• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Aomber

Sega can have lots of my money if they bring out an English version
QCOX6Ps.png

They are. The sad part is it's for SEA and not North America, lol.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?485878-PSO2-is-confirmed-for-South-East-Asia-in-English&

Wonko_C

On that same forum I read a post about this newish interview and they talk briefly about the status of western PSO2:

"The business models are changing every day, and free-to-play is something we are excited about; at GDC we announced Total War Arena, and then in Japan we are seeing huge success with Phantasy Star Online 2. Phantasy Star is free-to-play on PC and Vita, and doing very well on Vita in Japan. We will bring that game to the Western market at some point."

"at some point", LOL. To those on the fence: Stop hurting yourselves and jump ship (2) already!

Aomber

On that same forum I read a post about this newish interview and they talk briefly about the status of western PSO2:

"at some point", LOL. To those on the fence: Stop hurting yourselves and jump ship (2) already!

I think what I'm concerned about if the NA version were to come out would be that they might not keep it up to date with the Japanese version. Definitely not unheard of.

I'll import the SEA release, I guess. I'll double dip if the NA release ever materializes. I'm able to earn trophies in UK versions of New Little King's Story and Epic Mickey 2, but can't in the JPN Dokuro. Don't know if that's standard or if it's because Dokuro was used.

I'll import the SEA release, I guess. I'll double dip if the NA release ever materializes. I'm able to earn trophies in UK versions of New Little King's Story and Epic Mickey 2, but can't in the JPN Dokuro. Don't know if that's standard or if it's because Dokuro was used.

You'd be better off sticking with the JP servers. There's quite a large number of English speaking players on Ship02 here (almost uncomfortably so for being a supposedly Japanese only game). Any other server launching in the future is simply doomed to be behind on content (or missing content completely).

Aomber

You'd be better off sticking with the JP servers. There's quite a large number of English speaking players on Ship02 here (almost uncomfortably so for being a supposedly Japanese only game). Any other server launching in the future is simply doomed to be behind on content (or missing content completely).

Honestly most of the time it doesn't even feel like I'm playing a japanese game because there's so many english players lmao

LOL SEA will get PSO2 before US. Hilarious.

According to Planにすべてが起こっている。

「翻訳者のノート: Plan = 計画通り」

(The meme totally doesn't work as well Japanese to English)

How do you use the webmoney card code? I got it on playasia and put it into PSO2 and it didnt work.

I tried paying using webmoney and it directed me to the site but I selected the wrong amount and now its saying that I have to try again later or something, on the sega site. Is there a guide? Do I need to make an account on web money? I got the card from playasia

ezodagrom

I think what I'm concerned about if the NA version were to come out would be that they might not keep it up to date with the Japanese version. Definitely not unheard of.
They couldn't even deliver updates for the english version of PSU at the same pace the japanese version got them, at launch there was just a 2 months gap between the japanese and english versions, by the end the gap was over 1 year and half.

I would actually be surprised if the english version of PSO2 launches with more content than what the japanese version had at launch (1 year ago).

Really Sega's best bet would be to simply take the english content data from the SEA version, apply it to the Japanese version and release that as an "English version" and add more ships and simply designate those ships as the English ships, open up a small PSO2 portal page and allow direct payment through them once again for NA/SEA players.

Aomber

Really Sega's best bet would be to simply take the english content data from the SEA version, apply it to the Japanese version and release that as an "English version" and add more ships and simply designate those ships as the English ships, open up a small PSO2 portal page and allow direct payment through them once again for NA/SEA players.

They're probably planning to do something similar to this to be honest. Might be the reason why they're releasing the SEA version first

Wonko_C

They're probably planning to do something similar to this to be honest. Might be the reason why they're releasing the SEA version first

Let's hope so, people who want an English version shouldn't have to start back from scratch if it happens. Though Sega of Japan would have to issue their content updates simultaneously in two languages then, and who knows how feasible would that be.

Aomber

Let's hope so, people who want an English version shouldn't have to start back from scratch if it happens. Though Sega of Japan would have to issue their content updates simultaneously in two languages then, and who knows how feasible would that be.

On rare occasions I've heard of people being able to transfer their characters from one version to another. But that's usually only if there's a change in publisher or something

Most likely a lot of back end business shit getting in the way of simply adding english to the JP version, something silly that men in suits will shake their head at around a table, always the way.

I'm always afraid to start talking on ship 2 because I don't want to get banned lol

ezodagrom

Something I just noticed in the first post:
It's also important to note that the emergencies are only accessible for 30 minutes but can also happen every 30 minutes.
While EQs can be accessible for 30 minutes, they can't happen every 30 minutes. Random EQs can only happen at the start of an hour.

ShinMaruku

Oh just recently found this on gaf. I'm on ship 2 on my 2 characters (Hunter/Fighter and Force/Techer)
Not on a team of course.

Aomber

Most likely a lot of back end business shit getting in the way of simply adding english to the JP version, something silly that men in suits will shake their head at around a table, always the way.

I'm always afraid to start talking on ship 2 because I don't want to get banned lol

I wouldn't worry about it, block 20 is always filled with people openly chatting with others

Aomber

Time to stock up on those TACO's. Just don't buy the AC scratch tickets.

Yeah I was gonna do Taco's heard that's sick money. What level are you able to do it at? I'm 25 atm

Also, unrelated question: Is there really any point in making multiple characters for different classes or should I just stick with one?

ezodagrom

Yeah I was gonna do Taco's heard that's sick money. What level are you able to do it at? I'm 25 atm

Also, unrelated question: Is there really any point in making multiple characters for different classes or should I just stick with one?
TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders), before you can do them you have to unlock the time attack quests.
The TAs are unlocked when you complete the 3rd quest (the quest that ends in a mini boss) of each area from Tundra to Sanctum (Tundra, Tunnels, Floating Continent, Ruins, Sanctum).

Once you have the TAs unlocked, you can do COs in any difficulty you have unlocked. In normal mode you can get 155k meseta from completing the 5 COs, in hard mode you can get 305k, and in very hard mode you get 500k.

A note, 3 of the TA quests (Naberius, Lillipa and Amduscia) have certain shortcuts, so if possible try to do them with someone who can teach you the basics of these quests.
The 2 other TAs, Naberius II and Sanctum, are rather linear and straightforward, so there's nothing much to learn about them.

For your second question, there's a few advantages to using different characters for different classes, like, not having to be always switching equipment when using different classes, with an extra character you get a mag for that character, so you can costumize the mag for the classes you'll use in that character, and in a new character you have to unlock everything from the beginning, with this you have access to Koffie COs that unlock areas, which speeds up leveling up early on.

Aomber

TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders), before you can do them you have to unlock the time attack quests.
The TAs are unlocked when you complete the 3rd quest (the quest that ends in a mini boss) of each area from Tundra to Sanctum (Tundra, Tunnels, Floating Continent, Ruins, Sanctum).

Once you have the TAs unlocked, you can do COs in any difficulty you have unlocked. In normal mode you can get 155k meseta from completing the 5 COs, in hard mode you can get 305k, and in very hard mode you get 500k.

A note, 3 of the TA quests (Naberius, Lillipa and Amduscia) have certain shortcuts, so if possible try to do them with someone who can teach you the basics of these quests.
The 2 other TAs, Naberius II and Sanctum, are rather linear and straightforward, so there's nothing much to learn about them.

For your second question, there's a few advantages to using different characters for different classes, like, not having to be always switching equipment when using different classes, with an extra character you get a mag for that character, so you can costumize the mag for the classes you'll use in that character, and in a new character you have to unlock everything from the beginning, with this you have access to Koffie COs that unlock areas, which speeds up leveling up early on.

Gotcha, I'm on Floating Continent at the moment so I should unlock them all fairly soon. I actually have a couple of them already so that's pretty sweet.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. That's good cause I like having different characters and all. Thanks for your answer

I have another question, I'm gonna be 30 hunter pretty soon and I'm probably going fighter/hunter. Is there a difference between which is your primary and which is your sub?

Would like to do some TACOs myself.
Money is definitely my main issue right now. Not having the funds to change outfits every hour doesn't sit well with me.

(Not right now because sleep)

Level 40 now.

ezodagrom

I have another question, I'm gonna be 30 hunter pretty soon and I'm probably going fighter/hunter. Is there a difference between which is your primary and which is your sub?
Yeah, there are differences, but you can switch main class and subclass whenever you want.

Your level is the main class level, so if you're playing as fighter, you'll be lvl 1 at first. You do get a boost in stats when you have a subclass though, 20% of your subclass stats are added to your main class.

You get access to the subclass skill tree skills, this is nice for certain skills like the stances. While you can't use your main class stances together (for example, you can't use hunter's fury stance and guard stance at the same time), you can use stances from different classes together (you can use hunter's fury stance and fighter's brave stance together).

You get access to your subclass photon arts, but, you don't get access to the subclass weapons. So, if you're using fighter as main class and hunter as subclass, you don't get access to swords, partisans and wired lances, unless you use "all class" versions of those (like the sword Lambda Arisitin).
As it is now, this system is awful, there's some weapon types that have no decent affordable all class weapons at all.

Played a few more hours today and unlocked Desert, feel like i'm progressing at an ok speed now after a slow slump getting used to the game again.

Is it impossible for a human ranger to use any tech skills like you could in PSO1? or do I need a wand style weapon to do so? :(

*edit* ah wait, if I was to be a force as my sub class I can use tech?

I wouldn't worry about it, block 20 is always filled with people openly chatting with others

I should visit block 20 more often then, I am always on ship 2 but never think about which block to go to.

Played a few more hours today and unlocked Desert, feel like i'm progressing at an ok speed now after a slow slump getting used to the game again.

Is it impossible for a human ranger to use any tech skills like you could in PSO1? or do I need a wand style weapon to do so? :(

I should visit block 20 more often then, I am always on ship 2 but never think about which block to go to.

You can only use your subclass' PA if you equip an "all class" tech weapon (wand, staff, tailsman)

Aww that kind of blows, I know tech in PSO was sort of broken as it was quite strong even for non forces but it was still nice to have, I was hoping to get access to a low level resta and AoE attacks as I shoot things in the face.

ezodagrom

You can only use your subclass' PA if you equip an "all class" tech weapon (wand, staff, tailsman)
That's not correct for technics. A player that has force or techer as subclass can put techs in the subpalette (the numbered bar) and use them from there, doesn't matter which weapon is equiped.

Aomber

Yeah, there are differences, but you can switch main class and subclass whenever you want.

Your level is the main class level, so if you're playing as fighter, you'll be lvl 1 at first. You do get a boost in stats when you have a subclass though, 20% of your subclass stats are added to your main class.

You get access to the subclass skill tree skills, this is nice for certain skills like the stances. While you can't use your main class stances together (for example, you can't use hunter's fury stance and guard stance at the same time), you can use stances from different classes together (you can use hunter's fury stance and fighter's brave stance together).

You get access to your subclass photon arts, but, you don't get access to the subclass weapons. So, if you're using fighter as main class and hunter as subclass, you don't get access to swords, partisans and wired lances, unless you use "all class" versions of those (like the sword Lambda Arisitin).
As it is now, this system is awful, there's some weapon types that have no decent affordable all class weapons at all.
Gotcha, makes sense. I didn't know how much the stats applied from the subclasses nor did I know you couldn't use subclass weapons. Interesting, thanks again

Yeah it's really not a concern at all, SEGA is aware there are plenty of English players on the game already. As long as everyone behaves themselves generally (ex there aren't rampant cheaters/hackers) they don't have any reason to block us out. If they wanted to they would have put IP restrictions on the game

haikira

Played this a little around release and it seemed awesome, but I was just a little put off by the language barrier, but want to give it another shot now. I'm not concerned about other players, as I already know there's a decent English speaking community and I also intend to drag a few friends with me, who also enjoyed PSO. What I want to know is, with the fan mods, how are quest descriptions, items and other necessities? Also, how easy are they to install?

I did not know this. Damn.

Played this a little around release and it seemed awesome, but I was just a little put off by the language barrier, but want to give it another shot now. I'm not concerned about other players, as I already know there's a decent English speaking community and I also intend to drag a few friends with me, who also enjoyed PSO. What I want to know is, with the fan mods, how are quest descriptions, items and other necessities? Also, how easy are they to install?

I stopped playing quite a while back but i'm back into playing due to the patches, they really help you get around the menus quicker and the item translation is a nice plus but not really needed as most icon images look like the regular pso stuff, trimates, grinders, weapons and so forth.

The story patch is still on going I think, only about 20% of the story I have seen so far is english with it installed but it's better then nothing.

Download the PSOTweaker from the OP or psoworld and run the game through that, it's rather good and simple.

Aomber

Pretty much all the necessities are there, at this point it's really only minor things that haven't been translated yet.

Kokonoe

Banned
Anyone know what's useful about Half Dolls/Scapedolls in this? I have a few in my storage, but the only use I can really think of me actually using them would be solo play.

Do they have other uses? I haven't done Extreme Quests yet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
lol

Well, yeah. Although, there isn't really a moment you need to revive yourself that someone else can't just do for you besides solo play.
Yeah, at the moment they're basically meant for solo play as your teammates can resurrect you.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
All righty then. I suppose I'll stop being scarce with them.
On the other hand, you can get Scape Dolls by paying real money and Half Dolls are distributed scarcely, so I would leave them for times when you REALLY need them.

Caves dragon is amazing to fight solo, he really pushes to hit you unlike the PSO dragon which you can avoid extremely easily.

I really like that in free stages you can encounter a mini boss out of no where and have to fight it, keeps you on your toes especially if you are slightly under leveled for an area.

Love this game.

Caves dragon is amazing to fight solo, he really pushes to hit you unlike the PSO dragon which you can avoid extremely easily.

I really like that in free stages you can encounter a mini boss out of no where and have to fight it, keeps you on your toes especially if you are slightly under leveled for an area.

Love this game.

Speaking of mini bosses, I got attacked by 15 in one stage once...most I beat solo...that took too much time lol.

Aomber

Guys, what's the easiest way to buy currency for someone with an incompatible CC? I would like to change my character's server to Ship 2.

Guides for purchasing AC through WebMoney -> 1, 2 (use them together)

As you've discovered, unfortunately they don't accept non-Japanese CC's directly so you have to go through a few loops to go about getting it.

By the way I still need an invite to the GAF team if anyone who can invite is available, I'll be on most of today. Thanks :)

Player ID: Aomber
Character name: HalfJoked

haikira

I stopped playing quite a while back but i'm back into playing due to the patches, they really help you get around the menus quicker and the item translation is a nice plus but not really needed as most icon images look like the regular pso stuff, trimates, grinders, weapons and so forth.

The story patch is still on going I think, only about 20% of the story I have seen so far is english with it installed but it's better then nothing.

Download the PSOTweaker from the OP or psoworld and run the game through that, it's rather good and simple.

Pretty much all the necessities are there, at this point it's really only minor things that haven't been translated yet.

Cheers guys. Think when I get some time soon, I'm going to jump back in and drag a few friends with me.

Top Bottom