• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Nice. I'm pretty stuck right now with my weapon. Have a 10* katana that everyone seems to use but the ones higher than it require an absurd amount of SATK or DEX. Not even close to a better one right now at level 51 and this grind is brutal.
Are you on a "permanent" +50% EXP from boosts bought with Photon Spheres/Crystals?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So glad I already had everything installed still. That download normally takes forever...The patching/updating still took a bit, but it wasn't as bad as before.

So is it best to run Tweaker every time I start the game up and use that to check for updates to English files before launching (through Tweaker)?

Reknoc

Every time seems a little excessive, unless somethings changed there's not usually a new patch until the game has an update.

Though I have to run the game through tweaker every time because I can't launch the game through the launcher.

Wonko_C

It has to be launched through the Tweaker to be able to use the item translations anyway, unless something's changed.

ShinMaruku

fu2j.jpg

Had a good run.
qefh.jpg

Too much vergil fans.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I logged in yesterday, items were still in Japanese. Then this lady pops up and starts announcing an event going on? In Japanese...So I had no idea. :( And THEN I get some pop up about a login bonus maybe?

I hate not being able to read this game. It's really discouraging.

I logged in yesterday, items were still in Japanese. Then this lady pops up and starts announcing an event going on? In Japanese...So I had no idea. :( And THEN I get some pop up about a login bonus maybe?

I hate not being able to read this game. It's really discouraging.

The popup was probably the Arks Road lady. Arks Road is a guided tutorial thing, and you get some minor items for completing it. It's usually pretty easy to guess what it wants you to do by looking at where it's pointing you to (the dot with the distance number on it leads you to the current Arks Road objective).

Every day you log in you get one stamp (plus an extra stamp if you have an active Premium Set at the time you log in) and you get an item every 5 or 10 stamps. You also get FUN points, the distribution of which is tied to how many days you log in consecutively (up to 5 days).

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Well I'm finally getting back on this game. Created a new dewman ranger. I know everyone is on ship 2 but not B-20 anymore? 11933501 is my friend code. Is team GAF still together? If so, who do I talk to about an invite?

demonkaze

I was wondering how I go about getting new costumes to wear? Granted i'm only Lv 19 but it seems the shops in the lobby doesn't update with new items?

Spent the last few days downloading this all again, used the PSO2 Tweaker to sort everything out... Then I run the game, nothing shows, it says "SEGA" then it crashes. Annoyingly it has worked before for me. Any suggestions?

Spent the last few days downloading this all again, used the PSO2 Tweaker to sort everything out... Then I run the game, nothing shows, it says "SEGA" then it crashes. Annoyingly it has worked before for me. Any suggestions?
Uninstall all mods for the game and run it normally through the SEGA launcher first. The easy, but slow way to accomplish this is to select "file check" from the official launcher, which searches all bazillion file chunks for corrupted/modified data and downloads fresh versions from the cloud.

Scirrocco

I was wondering how I go about getting new costumes to wear? Granted i'm only Lv 19 but it seems the shops in the lobby doesn't update with new items?

If you have an extra character slot, could you make a costume you like with the second slot, go to the boutique and buy a basic costume, and put the old one you want in storage, then delete the character?

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could work to get you what you want from the character generator at least.

ezodagrom

If you have an extra character slot, could you make a costume you like with the second slot, go to the boutique and buy a basic costume, and put the old one you want in storage, then delete the character?

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could work to get you what you want from the character generator at least.
Yes, you can create a character, buy a random outfit from the outfit shop, put the old one in storage and delete the character, though the deletion process now takes 24 hours.

Soup Bar

Is there anyone that can help me with the Captcha? I've been losing my mind and I can't seem to match it letter for letter. I appreciate any help.

Xq51oah.png

I'd really love to get a group to roll with a cpl nights a week. I'm level 23 but willing to roll a fresh start if people wanted to. I'm just missing that comradery(sp?) that I experienced with pso on xbl.

Vote for your favorite male and female PSO2 NPC once each day and the winner will get some item created based off of them (hint: vote Risa all day erry day)

Looking at the vote page I thought "well, anyone's fine, as long as that person doesn't win."

Took me a while to recognize the kanas, but I finally read her name.

"Risa."

Oh, fuck.

Scirrocco

So it seems I've outsmarted myself. I thought i'd recreate my old PSO ramar, a guy who supports with damage but also get buff spells, so i've spent a lot of time levelling force, only to discover, apparently subclass forces can't use shifta/deband. Is it worth keeping force as a subclass or should i start leveling something else? And I can't seem to equip any force weapons either.

Also i just discovered extending weapons. This seems really broken, basically doubling my weapons attack power. The game was fun before but it seems like easy mode now. Does it get better later on?

So it seems I've outsmarted myself. I thought i'd recreate my old PSO ramar, a guy who supports with damage but also get buff spells, so i've spent a lot of time levelling force, only to discover, apparently subclass forces can't use shifta/deband. Is it worth keeping force as a subclass or should i start leveling something else? And I can't seem to equip any force weapons either.

Also i just discovered extending weapons. This seems really broken, basically doubling my weapons attack power. The game was fun before but it seems like easy mode now. Does it get better later on?

That doesn't sound right. If you have Force or Techer as a subclass you should be able to cast Technics from your numbered palette regardless of equipped weapon. I've never heard of any Technics you can't cast this way.

That said, casting buffs when not a career Force sounds pretty pointless; you're giving up a lot of your potential in exchange for being able to cast a 20 second buff that doesn't make up the damage you'd be doing unbuffed with a proper build.

To equip a Rod, Talis, or Wand without Force or Techer as your main class, you would have to either get an all-class weapon of that class or possibly extend a weapon to add a class compatibility (?)

Subclassed FOs still get access to techs, but you can only place them on your hotbar. You can also still equip multiclass Force weapons, many of which can be gotten for cheap on the player shop.

The thing about weapon extension is that customized weapons have a much lower minimum damage threshold than most weapons, which overall makes customized weapons deal about half the damage on average that a regular weapon with the same ATK stat will. But shit will get harder as you get farther in the game.

Extending equipment was added just last week. It was so people who couldn't farm higher tier gear or don't run extreme quests could get something decent. It looks like the damage is decent for lower level but later extended weapons have lower attack then the better 10 stars and they don't have the dex bonus, so your average damage is lower because it fluctuates between the min and max damage more. The developers even stated the dex loss on extending rares was intended.

Later in the game on super hard, being tanky is surviving like 4 hits. Most people die in like 2-3, and some attacks would just one shot you, so the game does get harder later, but in MPAs someone should revive you if for example you get one shot by Ringda (Horse guy who shoots tornadoes and laser beams everywhere).

If you want to cast shifta and deband just put it on your 1-0 hotkeys. You don't even need a force/techer all-class weapon since the weapon doesn't effect the buff's stats.

Scirrocco

If you want to cast shifta and deband just put it on your 1-0 hotkeys. You don't even need a force/techer all-class weapon since the weapon doesn't effect the buff's stats.

Really? Because i'm not seeing them. I use a controller, so i'm assuming your talking about palletes. When i go to customize, i see everything except shifta & deband. Although your probably right because Lisa just cast it when i had her as a partner.

One last question. As part of my arks road, i crafted a tech upgrade. Currently the tech is level 4. If i use the upgrade, will it carry over if i level up the tech? I assume so i just wanted to double check.

Glad to know the game gets harder. It already seemed like kind of easy mode before extension.

Top Bottom