• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Are you having issues breaking his tail? He has to burrow and resurface at least twice for him to be able to do that attack, and breaking the tail resets his armor state.

Are you having issues breaking his tail? He has to burrow and resurface at least twice for him to be able to do that attack, and breaking the tail resets his armor state.

I read about that before fighting him again and just broke his tail a few times before he could reach that phase where he could one shot me.

I also saw some guy being chased by a large mech in the multi party area. It completely ignored me though. I didn't want to die en-route to Vol Dragon so I just left him alone. :p

I also saw some guy being chased by a large mech in the multi party area. It completely ignored me though. I didn't want to die en-route to Vol Dragon so I just left him alone. :p

What a jerk =p Your clear rank only decreases if you return to the campship while incapacitated; if there was another person on the map and he used a moon to pick you back up, your rank isn't affected.

What a jerk =p Your clear rank only decreases if you return to the campship while incapacitated; if there was another person on the map and he used a moon to pick you back up, your rank isn't affected.

I only had Lisa with me though for the S rank clear on Caves exploration. The guy was running around a lot too, I didn't want to risk him ignoring me in case I died.

Funny though, I got a A rank for some reason and the CO still counted as completed.

I only had Lisa with me though for the S rank clear on Caves exploration. The guy was running around a lot too, I didn't want to risk him ignoring me in case I died.

Funny though, I got a A rank for some reason and the CO still counted as completed.

Oh, you were running a Lisa CO? Those haven't needed S rank for months; their clear requirements were lowered a few months into launch.

You have to kill a certain number of enemies before moving on to the boss to get maximum rank. Normally killing every enemy you encounter while making an attempt at revealing the entire map should be sufficient if you're on a PC block; on a Vita block you'll need to do some retreading.

Oh, you were running a Lisa CO? Those haven't needed S rank for months; their clear requirements were lowered a few months into launch.

You have to kill a certain number of enemies before moving on to the boss to get maximum rank. Normally killing every enemy you encounter while making an attempt at revealing the entire map should be sufficient if you're on a PC block; on a Vita block you'll need to do some retreading.

I guess that applies to the other ones as well. I'm going off of the psublog's guides since my JP reading skill is like 1. :p

They mentioned some of their stuff is out of date though so I might be going for more than I actually need on certain CO's.

As long as I can still complete them following their translations then it's not too bad.

EDIT: I almost have enough meseta saved up for a costume from the player shops. So many to choose from.

I popped onto PSO2 tonight. I hate to say this, but I left the NeoGAF team because some guy was spouting anti-Japanese hate speech the whole time I was on.

YOU CANNOT TURN THAT SHIT OFF ANY OTHER WAY. (Except blocking, but "Leave Team" was the first option I found.)

I popped onto PSO2 tonight. I hate to say this, but I left the NeoGAF team because some guy was spouting anti-Japanese hate speech the whole time I was on.

YOU CANNOT TURN THAT SHIT OFF ANY OTHER WAY. (Except blocking, but "Leave Team" was the first option I found.)

Classy. You should probably paste some logs to Hasemo if the stuff he was saying was that disturbing so the offender can be dealt with.

For the record, the dropdown box at the top of the chat window sets your chat filter. I believe the options are something like All, Team Only, Party Only, System Messages only. You wouldn't have been able to blacklist the person before leaving the team as you can't blacklist someone on your own team.

Wonko_C

Really? On a Japanese game, that's in full Japanese (unless you use the translation patch), with a lot of Japanese flair even for a Sci-Fi setting? I wish I was there with some popcorn.

Seriously though, the few regulars are cool people. The team is almost deserted as it is and it would be nice to have more people to hang out with, especially new blood to do some low level missions with.

I wonder if he/she was even part of NeoGAF. That reminds me of the random people on youtube who always post comments saying Amirox is gay whenever something is posted on GAF.

If you report it to whoever's in charge of the team (not sure since i haven't joined up yet) they can probably resolve the issue for you.

It was "dr something," who was clearly upset about being booted from a Japanese group, but when your first reaction is to call them "tards" and complain about it for 15 minutes, I think it's not them -- it's you.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lol, dr? He was either really frustrated or joking. He's not good at the latter though.

Me and wunder were talking about reasons that leads Japanese teams to not accept foreign people in their parties. Someone was kicked and he didn't understood why.

Obviously, if you want to play with japanese people, the least you can do is have some backup phrases. You may think this game is about mindless killing, but there is a lot of strategies to start and hold bursts, spam certain 'features' and so. Most japanese players that refuse to play with foreigns are due to comunication issues, since they aim for efficiency.

Sure, there are some with that Gaijin closed mind, but in my experience, they are the less. Personally, I haven't been kicked ever from any party. Probably, because I ask first if I can join the few times I try to join a full random party, stating the first that I can't use japanese.

I think no one is GAF team is like those psoworld players that join japanese parties, copy/paste some phrases, and at the end of the game write them "HAHAHA, I CHEATED YOU, I'M ENGLISH, FUCK YOU!!!1!".

You probably got misleaded by the harsh language some of the members use with each other. We are on that age where we find funny to insult mates as part of friendship. When we are not in the same party we use the team chat, and since most of the time we are alone, we never check if there are more team member online.

Sorry about that.

And yes, my english is bad and my sense of humor is even worse.

pso20130613_202544_00vujoe.png

pso20130613_211031_0164u8m.png

That eye

So I fought against Dark Falz earlier today. I was in the lobby when I got a message saying that I could take a quest to fight him.

After blowing up his arms a few times I was able to take the quest to actually fight his body instead of the arms.

It was only me and about 4 other people but it went pretty smoothly.

One particular thing I noticed during the fight was how the music is at first pretty loud and oppressive which is to be expected, but at some point during the fight the main opening theme started playing while we were kicking its ass.

That was really cool. Here we are fighting an iconic big bad enemy from the series when the main theme starts playing to reinvigorate us.

Are there any more fights like that in the game?

Seriously though, the few regulars are cool people. The team is almost deserted as it is and it would be nice to have more people to hang out with, especially new blood to do some low level missions with.

Well if you need low level missions done, I need to unlock fighter soon (still need to kill the 3 bosses, but I need to find a decent sword and partizan since I've been relying on a wired lance and the pumpkin staff), so I'll be back at lvl 1 and need to level up again. My highest level so far is 34/30 as a Fo/Hu. character name is MegaWoMan.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Obviously, if you want to play with japanese people, the least you can do is have some backup phrases. You may think this game is about mindless killing, but there is a lot of strategies to start and hold bursts, spam certain 'features' and so. Most japanese players that refuse to play with foreigns are due to comunication issues, since they aim for efficiency.

Yeah this is true, especially if you want to do advanced quests for the drops. Communication becomes a lot more key and while I haven't been kicked before from random groups (unless they accidentally left their party open and were waiting for someone) it's not surprising if some parties want you to at least be able to understand the rules/guideline of the party.

For example:
Twinmechs being banned (TMG shine more at single target damage, so some parties don't want you bouncing enemies around and making it difficult to kill things during a burst)
Bursting at the entrance/exit (spawns are concentrated in front of either, faster/easier to kill for crossbursts)
Skipping code collects because they waste time
Killing everything on the map vs killing on your way to the exit
Banning use of lucky rise units from the excube shop, etc

I'm online right now. There are too many characters named 'Noire', so I can't whisper you.

If by the time you get online I'm not, try whispering wunderblizz or Jentalia. Between the three we cover most of the day.

For what it's worth, he said it was his player name. If he's correct about that, player names are unique per ship.

Tailzo

I'm going to Japan tomorrow. Is it a terrible idea to buy this as a physical vita game? I can't read Japanese. But then I could play without switching my account, right?

I'm going to Japan tomorrow. Is it a terrible idea to buy this as a physical vita game? I can't read Japanese. But then I could play without switching my account, right?

I think you would find it very difficult to understand and memorize the menu's. It is probably best to DL the PC version for free and use the English patch. :)

I think you would find it very difficult to understand and memorize the menu's. It is probably best to DL the PC version for free and use the English patch. :)

I have no issue playing the game unpatched with minimal Japanese knowledge.

So a Superfalz just came and went. Fight was interesting. All of his attacks are much faster, and when he punches, he actually pulls back and punches again right away. Lots and lots of death in the MPA I ran.

biocat

I've been meaning to add my name to the list here for a while. I don't play that much, but with a few more friends on my list, I imagine I will.

Virago: 11842207
Please add me!

yami4ct

I played the game back before an english patch and did just fine. It's just a matter of memorization. Once you have a sense of what is where, it all falls into place.

IMACOMPUTA

I'd love to try the game but everytime i try to login it seems like there is maintenance. Am I doing something wrong or is there actually maintenance right now?

Gattuso

I hate being fragile for my level I can't really take hits at all it seems. I also overwhelmed myself doing the chaotic border break quest by myself, so many emergencies going on.
I'm not sure how much longer I can jam out to city escape.
edit: speaking of city escape http://youtu.be/SobU0tTU1-0?t=1m39s

ezodagrom

That border break quest is an emergency one, right?
The border break quest is available all the time until august 7, it's not an emergency quest.

The burning rangers quest here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZVOWiRNlM
This one will be an emergency quest.

Anyway, recorded a video of the powered up Dark Arms and Dark Falz Elder...
The Elder fight could have gone a bit better though, Elder didn't want to get shocked ;-;

Raging Dark Arms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUryhX0HYIA

Utterly Profound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kDWOzKP9U

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, so I've logged in to check the new stuff and had enough luck to run straight into the Kuna Live event and Falz+.
As for the latter, it was basically... the same? I've expected a bit more than Falz with boosted speed/atk and an ice effect on his meteorites (seriously, where did that come from?).

On the other hand, soloing the Border Break quest boss was quite a challenge and I ran out mates in the middle of the fight. Why did no one tell me that there are actually two bosses there? :(
Anyway, the fight was really intense and fun, although not really hard, because the attack patterns were really easy to remember. That said, I hope the game gets more bosses like the BB one, because the that guy was much better than all the all the sanctuary dragons combined.

Some scans popped up on the internet with some more EP2 details, including rebalances to the assist classes! Techer got buffs in all the wrong ways lol. Maybe I should have been more specific than "make Techer not shit" on the player survey...

Top Bottom