• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Aomber

Way too addicted to this game, been like half a week of playing and I'm already a level 30 hunter. It's just so awesome... The whole multi party thing and the spontaneity of missions. Like I'll be doing forest exploration and outta nowhere a boss pops up, then in the middle of that fight ANOTHER GOD DAMN BOSS shows up. So ridiculously awesome.

My only complaint is that the game is a bit easy. I've been hearing this a lot and I can definitely agree with it, I feel like I'm only occasionally challenged, and the game punishes you instead of rewards you for challenging yourself. Like if you wanna do a mission that's way higher level than you are, you actually get way less exp than you would doing a mission at your level due to exp penalties, so obviously there's no inclination to challenge yourself like that. It's kinda frustrating but not something that ruins my enjoyment of the game by any means.

Anyway I started the fighter client order line and I should have my fighter license tomorrow. I think I'm gonna main fighter, not sure yet since I haven't played it but from what I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. I'm also gonna work on a katana braver on this character so he'll be my full out melee character, and I'm saving the ranged and technic classes for alts.

PS. Dragon Ex is a pain in the ass.

Starviper

Just started playing. Really enjoying how fluid the gameplay is now, and the 3rd person mode makes it feel like an action game which is fantastically fun. It'd be really great if I could get some of my friends to play.

I'm Starviper in game, should be on the right block/ship if someone here could invite me.

Using the over the shoulder cam as my ranger is mad fun, if I run a long distance or around the ark then I use the regular camera but for shooting, up close seems to best to me.

ezodagrom

Way too addicted to this game, been like half a week of playing and I'm already a level 30 hunter. It's just so awesome... The whole multi party thing and the spontaneity of missions. Like I'll be doing forest exploration and outta nowhere a boss pops up, then in the middle of that fight ANOTHER GOD DAMN BOSS shows up. So ridiculously awesome.

My only complaint is that the game is a bit easy. I've been hearing this a lot and I can definitely agree with it, I feel like I'm only occasionally challenged, and the game punishes you instead of rewards you for challenging yourself. Like if you wanna do a mission that's way higher level than you are, you actually get way less exp than you would doing a mission at your level due to exp penalties, so obviously there's no inclination to challenge yourself like that. It's kinda frustrating but not something that ruins my enjoyment of the game by any means.

Anyway I started the fighter client order line and I should have my fighter license tomorrow. I think I'm gonna main fighter, not sure yet since I haven't played it but from what I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. I'm also gonna work on a katana braver on this character so he'll be my full out melee character, and I'm saving the ranged and technic classes for alts.

PS. Dragon Ex is a pain in the ass.
Enemies start becoming more aggressive in the Advance Quests (require lvl 45), some of them are a bit faster there, and there's some noticeable differences in bosses (especially Big Vardha).
The new difficulty mode that is being released in October, Super Hard Mode, according to what was found through datamining several months ago, some enemies (I hope all of them) will have modified behaviour and new attacks,

About the exp penalty, thankfully they made it alot more bearable with the release of Episode 2. Before Episode 2 the penalty started with enemies 5 levels above the player (for example, a lvl 20 player would receive a penalty from lvl 25 enemies), but now the penalty starts with enemies 11 levels above the player (now a lvl 20 player receives a penalty from lvl 31+ enemies only).

PSO2 is a lot slower to get really hard as it's built much more as a MMO then PSO ever was, it's still no where as bad as a lot of shit mmf's out there IMO.

Today I was running the free caves and bumped into what looked like a gundam, second time I have gone against it. It's nice that PSO2 doesn't take itself too seriously and throws in these fun but awesome things.

The big head rappies still freak me out a bit but they drop me grinders so all is good.

Aomber

Enemies start becoming more aggressive in the Advance Quests (require lvl 45), some of them are a bit faster there, and there's some noticeable differences in bosses (especially Big Vardha).
The new difficulty mode that is being released in October, Super Hard Mode, according to what was found through datamining several months ago, some enemies (I hope all of them) will have modified behaviour and new attacks,

About the exp penalty, thankfully they made it alot more bearable with the release of Episode 2. Before Episode 2 the penalty started with enemies 5 levels above the player (for example, a lvl 20 player would receive a penalty from lvl 25 enemies), but now the penalty starts with enemies 11 levels above the player (now a lvl 20 player receives a penalty from lvl 31+ enemies only).
Interesting, that's good to hear. It's good that the difficulty picks up, I'm okay with it being easy right now since I'm just really leveling up and stuff but yeah I was more concerned about later in the game.

PSO2 is a lot slower to get really hard as it's built much more as a MMO then PSO ever was, it's still no where as bad as a lot of shit mmf's out there IMO.

Today I was running the free caves and bumped into what looked like a gundam, second time I have gone against it. It's nice that PSO2 doesn't take itself too seriously and throws in these fun but awesome things.

The big head rappies still freak me out a bit but they drop me grinders so all is good.

I think I fought that thing too, I forgot what it was called but it kicked my ass. Dude was speedy as hell. I guess it's not fair for me to say the entire game is too easy, it does throw some challenges at me right now, but it's good to hear it picks up

VariantX

Interesting, that's good to hear. It's good that the difficulty picks up, I'm okay with it being easy right now since I'm just really leveling up and stuff but yeah I was more concerned about later in the game.

I think I fought that thing too, I forgot what it was called but it kicked my ass. Dude was speedy as hell

Cougar NX from BorderBreak. Ran into it for the first time during beach wars this weekend. Showed up again this morning on VHard caves, needless to say, I wanted to avoid fighting it as I was just there trying to farm to unlock Deband Drink EX. Emegency quest pops up in the middle of my getaway, and wouldn't you know it, its the barrier one. Now im trapped in a small box with this thing that can pretty much mow me down in 2-3 hits.

Aomber

Cougar NX from BorderBreak. Ran into it for the first time during beach wars this weekend. Showed up again this morning on VHard caves, needless to say, I wanted to avoid fighting it as I was just there trying to farm to unlock Deband Drink EX. Emegency quest pops up in the middle of my getaway, and wouldn't you know it, its the barrier one. Now im trapped in a small box with this thing that can pretty much mow me down in 2-3 hits.

Yeah that's him, fuck that guy hahaha.

Also god damn that dark falz emergency quest gives a nice load of exp. I went from 10-14 fighter just from doing that over and over while I could with a group

Aomber

Got to level 18 fighter, started at level 1 this afternoon. Think ima try to aim for 20 tonight. <--- Edit: Scratch that. I got too lazy =P

Also getting a new 32 inch samsung TV for my dorm room which will be perfect for the times that I wanna sit back in a comfy chair or my bed and play PSO2 with my 360 controller. Can't sit very far without being able to see properly with my 24 inch monitor unfortunately.

Parfait

Good lord. I finally unlocked gunner, so, so good.

The flipping is ridiculous, the PAs are amazing, the damage so fine. So, so fine.

Now to unlock fighter!

Anyone run into trouble with the second beach mission? I got a code destruction towards the end but none of the enemies showed up and I only had 1:30m so I failed it automatically.

Alright, looking for something to scratch that MMO itch, and figure this will also help keep up the Japanese reading ability which is degrading at the moment. Got the download started and such.

If that invite a friend stuff is still worth doing, hit me up with a PM. Will be rolling on 02.

Alright, looking for something to scratch that MMO itch, and figure this will also help keep up the Japanese reading ability which is degrading at the moment. Got the download started and such.

If that invite a friend stuff is still worth doing, hit me up with a PM. Will be rolling on 02.

It's always worth doing, both you and the person whose ID you use benefit. Everything you need to know is in the OP; it has to be done before you make your first character.

Kokonoe

Banned
:OOOOOOO

I have two 1 day premium tickets, this is nice cause I've been using shop passes instead so now I can trade in these ten star units for passes. woo.

While my game patches I have a mag question, is it possible to own more then one mag or is that something locked behind real cash? My mag is becoming a hybrid of shooting and tech but I just wonder for the future.

While my game patches I have a mag question, is it possible to own more then one mag or is that something locked behind real cash? My mag is becoming a hybrid of shooting and tech but I just wonder for the future.

I believe you can have up to three mags, but opening the slots after the first require Additional Mag tickets. 300AC a pop, IIRC.

Aomber

Does anyone feel like this game has limited long term appeal? Now that I've finished all the new content it's thrown at me (round just before I hit 30 hunter) I just feel like it's grindy and repetitive, missions don't have enough variety and the difficulty is still a concern, even doing missions 10 levels above me I just smack things down with a single PA. I know they're supposed to be adding a more challenging difficulty and all that, but I don't know how much I wanna do this to get to that point... It just feels like there's other MMOs with some similar features that do what PSO2 does better, which sucks because the game is really fun

Fou-Lu

So, for some unknown reason when I start the game all I get is a black screen, still have the audio of the opening though. How do I fix it?

Does anyone feel like this game has limited long term appeal? Now that I've finished all the new content it's thrown at me (round just before I hit 30 hunter) I just feel like it's grindy and repetitive, missions don't have enough variety and the difficulty is still a concern, even doing missions 10 levels above me I just smack things down with a single PA. I know they're supposed to be adding a more challenging difficulty and all that, but I don't know how much I wanna do this to get to that point... It just feels like there's other MMOs with some similar features that do what PSO2 does better, which sucks because the game is really fun

At least 1900 hours on my account and I'm not bored yet. I also make it a point not to play alone, so there's that.

It sounds like you've been binging so you're naturally going to get tired of it quickly. Don't burn yourself out too fast now.

Aomber

At least 1900 hours on my account and I'm not bored yet. I also make it a point not to play alone, so there's that.

It sounds like you've been binging so you're naturally going to get tired of it quickly. Don't burn yourself out too fast now.

I guess you're right, just been playing the game too much, I'm going to college now anyway so I'll have less time to play which will probably be better in terms of my interest in the game

Also gonna be playing more GW2 and stuff so that should change things up

Sometimes, I kinda wish there were other activities to do other than killing enemies. It's still fun but it can get old after awhile.

Wonko_C

Sometimes, I kinda wish there were other activities to do other than killing enemies. It's still fun but it can get old after awhile.

Well, we could always take breaks and make meetings in the team room, use the chairs, chat with lobby actions and cut-ins... all that cool stuff that they always show in promotional screenshots but never in real play. It's really not practical with all the menus and keyboard shortcuts to learn, I know.

Parfait

xuwHG2R.jpg

YTEJEcK.jpg

YTEJEcK.jpg

Beach Wars + PSE Orgasmburst == Crazy Chaos i love it

I love it so much.

SO MUCH.

Parfait

I want to get that and some other megid techs but oh my god so expensive, I'll literally never have nafoie unless I get a dedicated taco force going on. And I still only have TACO's up to the 4th one, none of the rest that people seem to do.

ShinMaruku

Only TACO that takes time is the volcano one but I love that one because it give me the excuse to put my characters in Bikinis XD

Kokonoe

Banned

This is actually a genuine complaint I have with the game. I've dumped a considerable amount of cash into scratch tickets, have all types of hairstyles and clothes, I've played practically everything, but there isn't enough to do besides killing stuff and dressing up your character. I really hope they start adding some real deal end-game content. I could have been max level months ago, but I just don't see the point of hitting max level so I've been leveling up a ton of other classes to give me something to do.

I do like PSO2 myself, it just really could use some end-game content.

Sega just keeps consistently underestimating how quickly people are able to power through content, and how little tolerance people have towards their artificial barriers. Remember the old 40+ EXP curve?

Was it this bad when PSO1 first came out? The level cap then was 100 with no Ultimate mode until ver2 came out. Nowadays you can reach that limit in a week just spamming TTF.

This is actually a genuine complaint I have with the game. I've dumped a considerable amount of cash into scratch tickets, have all types of hairstyles and clothes, I've played practically everything, but there isn't enough to do besides killing stuff and dressing up your character. I really hope they start adding some real deal end-game content. I could have been max level months ago, but I just don't see the point of hitting max level so I've been leveling up a ton of other classes to give me something to do.

I do like PSO2 myself, it just really could use some end-game content.

Are you high enough level to run Advance Quests and Extreme Quests?

Also, the episode 2 updates have just begun. I'd expect more fields and matterboard story events to come out over the next few months at a regular pace, since that's what they did with episode 1 over the first 8 or so months.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member

Never forget! To be honest, even though people say the game updates a lot...it feel like it's more quantity over quality a majority of the time because a bulk of the updates are the usual 2 monthly scratches (since it's what makes people throw their money at sega for) and the seasonal emergency of circling with MPA in a different shade of color.

Biggest update for me was probably the inclusion of fi/gu/te+subclasses and the addition of adv quests. :/

Also, the fights are really only hard if you intentionally let it be or maybe play solo (?). The enemies in all quest types still drop dead the moment they spawn in n/h/vh, as they did over a year ago; and all we ever see are enemy nerfs lol. (sanctum miniboss/vol dragon story quest/sharks)

Good runs yesterday. I also managed to unlock gunner.

Does anyone have any tips for class? Like what am I supposed to be using that shift flip for since it doesn't seem to have any i frames.

Top Bottom