• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Reknoc

preview for the crossover costumes from everyones favourite naked mma manga

IHGB0z5.jpg

also a giant naked guy will be hanging around the shopping area

kpaE8W0.jpg

Garteal

Aaaaand... the patch is live, no translations though as of this writing.

Yes, the new TD, "Incursion" is a very sweet addition with 5 bases to defend, other boss(es) to fight and a new boss named "Vidluda". The fact that there are 5 jumpers available might indicate that it's a huge area that this all will take place in.

s0INILG.jpg

The addition of SH AQ quests and new 11 star drops also pumps me up as there's more things to hunt for now.

For the complete list of updates etc, check out Bumped.

Oh, don't forget to say the secret phrase in chat for some (free?) Lobby Actions.
Secret Phrase

Say ばくてんたろう in chat sometime between now through March 12th’s maintenance to receive lobby actions from the co-hosts of the PSO2 Live Broadcast!
These lobby actions will be distributed at a later time!

Any of you still (actively) playing the game?

I got a lot of other stuff on my plate, but this patch fixed a lot of gripes I had with the game. I'll probably get back into the swing of binds when they add more maps, which Mothership qualifies as.

Also the patch back-rewards EXP with the new leveling curve, so you may log in today to find you've gained a few extra levels and/or excubes.

Can someone help me please? I downloaded the last version of the tweaker, followed instructions to fix permissions, but I am still getting the message " has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe. file is not updated." when clicking on pso2launcher and when I click on pso2updater I get the message that I don't have authorizations etc. Can you please help me? I really want to play this game because I know some japanese.

Edit: I really want to play the game. I think the tweaker modifies the pso2updater.exe which gives me the message I don't have authorization, while the pso2launcher is the one who gives me the message " has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe. file is not updated." and it is the one which should be tweaked not the updater. Please anyone help me? read my first post and this one. Thanks

Now I deleted all the files. Can someone help me how to get the game working and downloading from scratch pleae? Thank you.

Can someone help me please? I downloaded the last version of the tweaker, followed instructions to fix permissions, but I am still getting the message " has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe. file is not updated." when clicking on pso2launcher and when I click on pso2updater I get the message that I don't have authorizations etc. Can you please help me? I really want to play this game because I know some japanese.

Edit: I really want to play the game. I think the tweaker modifies the pso2updater.exe which gives me the message I don't have authorization, while the pso2launcher is the one who gives me the message " has canceled the launch of pso2updater.exe. file is not updated." and it is the one which should be tweaked not the updater. Please anyone help me? read my first post and this one. Thanks

Now I deleted all the files. Can someone help me how to get the game working and downloading from scratch pleae? Thank you.

It sounds like you're trying to run the game on a user account that doesn't have administrative rights. You have to approve admin rights to the game every time you run it because of GameGuard.

It sounds like you're trying to run the game on a user account that doesn't have administrative rights. You have to approve admin rights to the game every time you run it because of GameGuard.

Yes probably that but I thought the tweaker has an option to fix permissions but it doesn't work. Can you please tell me how to do it? Thanks.

Yes I am.

Need screenshots of exactly what you're seeing when you try to run the game then. On Vista and later trying to run the launcher should trigger a UAC popup which lets you accept or deny.

Also, I think it should go without saying, you should always try to run the game completely unpatched first before you attempt to use the tweaker.

Need screenshots of exactly what you're seeing when you try to run the game then. On Vista and later trying to run the launcher should trigger a UAC popup which lets you accept or deny.

Also, I think it should go without saying, you should always try to run the game completely unpatched first before you attempt to use the tweaker.

My Windows is in French

http://i.imgur.com/J3DSsXL.png?1

I could not even start downloading the game, That is what I get when clicking the launcher.

Yes I downloaded the game installer from that page but when the launcher to download the game, I get that message.

All I can think of is the game really doesn't like being run in your current language. Try changing the language for non-unicode programs to English or Japanese, or use something like AppLocale. Might have to re-run the installation program using that too.

Garteal

Clearly there's something wrong with your installation as pointed out before; the game data is missing.

Download the English installer of PSO2 at arks-layer. It's much better and comes with a lot of updates. It'll be a faster download too. You need a torrent client for it though.
Download it, run it so that it can update to the latest version, then download the Tweaker if you haven't already, let it verify your installation and download eventual updates it might need and install the patches.

Clearly there's something wrong with your installation as pointed out before; the game data is missing.

Download the English installer of PSO2 at arks-layer. It's much better and comes with a lot of updates. It'll be a faster download too. You need a torrent client for it though.
Download it, run it so that it can update to the latest version, then download the Tweaker if you haven't already, let it verify your installation and download eventual updates it might need and install the patches.

Thanks, I am downlaoding it via torrent. I hope it will work, menawhile, I will reformat my PS Vita memory card and use my japanese PSN ID to download the game since I know some Hiragana and Katakana now.

Thank you very much, I downloaded via torrent and used the tweaker then it worked very fine. I created a charcter then I downloaded the PS Vita version and I found my same character that I created on PC. This is very wonderful. Sadly, I can't follow both versions very well because my japanese is still limited for now. I hope they release a western version so soon.

Garteal

You're better off playing it on the PC for now since it's (mostly) translated. In order to install the English patch, click on the orb on the top-left of the PSO Tweaker window, go to the "Install/Update patches" submenu and install the English patch and the English Large Files. You may also install the story patch if you're interested in that. Click "No" in the two prompts that follow up and it'll start installing.

Now you have patched the majority of the game in English, but the items will not be translated. To enable that, click on the orb again and tick "Translate items".

You're better off playing it on the PC for now since it's (mostly) translated. In order to install the English patch, click on the orb on the top-left of the PSO Tweaker window, go to the "Install/Update patches" submenu and install the English patch and the English Large Files. You may also install the story patch if you're interested in that. Click "No" in the two prompts that follow up and it'll start installing.

Now you have patched the majority of the game in English, but the items will not be translated. To enable that, click on the orb again and tick "Translate items".

Ah, yes thank you, I downloaded all the patches, but like you said I forgot to translate the items which made it difficult for me. Still , not everything is translated but thank you for your help.

Edit: Now the game worked for me and I downloaded every translation patch, the probelm is that I am still getting japanese senetences since the start of the game. Is it normal?

I get everything in japanese after I chose the first option:

http://imgur.com/a/HKWF5

Is it a bug or just the tutorial wasn't translated?

Edit: Finished tuorial, everything after is in japanese:

http://i.imgur.com/Wp71stz.jpg

...so I played this for like 160 hours in 3-4 weeks and stopped two months ago.

Haven't played since, have no desire to.

...I should really stop burning myself out on games.

...so I played this for like 160 hours in 3-4 weeks and stopped two months ago.

Haven't played since, have no desire to.

...I should really stop burning myself out on games.

PSO2 is really easy to do that in sadly. The game is fun as hell when your playing and have a slight goal but soon as you reach it or find something even a tiny bit interesting to do outside of playing PSO2, theres like no desire to go back. That happened to me at least. Played the beta to death, on release it just sat on my PC for a year til last summer then I played again. Now its been like 6 months since I played once again lol.

ShinMaruku

It can be a bit rough. Just stay near the towers and kill those spawns . If you have 3 or so on two towers and the rest managing the rest you are golden.

TD is unique in that it needs almost everyone present to be at least competent to succeed. If you're playing on a difficulty lower than Super Hard (where anyone who has been playing long enough to reach that point is, because of the absurdly large payoff for completion) I would almost suggest not bothering, because finding enough skill to go around is not guaranteed at that point.

I've yet to manage a fourth run :/ Came within half a minute of one at best.

Soma

I still haven't even done a third run. :/

I did manage to place first for once in the last pub game I joined in. :D

I tried it on my own with like 2 other random people joining up just to see what I was getting into. I do it with all new E Quests just to get a feel for them so it's not too bad. I'd be pissed if I really knew what I was doing and lost though.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Wave 1: Camp the top 3 spawn points/ nuke everything as it spawns
Wave 2: Kill things at spawn point > pick off stragglers/teleporting bugs at towers
Wave 3: etc etc, kill Gwana
Wave 4: Chill at towers > run at and wipe out incoming hoard
Wave 5: Tower > proceed to vaporize Ragne in 10 seconds > kill everything
Wave 6: WB boss foot > break foot to stagger > WB butt > Everyone rails his ass > Repeat until dead > kill the last group of darkers that spawn after the bosses dies

Watch out for Vibras chucking a bomb at one of the towers during 6, it'll explode after a couple of seconds or so and instantly destroys a tower. (Although with the fast parties he never gets a chance anyway)

General idea for all the classes is:
BR and GU - DPS everything to death
The WB = WB tower infections, Gwana in 3, Ragne in 5 (leg > break leg > zerg rush the core) , Vibras in 6 (foot > butt > repeat)
Tech users = Use zondeel suction to group enemies together for everyone, especially in wave 4, just don't set it off.

If you can't kill things quickly don't aggro spawns by yourself and make things run around. It'll slow down the run.

Use the photon barrier to kill tower infections (hi fo and te) and stall large groups of darkers for people to reach and help kill at the tower.

Keep the towers as healthy as possible for more drops and use your all heals if you haven't yet at the end. Remember it's the tower health/quest rank that increases the drops not your individual ranking.

If you're running pub all the the time (like me :D) hope you don't get a mpa full of tech classes/people running bad class combos/leveling their level 1 sub (and get a thousand gu/hu and br/hu instead)

tldr version; Br/Hu and Gu/Hu kills everything, WB bosses, dead ragne/vibras asap, try not to kaboom zondeel, fo and te dps cries ;__;

edit: Also. start the teleporter as soon as the menu says the mpa is 12/12, because chances are everyone is sitting in the campship conserving boosters.

Wave 1: Camp the top 3 spawn points/ nuke everything as it spawns
Wave 2: Kill things at spawn point > pick off stragglers/teleporting bugs at towers
Wave 3: etc etc, kill Gwana
Wave 4: Chill at towers > run at and wipe out incoming hoard
Wave 5: Tower > proceed to vaporize Ragne in 10 seconds > kill everything
Wave 6: WB boss foot > break foot to stagger > WB butt > Everyone rails his ass > Repeat until dead > kill the last group of darkers that spawn after the bosses dies

Watch out for Vibras chucking a bomb at one of the towers during 6, it'll explode after a couple of seconds or so and instantly destroys a tower. (Although with the fast parties he never gets a chance anyway)

General idea for all the classes is:
BR and GU - DPS everything to death
The WB = WB tower infections, Gwana in 3, Ragne in 5 (leg > break leg > zerg rush the core) , Vibras in 6 (foot > butt > repeat)
Tech users = Use zondeel suction to group enemies together for everyone, especially in wave 4, just don't set it off.

If you can't kill things quickly don't aggro spawns by yourself and make things run around. It'll slow down the run.

Use the photon barrier to kill tower infections (hi fo and te) and stall large groups of darkers for people to reach and help kill at the tower.

Keep the towers as healthy as possible for more drops and use your all heals if you haven't yet at the end. Remember it's the tower health/quest rank that increases the drops not your individual ranking.

If you're running pub all the the time (like me :D) hope you don't get a mpa full of tech classes/people running bad class combos/leveling their level 1 sub (and get a thousand gu/hu and br/hu instead)

tldr version; Br/Hu and Gu/Hu kills everything, WB bosses, dead ragne/vibras asap, try not to kaboom zondeel, fo and te dps cries ;__;

edit: Also. start the teleporter as soon as the menu says the mpa is 12/12, because chances are everyone is sitting in the campship conserving boosters.

I did not understand a single thing you just said. The only thing I think i got is what classes own here. I myself use a Ranger. All my other classes are not even touched.

If your organized MPA is strong/competent enough you can also spawn kill wave 4 faster than if you were to have everyone work together for wave 4. Also spawn kill wave 5.

Basically, spawn kill every single wave and instakill Vibras before he can even move. And then rage at tower infections timer scamming your 4 runs because you keep forgetting to pre-barrier the towers.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
I did not understand a single thing you just said. The only thing I think i got is what classes own here. I myself use a Ranger. All my other classes are not even touched.
Well yeah, I was mostly just giving general advice on what to do during each wave.

I run RaHu sometimes during the emergency and it usually comes down to 4 things:
1. Putting weak bullet on things. (stragglers, golradas, tower infections, vibras bomb, whatever)
2. Weak bullet on the boss in a way that allows the MPA to kill it as soon as possible. (Ragne's core, Vibras red abdomen, Gwana's whatever)
3. Knock stuff down for people with launcher/rifle.
4. Cluster bullet/Thrillerplode clumped spawns.

Also, staying away from B20 probably helps with getting more runs assuming you're running with a public MPA or something since B20 is...itself.

Well yeah, I was mostly just giving general advice on what to do during each wave.

I run RaHu sometimes during the emergency and it usually comes down to 4 things:
1. Putting weak bullet on things. (stragglers, golradas, tower infections, vibras bomb, whatever)
2. Weak bullet on the boss in a way that allows the MPA to kill it as soon as possible. (Ragne's core, Vibras red abdomen, Gwana's whatever)
3. Knock stuff down for people with launcher/rifle.
4. Cluster bullet/Thrillerplode clumped spawns.

Also, staying away from B20 probably helps with getting more runs assuming you're running with a public MPA or something since B20 is...itself.

What's a MPA? Also, I don't have that Thrillerplode either :/

What's a MPA? Also, I don't have that Thrillerplode either :/

MPA is the abbreviation for "Multi-Party Area" Basically, any quest that has more than 4 people running around in it. Thrillsplode is a really good gunslash PA thats super common. You could always buy one from player shops to tide you over until you eventually find a level 16 one (thrillsplosde gets a large damage boost at level 16, but is still no slouch at lower levels)

MPA is the abbreviation for "Multi-Party Area" Basically, any quest that has more than 4 people running around in it. Thrillsplode is a really good gunslash PA thats super common. You could always buy one from player shops to tide you over until you eventually find a level 16 one (thrillsplosde gets a large damage boost at level 16, but is still no slouch at lower levels)
If it's cheap I'll buy it cause I'm broke. Like in the hundreds only broke.
Nevemind, I found one and got it. Thanks for the help guys

Garteal

Updating atm. Expecting to see nearly everyone in a shingeki costume when I log in.

In other news, the SEA(South East Asian) PSO2 teaser site has been launched. Judging by the screenshots, the game will be playable in English natively. Perhaps a good chance to try the game out (if it ever releases) for those that don't want to give the Japanese version (with patches) a try.

Edit: Got my first Induction TD run and it was pretty intense. Didn't get anything good though since you need the towers at high health for better drops.

Cmagus

The new lobby music for this event is amazing I don't wanna leave. I got my hands on the new outfit its pretty sweet looking. Well back to farming 10 star lol...

ibhdLLfNWCA542.png

Top Bottom