• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Any Noobies looking to hop into the game again? I haven't played on PC or Vita (since the vita game came out) looking to join in and level with people.

Hows that English patch holding up?

IMACOMPUTA

Question -
If I buy the physical Japanese vita version and use it with my US PSN account, will that prevent me from playing the US version of the game (if ever released) on my US PSN account?

yami4ct

Ok, afte liker a year gone I'm finally getting back into the game. Was a crap ton of trouble, but I finally got it working. How active is the Ship 2 gaf team? My old team has died off in my absence and they were a lot of help when I played last. It was nice to always be able to call a teammate for help, and I think my lvl 18 hunter is going to need a lot of help getting back into fighting shape.

Blueblur1

Ok, afte liker a year gone I'm finally getting back into the game. Was a crap ton of trouble, but I finally got it working. How active is the Ship 2 gaf team? My old team has died off in my absence and they were a lot of help when I played last. It was nice to always be able to call a teammate for help, and I think my lvl 18 hunter is going to need a lot of help getting back into fighting shape.

There's usually 3 -4 people online on the weekends. I'm mostly on during the weekends but not for long cuz of school.

Returning to the game with a new character (only reached about level 20 before). PSO has always been one of my favorite games and I am tired of waiting for the western release. I will try to message someone in game but just incase, my character name is "Ryu Elessar".

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I can invite anyone to our team, but since GAF doesn't have email PM notifications and popups usually aren't working, it would be the best if you shoot me a tweet.
I'm in the JST timezone though, keep that in mind.

So I'm thinking about giving PSO2 a go, I just have a couple of questions. So these English compatibility patches, how extensive are they, do I need to know any Japanese?

Also, can I use a 360 controller?

Yeah, no problems with it.

Great. I'm downloading the game now, as I have a crappy connection I won't be able to play until tomorrow.

So I download the game, and then install and open the game. Then I should download and install both the UI and story English patches?

Dizzy-4U

Well, I've been playing this all weekend and it sure brought back some wonderful memories of playing PSO on the Dreamcast. I absolutely loved every second of it and I will continue playing it for a long time.

Shayera (lvl.15) is my username if anyone wants to party someday (Ship 02).

K.Sabot

Just about to give in, played the game in beta and quit to wait on the english version. Now it's a year later.

Now all this talk about it never coming out in english has me bummed and about to crack.

Alright so I downloaded the installer, and installed the game (7.5gb). After installation I started it up, and now it's downloading heaps of stuff (about 4gb I think), this is the last process before I then over right the Japanese files with the Eng ones right? Anything else I need to do?

Dizzy-4U

Holy crap at the UI patch! I spent all weekend learning where everything was....I should have done this from the start.

Now I have descriptions of what I need to do in the client orders! Hurray!!!

ShinKagato

Neo Member
I might start playing this again at the weekend, ive been tied up with the Realm Reborn beta for the past few months and the Neverwinter beta before that. I miss PSO2, weekend certainly seems to be the time most people are playing.

Awesome, thanks guys. Might even downscale from 2560x1440 if I can maintain 60fps.

I'll be joining tomorrow then, what's this friend invite business, should I not bother with it? Seeing as I'm an Aussie, I'm worried no one will be around when I play...

Awesome, thanks guys. Might even downscale from 2560x1440 if I can maintain 60fps.

I'll be joining tomorrow then, what's this friend invite business, should I not bother with it? Seeing as I'm an Aussie, I'm worried no one will be around when I play...

It is no effort for you to use and you and the one you refer get free stuff every 10 levels (up to 40), that you would otherwise never get. Why wouldn't you use it?

IMACOMPUTA

It is no effort for you to use and you and the one you refer get free stuff every 10 levels (up to 40), that you would otherwise never get. Why wouldn't you use it?

I tried adding you before i made my character and it said you weren't found.. I was too impatient/excited to keep trying and never figured it out :(

Is there any way to run this game at 2560x1440? Max res that it gives me is 1920x1080.

VariantX

What are the system requirements like? Can I expect 60fps with a 3570k @ 4.2ghz + a 670 at max settings?

You should have absolutely no problems running this game at max settings.

I have a stock 2500k @ 3.2ghz + HD 6870 at max and I'm always at 60 fps at 99.99% of the time. The only time I have ever seen a frame drop was during the sandstorm weather effect in the desert. Yet, the blizzard effect in the tundra which is basically the same effect, but white, does not affect my frame rate whatsoever.

Ferr986

Even my shitty Phenom II x 4 955 with my GTX 460 can go beyond 60 fps at max settings in 1080p. It only drops below 60 when shit goes crazy during Cross Bursts.

Gattuso

Is there any way to run this game at 2560x1440? Max res that it gives me is 1920x1080.

yes there is a way to run the game at any custom resolution you want it to. ill post instructions in a little bit since i don't know off the top of my head and i'm not on a computer right now.

So I just need your details, I don't need to wait for your approval or anything before I can create my character?

Can you post your details again, I'll add you if that's alright?

So I've finally finished installing and patching the game, do I still need all of those pso2 setup files?

Edit: I just found out about the PSO2 tweaker as well, that's going to make updating both the UI and Story patches really easy. Just downloading the story patch now, 30min until I'm finally playing another PSO game, can't wait.

Gattuso

Awesome! Thanks. Looking forward to it.

so go to my documents->sega->phantasystaronline2->user.pso2 and open that file in wordpad,word,etc. and the values you want to edit are under reference resolution where it says x= & y= and at the bottom of the doc where it says windows edit the height and width. the ui will also scale really tiny but i think there's an option to fix that in the launcher.

MrDaravon

Just about to give in, played the game in beta and quit to wait on the english version. Now it's a year later.

Now all this talk about it never coming out in english has me bummed and about to crack.

Same here. Problem is that I'm pretty busy for the next month, then I'm picking up FF14 in August, then new consoles in ~4 months. There was a perfect window for this game to release late last year/very early this year, and they done fucked up. At this point even if the english version does come out I think any window for me to play it has already passed, and I put literally thousands of hours into both PSO and PSU (PSO is still my favorite online game of all time). Incredibly disappointing on Sega's part.

AwRy108

Well, after months of waiting for some sort of news on an English release of this game for my Vita, I caved and bought a physical copy from a fellow GAF'er (for $30 shipped!). Should be here just in time for the 4-day weekend, so hopefully I'll see some of you online. I have two little girls, so my gaming time is sporadic these days; I apologize in advance if I'm not readily available for party play.

My 360 controller works great. I do believe during the first few steps after you launch, it asks if you want to use a controller, and which one.

Weird, I had a driver issue with my controller.

Alright I'm at the friend invite screen, so I put an Id in from someone here?

Big shout out to StarCreator for showing me the ropes. I've joined the GAF group as well.
I'm going to spend the next few hours trying to learn some of the systems as well. Loving it.

Also, anyone know how to scale the UI elements, they are pretty small when downscaled?

Top Bottom