• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Invited a few people, since you now can do it from the visiphone.
We have total of 85 members now, yay!

Please try doing Team Orders if you have time, they can be taken from the girl on the right of the class change guy.
You can do the normal ones even if you're low lv.

BLCKATK

Only had enough time to do the tutorial again. Thought I'd refresh myself because I had forgotten most of the controls. Nice to see the story in english. And playing with an Xbox Controller isn't bad!

Hopefully I'll be able to get in contact with you guys tomorrow. I'll leave my info here. Character's name is ASHER, I believe my Player name is Lefeauge. I'm on Ship 2.

Tailzo

I assume nothing has been said about any western version? Be it PC, Vita or a new platform? Has Sega said anything as to why?

I came back to PSO2 about three weeks ago and joined the Gaf Team. I loved and played a ton of PSO1, and was tired of waiting on the english release of PSO2. I have been having a great time and the Gaf Team has been a lot of help so far!

Ryu Elessar: 10367407

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I assume nothing has been said about any western version? Be it PC, Vita or a new platform? Has Sega said anything as to why?
No appearance anywhere outside the PAX in the Summer last year, where it was announced.
I think a few months ago they've said it's going to be "delayed", but that's all we have.

Gattuso

When I used a Hotmail address It worked fine for me but then again that was way back during the closed beta so I don't know if anything changed in between that time if its not working now.

I'm so slow, finally figured out the equipment system (armor), Didn't realize I had to hit back to see the actual stats. The entire thing confused me till that point.

And I switched to my 360 controller....I like. Had to reconfigure the button for human hands, but...I like.

Also I have 3,400 FUN points. Other than the FUN scratch is there anything else I can do with said points? Ugh times like this I wish I was more fluent in Japanese.

And lastely, Hasemo, I sent you an firend invite, some of the names in the OP can't be found (character search).

A FUN shop was added a month or two back. It's the other guy standing in the room decoration shop, all the way downstairs main stage left (under where Franka is standing).

Veal

So even using the tweaker, I can't seem to get the game to display in English. Are the general menus supposed to be in English or just the story scenes?

So even using the tweaker, I can't seem to get the game to display in English. Are the general menus supposed to be in English or just the story scenes?

The interface patch and the story patch are two separate things. You need to have installed both.

Note that elements that are server-side, like weapon/unit/item names, cannot be translated.

Is there anyone that can help me with the captcha?

ibafkkggTcVobC.png

EDIT: Nevermind I'm a goon.

Alright I seem to have registered (got a couple emails from Sega/PSO2 admin). Now it's just a matter of waiting for this install to finish.

Been thinking about the potential of a Te/Br or Br/Te setup today. Te/Be gets the benefit of the entire enemy being covered in weak points for Weak Stance but I don't know if the Wand Gear damage bonus takes that into account. Br/Te gets Zondeel and Zanverse to help with mobbing and offsetting the lack of DPS from no Fury Stance.

Also looking at the list of available katanas, only two of them currently have S-ATK as an equip requirement. If the 10*+ Braver weapons all end up needing lots of DEX to equip then Braver Mag could end up being a wise investment down the road.

So duuuumb.

Checked my the collections storage...yea no badgers. :3 :(

I got robbed man!

It's not in the 30 slot temp storage, but the special storage where compensatory items used to go and items from alphanumeric codes still do. It's the option in storage that has a number displayed next to it now.

satori

I am itching to play this. Sorry if this have been asked before, and I am sure it has. But how is the lag for this game? I am in California. Also my wife also wants to play this and wants to start this today. I am at work for the next 2 days so I cant install it for her. Is the installation process fairly simple combine with making an acct?

Edit: never mind guys, I was able to jump on my PC at work and went through the OP. Installation seems easy enough. If not I can walk her through it during my break.

See u guys soon :)

But how is the lag for this game?

Non-existent. Lag honestly hasn't been an issue for me in many, many months.

I am in California. Also my wife also wants to play this and wants to start this today. I am at work for the next 2 days so I cant install it for her. Is the installation process fairly simple combine with making an acct?

Downloading and installing is no problem.
Account creation is a bit more demanding, as a jp captcha is involved.

satori

I was in the same boat, waiting on a western release but I cant wait any longer....Im going for my masters this fall so I need to get some gaming in before that lol.

It's never coming, it's in limbo.

It's not in the 30 slot temp storage, but the special storage where compensatory items used to go and items from alphanumeric codes still do. It's the option in storage that has a number displayed next to it now.

I know, it's not there. I also made sure to check my inventory and storage just in case I grabbed them and threw them in there. No dice. I don't even think I care really.

Soma

And after about 3 months, I've come back to this game.

Man I've gotten a lot of new stuff in my inventory since I left!

My only gripe with GameGuard was it blocked steam, but I worked around that.

I'll double check when I get home, I should have more in there now (cg on hitting lv40 Sutton!)

EDIT: Yes, it's all there for me.

Yup not there for me, but with that stated are these things even tradeable? I'd imagine not. And OMG at all that Meseta...if you totally want to donate to the working class, I'm good for it D:

Gridman

Neo Member
Hope its not too brazen of me to ask to join the team even though I'm new here.

Player Name: GridmanDelta
Character Name: Flynn

Haven't played any Phantasy Star since Portable 2. I was putting off installing this until a western release but the Episode 2 content release made me jump in now. I ended up losing track of time and spent 3 hours playing tonight just messing around with everything. This is so much fun. I plan on playing quite a bit so I figured joining in on a community would help enhance the experience. I may be low level to start but hopefully I can join some quests and get leveled up.

Okay so I finally got all of the patches installed.

The game starts up. I hear the Sega logo and what I assume is the intro screen...and then nothing.

If I close the game I hear a swishing noise. Not sure what to do next.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out why that is.

Top Bottom