• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

BLCKATK

Just finished unlocking my Mag. This game is really fun to play. Having a blast. Hoping I can get in touch with the GAF PSO2 community soon. How do I check my player ID so I can post it here?

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeps, the beach area is my favorite area in this game.

i1zrL7E1a55dA.jpg

ibq1S9DGYwWu30.jpg

iPVOd5yRH7f7f.jpg

Late yesterday night/Early this morning, did anyone play the emergency event when shit was on fire and you had to save the survivors and put out the fire? It had a special song playing in the background, one with actual lyrics. I thought the singer was familiar with his unique voice until It snapped: Takenobu Mitstuyoshi, My nigga from the Daytona 500 theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5IWvmpaNs

Only wish I could hear it clearly instead of it being 20% vol. background music

Late yesterday night/Early this morning, did anyone play the emergency event when shit was on fire and you had to save the survivors and put out the fire? It had a special song playing in the background, one with actual lyrics. I thought the singer was familiar with his unique voice until It snapped: Takenobu Mitstuyoshi, My nigga from the Daytona 500 theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5IWvmpaNs

Only wish I could hear it clearly instead of it being 20% vol. background music

Someone doesn't know Burning Rangers. Crazy.

Ala Alba

Thinking of starting this tonight.

There's a Friend Invite System in place, so be sure to use it when creating your character.

If I understand this system right, I can just use one of the IDs in the OP? Or does it require something from both players?

Thinking of starting this tonight.

If I understand this system right, I can just use one of the IDs in the OP? Or does it require something from both players?

Nope just plug the ID of any player on the same ship as you. When you or the person who's ID you used hit every 10 levels you both get a badge. You should use my ID. EVERYONE uses Keii's. >.>

Ala Alba

Nope just plug the ID of any player on the same ship as you. When you or the person who's ID you used hit every 10 levels you both get a badge. You should use my ID. EVERYONE uses Keii's. >.>

Give me your id, and I'll use it! [Got it]

Edit: Error 249 is maintenance, right? Oh, that's in 40 minutes.

Now error 617... and finally 649! Guess I'll try again tomorrow?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Added new player IDs to the OP and deleted mine.
For new people if you want a team invite write your PLAYER NAME HERE. Player name, not character name ONLY. Player name is important.

Player name (not your login). You can check boths on your Arks Card.

There's a new system in place, so it's not necessary for both parties to be online anymore.
If you leave details allowing us to invite you, it will be done.

Chucker

Added new player IDs to the OP and deleted mine.
For new people if you want a team invite write your PLAYER NAME HERE. Player name, not character name ONLY. Player name is important.

Player name (not your login). You can check boths on your Arks Card.

There's a new system in place, so it's not necessary for both parties to be online anymore.
If you leave details allowing us to invite you, it will be done.

Ooh, exciting. I'll check to see if I'm in!

My most miserable experience?

Being level 28 doing a level 33 Desert quest, then getting an emergency code to run away from a Gel Wuffy...only to get another emergency code to kill a randomly spawned Gwanadha, with yet ANOTHER emergency code to kill 15 Sparguns plus some mobs that followed me to Gwanadha. And like an idiot I only brought 2 other partners because I thought I was hot shit.

Partners were getting one shotted by Gwanadha's grab, I'm spamming dash for the invincibility frames to avoid everything until I can make sense of all the chaos unfolding. After like 30 minutes of fighting I finally killed Gwanadha and thought I was done...so I'm running to the exit only to realize I wasn't even in single party area...where I fought ANOTHER Gwanadha. After beating that one, I logged for the day.

Kokonoe

Banned

Being level 28 doing a level 33 Desert quest, then getting an emergency code to run away from a Gel Wuffy...only to get another emergency code to kill a randomly spawned Gwanadha, with yet ANOTHER emergency code to kill 15 Sparguns plus some mobs that followed me to Gwanadha. And like an idiot I only brought 2 other partners because I thought I was hot shit.

Partners were getting one shotted by Gwanadha's grab, I'm spamming dash for the invincibility frames to avoid everything until I can make sense of all the chaos unfolding. After like 30 minutes of fighting I finally killed Gwanadha and thought I was done...so I'm running to the exit only to realize I wasn't even in single party area...where I fought ANOTHER Gwanadha. After beating that one, I logged for the day.

That desert area just sucks for EQs, period. I mean it has the one where you do the gesture, and it has the one where you have to destroy the orb things, expect they are like all over the map and the area is almost like a maze, so it takes forever to get places. Of course, if everyone was focused on getting them all destroyed then there would be no problem, but alas.

Soloing a quest five levels above you is pretty much always going to be like that, regardless of location. Some people like it this way. I certainly don't, and I go out of my way to never solo anything I don't have to.

Kokonoe

Banned
Anyone know if you can use multiple mag cells? As in, if you use a mag cell to change your mag into something, can you use another to change it into something else? Or will it forever be stuck to what you changed it to?

That desert area just sucks for EQs, period. I mean it has the one where you do the gesture, and it has the one where you have to destroy the orb things, expect they are like all over the map and the area is almost like a maze, so it takes forever to get places. Of course, if everyone was focused on getting them all destroyed then there would be no problem, but alas.

Yea desert's overall looks coupled with how levels are structured in general make desert a PITA for me to navigate through without a map (which I always have on because of desert)

Soloing a quest five levels above you is pretty much always going to be like that, regardless of location. Some people like it this way. I certainly don't, and I go out of my way to never solo anything I don't have to.

True but I like love the challenge. I just wasn't expecting to be bombarded with 3 emergency codes at once.

ezodagrom

Depends on the situation and in the experience of the player, I think.
I'm soloing quests with enemies 10 levels above my own without much problem, though I guess having my subclass at the same level as my main class helps making up for the level difference.
For example, yesterday as a Dewman Braver/Techer lvl 23/23 was doing the tundra De Malmoth quest on hard (lvl 33 enemies) without problems, even found a Snow Banshee on the way. :3
I'm also gimping my equipment on purpose, using 4*~5* weapons even though I could use better, using basic light blue units even though I could use my dark wings already. ^^;

I'll double check when I get home, I should have more in there now (cg on hitting lv40 Sutton!)

EDIT: Yes, it's all there for me.

Cheers mate. I'll be on this week, I was wondering if someone could run me through some of the shops and stuff. I've been playing for 3 weeks now and I still don't know what half the stuff is. :)

Ala Alba

Why must I have so much trouble starting this game?

Finally was able to sign in and create a player id. Tried to create a character, entered someone's ID as prompted for the invite system. Clicked register.

Game hangs, I guess, because the music stops and nothing happens, despite the background still being animated. Alt-F4 still brings up the "Are you sure you want to exit?" prompt, but nothing else will happen. Tried twice now, maybe third time's the charm?

Edit: Oh, wonderful. Apparently this is caused by the latest story patch. lol

Guess I'll try again another day.

Anyone up for running time attacks? I honestly avoided them before because the path through them see really convoluted so I never took the time to learn them. But since I need more meseta, I might as well start on them. ign: MegaMegaBot I think that should be the ID.

Gridman

Neo Member
Well this was a really fun session. I'm still getting started so my character is a bit weak. Anyway my friend logged off for the night so I did some solo questing and ran into a monster I hadn't encountered before. Granted it was only a level 7 Rockbear but I was low on items and since they kept coming I figured I might be in a pinch. Didn't realize it was a multi-party area because someone else came along and helped me end it. Not a really special thing I guess but I'm not used to online gaming so that was really enjoyable. When I get invited to the team I'm looking forward to more good times like that.

Jabba

Banned
How many of you guys still play? I have two toons on the "English" speaking servers. May get back into this. Got my eye on FF XIV for PS3 and back to this. Add my PS+ subscription=set until Everquest Next.

All these rich people who can use player shop, I'm super jelly :3

How many of you guys still play? I have two toons on the "English" speaking servers. May get back into this. Got my eye on FF XIV for PS3 and back to this. Add my PS+ subscription=set until Everquest Next.

Quite a few of us are playing, just look at the post dates ;)

Gridman

Neo Member
You should really post your character and player name if you want us to send you an invite...

Sorry. I did post it here but it maybe went unnoticed because it was at the end of the page. That, and I tend to ramble a lot in my posts so it can be a pain sometimes to extract any useful information. I'll post it again just in case.

Player Name: GridmanDelta
Character Name: Flynn

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion. While I'm here I might as well ask a question that might have been asked before. When Block 20 is full, which seems to happen a lot, is there another block that English speaking players hang out on? I've been using Block 21 in those cases.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry. I did post it here but it maybe went unnoticed because it was at the end of the page. That, and I tend to ramble a lot in my posts so it can be a pain sometimes to extract any useful information. I'll post it again just in case.

Player Name: GridmanDelta
Character Name: Flynn

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion. While I'm here I might as well ask a question that might have been asked before. When Block 20 is full, which seems to happen a lot, is there another block that English speaking players hang out on? I've been using Block 21 in those cases.
Oh, you've posted it? Sorry, didn't notice. Anyway, invite sent.

I usually hang out at blocks for my difficulty level, so that I can join randoms in multi party areas if I feel like it.

If I use an evolution device on my 38 Mag, will it still go through it's second evolution? I got this Puyo evolution device but I don't want to waste if it still goes through it's second evolution into whatever my highest stat is.

Zomba13

Downloading this now. Decided to finally hop in seeing as they are at Ep2 and still no word on a release in the west.

PSO was one of my first MMOs (the other being Legend of Mir 2) and I was super hyped for this since it was announced but was waiting on an English release because surely SEGA would translate it right? (lol)

The download is super duper slow. Work progress is like 1/10 done and it's been downloading for a few hours. Checking 11169 Downloading 786.
Think I'll leave this on over night. It's cooled down here now so should be fine.

Hardest part so far was the captcha. Eventually zoomed in on the image to get a better idea of what was the actual character and what was just the line (the line stayed solid black at all zoom levels).

Dunno whether to be a Newman like I was in PSO1 or go Cast now they can be Forces (super magic roboto :D).
Braver seems cool though.
Will try everything though seeing as you can swap jobs like in FFXI and FFXIV.

Lockon

I would like an invite to GAF Team please. Both my character and player name are the same: Kyosuke.

Its taking forever to level up since I hit level 45, but I just got to 48 and kinda burn out on leveling a bit. So I'm going to through main client orders and matterboard right now.

Any hunter can recommend which weapons I should be using/farming? I have been using this sword ブリザックス since late 30s, and I'm using Red Wired Lance and Red Partisan. I want to get a light attribute weapon since I only have fire, ice, and lighting right now.

Gridman

Neo Member
Pics from last night's team GAF MPA runs, lots of new faces. :)

Good times. Thanks to everyone from last night, I jumped up to level 18 quickly. Now to decide how I want to set up my Braver build. Also trying to decide what to sub with it. Ranger has a few skills that might go well with the bullet bow like Standing Snipe and Weak Hit Advance. That could go well with Weak Stance. Hunter has Fury Stance which sounds nice if I understand it right. Or I could go Force. Anyone have any thoughts?

You should really post your character and player name if you want us to send you an invite...

I would like an invite as well!

Player name: MisterSalmon
Character Name: サリヴェツラ

Recently, I've been getting back into PSO2 after leaving it once Sega announced an english version, but after this year's E3, I gave up and came back. So it would be great if I could play with some Gaffers. Thanks!

Top Bottom