• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

green_focus

PSA - don't apply the english story patch right now. I was getting stuck in an endless load tunnel after using the old one. Need to wait for an update. UI patch works okay apparently. Won't know myself until the file check (third button on launcher) is done and I reapply the UI patch.

Darn it Sega, just bring this to NA already.

ezodagrom

PSA - don't apply the english story patch right now. I was getting stuck in an endless load tunnel after using the old one. Need to wait for an update. UI patch works okay apparently. Won't know myself until the file check (third button on launcher) is done and I reapply the UI patch.

Darn it Sega, just bring this to NA already.
Yeah, the story patch hasn't been updated yet to support the current version of the game, only the core english patch works (the large files pack of the english patch hasn't been updated either).

Gattuso

So what does this symbol mean? Am I supposed to be doing something in that quest?

ibjsI1YhJsnvCD.PNG

Gattuso

I always seem to have 20/20 co's I'm doing at once (with a few I'm being lazy with but I already started them) and I'm pretty satisfied with where I left off on the matter board as far as co's available to choose from. or am I missing out on a specific group of people with amazing xp for their missions?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some of the story missions are really cool, plus the mb is the only way to gain access to a few partner npcs.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the great OP! I just got this downloaded and gave it a try and it's looking great. However:

You MUST be connected to the Internet to play.

I think this should be bolded. I was surprised when trying to sleep mode during the tutorial, only to find I'd be booted back to the title screen. Was kind of looking forward to playing this during my commute. Besides character creation, is there no offline mode at all?

At any rate, I'll add my ID and get on Ship 02 Block 20 asap. Old-school PSO fan and looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Would be great to play with some of you :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks for the great OP! I just got this downloaded and gave it a try and it's looking great. However:

I think this should be bolded. I was surprised when trying to sleep mode during the tutorial, only to find I'd be booted back to the title screen. Was kind of looking forward to playing this during my commute. Besides character creation, is there no offline mode at all?

At any rate, I'll add my ID and get on Ship 02 Block 20 asap. Old-school PSO fan and looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Would be great to play with some of you :)
Bolded.

I think the character AR photo feature is offline as well. Anyway, someone can invite you to Team GAF if you write your character name/player id, so get to it!

kiryogi

Banned

Get tethering on your phone ;d

I'm trying to download client with Sega downloader and getting 50 Kb/s speed maximum. My internet connection is fine, it's about 2 Mb per second on average.
What am I doing wrong? Don't think I want to wait 50 hours for it to download that way.
Are there any other ways to get the latest client?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Bolded.

I think the character AR photo feature is offline as well. Anyway, someone can invite you to Team GAF if you write your character name/player id, so get to it!

Cheers! My ID is 12200748. Character name is either Runai or Bobio.
Ship is of course #2.

Also this might be a dumb question, but how exactly do you save? I got to the main ship yesterday and hit "logout", thinking it would keep my progress (tried this once during the tutorial and it didn't work...) Am I missing an actual save option?

I loved reaching the ship and seeing all these other people in the lobby on my little handheld, but I already miss the ability to just put it to sleep and continue whenever I want. Was an offline mode not as feasible as it was in the old PSO days?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's no offline mode and everything is saved in realtime. The quest won't count if you quit halfway through and the same goes for the tutorial.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so every time you get experience, buy/sell something or shift items around, it saves for you? It makes sense that you need to finish a quest - I guess I just quit a little prematurely the first time.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll keep an eye out for you folks!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, so every time you get experience, buy/sell something or shift items around, it saves for you? It makes sense that you need to finish a quest - I guess I just quit a little prematurely the first time.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll keep an eye out for you folks!
Yes, that's how all mmorpgs work. Everything you do goes through the server and is saved there in realtime.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe, good point. I guess I was just in nostalgia mode and expected a regular save option like in PSO Eps 1&2 ^^;

It's doing a good job of playing with my nostalgia so far. Much more so than PSU or the PSP iterations. Thanks for replying and see y'all when I get my act together.

Do you guys have the japanese name of the weapons that can be used by any class? I am raising up hunter and have force subbed, I want to find a wand that I can use for techs. I found a translation for the mic stand but since it no longer drops, it was too expensive for me.

Do you guys have the japanese name of the weapons that can be used by any class? I am raising up hunter and have force subbed, I want to find a wand that I can use for techs. I found a translation for the mic stand but since it no longer drops, it was too expensive for me.

You mean Rod; Wand is a Techer weapon.

Just look at the weapons with the All Class designation here
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/weapon_11.php#nav

I think the Umblla Stick is a popular choice.

Took like FOREVER but after fighting Falz on Very Hard for the longest, I finally got a ten star weapon to drop...man was I so giddy...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Now I just need one more to get a ten star Talis and also some for some nice units. I think I also need to work on my equpiment some more so I can do more damage. Survived Falz's laser hitting me but my damage is weak.

I reallllllllllllllllllly want to play this game but I don't want to do all the account switching :(( I really wish Sega would just localize it.... I know it's been asked a billion times but is there still any hope?

I reallllllllllllllllllly want to play this game but I don't want to do all the account switching :(( I really wish Sega would just localize it.... I know it's been asked a billion times but is there still any hope?

Slim slim...just follow the walkthroughs and you will be able to join us.

Kokonoe

Banned
Was loving this game but I'm already getting burned out sadly. There needs to be more modes, my complaint with PSU was that awesome events like the Lightning Carnival was one time events, and once they were gone it was just back to mindless killing stuff.

Needs more endgame.

ezodagrom

New emergency quest with lv 60 Falz Arms and Elder coming to PSO2 on June 12th. New drops confirmed.
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/05/130528a.html
This was posted in psow about falz. o-o
Basically its saying that there will be a new more higher level Falz to fight. It will have more HP, different fight pattern (maybe attacks as well), and different drops. It will be announced more formally on 5/30 in Famitsu Magazine. So like there is a Chrome Dragon and a Haze Drall, there will be a Super-Falz Elder which you may just run into. It notes that it will not be a random quest or anything but will just activate accordingly when you start the 2nd phase. It will be implemented on 6/12.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2980544&postcount=728

I was going to wait and see if the Western Release was going to go down but this post convinced me to go ahead and play the JP version. I could be waiting forever is seems.

So far a Level 22 HuCast. If anyone is still playing and needs someone to play with send me Friend Request. :)

Ship: 02
ID: 12194148
Name: Alife

I really hope that this doesn't turn into another PSO situation where Japan leaves the West in the dust in terms of updates and content. Can't believe I don't own this game right now and I've played every one in the franchise smh, if I had a better laptop I'd download it.

Quick question which I'm" sure has been spammed already but what is this more like:
Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Zero or Phantasy Star Universe/Phantasy Star Portable?

Motherfucker. I spent all day getting this game downloaded/installed/updated (which would lose connection with their server every 20 to 60 minutes and needed to be reconnected manually), downloaded the translations patched, overwrote all the original japanese files, went into start menu and game appears in the bottom of the list cause it's the most recently installed program, launched the game, a window in japanese popped up and I clicked one of the options.

I accidentally launched the setup instead of the game. I just uninstalled the fucking game. Fuck. 8 hours of waiting down the fucking drain.

Guess I'll play tomorrow qq

Quick question which I'm" sure has been spammed already but what is this more like:
Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Zero or Phantasy Star Universe/Phantasy Star Portable?

I played it after it first launched (had to stop when I just couldn't figure out how to progress due to everything being in japanese and no english patch release date in sight), it's like PSO but it plays like you remember it playing in your rose tinted glasses and not like it actually plays. Basically a PSO where everything's modernized. So it's faster, combo system's better, you can jump(!)

I played just a little bit of PSP and can't remember why I didn't like it or what the differences from PSO were, but this game is definitely closer to PSO than any of the other 3d Phantasy Stars.

Here's a random let's play I just found on google, you can jump around and see him slashing up some monsters and decide whether you think it's the best thing ever or a disgrace to the franchise (it's the best thing ever) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNbV6XMqy4

Top Bottom