• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Kokonoe

Banned
Whoa....

I just picked up Namegid level 10 for 420k. You can get level 8s for like 80k. It's gone down in price tremendously.

White Day continues to deliver.

A couple 10* units and my first 10* weapon.

i2HwdJb4TjWxc.jpg

(I still hate Umblla)

It would have been hilarious if the White Day EQ took place in the city except it isn't half destroyed and the skies are lit up by a giant disco ball.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw apparently the latest update goes deleting files from ones PC. Folks in Japan are freaking out about it according to my buddy that keeps an eye on things.

Hilarious bit too is it tries to delete files from FFXIV directory also.

Btw apparently the latest update goes deleting files from ones PC. Folks in Japan are freaking out about it according to my buddy that keeps an eye on things.

Hilarious bit too is it tries to delete files from FFXIV directory also.

Fine timing, just when they give us a new field to play in.

Apparently the conditions for fuckups occur when you do all the following
1) Install to a non-default drive or directory
2) Do the precedes
3) Patch normally afterwards

Apparently the conditions for fuckups occur when you do all the following
1) Install to a non-default drive or directory
2) Do the precedes
3) Patch normally afterwards

I'm installed in the default location and I was out of town for PAX all weekend so I couldn't do any of the precedes. Am I safe?

Also, lol at bumped:
Other Changes
  • Removed Final Fantasy XIV and other games you don’t need to play from your hard drive.

Smooth move Sega.

Downloading the patch now (via PSOtweaker). Hopefully everything is straight.
edit: My ethernet cable should arrive today so I can finally dump wireless. These download speeds are killing me.

Anyone else having problems with GameGuard?

I've installed all the patches but keep getting booted out. I checked and I don't think I have a firewall up.
EDIT: I'm not exactly sure what counts as a firewall. I was running the game just fine before.

EDIT x2: Looked up some stuff and apparently GameGuard is (unsurprisingly) a pile of shit.

Soma

Yeah GameGuard was being stupid but I reinstalled PSO2 Tweaker and attempted to fix it via the Troubleshooting tab.

Seemed to fix it except now when starting up the game, it's stuck on the endless blue portal after choosing my character :|

Yeah GameGuard was being stupid but I reinstalled PSO2 Tweaker and attempted to fix it via the Troubleshooting tab.

Seemed to fix it except now when starting up the game, it's stuck on the endless blue portal after choosing my character :|

Oh no. Maybe something is going down on Japan's end.

Soma

Okay apparently the Loading Screen issue is with the tweaker itself. There's a glitch with the large files patch.

Gonna test it out without that patch later when I get the chance.

Okay apparently the Loading Screen issue is with the tweaker itself. There's a glitch with the large files patch.

Yeah I ran the troubleshooters and got stuck with the same loading screen issue.
Trying the JP launcher but now it's checking all of my files...wtf?

EDIT: Game runs fine. Now if only the large files worked so I could play with the english patch.

Gattuso

I can't even play the game anymore it seems. GameGuard has received an error each and every time it tries to update itself. Is there anything that could be causing this?

Just got back from work after patching last night to find that PSO2 nuked... something and destroyed my desktop. Luckily I had a system restore point from two days ago so things seem normal so far.

I can't even play the game anymore it seems. GameGuard has received an error each and every time it tries to update itself. Is there anything that could be causing this?

Go into your Sega/PSO2 folder and inside there is a Game Guard folder. Delete it, then run PSO2 and it'll download / update itself but this time it will work. I was having the same problem. Did that and boom. Worked perfectly.

As for the rest of this update, some of these changes are interesting. This new synthesizer one for instance. I like being able to use the same rarity and I like the giant increase of 10 if you use a weapon of the same name. But using same rarity and type.. they get really huge in the number you need so make sure you guys are stockpiling those.

I feel as if I'm the self-proclaimed king of Space Tunas. I had about 20 spares of these things. And that was after grinding the first one to 50 elemental affinity and even wasting my photons to unlock the potential of that Space Tuna. Why..? ...I dunno. Ended up getting my Freeze Tuna to +10 and was able to use most of my spares to work the Elemental up, but it cost me around 150 synthesizers. And I'm only up to 41 now. Though I did use my second Freeze Tuna to get +10.. so I am liking that.. even if it did cost 21 or so synthesizers.

Gattuso

Go into your Sega/PSO2 folder and inside there is a Game Guard folder. Delete it, then run PSO2 and it'll download / update itself but this time it will work. I was having the same problem. Did that and boom. Worked perfectly.

Thanks, finally up and running again.

Was feeling lazy and bought a Dagash Talis +10 for 3.1m that had Elder Soul + Tech3 + Stamina 3 on it. Need to do a potential unlock on it though.

That's one thing I have to give the PSO2 credit for. They sure try to give compensation for even the shortest of downtimes or anything that goes wrong. In this case, yeah makes sense they're going to want some proof since well... since they're offering bout 50 bucks.

But even the tiniest thing they like to give credit for I noticed. Server down for 5 minutes. Have a booster, this broke? We'll give you some grinders. Other MMOs would just pretty much shrug and be like deal with it.

Edit: Okay, is anyone else's Support Partner just really failing missions left and right now? My current guy just can't get anything accomplished anymore.

Maybe my lucky streak is over there then. My partner use to be so good at taking the bosses down. Granted back when he was.. level... 1 he failed the bosses all the time. But now that he's like.. 44-ish he struggles with the Rockbear now. Poor cast.

Decided to make a new character (wanted a Force who does nothing but quote ABBA lyrics).
I didn't like how they turned out so I deleted it. Problem is it still counts as my third so apparently any other characters I make I'll have to pay real money for.

Also used a 250% rare booster for Falz only to acquire absolutely nothing.

Bleah

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm updating my old game...Is there anything I need to do if I haven't played in about 2 months to make sure I'm using the right patches and such?

Shouldn't have to. Everything should be okay. If you get gameguard errors / or it continually updates nonstop. Go into your sega folder and delete it, then run the game which will fix that issue.

Since you mentioned patches, I'm assuming you mean the english ones. Make sure the game updates, then grab the newest ones. Otherwise I believe the old ones are broken at this point. If you've already done that, then you're good.

What's the current situation with the patches? Do you still need to keep them up to date, because the launcher replaces them every time there's an update?

ezodagrom

Foxyone

Is there any way to force a higher resolution besides using Nvidia card downsampling? Adding the "-xres 3200 -yres1800" (or anything else above native resolution) extension after the target makes the game start up in windowed fullscreen, then when I try to pick a ship, it just gives error 662. It did seem like it got rid of some aliasing though.

ezodagrom

Is there any way to force a higher resolution besides using Nvidia card downsampling? Adding the "-xres 3200 -yres1800" (or anything else above native resolution) extension after the target makes the game start up in windowed fullscreen, then when I try to pick a ship, it just gives error 662. It did seem like it got rid of some aliasing though.
Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2
Use a text editor to edit the file user.pso2, you can change the resolution in this section:
Screen = {
InterfaceSize = 0,
MaxScale = 1,
PreferredScale = 1,
ReferenceResolution = {
Y = 720,
X = 1280,
},
EDIT: Oh, you meant for downsampling (was thinking you were asking how to use a resolution above 1920x1200), no idea, I've never tried downsampling, so no idea how it works...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damn, i just got rolled in the 2 rockbear mission. i need to get back in the groove of this.

Foxyone

Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2
Use a text editor to edit the file user.pso2, you can change the resolution in this section:

EDIT: Oh, you meant for downsampling (was thinking you were asking how to use a resolution above 1920x1200), no idea, I've never tried downsampling, so no idea how it works...

Tis working now and it seems to have only scaled down the UI. Gonna have to fiddle with it after class. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :3

Ramune

Ran into a NeoGAFFer who went by Nei (Nei reincarnation?) in that Wind and Rain EQ not too long ago. Just a shout out from Ramune! XD

Haven't played in a while and when I was about to pick it back up was when the patch that would delete stuff surfaced. Is all that stuff fixed or is there a way I can make sure it won't ruin my computer?

Haven't played in a while and when I was about to pick it back up was when the patch that would delete stuff surfaced. Is all that stuff fixed or is there a way I can make sure it won't ruin my computer?

That stuff was fixed within hours of it happening, and it only affected you under very specific circumstances. Nothing to worry about now.

Blueblur1

So I loaded up the game yesterday and got the Partner Character CO. That lead me to wonder what's the point of the Partner Character? Does it exist just to have another NPC character to tag along with you on quests or is there something more to it?

ezodagrom

So I loaded up the game yesterday and got the Partner Character CO. That lead me to wonder what's the point of the Partner Character? Does it exist just to have another NPC character to tag along with you on quests or is there something more to it?
The support partner character can do item delivery client orders for you, at first it can only do 3 at once, but as the friendship level increases, the limit will go up to a max of 10.
(Note: SPCs can't do item delivery client orders that require non-tradeable quest items)

Blueblur1

The support partner character can do item delivery client orders for you, at first it can only do 3 at once, but as the friendship level increases, the limit will go up to a max of 10.
(Note: SPCs can't do item delivery client orders that require non-tradeable quest items)

Okay, that sounds useful. Is there any place I can read more about it?

Top Bottom