• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

They had a playable English demo at PAX last year, so they've done at least some amount of work.

I've played the Japanese version off and on since launch but I'm only level 30. It's fun and the English patch is great, but I hate that the game isn't completely localized. That and I want to spend money on the game but would rather wait for the English version to do so...if it ever comes.

I'm not personally convinced that people waiting for a localized version would even be happy with it once it theoretically arrives as the series has a history of updating the localized versions either late, or simply not at all. This is particularly troublesome for a game that has content updates every two weeks - if whomever is managing the localized product can maintain or beat that update schedule it'll be fine, but historically that doesn't happen.

Zelias

Banned
I'd love an English release of the game that had up-to-date content and wasn't horribly mismanaged. I'd also love to win the lottery. I suspect the latter is more likely to happen.

I'd have thought that there would still be plenty of people prepared to put up with a lower quality of service and updates so long as they got to play on an official English server though. Maybe Sega have just annoyed so many people that they don't see a point in releasing the game in English anymore.

More likely they just care even less than they used to. Believe it or not even PSU got more attention from Sega in the West before its release than PSO2 has.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I want to come back in and start grinding again, but it feels so slow for the mid levels. I'll probably update tonight and jump back in.
Too bad you haven't played recently then. Permanent XP boost, super cheap +75% xp boosts (these are there to stay, since you only need photon spheres) plus the Border Break limited period quest, which is basically your perfect mpa with all the bosses and crazy xp. I think that 1 and 3 end with tomorrow's maintenance.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Too bad you haven't played recently then. Permanent XP boost, super cheap +75% xp boosts (these are there to stay, since you only need photon spheres) plus the Border Break limited period quest, which is basically your perfect mpa with all the bosses and crazy xp. I think that 1 and 3 end with tomorrow's maintenance.

FFS, of course. :|

ezodagrom

The boosts end tomorrow, but the Border Break quest will be around until August 7.

Foxyone

Does anyone happen to know how well PSO2 runs on a GTX 660? Given the fairly low requirements of the game, I was wondering if even a 660 could easily push 4k at 30 FPS.

Does anyone happen to know how well PSO2 runs on a GTX 660? Given the fairly low requirements of the game, I was wondering if even a 660 could easily push 4k at 30 FPS.

Not sure exactly but I'm running at 2560x1440 @ 60FPS on a 670. There is probably a way to fix the hud, but it will also scale and become really small at that res though.

Can I ask why you're looking to run at 4K?

Foxyone

Not sure exactly but I'm running at 2560x1440 @ 60FPS on a 670. There is probably a way to fix the hud, but it will also scale and become really small at that res though.

Just for a nice crisp image quality from downsampling. I suppose going to such a high res might not be necessary, although it can help for these kinds of games that don't have too many built-in AA options.

Just for a nice crisp image quality from downsampling. I suppose going to such a high res might not be necessary, although it can help for these kinds of games that don't have too many built-in AA options.

I just think 4k is overkill. I'm downsampling and it looks fantastic, plus I still get a locked 60fps. Best of both worlds running at this res.

There is a HUD scaling option in the launcher, but it might not scale quite enough to fit 4k properly with the settings supplied. Could try editing the .ini directly to see if the game takes it though.

The ladies you want to talk to to trade in photon spheres are in the second level of the shop, behind the item/armor shops. This is actually where Doodoo was set up during closed beta...

Well, that was easy. All I did was talk to her, then run around the shopping district, then all this stuff cleared itself without me actually doing anything...

pso20130717_091601_056.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
We've cleared the new field with wunder, dr and Zyru.
Was fun, one of the new darker enemies is really amazing, spreading destruction all around here.
The free field boss fight was really weird and instant deaths of 3/4 party members happened a lot.
Midboss soul adds S-ATK, R-ATK and HP while the boss soul has T and R ATK afaik.

I've added 25 new screenshots to my minus folder. Won't post them here, because I don't want to spoil anything for people that are on the media blackout, lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, do we have an OP update in the works for episode 2? Good time as any for a refresh.
Hm, I actually thought about that, but the problem is that the current op is probably around 50 characters from the character limit...
I'll listen to any ideas. As for actually making the post, nothing stands in the way to do it during next weekend.

Kyon

Banned
Hm, I actually thought about that, but the problem is that the current op is probably around 50 characters from the character limit...
I'll listen to any ideas. As for actually making the post, nothing stands in the way to do it during next weekend.

I think there should be a massive makeover tbh

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think there should be a massive makeover tbh
Again? This is the second OT I've made for this game. :<
Anyway, "Future Stuff" section aside, there are only additions to be made - new race, class, new features like the support partner. Nothing that is already in the op is really outdated.

Kyon

Banned
Anyway, "Future Stuff" section aside, there are only additions to be made - new race, class, new features like the support partner. Nothing that it's already in the op is really outdated.

Oh well then. .... Idk now (.__. )

Anyway, "Future Stuff" section aside, there are only additions to be made - new race, class, new features like the support partner. Nothing that is already in the op is really outdated.

The OP has lots of references to episode 2 that we have "no details for", talks about level caps that have long since been raised, and is repetitive on weird points (like humans being "boring"). If the character limit is a concern, it's nothing some simple editing can't solve.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The OP has lots of references to episode 2 that we have "no details for", talks about level caps that have long since been raised, and is repetitive on weird points (like humans being "boring"). If the character limit is a concern, it's nothing some simple editing can't solve.
I guess you're right. I'll update it when I have some more time, but if a bigger overhaul is required, it might take some more time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I redid the PC OP and went over the char limit. Killed some image/URL links and I was fine.
Moving Media to a second post or trimming that should get you in the clear.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Answers for the Arks Road npc's quiz are below. After talking to the npc and selecting the second option, the choices that pop up aren't the quiz. It's the quiz selection:
First quiz: 1 2 1
Second quiz: 3 1 2
Third quiz: 2 3 1 3

Ixion090

Yup, downloaded. Heard good stuff, I hope it lives up. The captcha is no big deal, though it scared me at first. I just used a list of hiraganas and copy-pasted the characteres :p

Braver + Katana is godlike.
The recovery after normal attacks is low enough to make them a viable combat option.
That is awesome.
Also, the PAs are freaking sweet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Despite my Braver being only lv 31, I finally got all the Katana/Bow techs. There are 6 for each weapon. Hope some endgame (super rare) ones will get added later.

I'll try to do a big OP overhaul during the weekend, but can't promise anything.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Op has been edited. Added information regarding EP2, trimmed the fat, deleted outdated info.
If you think I've made a mistake/forgot about something very important, please point it out!

Edit:
I've also changed the title to get more people in (thanks Kagari!).

Answers for the Arks Road npc's quiz (second option):
I. 1 2 1
II. 3 1 2
III. 2 3 1 3

Not working for me. Are you sure the choices/questions are the same for everyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, you have to select the quiz first, for some reason I thought you just did all three in sequence.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Not working for me. Are you sure the choices/questions are the same for everyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, you have to select the quiz first, for some reason I thought you just did all three in sequence.
They were the same for both Jenny and me + I've got the same order 4-5 times when testing.
Will post text answers later.

Edit:
Oh, I'll edit that later to be less confusing.

Gattuso

Why don't you ask an admin to duplicate your first post and just edit the second post as you see fit if you need more room?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this music. combined with the field stages makes this one of the most beautiful mmos ive played in a while

Top Bottom