• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Garteal

Yeah and you can get the disc by drawing FUN scratches which you can listen to in your (team)room.

Edit: Is anyone having connection issues too and having random disconnects?

ys45

So I have not been following too much news about this game but will Sega ever release this game in English or what ?

So I have not been following too much news about this game but will Sega ever release this game in English or what ?

The post right above yours, bub

Man what the hell did they do to the font. Feels so out of place and the Japanese alphanumeric typeface was already fine.

Honestly, I'd still recommend playing on the JP servers if you're going to play the game. They're pretty much guaranteed to be ahead of any other server in terms of content, and I hear there have been great strides in the level of English fan-translation available (though I play without any translation patch).

What's with the weird E Quest in the F. Continent. I played it while ago and it was interesting. Killing White monsters was fine, but dat music lol

ezodagrom

What's with the weird E Quest in the F. Continent. I played it while ago and it was interesting. Killing White monsters was fine, but dat music lol
It's a seasonal event quest to celebrate White Day, similar to the Valentine EQ, Christmas EQ, Halloween EQ and so on.
The White Day EQ will only be around until April 9, it will be removed afterwards.

Base Intrusion is definitely less forgiving to terrible parties. First run was great and even finished under 15 minutes, second one... apparently some people still don't know how to barrier burst? It's a lot harder to roll your eyes and Get Shit Done yourself cause everything is spaced farther apart and you have fewer defensive options.

Garteal

Base Intrusion is definitely less forgiving to terrible parties. First run was great and even finished under 15 minutes, second one... apparently some people still don't know how to barrier burst? It's a lot harder to roll your eyes and Get Shit Done yourself cause everything is spaced farther apart and you have fewer defensive options.
Yeah. It'll be 'crappy' runs for a bit until (more) people figure out how to do this properly. There needs to be some form of coordination at least to get an S-rank run. Despite all the bad runs I'm having fun (if I don't get randomly d/c'd). It's challenging at least.

For me I've only got one run where I didn't feel like I was doing everything. My last run was ridiculous. 2nd place only got like 1.7k cpts.
pso2-intrusiont6aoo.jpg

As always, avoid B20 for anything, try to get your EQs in any block but that one.

I actually still don't know how to do this and would love to lear but I seem to be unlucky as I never seem to catch it. This drops a lot of good stuff right?

Wunderdoo

Neo Member

Things get so out of hand for this one in public runs if you don't get matched up with any good Br/Hu or Gu/Hu lol. As soon as the first wall goes down it's only a matter of time before things start blowing up, since everyone can't quickly pick things off before they dart away. Not to mention people are all over the place; I'm always worried a tower isn't being watched but I don't want to leave my position to check because of the long travel to and from...even with jump pads. ;_;

It feels like I'm taking a massive gamble when I'm not rolling on my Gunner for this version of Base too. I had a run before with multiple Rangers/5+ tech users/a few Hunters one time; each wave took forever and we barely got away with one tower left.

But honestly, I enjoy the fact it's more engaging than the first one at least.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Oh sorry I'm blind

But why Asia is getting an English version while we get nothing ?
At least I will be able to try this game (finally)
Asiasoft is publishing the game in Asia. SEGA just doesn't seem interested in bothering with this game outside of Japan.

Reknoc

Are you guys ready for hella shit
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-livestream-18-recap/

LV70 cap, new class skills, Rangers maybe not becoming poop, more

Edit: new cut in chat designs. This is the most important addition

i'm not ready, i still haven't hit the current cap, not even sure if i've even hit the original cap

T-T

Change your Character or Player ID Name.
Character Name = 1,500 AC / Player ID Name = 3,000 AC

oh god finally. hate my mains name.

All these updates, and they still won't give Cast any variations of the cool event costumes. This blatant discrimination must not stand!

I DON'T WANT TO BE A LOLI DAMMIT!

Garteal

Aprilish, I think?

Here's the trailer. It's a pretty meaty update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjybAwSLMDE

edit: also another Dark Falz slated for May
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmr0Us8BID0
Daaamn, so many good updates in such a short timespan. New boss looks very nice.
Is that a new area near the end of the update video?

61/65 atm on a second char. I should hit 65/65 before this is out.

I wonder... class nerfs?

I'm guessing less class nerfs and more targeted nerfs (Shunka).

New area is the Oracle Mothership. Not sure if it's going to be always accessible or if it's a story/EQ thing like Arks Ship Themis.

Garteal

I'm guessing less class nerfs and more targeted nerfs (Shunka).
If they nerf PAs then they're also nerfing the class essentially. If they do go down this road though, I hope they will distribute skill reset tickets.

Shunka isn't the only 'OP' PA anymore anyway, FO's also have a couple like Il Barta.

Bad exchange rate, security risk if AIDA is as bad at keeping customer data as he is at programming, plus there are those recent rumors about the proceeds being used to launder RMT accounts. Pretty sure that last one is fake, but PSO-W blew up pretty hard about it today.

You got a link to it. I'm interesting in reading it. Plus looks like they put up Arks Layer as a way to get webmoney :/

Reknoc

Last place I got webmoney from was play-asia, was about the same price as everywhere else I looked (maybe like, a couple quid more), instant, and didn't require any long winded id checks.

Codiox

okay guys, after exactly one year, i finally gonna get into the game again! I just hit the update button.

so my plan is this:

-let it update latest patch trough inbuild updater
-copy the english fan patch over
-play the game!

am i missing somethng? is my character gone maybe? because i was one year not active.

which server do the gaffers play?

okay guys, after exactly one year, i finally gonna get into the game again! I just hit the update button.

so my plan is this:

-let it update latest patch trough inbuild updater
-copy the english fan patch over
-play the game!

am i missing somethng? is my character gone maybe? because i was one year not active.

which server do the gaffers play?

We are mostly in Ship2. And no, your characters shouldn't be deleted. I took a long break from it a while ago and when I came back, he was still there.
By the way, do you have the auto tweeker to patch it? It makes doing the english patching since it does it for you. It also downloads the latest english patches aswell, except for Story patch since it is too big for it to download.

Garteal

I started playing back in December again and I made my character back in the Beta days. Your character(s) will still be there, and you'll find some surprises for you in the Storage and Visiphone terminal.
I suggest to download the PSO Tweaker and have it manage your English patches and such. It can be downloaded here.

We're on the same ship as we decided on back then; the majority should be on Ship 2.

Welcome back.

Codiox

thanks guys!

my update is still running through the normal update launcher, should i abort it and use the PSO2 Tweaker? Since the normal updater is really slow :/

or is the tweaker only for updating the english files?

thanks guys!

my update is still running through the normal update launcher, should i abort it and use the PSO2 Tweaker? Since the normal updater is really slow :/

or is the tweaker only for updating the english files?

I would recomemnd using the normal updater as I have never been successful at using the tweekers PSO2 updater

Codiox

I would recomemnd using the normal updater as I have never been successful at using the tweekers PSO2 updater

alright, i will let it finish updating. Will be a long night but well, it is worth it!

Is there some kind of neogaf clan where i can join? so we can find each other better?

Garteal

You can do both with it. I am personally using the Tweaker to update my PSO files and it works flawlessly with minimal input.

I dont think the GAF team is very active, but if you're still interested, try to search for it in the Visiphone.

Share your Player ID if you guys want to play.
Feel free to add me or whisper. Player ID is Garteal.

Codiox

okay, will share as soon as i can log in, have to reconize my login :p

another question: how advanced is the english patch right now?

Scirrocco

The englsh patch is very good, translating pretty much everything in the menu, but not the story. The story patch is not as complete, sadly. The whole main storyline, at least that ive seen, is finished. Littld things like some sidequest dialog, partner character dialog, and those.little.message beacons in he stage are sadly not translated, but their not critical. Everything you need to understand basically whats going on is.translated.

Hopefully with the new english version, theyll find a wayto copy its dialogue and speed up the translation.

ShinMaruku

So Sega is gonna have to redo a bunch of classes, while I am a fan of what this game could be I think it is best that this never come to the US because it has such incompetence behind it.

Codiox

Everthing okay, it took me 4h to update but now Everthing is fine :) man i missed this game, PSO is very unique.

My Player ID is Codiox just like here on gaf. You can add me!

Top Bottom