• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Midou

Woo - level 16! Ha. Exp isn't as fast as it was in the PSO days, but it works. Is there any good way to grind out levels, or is it really just slowly plug away and complete quests?

Hard mode makes exp much faster, I was getting about 15-20k exp from a good full clear of forest exploration. Make sure to run around often and see what client orders that may have unlocked, sometimes the exp is quite insane, and once in a while you may see a client order that doesn't seem worth your time for the exp/money, but do it anyways as it may unlock something worthwhile.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hard mode makes exp much faster, I was getting about 15-20k exp from a good full clear of forest exploration. Make sure to run around often and see what client orders that may have unlocked, sometimes the exp is quite insane, and once in a while you may see a client order that doesn't seem worth your time for the exp/money, but do it anyways as it may unlock something worthwhile.

I've been trying to do every CO that I've currently got. I just got PSE burst finished yesterday during the emergency event that took place (I still have NO idea what a PSE is nor how to trigger one). Dessert reminds me of PSOBB EpIV, ha.

I do have a question about my inventory...There is a tab second to the end with a bunch of yellow/orange items. I think they're quest items, but I can't tell for sure.

And also, is it worth saving 1-2* weapons with attributes I like? Or do I need to have an exact item match when grinding attributes (thus making it worth my time to just trash them to open up precious inventory space)?

Big money tip, once Klotho's time attack client orders unlock at LV25 you can do them once per day for absurd amounts of mesetos.

Joining a team helps you avoid having to pub it up when partying, and photon tree effects accessible from the team room give you some buffs while playing.

I've been trying to do every CO that I've currently got. I just got PSE burst finished yesterday during the emergency event that took place (I still have NO idea what a PSE is nor how to trigger one). Dessert reminds me of PSOBB EpIV, ha.

I do have a question about my inventory...There is a tab second to the end with a bunch of yellow/orange items. I think they're quest items, but I can't tell for sure.

And also, is it worth saving 1-2* weapons with attributes I like? Or do I need to have an exact item match when grinding attributes (thus making it worth my time to just trash them to open up precious inventory space)?

PSEs are random effects that can appear upon killing enemies - you'll see a colored pillar of light appear from the enemy as it dies. There are several PSE types (denoted by different colors and explicitly stated in the System log/if you are using the zoomed in map) and each pillar you see adds one level; if too much time passes between adding to the PSE levels they reset to zero. If one PSE reaches level 8 you enter Burst Chance, and getting one more PSE of that type will trigger burst (you'll see a multicolored light pillar instead of a single color).

Cross Burst occurs when more than one PSE type enters burst at the same time.

I'm sure the quest item question is answered once every page at this point, but yes, those are quest items (client/team/daily order turn ins, advance capsules, element stones from advance quests/Falz).

You can save attributes if you'd like (and when pricing things for MyShop it's often the value of the attributes attached that are valued more than the weapon/armor itself) though I wouldn't save anything under, say, Power 3 or Technic 3. 3 seems to be the commonly accepted sweet spot between effectiveness and difficulty in affixing, and creating level 3s from lower leveled attributes is often more expensive than just outright buying affix fodder from MyShop.

EXP tip, do Dark Falz when it happens and keep spamming it.
Small money tip, furniture sells for 400 meseta and 800 meseta at vendors.

Definitely - standard procedure when you need exp fast is to trade in a photon sphere for a EXP+75% boost, then stay on the campship as long as possible between runs to avoid ticking down the boost timer unnecessarily. I've managed to make one boost last through two Falz Elders before, though I didn't run many arms the second time.

On joining teams: if you like the people you team up with you get a persistent chat line shared by the entire team, and as mentioned above you get the benefits of the photon tree in team room. Know that using the photon tree makes it consume more water, and you'll probably be expected to turn in your fair share of team orders (a weekly list of orders specific to each team that contributes team points, up to 4500 TP per week per account at the moment) to keep the tree well fed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks StarCreator - much appreciated!

And curse me for asking, but is the NeoGAF team not the team to be on? Should I be looking into more active teams?

Chucker

Are there any particular places to farm out the 12 Fodran, and 5 Gilnas for the subclass? I feel like I'm being inefficient by running around like a jerk in free explore.

Thanks StarCreator - much appreciated!

And curse me for asking, but is the NeoGAF team not the team to be on? Should I be looking into more active teams?

It completely depends on your intentions with the game. If you want to meet up with people and have a good time and form bonds, smaller, more closely knit teams would be the way to go.

If you want a competitive team that is always on top of the curve, a larger, more active team would probably suit you better.

Are there any particular places to farm out the 12 Fodran, and 5 Gilnas for the subclass? I feel like I'm being inefficient by running around like a jerk in free explore.

Free field is probably not the best place to be looking. Try the individual missions instead?

Alternatively, if you run Lilipa time attack you're guaranteed to see 4 Gilnas - even more if you're not doing the teamwork shortcut.

For the Fordorans I run Kartagot Extermination and hoof it to the end area where they frequently spawn two along with the target monsters, and will rarely run into an EC with Fordorans in area 2.

I can't think of a dependent way to farm Gilnas solo, but if you have a party there are multiple guaranteed spawns in Lilipa TA.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It completely depends on your intentions with the game. If you want to meet up with people and have a good time and form bonds, smaller, more closely knit teams would be the way to go.

If you want a competitive team that is always on top of the curve, a larger, more active team would probably suit you better.

I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 people on at a given time, but then again, I have only been playing [again] for a few days. I may do some research to see what route to go.

I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 people on at a given time, but then again, I have only been playing [again] for a few days. I may do some research to see what route to go.

I'm on a team with 80 some people. A few are fairly serious. The problem I was having was the 14-17 year olds that spam art for the whole team non-stop, or have 1 to 1 conversations in team chat that the rest of the team didn't appreciate having on their chat log.

Midou

I'm on a team with 80 some people. A few are fairly serious. The problem I was having was the 14-17 year olds that spam art for the whole team non-stop, or have 1 to 1 conversations in team chat that the rest of the team didn't appreciate having on their chat log.

No offence to the general populous but being on block 20 and listening to the conversations of the average players makes me want to throw up. This is kind of why I avoided joining any other teams outside of GAF.

No offence to the general populous but being on block 20 and listening to the conversations of the average players makes me want to throw up. This is kind of why I avoided joining any other teams outside of GAF.

Precisely.

I only like partying with 4 out of those 80+. One of which is my brother, so I'm sort of obligated to do so.

Chucker

Free field is probably not the best place to be looking. Try the individual missions instead?

Alternatively, if you run Lilipa time attack you're guaranteed to see 4 Gilnas - even more if you're not doing the teamwork shortcut.

For the Fordorans I run Kartagot Extermination and hoof it to the end area where they frequently spawn two along with the target monsters, and will rarely run into an EC with Fordorans in area 2.

I can't think of a dependent way to farm Gilnas solo, but if you have a party there are multiple guaranteed spawns in Lilipa TA.

Noted! Thanks guys.

Cmagus

Our group is usually hanging out on Block 04, 25 or 206. Your best bet is to either join GAF group or another and avoid alot of pugs as they can be like that. Just look around and find a group that you like and is a good fit for your level because the game isn't fun by yourself but alot of fun with others.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Urban event yesterday was great - took me to 19 right quick. Also, can you not feed your mag rare items? I accidentally bought 2 rare launchers from a store. I was going to feed it to my mag but it doesn't let me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Urban event yesterday was great - took me to 19 right quick. Also, can you not feed your mag rare items? I accidentally bought 2 rare launchers from a store. I was going to feed it to my mag but it doesn't let me.
Can't feed it 7* and above, but the 7* are supposed to change at some point iirc.

Kokonoe

Banned
Further datamining ~ THE RETURN OF BURNING RANGERS?!

New AD. Urban and Ruins :D

I was looking at music discs yesterday (while being depressed the PSO tracks were so awfully expensive) and not seeing Burning Rangers or any Sonic track surprised me. Burning Rangers is a requirement for Phantasy Star.

I was looking at music discs yesterday (while being depressed the PSO tracks were so awfully expensive) and not seeing Burning Rangers or any Sonic track surprised me. Burning Rangers is a requirement for Phantasy Star.
I think there was a sonic lobby found in the data mining or something, so expect music to pop around then.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So am I understanding this correctly? The non-official English patch only make the UI English, not story or items, correct?
Not only the UI - it also makes the quest objectives etc. English. And there's a separate patch for the story.

kiryogi

Banned
This is pretty amazing actually.

Attack on Rappy

Original OP for Attack on Titan (watch it now if you have not!)

Posted already on the previous page. . . It's sorta weird that a week later folks are just discovering it again or something. So slow.

LOL this was posted from a fellow teammate. PSO Rappy/Shingeki fans need to see this.

【PSO2】進撃の鳥人-ATTACK ON RAPPY-

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20754659

Comparison vid
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20766733

Also so awesome. Sympathy NPC48

NPC chars recreated by players with them playing "Our Fighting". Rappy inclusion too ;d

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20543320

wwm0nkey

Posted already on the previous page. . . It's sorta weird that a week later folks are just discovering it again or something. So slow.

Crap :( Oh well still awesome lol

Also since I obviously have not been keeping up with this thread has there be absolutely ANY word on PSO2 NA or is it safe to just give up on that for 2013?

wwm0nkey

Give up and play the JP ver :eek: (with english patch if you want)

Well originally I did and stopped because I wanted to play with my friends but if they can't be bothered to get an account, download the EN patch and get the JP version screw it I guess I will get back into it and just play with people there.

Also are there any guides out there to learn a bit of Japanese to help with item names and ect?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well originally I did and stopped because I wanted to play with my friends but if they can't be bothered to get an account, download the EN patch and get the JP version screw it I guess I will get back into it and just play with people there.

Also are there any guides out there to learn a bit of Japanese to help with item names and ect?
Just get yourself a katakana chart and learn all the characters there.

kiryogi

Banned

The PSP2i translation guide if I recall correctly has a little mini lesson on reading katakana and whatnot.

Top Bottom