• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

About 200k xp from getting Braver into Super Hard mode.
I've really sort of sequestered other PSO2 play in lieu exclusively playing Braver, so I'm sort of anxious to see how crazy this will be.

It honestly amazes me how popular this game in Japan. PSU on 360, which was the most popular form of PSU, never got this populated. Heck, this is only Ship/Server 2 and PSO2 has lots of Ships/Servers.

0mQIXI4.jpg

It's fairly unusual for the blocks to be filled to that extent unless there's an event scheduled in advance (like this morning's Dark Falz).

Interesting. Do you have to be really good to do these runs?

You should probably take a look at the stage orders beforehand. Each stage requires you to do something specific ("kill 30 of this enemy in 10 seconds", "don't heal for 2 minutes", "don't take damage for 2 minutes", "kill 2 of this enemy while said enemy has a status ailment", "kill this enemy using a weak point within 2 minutes" are common examples). I imagine anyone buying runs is proficient enough to carry you, but you are expected not to fail any orders since doing so cuts into how many items you can take when you're done with a set.

Wonko_C

It honestly amazes me how popular this game in Japan. PSU on 360, which was the most popular form of PSU, never got this populated. Heck, this is only Ship/Server 2 and PSO2 has lots of Ships/Servers.

0mQIXI4.jpg

It would be nice to know exactly how many players can be on a server at a time on both PSO2 and PSU to get a better idea.

Kokonoe

Banned
Have they put out any sort of hints on when this will be ported to NA?

I feel the need for it ...

I heard SEGA is afraid it won't be profitable. There's a good chance it never will be. However, it's worth it to just play on the Japan servers. Tons of people and things are translated!

Its official...Block 20 hates me...I can't access it when I try it logs me off.

To be honest, you aren't missing out on much with B20. lol

Kokonoe

Banned
October 23rd Update

Ks6wJEK.jpg

Limited Time Halloween Event!
(Oct 23rd ~ Nov 27th)

SSsXCFm.jpg

PSO2 celebrates its 2nd Halloween event with the return of Xie and a new Halloween Bingo Card! This bingo card primarily features objectives for the Quarry field. With the addition of Super Hard quests for all fields, you should be able to clear this card in no time!

8hycb5a.jpg

Trick or Treat 2!

A new emergency quest will be released with some interesting changes from last year. For one, the quest now takes place at night and is filled with Halloween decorations! Head to the deepest area to assist the Naura cake sisters and purchase their Halloween themed cake.

Magical Dark Fantasy AC Scratch

VXHwKzO.jpg

Guys make sure you say your phrase today!

Special Phrase
Type “ばけたろう” in chat (without quotations) between now and October 23rd’s maintenance to receive a プレ・プレ・ボックス (Pre Pre Box) and 進化デバイス/ゴストン (Evo. Device / Ghoston)

DauX9Ah.jpg

Mugaaz

I just made a Cast Ranger on Ship 2, got the game fully patched, went through the tutorial. Looking forward to playing tonight.

I'm about to play this for the first time tonight. Anything I need to know off the bat as a beginner?

I think the game itself does a good job at showing you the basics on its own. It's pretty easy to understand even if you're not using the translation patches.

Besides that, the two most important bits in the OP: most of us are on Ship02, and be sure to check the friend invite stuff; you get rewards for yourself as well as the person whose referral information you use, but this has to be done -before- you make your first character!

Mugaaz

Played for the first time yesterday. Only played a little and got to level 4. Unlocked the client order stuff and some sort of bingo board.

qq more

Why the heck does SEGA keep that god awful GameGuard? It does more harm than good, my computer constantly freezes half of the times I boot up PSO2 now. :( I want to play this game again but it just causes everything to freeze.

Wonko_C

Anyone knows if it's possible to add PSO2 Tweaker as a Steam shortcut to launch PSO2 (for the item translation patch), and have it show the Steam overlay and have your friends see what you're playing, and stuff?

So tonight's in all likelihood my last chance to get as far into bingo as I can (I have literally 0 lines on the reverse board) and almost everything on the list is beyond my ability to run alone in any reasonable amount of time. Anyone around want to clear the whole thing off?

EDIT: Finished this up the night I posted, thanks jentalia!

So this may be a stupid question but is there a way to get translations to the vita verson? I plan on importing the physical copy so I'd love to play with the patches there like I do on pc.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So this may be a stupid question but is there a way to get translations to the vita verson? I plan on importing the physical copy so I'd love to play with the patches there like I do on pc.
Pretty sure you need to crack the system before you can edit any game files and so far no one has cracked the system yet.

Pretty sure you need to crack the system before you can edit any game files and so far no one has cracked the system yet.

Makes sense and I probably should've realized it from the start. Either way I'll import it so I can get those little extras from the physical version. Thanks.

AwRy108

Anyone want to buy a physical copy of the game? I'm selling the like-new imported version for considerably less than MSRP, so please PM me if you're interested.

Anyone want to buy a physical copy of the game? I'm selling the like-new imported version for considerably less than MSRP, so please PM me if you're interested.

Which version exactly? There's the Vita premium set and there have been several physical PC sets. Also, is the item code redeemed?

YoungOne

After getting two 8 gigs at the gamestop black friday sale I'm gonna give the vita version a shot didn't play to much but about three missions in on the pc verson so I'm still kinda new any friends added from the pc version will still be available on vita version?

Edit: And I forgot my login data -_-

ezodagrom

After getting two 8 gigs at the gamestop black friday sale I'm gonna give the vita version a shot didn't play to much but about three missions in on the pc verson so I'm still kinda new any friends added from the pc version will still be available on vita version?

Edit: And I forgot my login data -_-
PC and Vita versions play in the same servers, so, yeah, friends list, character, items, areas unlocked, everything is the same between PC and Vita.
There's only 1 restriction in the Vita version, Vita players can only access 1xx and 2xx blocks (with 1xx blocks being exclusive to Vita players and 2xx blocks being shared between PC and Vita). 0xx blocks are exclusive to PC players.
1xx and 2xx blocks have slightly smaller areas and enemies spawn in smaller groups, but to make up for this PSE bursts are easier to achieve and last longer than in 0xx blocks.

Can someone give me the ins and outs of the classes?

I heard hunter was a pain in the ass to play in this game. Ranger seems to get reactions from "great" to "boring to use". Forces I haven't heard anything about. I heard Braver is a "jack of all trades but doesn't excel at anything" class. But I am intrigued by it.

I played to 135 with a Ranger in PSO:BB for what it's worth.

Can someone give me the ins and outs of the classes?

I heard hunter was a pain in the ass to play in this game. Ranger seems to get reactions from "great" to "boring to use". Forces I haven't heard anything about. I heard Braver is a "jack of all trades but doesn't excel at anything" class. But I am intrigued by it.

I played to 135 with a Ranger in PSO:BB for what it's worth.

You should try all the classes yourself as everyone's play style is different and what doesn't work for one person might work very well for another.

That said, my personal observations:

• Hunter: Fun to play, as a subclass Fury Stance makes Fighter/Ranger/Gunner better.
  • Fighter: DPS monster.
  • Ranger: Mediocre attack ability but is the only class in the game capable of debuffing, which is really handy for others in the party.
  • Gunner: Really fun close range attacker.
  • Force: Versatile but middle of the road as far as DPS goes. (Note: This is my main class.)
  • Techter: Try as I might, I can't find a use for this besides providing some passive skills to make Force better.
  • Braver: Stylishly mediocre, doesn't do anything other classes don't do better.

Hello again to everyone. It's been too long since I've been on this and I'm kinda missing it now. I'm assuming I've got a lot of catching up to do since I was last here right?

• Ranger: Mediocre attack ability but is the only class in the game capable of debuffing, which is really handy for others in the party.
  • Force: Versatile but middle of the road as far as DPS goes. (Note: This is my main class.)
  • Braver: Stylishly mediocre, doesn't do anything other classes don't do better.

Ranger is actually kinda super over powered. Now a days they can just destroy anything within a manner of seconds all by themselves. For example, this was before SH and is for the most part still applicable

Force on the other hand is getting overshadowed by most every other class in the game when it comes to damage output. Mostly due to a severe lack of Fury Stance tier modifiers to boost its damage (the main reason that Hu as a sub is used for every other class).

Braver is suddenly becoming actually viable with the addition of that new Katana PA ハトウリンドウ (Hatou Rindou). So they'll probably start popping up in competency soon enough.

But of course, I'm one of the 3 people who are way deep into TA-ing in this game so problems I face tend to be a lot more specific and severe than most other players.

Edit:
Hello again to everyone. It's been too long since I've been on this and I'm kinda missing it now. I'm assuming I've got a lot of catching up to do since I was last here right?

Other than leveling back up to the current cap, you've probably missed a lot less than you think.

Really? I would've thought I'd had missed alot of stuff since this is the longest I've been away. So what is this Braver? I remember there were was talk about them before I left.

ezodagrom

Are they good? Does it have the same requirements as the other introduced classes?
Braver is unlocked by default, like hunter, ranger and force.
It's a fun class, and it's apparently going to get buffed in January (some people are mentioning something about faster attack animations? not sure).

One thing to note is the mag, if you want to use both katana and bow, the best mag for Braver is a pure DEX mag, though it takes a long time to get a pure DEX mag to lvl 175.
Braver has a skill tree skill that adds 50% of the mag's DEX into both S-ATK and R-ATK.
The skill is named "Braver Mag", and with it a lvl 175 pure DEX mag actually adds 175 DEX, 87 S-ATK and 87 R-ATK to your base stats.

Yes, all mags go to level 175 now. You still only get the 1 for free unfortunately.

Also, for whatever reason; once you hit level 25 (changed from 30 previously) as Br you'll unlock the Client Orders to unlock Fi, Gu, and Te inexplicably.

One thing to note is the mag, if you want to use both katana and bow, the best mag for Braver is a pure DEX mag, though it takes a long time to get a pure DEX mag to lvl 175.
Braver has a skill tree skill that adds 50% of the mag's DEX into both S-ATK and R-ATK.
The skill is named "Braver Mag", and with it a lvl 175 pure DEX mag actually adds 175 DEX, 87 S-ATK and 87 R-ATK to your base stats.

Actually, I would suggest against making a pure dex mag for Braver. Some of the best katana and bow weapons use S and R atk, respectively to equip. Also a pure dex mag won't let you hit as hard with either of the weapons as a pure attack mag would. So I would recommend just making a pure s-atk mag so that the katana (which is your best mobbing weapon, and slowly becoming a good boss killer) is stronger. The bow by itself (being boosted by fury stance of course) is still plenty strong enough to kill whatever you need it to kill. You could also go the other way and dump everything into the mag's R-atk stat if you want to use bows more.

Of course, different strokes for different folks, but that's my 2 cents on the matter of braver mag speccing. You can get away with messing around with hybrid mag specs and such as long as your Hu sub (Again, because fury stance REALLY is just that over powered) carries the slack.

One more question. Did Rangers get anything good? I ask because that is my main class I use. I've used Hunter as a secondary and thought it was ok.

ShinMaruku

Force unfortunatly only has 3 subclass choices. But they all work fairly well.
My force goes with techer. Braver and Fighter are the other two that help forces somewhat. Since they can increase damage. With the right spec and element force/braver can clear out maps like crazy.

Force unfortunatly only has 3 subclass choices. But they all work fairly well.
My force goes with techer. Braver and Fighter are the other two that help forces somewhat. Since they can increase damage. With the right spec and element force/braver can clear out maps like crazy.

So how would you set up the Force/Braver one?

So how would you set up the Force/Braver one?

This is the Braver tree you would use for a Force sub. Weak stance's damage boost applies to using tech types the enemy is weak to, so you want to pump that up as much as possible. Average stance is kinda useless, but I think that it also boosts non weakness damage, not certain though. The rest of the points can go literally wherever else you like, it doesn't matter. Fo/Br is mostly unnecessary outside of Time Attacks anyways so there is no need to sweat it too much. Fo/Fi and Fo/Te can still do fine if you don't feel like leveling Br.

True; but there isn't anything especially worthwhile for a Force in a braver tree other than the weak stance skills, unless you plan on doing some kind of crazy specific hybrid build. May as well dump the excess points in there since it will at the very least help out techs more than anything else on the tree.

Anyone know what I should be doing with my skill points for a Ranger? I've just been putting then in places I thought were good. Also what type of mag should I have?

Anyone know what I should be doing with my skill points for a Ranger? I've just been putting then in places I thought were good. Also what type of mag should I have?

There are a few options, I'll just list the one that will give you the highest damage output (also the one myself and most people I know use).
This would be the RaHu tree. Now let me give a quick rundown of why the tree is set up like this:

The Hu tree is rather simple. Fury Stance is incredible, game breakingly so. It boosts not only S-atk, but R-atk as well. This tree maxes out all the fury stance skills so you get the most possible damage boost you can. Adding in Step Attack lets you take advantage of dashing techiniques so that you can move faster than just simply walking.

Now as for why Partisan Gear is there. Partisans have two really powerful PAs: Assault Buster (Drops off of Rare Snow Banshee. Has to be >level 11 PA) and Slide End (Drops off of Signo Blue. Also has to be >level 11). They're both exceptionally fast and can be handy to kill enemies that are too awkwardly positioned for your Ra weapons to take care of. Also they're super fun PAs. And because Fury Stance is still boosting your S-atk, it will do quite a bit of damage. Of course, if you don't want to get an all class partisan or don't ever think you'll be in a situation where you'll need to use any of the former two partisan PAs you can just drop the partisan gear skill and put the point into getting just reversal.

Now for the Ra tree. You'll definitely want to max both Weak Hit Advances. This'll maximize your damage against enemy weak points (also when hitting weak bullet targets). Maxing Weak Bullet will let you use weak bullet more often which is always nice. The two Standing Snipes are also very handy to have as its another 30% damage increase just for standing still for a split second before you attack.

The other two skills; Killing bonus and First Hit.
Killing bonus is a skill that works really well with a high risk style of gameplay. It'll let you sneak in more PAs for the more enemies you kill at close range. Now the reason this is so useful is because most of Ranger's best PAs are the ones that get you up close to the enemy. Such PAs as rifle's Diffuse Shell, Impact Slider, Homing Emission and Sneak Shooter. As well as Launcher's Rodeo Drive and Cluster Bullet if you're close enough. Basically, if you're willing to go for it, Killing Bonus lets you keep killing things.

First Hit is another skill meant to boost your damage. Any time you hit an enemy that has full HP it'll increase your damage against them by 20%. Which is very handy for most single shot Ra PAs as well as the two Partisan PAs (if you choose to use them).

All in all, this specific build will crank your damage up significantly. The one downside (if you consider it to be one) is that Fury Stance will make enemies hit you harder since it drops your Defenses. But truthfully, its not that big of a deal as long as you learn to dodge and plan your attacks out. You can also mitigate some glass cannon-ness by investing in HP boosting affixes like people do.

Personally, I just learnt to not care about dying or getting hit and just kill enemies before they can kill me. Its not like theres a penalty for death anyways so just learn to chug some mates :v

Top Bottom