• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Yeah, just picked up a vita and I think I'm going to import a physical copy. So I have a question psgaf, do I need to have a memory card formatted just for this game, like a JP only memory card? Cause I heard something like that if you had the download version.

Reknoc

Yeah, just picked up a vita and I think I'm going to import a physical copy. So I have a question psgaf, do I need to have a memory card formatted just for this game, like a JP only memory card? Cause I heard something like that if you had the download version.

Nah, it's just for the download version. You're fine to use your usual PSN account for the physical version.

Does anyone know the drop rate for the damn crystals from the Caves boss? Cater whatever? I've found one in 7-8 runs and you need three for this Koffie quest. Starting to piss me off.

Dizzy-4U

Going back in after a long hiatus. I don't remember my account, my character nor how to play. It should be fun.

Ship 2 was the english hub, right?

By the way, I need to reinstall everything, so I downloaded the english installer from arks-layer and the tweaker client. Anything else I'm missing?

wsippel

Banned
Going back in after a long hiatus. I don't remember my account, my character nor how to play. It should be fun.

By the way, I need to reinstall everything, so I downloaded the english installer from arks-layer and the tweaker client. Anything else I'm missing?
The story patch, if you want it. Can't be downloaded through the Tweaker anymore. And yes, ship 2 is correct.

If you're starting a new account, might as well make use of the friend invite system stuff in the OP. Both you and the person you refer get stuff out of it as you level up. Make sure to read up on it first since it has to be set before you make your first character.

Dizzy-4U

The story patch, if you want it. Can't be downloaded through the Tweaker anymore. And yes, ship 2 is correct.
I see, thanks.

If you're starting a new account, might as well make use of the friend invite system stuff in the OP. Both you and the person you refer get stuff out of it as you level up. Make sure to read up on it first since it has to be set before you make your first character.
I was going to try to remember my old account, but I can't refuse a cleaning brush. I can't!

I was going to try to remember my old account, but I can't refuse a cleaning brush. I can't!

The baseball glove is my personal favorite of the reward items so far. There's probably more stuff than listed there since the information is quite old, but I can't check right now since the server went down for weekly maintenance an hour ago.

I very briefly messed with Fighter stances as Fo/Fi. The difference in damage output was... unexpected, but I'm still not sure if it balances out the lack of PP Restorate. Love the increased movement speed though, even if it does get a little tiring.

I very briefly messed with Fighter stances as Fo/Fi. The difference in damage output was... unexpected, but I'm still not sure if it balances out the lack of PP Restorate. Love the increased movement speed though, even if it does get a little tiring.

Yeah, FoFi isn't made for sustaining itself in situations outside of TAs, in all other situations FoTe is a lot more handy. And the general FoFi idea is one shot the enemy (hopefully) and then recover PP while moving on to the next which is something that only really works in TA.

Oh, in case you didn't know; you only need to be pressing the dash button during fist dashing. You can just hold down the attack button if you don't want to do perfect timing fist dashes. That might alleviate some pain.

Tonights the Lilipa defense mission! Hype!

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
[*]Techter: Try as I might, I can't find a use for this besides providing some passive skills to make Force better.
[/list]

As someone who tries to play this class as a main class; I'd say Techter's largest defining strength is when it comes to mobbing. How you use zondeel is incredibly important with this class since you can gather groups with the vacuum effect and have multiple wand gear hits splash damaging that cluster in one swing. (is terrible for any boss bigger than a rockbear though)

In the end though the class ends up having this identity issue where everyone just subs it, relegates it to force with another coat of paint (wind/dark/light masteries) or uses an all class weapon (rod/talis/whatever other weapon). I think I've run into people using wands without even getting wand gear either lol.

It's a shame since you can...kinda see it's potential, but just about everything with the class is subpar or horribly executed: the way the skill tree is split up, the large sp cost for class defining skills, the support skills like shifta/deband advance being so awful or situational they might as well not exist. It's toted as the games designated support class (which are my favorite type) but it does a really awful job at it and the game really has no place for one in it's current state of "kill everything as fast as possible for farming". :/

For me though, it's still my favorite class to play. (aww yeah suicide mission at hunar, group 10 fish/cyclonedas/kuklonedas ontop of him with zondeel and gear away before dieing)

Dizzy-4U

Is there a GAF guild or do I need to add you guys to my friendlist? (not at home right now, will do it later).

By the way, started a new account, currently level 7. Is there something I need to start doing now so I don't regret it later? MAG feeding strats or that sort of thing?

ShinMaruku

Just follow skeleton builds and keep decent gear till 60ish.

So now there is a new meta build which I am in 100% tied to now.:
950 T-Atk Bow, Force equippable, Darker latent.

+15% damage during Rapid Shoot

+130% damage for 20PP
Add namegid and what my kit is and the numbers are fucking outrageous.

I understand less than one half of one percent of what is being said in this thread.

/importing this game on Vita before the end of the month.

ShinMaruku

Ok finalized my build. It is a 100% boss killer so good. As for fo/br mag, I say push t-pow and dex. For those two mono and dimates and discs. Discs will always give dex.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just for clarification, I'm no longer the leader of the GAF Team. I've passed the leadership to dr., so if anyone wants anything changed, just go straight to him.

The game was awesome, but I got tired of farming the same zones to death with the first 3 hours after each content patch being the only exciting part. :(

Just for clarification, I'm no longer the leader of the GAF Team. I've passed the leadership to dr., so if anyone wants anything changed, just go straight to him.

The game was awesome, but I got tired of farming the same zones to death with the first 3 hours after each content patch being the only exciting part. :(

You really should come on for this new EM. It's pretty awesome and you get ridiculous stuff out of it. There's one scheduled in like 5 hours I think?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You really should come on for this new EM. It's pretty awesome and you get ridiculous stuff out of it. There's one scheduled in like 5 hours I think?
I'm a bit busy today, but since I have the game fully updated I might jump in for one, just to check it out, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry for changing, but after seeing a Braver/Hunter playing, I'm going to try that. It looks so absurdly powerful and fun to play with.

Does anyone know a good tree/mag setup to use? He mentioned normal (or whatever it's called stance) on braver tree and fury stance on the hunter tree, then DEX and Sp. Atk on the mag.

Does anyone else have experience with this or advice for building it?

wsippel

Banned
Sorry for changing, but after seeing a Braver/Hunter playing, I'm going to try that. It looks so absurdly powerful and fun to play with.

Does anyone know a good tree/mag setup to use? He mentioned normal (or whatever it's called stance) on braver tree and fury stance on the hunter tree, then DEX and Sp. Atk on the mag.

Does anyone else have experience with this or advice for building it?
From everything I've read, if you plan to use both katanas and bows, you want a pretty much pure DEX Mag for a Braver and max out the Braver Mag skill, which adds up to 50% of your Mag's DEX to both S-ATK and R-ATK. Not to mention lots of Braver equipment has stupid high DEX requirements.

From everything I've read, if you plan to use both katanas and bows, you want a pretty much pure DEX Mag for a Braver and max out the Braver Mag skill, which adds up to 50% of your Mag's DEX to both S-ATK and R-ATK. Not to mention lots of Braver equipment has stupid high DEX requirements.

I think I'd have to agree with Chicken on this one:

Actually, I would suggest against making a pure dex mag for Braver. Some of the best katana and bow weapons use S and R atk, respectively to equip. Also a pure dex mag won't let you hit as hard with either of the weapons as a pure attack mag would. So I would recommend just making a pure s-atk mag so that the katana (which is your best mobbing weapon, and slowly becoming a good boss killer) is stronger. The bow by itself (being boosted by fury stance of course) is still plenty strong enough to kill whatever you need it to kill. You could also go the other way and dump everything into the mag's R-atk stat if you want to use bows more.

Of course, different strokes for different folks, but that's my 2 cents on the matter of braver mag speccing. You can get away with messing around with hybrid mag specs and such as long as your Hu sub (Again, because fury stance REALLY is just that over powered) carries the slack.

Noooo. I liked you as a leader. Things started to get done. Oh well. I think I atleast played a game with you once so it's not too bad.

wsippel

Banned
I think I'd have to agree with Chicken on this one:
Well, he suggests to go for a katana or bow build, not a full hybrid. Your Mag can get 175 points total. Pure DEX gives you 87 S-ATK and 87 R-ATK, so exactly the same as putting all the points evenly distributed into ATK - but you also get the general DEX benefit of higher minimum damage, and you can equip better weapons earlier in the game. Seems like even if you want to specialize, it can be beneficial to start by putting a number of levels in DEX, and then focus on either S or R depending on what you prefer. Actually, that's what I'm probably going to do.

Well, he suggests to go for a katana or bow build, not a full hybrid. Your Mag can get 175 points total. Pure DEX gives you 87 S-ATK and 87 R-ATK, so exactly the same as putting all the points evenly distributed into ATK - but you also get the general DEX benefit of higher minimum damage, and you can equip better weapons earlier in the game. Seems like even if you want to specialize, it can be beneficial to start by putting a number of levels in DEX, and then focus on either S or R depending on what you prefer. Actually, that's what I'm probably going to do.

Yes, but that's a waste of SP. You need 5 SP to get the full benefits of having a DEX mag, and having a hybrid build just means each of that 5 SP is worth less and less attack power. And there are better things to spend that 5 SP on in the first place.

wsippel

Banned
Yes, but that's a waste of SP. You need 5 SP to get the full benefits of having a DEX mag, and having a hybrid build just means each of that 5 SP is worth less and less attack power. And there are better things to spend that 5 SP on in the first place.
Are there really? There are several completely useless skills in the Braver tree after all. Mostly DEX up skills - skills you don't need if you have a DEX mag.

ezodagrom

One thing worth noting about a pure S-ATK mag for braver and being able to equip the strongest 10* katana... Good luck finding it, that katana is worth 80m+ for a reason...

Top Bottom