• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

ezodagrom

are there any requirements for being abducted like difficulty or something?
It can happen randomly at the start of a very hard mode time attack quest (after the 3, 2, 1 countdown).
I could be wrong about this, but apparently S ranking quests (probably emergency quests, time attack quests, advance or extreme quests affect this more than normal quests or free fields) increase the odds of abduction, while abandoning/restarting quests decreases the odds.

It can happen randomly at the start of a very hard mode time attack quest (after the 3, 2, 1 countdown).
I could be wrong about this, but apparently S ranking quests (probably emergency quests, time attack quests, advance or extreme quests affect this more than normal quests or free fields) increase the odds of abduction, while abandoning/restarting quests decreases the odds.

If so, I'm gonna try s ranking a bunch of stuff to see.

ezodagrom

If so, I'm gonna try s ranking a bunch of stuff to see.
Even if S ranking quests increases the odds, it's still a luck based thing, for example, someone who S ranks a bunch of advance and emergency quests in a row may end up not getting abducted when doing VH TAs (kinda like how using a success rate booster when grinding an high rarity weapon from +9 to +10 doesn't guarantee success, or using a rare drop rate booster doesn't guarantee rares).

EDIT: There's this from bumped:
How to get Abducted (As described by the Development Team)

- Whenever you get good results on certain quests, it increases your chances of Abduction
- However, if you cancel the quest before you clear it, your chances decrease.
- A shortcut to getting abducted is to clear quests back to back.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-february-2013-tidbits/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PsvKIlT.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Zbwtmt5HU&feature=youtu.be
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130612/

Like pouring salt into my wound SEGA.

<-----
Still bitter we never got another console Valkyria and that VC3 was never released in the West.

Program files (x86) -> sega -> phantasystaronline2 -> pso2_bin -> data -> win32 -> all translation files overwrite files in here. So both the menu patches and the story patch go there

protip: make sure to keep up on your quests (or client orders as the game calls them). I stopped collecting them cause I was playing untranslated and it was hard to figure out what each quest wanted you to do, and now I need to complete all these quests made for level 5 chars so I can get the quests made for level 20 chars.

As of today, does the Vita card import still work with NA PSN accounts without needing to format/switch accounts/change anything?

I don't see why it wouldn't. The only concern is that you might be left out if they ever integrate more tightly with PSN for things like exclusive DLC.

Sykotik

I've managed to forget everything I knew from when I played the beta.

Can I contact any of Team NeoGAF from in-game? I can't seem to find a means to do so.

Edit: PC version.

I've managed to forget everything I knew from when I played the beta.

Can I contact any of Team NeoGAF from in-game? I can't seem to find a means to do so.

Edit: PC version.

You're better off contacting them here. You can send whispers to anyone you can find from the visiophone, but there's simply no way to tell if they're online and the game doesn't tell you whether or not a whispered message was received.

Gattuso

i think if you look at someone's arks card and if it says something next to current character that means they're online if its blank then they're not.

On the English patch website, there is an optional file available for download titled "Large Files". What does this do?
Translates more stuff. The core files only translate essentials, how much more you want translated is a matter of how much you're willing to download and put up with the game patching it all out every other week.

Translates more stuff. The core files only translate essentials, how much more you want translated is a matter of how much you're willing to download and put up with the game patching it all out every other week.

Thanks!

Is there a recommended order to installing the Core English patch, the Larger Files patch, and the Story patch?

Also, all three patches go in the game's data/win32 directory, correct?

ezodagrom

Thanks!

Is there a recommended order to installing the Core English patch, the Larger Files patch, and the Story patch?

Also, all three patches go in the game's data/win32 directory, correct?
They all go to that directory, yeah, and each pack replaces different files, so doesn't matter which one you put first.

Next week there's a large update, so expect all packs to need a newer version.
The core pack, that one is usually updated rather quickly.
The large pack, when there's big updates, that one is usually updated 1 week after the update.
The story pack, that one usually takes much longer than the others to get updated.

Blueblur1

I only found out recently too... I was playing gold before because I just wanted clothes haha.

Add me btw if you want. I'm in pretty religiously and glad to chat and answer any questions you have.

Sure thing. Been busy with school so I haven't played much (or posted here). What's your Player ID?

Foaloal

So I managed to register a Sega ID, and download/update/patch the game.
But I can't login in game, presumably because I wasn't able to add PSO2 to my service list.

Edit: Figured it out.

Apparently my username was registered all lowercase instead of proper case as I'd intended.

Game seems like a lot of fun, but it's hard to enjoy fully without being able to understand anything beyond the pictures and the basic translated text.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Episode 2 news:
Dewman are the new race.
The new class is Braver (I think)
Photo.

PSO2es is getting an Android beta.

I'm not watching the stream myself, just forwarding stuff from twitter.

I wonder if the new enemy would be romanized like Bal Ro Dos

Looks a lot like De Rol Le and Dal Ra Lie

Also the serpent enemy in episode 2 was Barba Ray (Bal Ba Ray)

Maybe the rare version is De Rol Le? I'd shit myself.

Pietepiet

Tried registering for the Android version, but it sent me to a page with lots of fields I had to fill in that I didn't understand. Hope there'll be a registration guide.

I got back into the game properly this weekend. So fun! Can't believe there's no English version dated yet...

Blueblur1

Is today a Sonic holiday or something? I'm seeing a bunch of new Sonic stuff in the lobby and the music has changed too.

Sonic's anniversary falls on June 23rd. It's a PSO tradition to celebrate it by having Sonic and company displayed in PSO lobbies. He's also been featured in special quests in PSO and PSU.

Top Bottom