• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

So I was just reading about the photon tree in the team room, and I'm wondering what I can do to contribute to that? Is someone looking after the tree (watering it) etc, are we getti enoug team points as there doesn't seem to be many active GAF players atm?

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
So I was just reading about the photon tree in the team room, and I'm wondering what I can do to contribute to that? Is someone looking after the tree (watering it) etc, are we getti enoug team points as there doesn't seem to be many active GAF players atm?

You can take some team client orders by the class change counter (or in the team room) and turn them in for some points daily. One thing you can do is take them along with you to get all the drops and then toss those in your storage so you can get more. It's possible to stockpile for the whole week if needed.

With our small team size any tree level upgrades past the current might be out of the question since I don't think we have enough people/doing the COs to get the points for more (and it is A LOT of points for the other upgrades). However, if you do plan on using the tree buffs it would handy if you turned them in so we can revive/water the tree if needed; since it drains some of the water each use.

You can take some team client orders by the class change counter (or in the team room) and turn them in for some points daily. One thing you can do is take them along with you to get all the drops and then toss those in your storage so you can get more. It's possible to stockpile for the whole week if needed.

With our small team size any tree level upgrades past the current might be out of the question since I don't think we have enough people/doing the COs to get the points for more (and it is A LOT of points for the other upgrades). However, if you do plan on using the tree buffs it would handy if you turned them in so we can revive/water the tree if needed; since it drains some of the water each use.

Thanks for the info, I haven't used the tree yet. I'll do as many of the team orders as I can. It's a shame GAF has dropped off from playing the game, as I'm totally into it at the moment. Started playing last week and I'm already at 30 hours ;)

I have no life ; _ ;

pso20130708_222651_00vus5n.png

1620 hours, 371000 enemies, 4260 cleared quests and 2515 incaps.

I had to level Gu from scratch too for that bingo card. In fact, I only bothered to level Ra because of a friend playing a new character and having Umbla stick did the trick.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
updates are through the update button on the game page *O*

not sure if Vita is getting Ep2
Please, don't make people confused.

Vita is getting "Episode 2". It's just a regular update provided as a patch, just a bit bigger than usual.

If you mean the exclusive PC retail version which was announced on the stream, that's just an installation dvd with a few extras.

Kyon

Banned
Please, don't make people confused.

Vita is getting "Episode 2". It's just a regular update provided as a patch, just a bit bigger than usual.

If you mean the exclusive PC retail version which was announced on the stream, that's just an installation dvd with a few extras.

im not i was just asking a question ;___;

thank you for clarifying tho

Lockon

Just got back into this game for a few weeks now. Honestly I have no idea what I should be aiming for first. Leveling up? Doing story quests/matter boards? Client orders?

Anyway, I was level 20 hunter when I left the game. Now I got my hunter to 33 and got fighter up to 31.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Subclasses will start gaining xp in one of the next updates but it will be very limied iirc.

Nope, you have to level them up by yourself, they don't gain any exp while in the sub class spot.

Subclasses will start gaining xp in one of the next updates but it will be very limied iirc.

Thanks for the info guys.

I know a lot has changed since I played PSO back in the day on dreamcast and online multiplayer games are a dime a dozen, but there is something special about this series that isn't just related to nostalgia. I'm having a blast with PSO 2, I've played with some GAFers as well as randoms, and everyone is awesome, such a great community.

Add me PSO GAF.

sutton_dagger
Ship 2

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since Episode 2 is upon us, I've decided to jump back in for a while yesterday and had a lot of fun despite playing with dr.!

In all seriousness though, I was finally able to get my FI to 59. Doubt I'll be able to do 50->60 with hunter during the weekend, but who knows.

If there are any gaffers on ship 2 who want to join the gaf team, you can tweet me during the weekend or in the evenings (JST 22:00+).

Since Episode 2 is upon us, I've decided to jump back in for a while yesterday and had a lot of fun despite playing with dr.!

In all seriousness though, I was finally able to get my FI to 59. Doubt I'll be able to do 50->60 with hunter during the weekend, but who knows.

If there are any gaffers on ship 2 who want to join the gaf team, you can tweet me during the weekend or in the evenings (JST 22:00+).

Should be pretty easy considering everything is double for the week. I ran about an hour of Advance quests starting at 60.9 and ended at 60.9 (almost a full lap).

Lockon

Hmm...I felt really dumb today. I never knew you could grind your armor units! lol After 100 hours and lvl 40+, I just saw it in player shops...If there's no player shop, I probably wouldn't have tried grinding my units!

Anyway I can't wait for episode 2 even though I haven't done most of the stuffs in the game including Time Attack, Advance Quests, Story Quests/3rd+4th matter board, and I only just unlocked Mines.

My ID and character name is Kyosuke on Ship 02

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally hit 60 with one class, despite not planning to use it as a sub for Braver, lol.
Hunter is next.
wunder, I hope you are making that twitter account as I'm writing this!

IMACOMPUTA

Hmm...I felt really dumb today. I never knew you could grind your armor units! lol After 100 hours and lvl 40+, I just saw it in player shops...If there's no player shop, I probably wouldn't have tried grinding my units!

Anyway I can't wait for episode 2 even though I haven't done most of the stuffs in the game including Time Attack, Advance Quests, Story Quests/3rd+4th matter board, and I only just unlocked Mines.

My ID and character name is Kyosuke on Ship 02

Lol. How do you grind armor units?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
character name is Nei, ship 2 of course
Remember to always (!) give your player name as well (the second name that is displayed in-game, NOT on the log in screen), because there can be multiple characters with the same name.

Edit:
I've sent you a friend request, because you're not answering to my whispers.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the whole deal with Photon Chairs?

Photon Chairs were magical chairs in PSO1, color matching to your character's section ID, that you could spontaneously generate and sit on anywhere. They were pretty neat and people would on occasion, organize races involving people sitting on chairs and moving in the chairs.

So basically, nostalgia for PSO1.

Emalde

So the NA version is effectively in limbo, awaiting death.

Can we get a petition started for SEGA to release the game to the States they promised already?

Did they ever make a promise? I'm fairly sure they merely claimed to "have plans". Those plans include sitting back and never actually bothering to localize this game because they believe it won't earn them any money. That's just as well, because Sega of America has never been particularly good at supporting the PSO series.

Just get started on the japanese version. There are more than enough resources, and even an active text patch for most of the important things.

Syril

Does anyone have videos of what he gameplay for this looks like nowadays? I've been curious, but all the videos I've found on Youube have been from the alphas and betas.

Did they ever make a promise? I'm fairly sure they merely claimed to "have plans". Those plans include sitting back and never actually bothering to localize this game because they believe it won't earn them any money. That's just as well, because Sega of America has never been particularly good at supporting the PSO series.

Just get started on the japanese version. There are more than enough resources, and even an active text patch for most of the important things.
Yeah, there was indeed an official announcement.
This delay is somewhat strange considering Universe did well for them. My bet is they now lack resources (money/people) to actually maintain a game like this.

ezodagrom

Universe did well for them.
The english PC/PS2 version of PSU reached around 50000~60000 total accounts by the end (I mean, throughout the game's life, this was the total number of accounts that were made).
The XBox 360 version, I didn't play it, so no idea, but I remember people mentioning IDs above 100 thousand, so most likely around 100000~200000.
The japanese PC/PS2 version probably reached around 250000 accounts, I remember new player IDs were over 240 thousand by the time I stopped playing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to come back in and start grinding again, but it feels so slow for the mid levels. I'll probably update tonight and jump back in.

Also, I hate the language barrier. I know the important stuff is translated, but it's nice to have full translations of all the various "stuff".

They had a playable English demo at PAX last year, so they've done at least some amount of work.

I've played the Japanese version off and on since launch but I'm only level 30. It's fun and the English patch is great, but I hate that the game isn't completely localized. That and I want to spend money on the game but would rather wait for the English version to do so...if it ever comes.

Top Bottom