• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Mileena

Banned
Because let's be real it would flop in the US.

It's free and if the fans can do these damn translations then Sega should easily be able to do it at a faster pace. They're just being lazy fucks about it, and people lose interest. I'm playing right now but it's pretty annoying not knowing what any of the item/weapon names are, laggy JP servers and not being able to use any of the real money stuff.

kiryogi

Banned
It's free and if the fans can do these damn translations then Sega should easily be able to do it at a faster pace. They're just being lazy fucks about it, and people lose interest. I'm playing right now but it's pretty annoying not knowing what any of the item/weapon names are, laggy JP servers and not being able to use any of the real money stuff.

There's a pretty good copy clipboard option in game Yknow. Plus no excuse on AC. There's tons of third party options.

Mileena

Banned
You can buy AC through the 3rd party sites, quite a lot of people here do that.

checked the links in OP, and once again jumping through hoops to do the simplest shit just because Sega is lazy or we aren't worthy enough of their game. Also, do I have to reinstall the english patches after every update?

Kokonoe

Banned
Better to just get on the Japanese servers and deal with all the cons of playing on the Japanese servers because they will be vastly less to what you'll experience if they ever release a US server.

Want to know how I know? I survived PSO and survived being 3 years behind in content on PSUniverse and get weapons that were brand new skins in Japan but were reskinned to just be the exact copy of the level 1 weapons here. PSO2 will suffer the same fate since it will be managed by Sega of America.

What is it? Share with us :3

Oh it was just something from Big Vardha, but just happy since I can buy a ten star weapon now.

Kyon

Banned
Yup. We will all be in episode 2 if a US version ever came out. No thanks lol and for those of you that don't understand japanese there is an English patch so screw that. Also a lot of the cross promotion stuff wouldn't be in a western version because of licensing issues

Kyon

Banned
Japanese players seem to be helpful as well, I have no intention of moving even if we get a release!

I had the DISPLEASURE of visiting Block 20. So VILE. LordT!

They don't even play the game they just spam n crap. So vile that's why I always love JP players they actually play the game and get really far.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After seeing some of the new stuff I'm really regretting stopping my Japanese study 2 years ago.

I guess it's just not in the cards for me. :/
English patch for the UI and the second for the story. Katakana is enough for the item/skill names, because the former don't make much sense anyway.

As for the game, I've encountered the third Transzexia's transformation yesterday for the first time. Also in the picture - my new cool image.
Sb9KWV3.jpg

Gattuso

Is there a list of item names somewhere? I was going to go buy some costumes and stuff but I can't remember where to go, its been a while.
edit: nvm I found a website.

English patch for the UI and the second for the story. Katakana is enough for the item/skill names, because the former don't make much sense anyway.

As for the game, I've encountered the third Transzexia's transformation yesterday for the first time. Also in the picture - my new cool image.

I've yet to even see a Transzexia ._. That looks crazy!

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh yeah, I ran into an enormous fish-like monster with a moustache and a cane that ended up one shotting me once it span around.

I think it said "Emergency...Gift!". So does he give you something?

Kyon

Banned
Oh yeah, I ran into an enormous fish-like monster with a moustache and a cane that ended up one shotting me once it span around.

:O Mr Umbra! Just Stand in front of him >_< if he bops you in the face twice you have a chance to win Umbra stick! Very rare :) and all class I believe. Has a special skill that increases rare drop rate (not lucky rise, it's better)

DON'T HIT HIM WHATEVER YOU DO lmfao

I hate that dude. I spent a lot of time and he didn't do anything and randomly got a sour mood and ran away. I also failed a timed client request waiting for his stupid face to do something.

Kyon

Banned
I hate that dude. I spent a lot of time and he didn't do anything and randomly got a sour mood and ran away. I also failed a timed client request waiting for his stupid face to do something.

>______< just stand in front of him the code is super rare and the Umber Rod people!

It's almost impossible to clear Mr. Umbra's trial without a full MPA. He spins and it's random where he stops spinning, and someone has to be at the position he happens to stop at for it to work.

qq more

I seriously could never get even a point in that EC. It's so annoying.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How do you get abducted again?
Random event when the Time Attack initial countdown ends.

as for Code Gift, I ran into it yesterday while on my way to solo Varda and cleared it with my 3 npcs, no sweat. Got only meseta though. :(

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm not sure why, but my game has been crashing so much the past two days for no apparent reason. Even with computer restarts it still crashes, and it some how seems to happen specifically in EQs.

I did play till level 14 until I decided to use it but it borked my game somehow. The combination of that plus having text that I can't read plus knowing that I wouldn't even be having any issues if I had stayed true to my commitment really got me down.

Maybe I should just shut up and start it back up again. :p

Their stock has doubled in the past six years, I don't understand why people are still under the impression that Sega are in trouble. They have very lucrative franchises in the PC space.

Didn't they completely restructure and downsize their American/European divisions recently?

SparkTR

Didn't they completely restructure and downsize their American/European divisions recently?

Last year they did, but to further maximise profits by reinforcing their strong points (digital) while cutting down on their weak points (retail). That year they made a profit of £152m, though it was hampered by their reform.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
3 Code Gifts cleared in 15 minutes thanks to the new EM. We did one of them with just the two of us and I have to say, wunder's technique of getting hit rocks.

Top Bottom