• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Scirrocco

Hey pso gaf. Finally taking the plunge and trying this game out. First question: Anyone have a friend code they want me to use to sign up?

People saying B20=bad. Is there another englishish server? What blocks do you roll on?

Would a deuman braver be a bad idea since both have low hp?

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
We're getting a skill tree reset pass anyways for the mid-January update so no big loss.

Fairly sure that you'll only get one if you have techer unlocked since it's the only class getting a skill change as far as I know. Or at least that's how I remember it was with gunner skills getting altered, but my memory is hazy. lol

Fairly sure that you'll only get one if you have techer unlocked since it's the only class getting a skill change as far as I know. Or at least that's how I remember it was with gunner skills getting altered, but my memory is hazy. lol

Braver is also getting a few tweaks I thought? Or that might have already happened

My understanding was that everyone is getting one.

Reposting for new page:

Aaand one last question. How many points do you need for premium for a week? A month?

Is there a limit to how many 10* tickets you can get from recycling weapons or is it as many as you want for as long as you have premium?

And to the one asking about the b20 thing, I just float around and usually find a decent amount of English speakers.

Use the visiphone and use the arks search to find me by the way and friend request me. Just sent my username to you via PM.

Scirrocco

The list in the OP should still be good. Just make sure you use it before you make your first character!

I saw that. Can i use them all? I thought i'd be limited to one. And after so long a list of players in the first post isn't guaranteed to be good, so i wanted to make sure someone who still plays gets credit. everyone on block 20?

I saw that. Can i use them all? I thought i'd be limited to one. And after so long a list of players in the first post isn't guaranteed to be good, so i wanted to make sure someone who still plays gets credit. everyone on block 20?

Don't play on block 20. English but the community is garbage. Most people on that list aren't on any more. I've been checking the last few days and I see maybe one person on. Feel free to use mine if you want though. :p

I sent you a PM with my name so when you get in you have someone to help you out.

And blocks don't matter, BTW. Ships do. You can use the character in any block in that ship.

Zelias

Banned
I've spent very little time on b20, but then again I spend most of my time with my team/close friends or soloing anyway.

qq more

I used to blacklist so many people on B20 so I never had to see their perverted display pictures again lol

that and they're very annoying

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thank you so much. I'll try this when I get home. It's def gonna save me a lot of time seeing as I gotta install on 2 machines.
Remember that you can just copy the folder with the game (and the one from My Documents iirc) to the other machine. No need to install/patch it twice.

AmyS

I've been so patient waiting for PSO2 to be released in the western hemisphere, and, it has been nearly ten years since this was seen:

6RGwN4s.jpg

^ Was in the E3 2004 teaser for Phantasy Star Universe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4m4I0q25JM

And mere moments later, in the very same teaser:

IKPekgB.jpg

damiserableman

Neo Member
So i just downloaded this game and have a question on my skill tree progression. i am playing as the ranger class right now and plan to go gunner when i can, i also have no idea what to do for my mag as i level it up. Does anyone have a decent skill tree progression for ranger/gunner? thank you in advance.

So i just downloaded this game and have a question on my skill tree progression. i am playing as the ranger class right now and plan to go gunner when i can, i also have no idea what to do for my mag as i level it up. Does anyone have a decent skill tree progression for ranger/gunner? thank you in advance.

I imagine you want a pure R-Atk mag for a Ranger/Gunner, unless there's some particular weapon you need Dex for.

As for skill progression... as counter-intuitive as it might sound, Hunter would probably serve you better as a subclass for Gunner than Ranger would (Fury Stance is just that good), so it probably doesn't matter a whole lot what you do with your Ranger tree. I'd stick to the Weak Bullet skills personally, but someone who plays the class more than I do would have to pipe up if you intend to continue playing it after you unlock Gunner. For the Gunner tree, you should probably prioritize S-Roll JA Bonus, that's where the money is right now.

damiserableman

Neo Member
I imagine you want a pure R-Atk mag for a Ranger/Gunner, unless there's some particular weapon you need Dex for.

As for skill progression... as counter-intuitive as it might sound, Hunter would probably serve you better as a subclass for Gunner than Ranger would (Fury Stance is just that good), so it probably doesn't matter a whole lot what you do with your Ranger tree. I'd stick to the Weak Bullet skills personally, but someone who plays the class more than I do would have to pipe up if you intend to continue playing it after you unlock Gunner. For the Gunner tree, you should probably prioritize S-Roll JA Bonus, that's where the money is right now.

Here are three skill trees to get you started. Ranger skill trees are relatively simple. Most of everything you need is on the left side. S Roll JA Bonus is the most important skill for Gunners as it boosts your damage by 200% when coming out of a roll. And Hunter is all about Fury Stance because Fury Stance is overpowered and great.

Thank you both so much, this will help me immensly!

Maybesew

Finally got around to installing this and trying it out. I just kept too much hope for the north american release. I installed the english patch and large files, but a lot of content is still in Japanese. I am currently downloading the story patch for the tweaker in the OP, but will that give me english versions of more dialogues and the tutorial screens?

I went with a Braver, and up to level 10. Is the mag system the same as PSO for game cube, where you feed it various items to level it up and eventually it morphs into a different mag?

Kokonoe

Banned
Finally got around to installing this and trying it out. I just kept too much hope for the north american release. I installed the english patch and large files, but a lot of content is still in Japanese. I am currently downloading the story patch for the tweaker in the OP, but will that give me english versions of more dialogues and the tutorial screens?

I went with a Braver, and up to level 10. Is the mag system the same as PSO for game cube, where you feed it various items to level it up and eventually it morphs into a different mag?

It's similar but it's not exactly the same.

The Same
-You level up your mag to evolve it.
-You level up your mag by feeding it items.
-You get a Photon Blast by leveling it up.
-The stats your mag has is applied to your stats.

Not The Same
-You can feed your mag all types of items in this game instead of just restorative items like in PSO. You can feed them weapons(except 7 star or higher), furniture, almost anything really.
-Unlike PSO, you can only have one Photon Blast at a time instead of 3. You can change your Photon Blast later, though.
-Instead of getting your Photon Blast at level 10 like in PSO, you get it at level (mag level) 30.
-Your Mag will change a few times and will change at level 100. Once it hits level 100 it won't change into anything else unless you change it's appearance unlike PSO.

There is also more aspects to mags like abilities and such you can set or obtain later on.

ezodagrom

Once it hits level 100 it won't change into anything else unless you change it's appearance unlike PSO.
Unless they changed it, the mag can still change form after lvl 100 depending on its stats (though a strike type can only change to other strike types, it can only change between delphinus, cygnus or libra), it does a check for changing form at every 5 lvls.

Kokonoe

Banned
What drops Guld & Milla?

Also: Finally got the sword I've been wanting. It rocks.

iSylj3J93LwPP.png

Unless they changed it, the mag can still change form after lvl 100 depending on its stats (though a strike type can only change to other strike types, it can only change between delphinus, cygnus or libra), it does a check for changing form at every 5 lvls.

Oh neat. Didn't know that.

VH+ Dark Falz Elder or the large end crystal in Tower Defense VH+? (not sure if it's VH+ or only SH).

I got the rare on VH mining defense EQ. Can't use it though.

Even though I'm only lvl52 on my braver, I run super hard mining defense now and take an exp reduction because I want a freaking vibras bow and/or katana. I invested in a tech mag, and wanted to hybridize like I did in PSO as a Hunewearl. But I keep getting stuff I can't use/don't really want. I still don't have a sazan lvl 16.It's the curse of RNG, you never get something when you want it, but find loot when you don't expect it.

ign: MegaMegaBot if anyone wants to friend me. I'm on randomly a few times during the week. Character name was MegaWoMan.

Maybesew

So I have all the patches installed from the Tweaker now, and should be all up to date, but all of my items are still in Japanese. Any ideas?

So I have all the patches installed from the Tweaker now, and should be all up to date, but all of my items are still in Japanese. Any ideas?

On that orb in the top left of tweaker, click it and look for something to translate items.

edit: Also did you install the story patch? I never install that anymore because an old version used to crash the at the event rectangles. Did they fix that?

Maybesew

On that orb in the top left of tweaker, click it and look for something to translate items.

edit: Also did you install the story patch? I never install that anymore because an old version used to crash the at the event rectangles. Did they fix that?

Yeah I did. I've launched the game twice since then, and no issues with any crashes. It's version was 1/10/14 so its pretty new

so I am reinstalling the game. With the tweaker out now, what do I do. DL client > install > tweaker? will the tweaker install all the english patches?

ezodagrom

so I am reinstalling the game. With the tweaker out now, what do I do. DL client > install > tweaker? will the tweaker install all the english patches?
The tweaker doesn't install the story patch, it has to be obtained through this page.
http://arks-layer.com/story.php

Though if you're not interested in the story, you can skip the story patch, it's alot bigger than the others (almost 3GB extracted, compressed it's around 2GB).

pikablu

So I finally got this game installed on both mine and my girlfriends computers. I'll be hopping on today around 5pm est. Guess i'll be joining ship 2, block 20. might see some of you there.

Loved the first PSO as well as played the beta for PSO2 for a couple weeks. Looking forward to plunging in again.

Somebody really needs to update the OP so newbies know to stay way clear of b20

I actually talked to Hasemo privately about doing a new OP since he doesn't play anymore, but I haven't had the time to get the ball rolling on anything other than that (ironically, because I'm hauling ass in game to try to get reverse bingo done before it goes away tomorrow night). I still need to talk to a mod to make sure an OT3 is acceptable, then it'll be a bit to update everything from there.

ShinMaruku

Broke out of my pso2 rut. Been playing braver with my newly redesigned newman in her fur ruffled Kimono, I been feeling badass with Shunka.

pikablu

Well it turns out we're playing on ship 05. I didn't know you couldn't freely switch blocks without making a new character or paying.

Still I must say this game is so polished and probably the most fun I've had with an mmorpg since the first pso. There is something so fun about killing things and looking for rare drops;

What drops Guld & Milla?

Also: Finally got the sword I've been wanting. It rocks.

iSylj3J93LwPP.png

Oh neat. Didn't know that.

Nice. I'm pretty stuck right now with my weapon. Have a 10* katana that everyone seems to use but the ones higher than it require an absurd amount of SATK or DEX. Not even close to a better one right now at level 51 and this grind is brutal.

Stuck at 700 something for the katana's stats right now. Hopefully the crafting system tomorrow can improve it.

Top Bottom