• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

They added katanas.

They added katanas in the exact way I said "hey Sega should add katanas and make them fight like this" while I was sitting there playing PSO2 a while back.

I'm updating and playing this game, RIGHT NOW.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone who's online right now and wants to be added to the team can write their name here or tweet them to me, since I'll be online for some time.

Reknoc

My launcher doesn't work at all. It loads and then as soon as I press play it does a quick check and then nothing. At first I thought my game was just busted but I can load it through the tweaker just fine =/ I guess it's not a problem while I can still run it through the tweaker but it's a little less than ideal.

Coxy

My launcher doesn't work at all. It loads and then as soon as I press play it does a quick check and then nothing. At first I thought my game was just busted but I can load it through the tweaker just fine =/ I guess it's not a problem while I can still run it through the tweaker but it's a little less than ideal.

restart your pc?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Let me write that again - of course it's ok to share your IDs, so that people add you.

But the ID is useless after creating character - if you want people to add you/be your friends etc., write both the character name and the player name (not your login) here, because there can be multiple characters with the same name on the same ship.

Yea Braver is pretty great, especially once you start getting up there in level. I'm currently level 14 braver level 2 hunter.

Let me write that again - of course it's ok to share your IDs, so that people add you.

But the ID is useless after creating character - if you want people to add you/be your friends etc., write both the character name and the player name (not your login) here, because there can be multiple characters with the same name on the same ship.

Gotcha gotcha

Player Name: Angelus_Errare
Character Name: Oom

Uthred

Now that Episode 2 is out does that mean new players start the story from there or do they play through the Episode 1 content first?

Nonentity

I just now picked this up and started playing. Is it intentional that some weapons are usable by all classes? I found a bow on my Hunter that I could equip (and did, because it was an 8 star weapon), despite the fact I can't use any bow arts.

edit:
player: logikoma
character: non

Now that Episode 2 is out does that mean new players start the story from there or do they play through the Episode 1 content first?

Every character has to complete episode 1 before they can move on to episode 2.

I just now picked this up and started playing. Is it intentional that some weapons are usable by all classes? I found a bow on my Hunter that I could equip (and did, because it was an 8 star weapon), despite the fact I can't use any bow arts.

Yes, there are multi class weapons. Some weapon types have more multi-class options than others, but in general there are about 2-3 weapons per type that can be used regardless of class. You have to have either your main or sub class be able to use that weapon naturally in order to use any photon arts for that weapon though.

Bleh I guess I should have researched, seems I can't reset my skill tree without buying AC points. =(

Le sigh.

You could potentially wait for the next time they make significant changes to the skill tree as they typically distribute an item that resets every skill tree on a given character whenever this happens. For example, when they added the attack boost on 10 star weapons skill, reset items were sent... then sent again when they decided to rebalance fury stance the week after.

You need to finish Episode 1 matter boards before moving on to Episode 2 MBs (which haven't been out in the game yet afaik), but they tweaked drop rates such that the matters that lie along the main path are a 100% drop rate.

Anybody got opinions about a mag diet for a Braver going pure katana? Straight up S-ATK?

That works for me, mostly i just wanted to take these points outta Braver Mag due to me totally not reading it correctly. Oh well, no biggie. About to hop back on and kill stuff for phat lewtz and sweet wings.

VariantX

Think I'm just going to go ahead and apply the English patch and be done with it. Tired of waiting on Sega to even acknowledge questions about the game, let alone talk about release date or what the game would even look like at its launch. Looks like theres a ton of stuff for me to do now that EP 2 has begun.

Ixion090

Think I'm just going to go ahead and apply the English patch and be done with it. Tired of waiting on Sega to even acknowledge questions about the game, let alone talk about release date or what the game would even look like at its launch. Looks like theres a ton of stuff for me to do now that EP 2 has begun.

I started playing for the same reason. Not regretting it at all, it's completely worth it and a lot of english-speaking players are in ship 2.

VariantX

I started playing for the same reason. Not regretting it at all, it's completely worth it and a lot of english-speaking players are in ship 2.

Yeah ive already been at it for 120+ hours already and just stopped after the second set of classes were released. I guess I should start thinking about buying a new costume.

BLCKATK

Just saw the information on Episode 2. I'm definitely going to give this a try again. Haven't played since the closed beta so I'm sure its like a whole new game now.

Any tips to get started?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yow Hiragana captcha is harder than I thought...
Use the Chrome extension linked in the op or ask here. :)
Just saw the information on Episode 2. I'm definitely going to give this a try again. Haven't played since the closed beta so I'm sure its like a whole new game now.

Any tips to get started?
Be on the block for your difficulty level and go for the BB limited time quest - run around in the multiparty area and you'll level up in no time.
Try not to miss Falz.
Anyone floating around that can invite to Team GAF?
I think it's actually the best to sent a friend invite to the people in the op (you can find them from the visiophone), so that you can see when they are online once they accept.

Ixion090

Hasemo, I sent you a friend request.

Btw, just got kicked out of a party 5 seconds after I joined. If you guys didn't want anyone to go in make it private or password protected seriously.

I'm so slow, finally figured out the equipment system (armor), Didn't realize I had to hit back to see the actual stats. The entire thing confused me till that point.

And I switched to my 360 controller....I like. Had to reconfigure the button for human hands, but...I like.

Also I have 3,400 FUN points. Other than the FUN scratch is there anything else I can do with said points? Ugh times like this I wish I was more fluent in Japanese.

And lastely, Hasemo, I sent you an firend invite, some of the names in the OP can't be found (character search).

Teknoman

Alright here goes:

jJ86zVzxQ66hM.png

Feels like I can only match a few characters and then some look nothing like that hiragana text page.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'll accept all the friend requests during my lunch break at work (in 3 hours) and that's the only time I can be online until the evening, so if anyone wants an invite, prepare to be on at 1PM JST.

Ixion090

I love Koffie's client orders. They give a lot of exp, it's like a shorcut to skip grinding.

And got it, that would 11 PM in here. Welp, I'm on vacation so staying late playing is no news for me lol

someone help me out?
Y2MNhQ1.png

Here you go

とひいくい

Top Bottom