• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

ezodagrom

Really? Because i'm not seeing them. I use a controller, so i'm assuming your talking about palletes. When i go to customize, i see everything except shifta & deband. Although your probably right because Lisa just cast it when i had her as a partner.

One last question. As part of my arks road, i crafted a tech upgrade. Currently the tech is level 4. If i use the upgrade, will it carry over if i level up the tech? I assume so i just wanted to double check.

Glad to know the game gets harder. It already seemed like kind of easy mode before extension.
Probably it does carry over, but don't use any crafted technic without paying attention to its effects.
Every crafted technic has both a positive and a negative aspect, like, increasing power but also increasing PP consumption, decreasing charge time but also decreasing status effect rate, and so on.
Also the values for crafted technics are random, so you can get something with a bigger negative aspect than the positive one.

About crafted weapons and the game being too easy, I recommend not using crafted weapons until you reach very hard or super hard mode (or even not using crafted weapons at all, they have higher damage variation than 7* or higher weapons).

Reknoc

I misread this at first, but now I wonder if that post was intended in the first place

It wasn't but now that you mention it I guess it's not entirely untrue. ufufufufufufufufufufu

Gonna be interesting to see the results. Not really sure what the fan favourites are but if I had to guess it would be Quna and Tea (maybe, hopefully, Lisa!). Dunno about the males, most of them are p.awful.

I find SH mining defense much easier than any other difficulty. That's because usually the SH group is more knowledgeable on healing, shielding, and using turrents. I had very hard runs when I was leveling my techer end up as a disaster as people just ran around and barely any shields were popped or the mines placed on the towers weren't taken care of.

I had a couple defense runs yesterday where the group just steamrolled everything without using any gems (finished at around 2600 gems collected, not even enough for the second tower heal). Things just died super-fast, even the last boss was dead before he could throw a single bomb.

You have to wonder why they would let somebody like that anywhere near a weapon

Was Chelsea actually cray cray? All I remember of her in pspo2 is having a fake French accent and having a champagne SUV.

Zelias

Banned
You have to wonder why they would let somebody like that anywhere near a weapon

Was Chelsea actually cray cray? All I remember of her in pspo2 is having a fake French accent and having a champagne SUV.
She wasn't crazy, but she had a history as a military instructor and in full on army ma'am mode could have Curtz - who at this point was commander of Gurhal's military - eating out of her hand. There's a side story showing this.

After leaving the army and joining Little Wing she got a remodel and changed her accent, iirc.

i'm really hoping with the release of the PS4 in Japan, sometime down the line this games to the PS4. Being free to play, I'm not sure how that would work out on the Xbox One.

ShinMaruku

Braver is really fun in this current incarnation. Katana combat is also a interesting mechanic to learn. Makes boss fights lots of fun.

Reknoc

eHCIhav.jpg

Democracy has failed us again. Maybe she can overtake in the next few days before it's closed.

edit: think i'll buy that 2nd vita package as well. Quebely mag <3

edit2: this has just become very relevant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQMO0rF5JM

Reknoc

I'm too casual so most of those things were lost on me but; tiny crown!

I wish I made a male character now so I could use the fundoshi

My PC is finally built so I will be coming back probably full force again. Sucks I didn't keep up with patches as I feel there will be a lot of them so I guess I'll leave it on tonight while I sleep to update.

It matters if you're like a min-maxer beyond all min-maxers because certain endgame weapons can't be equipped by certain race/class combinations, but you might not even end up liking that weapon's playstyle by the time you reach the level where you can equip it. Just create your character based on pure cosmetics and you'll be fine.

You won't be suffering as long as you aren't a robot trying to do magic. Magic Robots are treated very poorly by the game developers in their planning and balancing of the FO/TE classes. Other than that you should be able to equip anything you want as long as you don't mess up your mag or skill trees too badly.

Uthred

Cool, good to know, looking through various guides while Im waiting for it to patch. Seems to be some amount of cosmetic content, but am I right in thinking that you cant buy it outright you have to gamble on a gacha type thing? (Haunting memories of P&D resurface)

You can buy cosmetics off of people through the player shops. Don't need to pay real money if you don't want to.

Also "some cosmetics" is a bit of an understatement.

Uthred

You can buy cosmetics off of people through the player shops. Don't need to pay real money if you don't want to.

Also "some cosmetics" is a bit of an understatement.

Ah local idiom, "some amount" implies a large amount ;) Glad to see you can get then without real cash

You won't be suffering as long as you aren't a robot trying to do magic. Magic Robots are treated very poorly by the game developers in their planning and balancing of the FO/TE classes. Other than that you should be able to equip anything you want as long as you don't mess up your mag or skill trees too badly.
But they are at an advantage for equipping an Elysion without making a specialized build! That must count for something!.... guys? Guys?

But they are at an advantage for equipping an Elysion without making a specialized build! That must count for something!.... guys? Guys?

Insert long ignorant tirade about the viability of an Elysion only build focused on the excessive use sazan and how its THE only way ANYONE should EVER play Force here

I suppose they are, but the T-atk loss is gargantuan. Take it from me, who started off and spent the better part of the game's first year as a career Focaseal. Its a hard life. There are so many better things you can be doing as a Cast.

(Also Elysion is ok, its not the best weapon but it does have its places. But that doesn't really matter to most people. Going out of your way to equip it is a bit silly though because come next level cap you'll have more than exceeded the requirements as a newearl anyways.)

ezodagrom

Is the My Room option free these days? The OP says you need to pay for it but it allowed me to access it straight off.
Since the launch of Episode 2, free players have access to a smaller room, mini-room.
It's very limited, can't change background scenery, room theme, and has a very limited amount of space for room decorations.

Reknoc

was fooling around with my partner console when some guy who randomly sent an invite i accepted decided to look at my room :( my poverty room only has a partner console, a trick darts machine and a jukebox playing nothing but City Escape.

He didn't stick around very long, must have gone to follow his rainbow

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
I finally got an Elysion from Falz but I'm not really understanding the notion people have that it's the end-all weapon for every single purpose; though it's pretty handy for when you just need a cheap/quick burst of single target damage. Maybe I just need to spend some more time spamming it on everything that walks into my line of vision?

brb soloing mining defense with just sazan

(also being a mahou robo is suffering)

Top Bottom