• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Yeah, level 7 star and above weapons and units will be bound to your account. You can't trade it with other players anymore if you got premium, but you can still sell it.
More accurately, 7-9 star weapons and units. 10-11 star weapons and units that are not a result of a Pyroxene Shop trade do not get account bound, though they cannot be directly traded or placed into a shared storage, and premium is required to place them into MyShop.

Logged in quickly to check who's on and stuff and... GAFfer detected.

Ah I've definitely seen you around. I'm either on Garteal (65/65) or Kurisu (64/65); mostly on Kurisu though.

Yeah, level 7 star and above weapons and units will be bound to your account. You can't trade it with other players anymore if you got premium, but you can still sell it.
Ohhh good to know.
Also, hey look it's...me hehehe you detected. So you were the one teleporting around when I logged on for a few minutes.

Had fun in this game for the first time since my year and a half break. 3 minutes of reading up before the quest and got 2nd place. Who knew?

69HiRLf.png

For some reason when ever I tried to do the Tower Defense E. Quest with some one I kept getting frozen stuck in one space with out being able to do anything but chat. Is this something rare that happens? Is there a way to fix this?

For some reason when ever I tried to do the Tower Defense E. Quest with some one I kept getting frozen stuck in one space with out being able to do anything but chat. Is this something rare that happens? Is there a way to fix this?

What patches do you have installed? I've never had symptoms like that, but I don't play with any third party patches. Weird stuff like that is usually due to corrupt data client-side.

ezodagrom

If you're using the story patch, a previous version had issues with TD, I think.
Only the most recent version (dated March 31st) doesn't have problems.

I'm using all three recent english patches. I was thinking it might be the patches, but I remembered that I played atleast one TD with it with no problems.
Hold on, I did Have to update again a few days ago. When I finished I reinstalled the patches. I wonder if it has to do with that?

Garteal

What ezodagrom said. Use the absolute latest Story Patch as the earlier versions will cause the issue. There's two TD EQs atm, Base and Incursion. Incursion is the one where you got stuck.

ezodagrom

I re-updated everything a while ago to see if it fixes it. Won't know till the E. Quest though.
Note that "the Arks Layer" doesn't have the most recent version of the story patch.
They usually have a base version in the website, and smaller updates are done throught their tweaker tool, so to get the most recent version of the story patch, you need to use the tweaker to update the base version from the site.

Codiox

just a reminder:

any active (more or less) PSOgaffer can add me (japanese version)! would love to play with you since my friendlist is almost empty T_T

ingame: Codiox

just a reminder:

any active (more or less) PSOgaffer can add me (japanese version)! would love to play with you since my friendlist is almost empty T_T

ingame: Codiox
When and what times are you usually on?
Also, anyone know how to use the PSO2es to get arks cash? Just want to know how it works exactly.

ezodagrom

Also, anyone know how to use the PSO2es to get arks cash? Just want to know how it works exactly.
It's rather straightforward. You link your PSO2 account to PSO2es (more details below), after doing the tutorial you just go to the option to buy AC, purchase AC (it uses google wallet for purchases), and it automatically gets added to your PSO2 account.

About linking a PSO2 account to PSO2es, when first using PSO2es, after it's done updating, the window below appears.
The smartphone icon is for first time players while the Phantasy Star Online 2 icon is for those who have a PSO2 account (this option is the one that links PSO2es to PSO2).

First-time-Player.png

It's rather straightforward. You link your PSO2 account to PSO2es (more details below), after doing the tutorial you just go to the option to buy AC, purchase AC (it uses google wallet for purchases), and it automatically gets added to your PSO2 account.

About linking a PSO2 account to PSO2es, when first using PSO2es, after it's done updating, the window below appears.
The smartphone icon is for first time players while the Phantasy Star Online 2 icon is for those who have a PSO2 account (this option is the one that links PSO2es to PSO2).

First-time-Player.png

Google wallet is part of the google play store right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since nobody could solve my problem, I'm going to do a completely fresh install of PSO2 through the updated Tweaker. Hopefully that makes it so I can finally play again!

wanders

So now that there's an English version coming out has there been any news of the English translation of the Japanese version getting updated? Or is the current translation competent enough to be enjoyable?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What should I be doing to level up? I'm only level 20, but the I just did some beach mission that was sloooooow. Playing a Ranger for the time being.

What should I be doing to level up? I'm only level 20, but the I just did some beach mission that was sloooooow. Playing a Ranger for the time being.

Just keep killing things and doing COs that can be repeated. It's how I did it.
It also helped that some of the guys boosted me through alot of stages and was able to get decent COs from there.

ezodagrom

Best way to level up early on is by doing client orders. Koffie's COs that unlock areas or quests give 15k exp each, and there's also some nice COs from Hans, Revelle, Franka, and Kressida (Franka and Kressida are unlocked with Hard mode).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, thanks guys.

People still on Ship 2? And I figure you guys can help just as quick as the PSOW folks (my post):

Coming back from a LONG while back (pre-English patch). I'm only level 20. What should I focus on? Playing Ranger.

Also, should I be leveling multiple classes now or wait until I max Ranger? I love launchers, and ideally, I want a Guld Milla to re-live the glory days of PSO. Is there a certain sub I should consider?

Oh, and are skill points/builds still a thing? If so, is there a list of "good" builds? I don't want to have to deal with paying money to reset since I'm US and that will be a hassle.

There's a general skill build thread on PSO-W that should point you in the right direction. Although, Rangers are getting buffed tomorrow after the patch, so that means a skill tree reset (make your second free new character right now if you haven't already so you get two reset passes).

Here's the current RA, GU, and by extension, HU skill trees. The new ranger skill being added tommorow may change the tree a bit, but it's unclear how useful it'll actually be. Also theres the level 70 cap so it might be fine.
In any case, you'll want to level up Hu and use it as the sub class for both Gu and Ra because Fury Stance is overpowered and they aren't changing that.

Ranger tree is simple; max the weak hit advances to maximize your damage, max weak bullet for utility, standing snipe for even more damage, and first hit for even more damage. The PAs you'll be looking for are Diffuse Shell (lv16), Homing Emission (lv11+), Impact Slider (lv16), Satellite Cannon (any), and Cluster Bullet (lv11+).

S-roll JA bonus is the most important skill in the Gu tree so cap that. After that put points into the Zero Range Advances because Gu's best PAs are ones done at point-blank range. Attack PP Restraint for better pp recovery and Perfect Keeper to boost damage even more. The rest of the points can go where you'd like them.

I actually stopped playing Gunner entirely because being forced to backflip before every attack in order to not do shit damage became a serious buzzkill really fast. I minded it a lot less before they made Infinity Fire not attack as fast as you could click, but now it's just annoying for no reason other than to be annoying.

I could really use some advice regarding SHAQs because I feel like I'm missing a trick with them. Basically I really, really need a single 11 star weapon of any kind to trade for a pass since I've been grinding like crazy to equip one of the new 11 star katanas and finally have the stats for it. All the advice I was given was to start doing SHAQs and they'll "drop like candy", but so far I've done 4 runs with 250% rare drop boosters combined with the premium drink rare item boost and have seen less rares than the average unboosted EQ - a small handful of 7 stars - and also haven't even been getting anywhere near enough capsules to sustain myself continuing with them.

Is there something I'm missing? Like the missions seem absolute garbage - very few spawns, virtually no emergency codes and the levels have all had tiny layouts, the odd time we've managed a burst it's been hell to keep going because the enemies don't come fast enough.

Failing that is there any better way to get an 11 star at all? I don't care at all what it is, I just need to trade it for a pass.

First two things that come to mind (but may not necessarily affect rates) are:
- were you running the SHAQ with a full party, and
- were you on a Vita block?

First two things that come to mind (but may not necessarily affect rates) are:
- were you running the SHAQ with a full party, and
- were you on a Vita block?

It was a full party each time (almost all capped techers and forces) and it was on the regular block 20 (the only place I've been able to find English players running AQs).

Soma

Yeah this patch should be pretty big.

Level cap extended to 70
New map
New Falz boss?
Class balancing
+ new items

Haven't been on as much recently but I'll be checking out what else this new patch brings.

Oh man, I forgot about that. I guess I'll start now.
Also, what is a SHAQ?

Super Hard Advance Quest

Yeah this patch should be pretty big.

Level cap extended to 70
New map
New Falz boss?
Class balancing
+ new items

Haven't been on as much recently but I'll be checking out what else this new patch brings.

Super Hard Advance Quest

I got the Super Hard, just didn't know what the AQ was. I still don't know what it is though.

I don't know since I've never ran one. I'd assume the same reason you run anything; good drops/exp.

I never get lucky with any drops. I only got semi-good stuff last time because they had that 50% rare drop boost.
Also, your avy...it just reminded me of my love Lisa hahaha

I already love this new Easter quest. Amazing music, 11 star weapon drops, new emergency codes, tons of rare boss spawns, usual mountain of grinders and the layout means you don't have constant mad scrambles to get out and start a new mission as you'll never be able to do more than 2 in the half hour anyway.

Considering the abilities on that 11 star though I'm not 100% sure I want to scrap it for the ticket. Think I'll wait a few more days and see if I get another because you usually get 8 lvl 70 El Ahda spawns per mission.

They buffed RA's everything. I... what?
It's all faster now and the damage is much higher. 18k divine launchers with no stances or shiftas. Also that new skill is 20% and the long range it talks about is pretty close so things like cluster bullet still get the boost.
Balance team not balancing very well. Or maybe they are? I don't even know anymore. But hey, this'll be great for TA :3

I remember reading they haven't really finished the rebalance plan and for now are just buffing what they felt needed the most help.

Which they're clearly wrong about because Forces are still pitiful

I just realized PSO2es lets you feed 7-9* weapons to your mag. This seems rather... broken

You can in the main game too, they added the ability to feed mags 7-9 star items with the Easter update. 9 stars weapons give 30 points to their respective stat and 10 to dex compared to 21 strike/tech/range and 7 dex for 6 star weapons. At high mag levels it's super useful because room items reduce dex by 10 so instead of having to juggle what you feed you can just alternate weapon > room > weapon > room etc.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So everything was working fine a few days ago through PSO Tweaker. I updated everything today, and now I get an error when I Launch PSO2 through the utility. Gives me "stopped working" bar. Any idea what gives?

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
At this point I'm just like "screw class balance, make techer broken please."

pls Sega I just want it to be my turn to be overpowered for once and not just be Elysion class or subclass status. ;_;

Top Bottom