• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Here's the outline for the tree I'm talking about. The last however many points should go into attack ups (to boost your damage even higher) or weakstance if you'd like that as an alternative. Weak stance isn't specced in this tree because half the katanas at this point have latent abilities that boost average stance up which basically covers any of the damage reduction.

This for all intents and purposes is a hybrid build. The reason why i say this is because right now for braver Katana is super strong and can basically do everything you need it to do. The bow by itself, without any boosts to its R-atk is still plenty strong enough because its few useful PAs do boat loads of damage making it handy for picking off enemies the katana may have trouble with. In all other scenarios, Katana is going to destroy everything faster than the bow can even shoot.

The only reason I mentioned maxing out R-atk if you want to specialize in bows is because I know a few people who don't like katana and refuse to use it for whatever reason. In which case maxing R-atk is the good choice.

So here's the thing about a full dex mag, It won't let you equip the best weapons. You'll be short quite a bit of Atk, more than maxing the s-atk skill on the tree will give you. Also heres another fun fact: right now, Hu/Br is a better alternative to Br/Hu! The second best katana at the moment is usable by Hu's so switching the two classes around can be highly beneficial. You get access to the entire Hu weaponry which means that you can get a ゲキツナアタ (Gekitsnata) and do 14k+ assbusts nonstop along with having an even higher base S and R atk stat.

pants

Did you really miss the third line of the first post? I even put it in bold. :(

I'm using the tweaker tho, It patched "story", "large files" and some smaller general "english patch" but my items are all still in japanese (and the story is in japanese lol). I mean I remember all I used to have to do manually was large files and the smaller general patch. I have no idea how to initiate this item translation patch.

EDIT: I'm sure they are installed, the right hand side shows OK in green for all the patches.

wsippel

Banned
I'm using the tweaker tho, It patched "story", "large files" and some smaller general "english patch" but my items are all still in japanese (and the story is in japanese lol). I mean I remember all I used to have to do manually was large files and the smaller general patch. I have no idea how to initiate this item translation patch.

EDIT: I'm sure they are installed, the right hand side shows OK in green for all the patches.
The item translator seems to use memory injection or something, it's not a regular patch and it doesn't get installed. To activate it, you have to tick a checkbox at the bottom of the main menu in the tweaker and run the game through the tweaker.

Dear friends and acolytes...

Block 20 is dead.

pso20131223_203317_00f9pg8.png

Hooray!

Ketch

so I just started playing yesterday... I made a warrior or hunter or whatever on ship 5 and played through the tutorial, but then I remade a Force on ship 2 because I saw that's where some Gaffer's play. But I haven't seen a single other person yet.

Also, I downloaded all the translation patches and installed them with tweaker, did the check mark for item names, but a lot of it is still untranslated. Is that normal? Or did I install something wrong. I don't really mind, it's just hard to tell if it's "supposed" to be that way... I'm mostly just concerned with the tutorial dialog boxes that keep popping up, not sure if I'm missing things that I could be reading.

I haven't played in a while (or visited this thread) so I'm confused. What happened??

A crazy bug that, according to an in-game announcement that was posted this morning, was caused by people moving their characters between ships. They asked that people refrain from moving ships at this time and the functionality will be temporarily disabled when the servers go down for their weekly maintenance tonight.

Blueblur1

A crazy bug that, according to an in-game announcement that was posted this morning, was caused by people moving their characters between ships. They asked that people refrain from moving ships at this time and the functionality will be temporarily disabled when the servers go down for their weekly maintenance tonight.

Blocks started to randomly disappear, before the issue was fixed only the blocks 11, 209 and 210 were left.

Thanks for the responses.

Characters can be moved between ships now? Is it anything like in WoW where players have to pay a fee?

Finally managed to catch a Mining Defense quest, it's pretty cool. Also got a rare Vibrace to spawn the second goaround so I got the new Braver PAs already.

Which NPC gives the best client orders in terms of EXP after I exhaust all of Koffie's? Just finished the last area and all of Koffie's orders and now I'm just sitting at level 33.

1) Which NPC gives the best COs in terms of EXP?
2) what other good ways are there to level apart from these?
3) What's the easiest way to earn Meseta?

Thanks!

Which NPC gives the best client orders in terms of EXP after I exhaust all of Koffie's? Just finished the last area and all of Koffie's orders and now I'm just sitting at level 33.

1) Which NPC gives the best COs in terms of EXP?
2) what other good ways are there to level apart from these?
3) What's the easiest way to earn Meseta?

Thanks!

1) Franka, Kressida, Hanz, Revelle, and some of Emmeline. Mostly the first two.
2) MPAs if you can find any, EMs that pop up, Falz.
3) Best way to make money is off of the Time Attack Client Orders (TACOs). The VH ones are the best, but H is still decent enough till you reach VH. Aside from that, getting shop tickets and selling whatever you find, which at your level is going to mostly be whatever high selling affixes are.

Aye. Thanks. Who do I contact to be added to the team?

I was on one but they voted to kick me because I "asked too many questions" and apparently a level 32 and a level 40 character in five days makes me "bad" and not a high enough level.

First of all, who the fuck takes PSO that seriously and second, why invite someone new to the game to a team if you don't want them asking questions? Found out later that they're a well-known troll team in B20. What a great community.

Blech.

You'd ask wunderblizz or dr. apocalipsis, but neither seem to be around at the moment. You have to catch them online, there's no method of contacting a non-friend if they're offline.

Kokonoe

Banned
Heck yeah. I got a My Shop Pass with the 500 fun points card from the Christmas event. Don't have to buy Arks Cash this month now. Woo!

Made a cast got up to 25 Braver~. Sucked terribly trying to use all-class weapons to unlock the other classes. Considering remaking out of the Cast Race.

If I want to play all three damage types (strike, ranged, and tech) I'd want to be human, correct? Or at least, anything BUT Cast, since their Tech values limit them from unlocking techs?

Also I'm unsure of how things will be costume wise. All the special costumes can be worn by everyone, right? Or is there some things casts can't wear?

Made a cast got up to 25 Braver~. Sucked terribly trying to use all-class weapons to unlock the other classes. Considering remaking out of the Cast Race.

If I want to play all three damage types (strike, ranged, and tech) I'd want to be human, correct? Or at least, anything BUT Cast, since their Tech values limit them from unlocking techs?

Also I'm unsure of how things will be costume wise. All the special costumes can be worn by everyone, right? Or is there some things casts can't wear?

There are minor stat differences per class and sex but I haven't seen anything that suggests it's anything to be particularly worried about. wunderblizz, notably, plays Techter as a female Cast.

Casts can't wear clothing that can be color changed. Anything that can't be color changed (a majority of the clothing available at this point) is fair game.

It's kinda annoying how my mind works. I don't like the size of my character's eyes. So I might remake. And both slots are filled. So instead of waiting 24 hours for a (brand new) character to delete, I might spend AC to open a third slot. (Would rather open a third char slot instead of buying a salon pass, I guess)

Anyways! Is there a 'perferred' way to spend AC? Some kind of "$50 is the best deal" or "this gift card adds x" or "use this website to buy AC" or anything like that I should know of?

It's kinda annoying how my mind works. I don't like the size of my character's eyes. So I might remake. And both slots are filled. So instead of waiting 24 hours for a (brand new) character to delete, I might spend AC to open a third slot. (Would rather open a third char slot instead of buying a salon pass, I guess)

Anyways! Is there a 'perferred' way to spend AC? Some kind of "$50 is the best deal" or "this gift card adds x" or "use this website to buy AC" or anything like that I should know of?

If you charge 5000 yen or more at a time you get a small bonus (e.g., you'll get 5150 AC). If you buy WebMoney, unlike some of the guides in the OP, you're not required to actually have a WebMoney account. You can just plug the code directly into the PSO2 billing site.

There's also currently a promotion where you get prizes for spending AC - up to 5000 AC to get a Rappy Suit. Unfortunately, a buy AC campaign just ended on 12/24.

wtf_redneck_gif.gif

Wunderdoo

Neo Member

Race/class combination doesn't irreversibly cripple you to the point of the class being unplayable or anything, but it's definitely the worst option for a tech class out of the other races.

175 tatk mag, 65/65 FO/TE (ignoring extra stats from skill prerequisites)
(female newman/male cast/female cast)
HP: 469/534/529
S-ATK: 449/471/466
R-ATK: 502/512/ 517
T-ATK: 782/704/704
ABL: 411/423/423
S-DEF: 457/479/457
R-DEF: 438/438/459
T-DEF: 559/506/506

The 70+ tatk on it's own isn't a big deal unless you want to min/max or anything. On the other hand, you will struggle to equip better weapons which is where it matters the most. A pure tatk mag is needed to make up the difference a female newman won't have to bother with; if you switch to other subs like fo/fi or fo/br, you might find yourself not being able to equip that weapon you just had on a few seconds ago.

Never really thought about that. Is human a decent choice for a Br/Hu?

And what's this I head about getting 1 mil if you complete all 5 time attacks on N, H and VH?

I got a Guld Milla yesterday from mining base defense but since I specced my mag toward T-atk, I'm out of luck unless I put down money for another mag. I'm also don't not making a new character just for R-atk. Oh well, maybe I could use it in customization or something when crafting hits.

I got a Guld Milla yesterday from mining base defense but since I specced my mag toward T-atk, I'm out of luck unless I put down money for another mag. I'm also don't not making a new character just for R-atk. Oh well, maybe I could use it in customization or something when crafting hits.

Damnit. Lucky. Haha.

Anyone want to help with Super Hard Time Attack Naberius II? Need it for bingo.

I would but I'm stuck in the 47-50 grind. >_<

By the way, finished The Perfect Braver CO and got the 5 SP. my tree is filled out completely now the the tree linked to on this page..

Just fill in the one that was at 3/10 (Average S Up) now or fill in bullet bows? I RARELY use them.

I would but I'm stuck in the 47-50 grind. >_<

By the way, finished The Perfect Braver CO and got the 5 SP. my tree is filled out completely now the the tree linked to on this page..

Just fill in the one that was at 3/10 (Average S Up) now or fill in bullet bows? I RARELY use them.

Oh god, I made a horrible mistake. Sorry! I just realized that in the tree I linked I accidentally maxed out the Average Stance Crit skill instead of the Average S Up skill :x
Sorry. Shouldn't be too big an issue because you'll still be able to have more than enough points to cap the S Up skill.
As for the rest of your points, putting them into combat escape (because its rather handy in some places like during tower defense or bosses) and S-atk Up (more s-atk is more katana damage) is what I did. Though since your tree is going to have crit maxed you wont be able to cap both escape and s-atk, so I'd say cap s-atk and leave escape at 1 point. 10 seconds is still plenty of invincibility time.

Again, really sorry about that. I'll go fix my post with the proper tree now . _.

Yeah, we're getting one with the crafting update. Not a big deal.

Not to mention I'm only level 47. I still have 18 SP coming to me through regular leveling.

Aaand one last question. How many points do you need for premium for a week? A month?

Is there a limit to how many 10* tickets you can get from recycling weapons or is it as many as you want for as long as you have premium?

Top Bottom