/RA. Do I gain skill points for each? Like, does it work the way PSU did with char lvl/class lvl?

ezodagrom

I want to make sure I understand correctly...I am playing RA at the moment and plan to level GU (as well as other classes), but I will main either RA/GU or GU/RA. Do I gain skill points for each? Like, does it work the way PSU did with char lvl/class lvl?
Each class has different skill trees, the skill points you get while playing a specific class can just be used in that class. Also each class has its different level, if you're lvl 30 ranger and switch to a different class you haven't played before, that class will be lvl 1 (there's no separate character lvl and class lvl, there's just class lvl).

Each class has different skill trees, the skill points you get while playing a specific class can just be used in that class. Also each class has its different level, if you're lvl 30 ranger and switch to a different class you haven't played before, that class will be lvl 1 (there's no separate character lvl and class lvl, there's just class lvl).

And to expand on that point, the class you choose as a subclass does not progress in any way while it is a subclass. You must play a class as your main class to gain levels; the only way you can gain SP for a subclass without playing it as your main class is completing the two 5 SP COs using all-class weapons.

Chucker

I started playing this a while ago while waiting to get validated. Wanted to thank the OP for the extensive collection of guides. Currently have a 23 Hunter named Chucker running around B-20(sometimes 21).

Glad to be able to be a part of this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My first Falz experience was fun. I'm now level 6!

I have a question regarding grinding weapons...At what point should I start worrying about learning how the system works? I've got a lot of weapons in storage and have no idea if I should just be selling or what. My old Ranger was 18 or so and had collected some goodies for use later.

kiryogi

Banned
My first Falz experience was fun. I'm now level 6!

I have a question regarding grinding weapons...At what point should I start worrying about learning how the system works? I've got a lot of weapons in storage and have no idea if I should just be selling or what. My old Ranger was 18 or so and had collected some goodies for use later.

Don't consider grinding until you have 9 or 10 star weapons. It is a massive moneysink, and you'll want every grinder you have to attempt it.

Don't consider grinding until you have 9 or 10 star weapons. It is a massive moneysink, and you'll want every grinder you have to attempt it.

Eh, grinding up to 6 star weapons is far less painful, and the game is far more generous with grinders now than it used to be. There isn't much harm in grinding up a 5 to 6 star weapon if you get one with really nice affixes - if you wait until you get endgame level weapons to start upgrading you'll be weak for a really long time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, completed some various quests and jumped up to level 11 really quick. Hit 13 before logging. I may try and see if I can't get this running on my Vita.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any good thoughts on a primarily ranged mag? I was going to raise R.Atk and Dex, but is there a use for the various def stats and HP?

kiryogi

Banned
Any good thoughts on a primarily ranged mag? I was going to raise R.Atk and Dex, but is there a use for the various def stats and HP?

The purpose to ever raising the def stat would be to make it so you can equip units earlier. Same idea for weapons really.

So should I try for a more pure Dex mag?

Pure Dex (Ability) doesn't really help you at all. Having a little doesn't hurt and can help equip specific equipment but the attack stat for a given class is way more important IMO. I'm actually going out of my way to make a pure attack mag at the moment.

Kokonoe

Banned
One moooooore thing!
Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures

So I have Fighter now at 20, and my Hunter is still 30. I'm kind of curious to how subclasses/subjobs work in this game compared to FFXI. Is it like FFXI where if your main job is 10, your subjob will be level 5?

So if I'm level 60, will my subjob be 30?
The alternate classes are just alternates, they're not really balanced to be any stronger than the standard classes. They work well supporting each other as a subclass though.

A teammate just managed to hit 99,999 damage on the last hit of Over End on a Falz Arm during the emergency earlier tonight, simultaneously hitting a new record and confirming damage is capped to 5 digits per hit. Fun times.

See Overend

So sad my record is 74k with OE D: XD

My style for Hunter/Fighter is Partisan as main, Swords for bosses and PSE, and Doublesaber for single enemies. Respectively, Speed Rain/Assault Buster/Slide end on Partisan, Overend on Sword, and Deadly Archer on Doublesaber.

No wonder its good, it's multiple 100k! I'll look into saving up and getting it. Wonder if there are any other expensive photon arts that I don't know about.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
One moooooore thing!
Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures

So I have Fighter now at 20, and my Hunter is still 30. I'm kind of curious to how subclasses/subjobs work in this game compared to FFXI. Is it like FFXI where if your main job is 10, your subjob will be level 5?

So if I'm level 60, will my subjob be 30?
Your lv doesn't drop when you make a class a subclass, but stats don't stack 100%. IIRC, your character will get 100% of the subclass skills and 20% of the subclass stats.

I do. I suppose the grind in PSO2, for me, is less rewarding. It's more about the travel than the destination.

Strange, I've never considered PSO2 a grind, and I end up hitting level caps without doing anything but spending time with friends and murdering Falz because he's a party crasher. I tried MH back in the PSP days and it was the loneliest, emptiest experience ever.

Strange, I've never considered PSO2 a grind, and I end up hitting level caps without doing anything but spending time with friends and murdering Falz because he's a party crasher. I tried MH back in the PSP days and it was the loneliest, emptiest experience ever.

I had a very similar experience with MH on every iteration except for the newest on Wii. It always felt like I was randomly going places with little clue as to where I was going, who I should kill, and why.

Frankly, when I tried the 3DS demo, it still didn't click. For some reason, the Wii U demo was very streamlined and really showed how the maps connected, where the boss was, and how to get there.

I really like how many different bosses there are as well as the difficulty. Reminds me a lot of dark souls actually.

The fact that farming actually WILL net you what you want is very nice.

I've tried to get the damn game running in 3 different PCs already and the same damn thing always happens. After installation, the bars appear when I start the game, one loads a bit, then it stops... and nothing. Even after using the files StarCreator so selflessly provided... nothing happens! On 3 different PCs, always the same! =(

Is there something wrong with Europe? =/

I've tried to get the damn game running in 3 different PCs already and the same damn thing always happens. After installation, the bars appear when I start the game, one loads a bit, then it stops... and nothing. Even after using the files StarCreator so selflessly provided... nothing happens! On 3 different PCs, always the same! =(

That is definitely weird. I have a dude on my team from Europe that runs it with no problem as well.

Midou

Is that when you double click the game's exe or when you click start game from the launcher?

Is that when you double click the game's exe or when you click start game from the launcher?

When I double click the game's exe nothing happens. When I use the launcher, 3 bars appear:

Work Progress
Dowload Status
Installation Status

The bar that represents Work Progress loads about 10%, then everything stops and nothing happens. Ever. In any of the computers. Out of all the times I reinstalled it (this being the 6th) nothing ever happens beyond that. Ever.

Man Sega REALLY needs to get going on a Western release. I desperately want it for Vita but I'd settle for an English release on PC.

When I double click the game's exe nothing happens. When I use the launcher, 3 bars appear:

Work Progress
Dowload Status
Installation Status

The bar that represents Work Progress loads about 10%, then everything stops and nothing happens. Ever. In any of the computers. Out of all the times I reinstalled it (this being the 6th) nothing ever happens beyond that. Ever.

Not sure if you caught this the last time, but did you try the permissions fix listed here? http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-4172013/ (Not sure if these are specific to that particular week's patch level, the last two patch notes on bumped haven't included links to it...)

Not sure if you caught this the last time, but did you try the permissions fix listed here? http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-4172013/ (Not sure if these are specific to that particular week's patch level, the last two patch notes on bumped haven't included links to it...)

I did catch it. And I did try them (otherwise I wouldn't even know the english names of the bars). All 6 times. No luck. :p But thanks for everything, obviously. =)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Of course, dude. ^^ Who do you take me for? :D

That would've been hilarious, though, if it was the reason, lol.

It never ceases to amaze me how often people forget to right click -> run as admin if they're having problems with software, haha.

Did you instal the English patch before or after you tried to run the game?

It never ceases to amaze me how often people forget to right click -> run as admin if they're having problems with software, haha.

Did you instal the English patch before or after you tried to run the game?

First time did it before trying to run the game. All the other times I didn't get to even install it.

Top Bottom