• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Dizzy-4U

Can I join the GAF group? Shayera is my username.

Hey Dagger, what level are you? Maybe we can hang out together, I'm pretty new too.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Hey Dagger, what level are you? Maybe we can hang out together, I'm pretty new too.
Everyone here (and friends) can join, you just have to catch one of us when we're online or tweet/pm us. For example I'm at work atm, so I can't invite anyone.
Yeah it takes ages. I left it to update overnight.
It's not in the OP but this PSO2 tweaker program is amazing, it will download the updates (English patch and story patch) for you with a couple of clicks. Maybe it could be added to the op.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248
I'll try to add it later. The OT is around 10 chars short from the limit, so I'd have to delete some stuff.

Yeah mate, I'll try and work out how to join you :)

I'm level 3 atm. Come to block 2 in the lobby, I'll be there in 10mim, just finishing up this quest.

Foolworm

Hot diggity dogs, it's been a while since I last logged on. Anyone know if the extra exp voucher for 1 million subscribers campaign still works?

Sucks that Sega delayed the English version, but I think I'll jump back in now that all this new stuff and English story patch is available. I stopped playing since I figured I would just get the localized version, but that might not be happening anytime soon the way things are going.

My moniker is Foolworm-Foolworm-Moronica. Look forward to seeing you guys sometime!

Bungie

Played a bit of the Japan release with the English patch, I just can't get into it when I played PSU on the Xbox 360 for years & years. So I'm just going to wait & see what they do with this game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Added the update tool link to the top of the op. Had to trim the post here and there, but didn't cut anything of importance.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Why is this taking so long for a US release? Sega please make release this in NA...
Because they obviously don't care.
Translating the game shouldn't take this long.

Seriously, by know everyone who's even remotely interested in PSO2 should have downloaded the Japanese version. Especially with a software for installing the English patches available.

Seriously, by know everyone who's even remotely interested in PSO2 should have downloaded the Japanese version. Especially with a software for installing the English patches available.

I guess youre right I just dont feel like jumping thru hoops to play this. I might just have to try and do it. Seems like Sega doesn't really intend to release this overseas...

Cimarron

I tried to get on the boat but I keep failing the captcha! I have tried several tutorials to try and translate the characters but I always make mistakes or I am too slow. ;_;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I tried to get on the boat but I keep failing the captcha! I have tried several tutorials to try and translate the characters but I always make mistakes or I am too slow. ;_;
You should try the Chrome extension linked in the op. From what dr said, it's useful during the registration.

Dizzy-4U

Had a few hours with Dizzy as well, I now have a mag ;)

Loving this game. I'll be on tomorrow again if anyone wants to join me.
Cool beans. I'll be online in 4 hours if you need help with anything.

Anyways, is there any description chart for the items you get with the scratch cards? I've got 3 but have no idea what they do.

IMACOMPUTA

Is there a verdict on the Vita ver. of this game?

I bit the bullet and deleted everything off my 32gb card in order to play the digital version.

It wasn't worth it.

Not only is the framerate pretty bad at parts, but i cannot deal with the lack of english translation in menus. Perhaps once I am more familiar with the game it wont be an issue.. but i accidentally deleted my only friend in PSO2 lol.

If it were in english it would be okay imo, but i MUCH prefer playing on PC.

Cool beans. I'll be online in 4 hours if you need help with anything.

Anyways, is there any description chart for the items you get with the scratch cards? I've got 3 but have no idea what they do.

Actually is that server maintenance on today? How does that process work, I'll be booted off right?

Once it comes back online after maintence, both the English patches won't work right?

Edit: servers are down now :(

I don't think maintenance this week involved a software patch, so everything should be as normal when you start up. They just started offering preloads of the episode 2 patch starting today though, so you don't have to download the whole 5+GB at once in two weeks. You'll get an offer to download the first piece of the preload if you start the launcher now.

I don't think maintenance this week involved a software patch, so everything should be as normal when you start up. They just started offering preloads of the episode 2 patch starting today though, so you don't have to download the whole 5+GB at once in two weeks. You'll get an offer to download the first piece of the preload if you start the launcher now.

Sounds good. I was looking forward to playing it today on my day off, now I won't get a chance :(

I bit the bullet and deleted everything off my 32gb card in order to play the digital version.

It wasn't worth it.

Not only is the framerate pretty bad at parts, but i cannot deal with the lack of english translation in menus. Perhaps once I am more familiar with the game it wont be an issue.. but i accidentally deleted my only friend in PSO2 lol.

If it were in english it would be okay imo, but i MUCH prefer playing on PC.

Oh alright. I don't care so much about the English thing, but if it doesn't run well on Vita, then hmm ... I'll have to think about it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh alright. I don't care so much about the English thing, but if it doesn't run well on Vita, then hmm ... I'll have to think about it.
I've only spend around 30 hours with the Vita version, but aside from the rare framedrops in multi party areas, I'd say that the performance was really good.

So apparently there is going to be a 'tri boost event' tomorrow. Details from the psoblog.

July 4th Boost Day Event
To celebrate the initial PC release date of Phantasy Star Online 2, a Triboost event will be applied on July 4th during the course of the day.
July 4th @ 00:00 ~ 24: 00 JST
July 3rd @ 11:00 AM ~ July 4th @ 11:00 AM EDT (Converted Time)
Triboost Event: Rare Drop Boost + 50% / Rare Enemy Appearance Rate + 50% / EXP + 50%

Venfayth

aR0odaR.png

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Comes up after like 30 seconds or so when running the game. Have disabled virtually everything on my computer, made sure nothing is running besides the game, put myself in DMZ on my router. Deleted the game guard folder and had it redownload.

Restored all files to defaults with the default launcher (no english patch) and it does the same thing.

aR0odaR.png

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Comes up after like 30 seconds or so when running the game. Have disabled virtually everything on my computer, made sure nothing is running besides the game, put myself in DMZ on my router. Deleted the game guard folder and had it redownload.

Restored all files to defaults with the default launcher (no english patch) and it does the same thing.

Just did a quick search and the only thing I could find was that some programs that display FPS can cause this error. Haven't had a problem with fraps, but apparently gigabytes software can stuff it up.

Venfayth

Completely redownloaded and installed the game from scratch, it's no better. It's something that is running on my system that's making it bug out, but I can't figure out what it is.

Completely redownloaded and installed the game from scratch, it's no better. It's something that is running on my system that's making it bug out, but I can't figure out what it is.

Do you have either software that shows fps, or some antivirus running?

Maybe post a list of the processes you have running.

K.Sabot

Haha, 90% of the people in English block 20 look like they're cosplaying in a videogame.

So many terrible looking characters.

Ramune

As a Vita player, I haven't had any problems. Of course a souped up PC will wipe the floor off the Vita version, but since the Vita is the only way for me to play atm, it works well! Lack of English isn't a problem with all the documentation online. Although it helps to have a bit of knowledge of hiragana and katakana for some things.

Feel free to add me!

Player ID #: 11902584
GameHopper Unit
Character: Rabbie

BlastProcessed

Neo Member
I'm staying hopeful. Though I know it's not the case, I am hoping they are working with Sega of Japan to release Episode 2 at the same time as 1.
Yeah I know not happening. :'<

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Deciding whether I should make a waifu or a regular character is too big of a choice this early on in the game. This shit is hard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Deciding whether I should make a waifu or a regular character is too big of a choice this early on in the game. This shit is hard.
You'll be able to make a partner character later, so make her the waifu.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You'll be able to make a partner character later, so make her the waifu.

lol, good to know I guess. I'm anal about character creation regardless of who or what I'm making. Funny thing is they always look like ass anyway.

Bigdrbingo

Neo Member
Hey all, looking for some more people to play PSO2 with. I've tried getting friends into it, but none of them seem to be able to get past the style of the game and the language barrier (and trying to explain how to manually install the english patches was kind of sad...). Anyways, I'm on Ship 2 Ur, IGN is DrBingo, level 26 Ranger. Feel free to add me!

Top Bottom