• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Ferr986

It's not out yet, being added in June.

Thanks! Ill try to set up the game again. I had a male character but I think I had something for changing the player. Its been a lot since I last played the game, so this will be a good excuse to see the new additions.

trejo

Yeah, no kidding. Shit can get pretty darn hectic.

By the by, how can one go about getting an invite to dat GAF team? I'd love to populate my friends list some. Player ID is Trejo.

My experience with it basically was "hope you don't run out of moons, lol"

Fun fight, lots going on. TOKI WO TOMARE isn't as menacing as the livestream made it out to be.

edit: here is a break guide if you weren't aware already
cN34Ivr.png

Soma

Yeah I definitely don't miss old Falz after this guy.

Our MPA last night failed after we couldn't kill it in time but we got it done on this last run. Really fun fight.

Didn't get time to try the new Falz but the Apos Dorios is absolutely brutal - at lvl 67 I get killed in 1-2 hits by every single attack it throws out even with the premium Deband drink and a nearly maxed Deband buff active. Everyone seemed to be struggling too because Moon Atomisers were popping off left and right.

Didn't get time to try the new Falz but the Apos Dorios is absolutely brutal - at lvl 67 I get killed in 1-2 hits by every single attack it throws out even with the premium Deband drink and a nearly maxed Deband buff active. Everyone seemed to be struggling too because Moon Atomisers were popping off left and right.
What kind of units are you using? Nothing one-hits me on that fight and I play the class/race combination with one of the lowest defense values possible.

What kind of units are you using? Nothing one-hits me on that fight and I play the class/race combination with one of the lowest defense values possible.

+10 Resan units with a bunch of HP boost abilities (running a female Dewman Braver/Techer). I have a feeling it must have been due to lag that it seemed like I was getting one shot because today his red magic attacks were only taking about half health off. Falz Loser though? Hits like a truck, most of his attacks take me down to virtually no health with Deband and the HP premium drink in play.

Think I understand the Apos Dorios fight at least, Falz Loser makes no sense though, barely can tell when he is about to attack. I did find that Katana Combat seems to make you invincible during the laser attack though which is very helpful, myself and another Braver survived while the rest of the party all got wiped during that move.

Anyone have a good skill tree to recommend for Braver class?

Here ya go. Braver is all about katanas. Do Br/Hu or Hu/Br if you have a Hu equippable katana. Katanas are ridiculously overpowered. Bows serve more of a utility function and you can easily go without one entirely. If you go back some pages I probably wrote a paragraph explaining this tree somewhere. The skill tree I linked is missing some points, but both the trees have their necessary skills capped so anything left over can go wherever you want really. I could suggest some places but they're more specific use cases. Oh also, best mag is pure S-atk. Braver mag is a bad skill thats a waste of a mag, so don't fall for it.

In any case, if you want more explanation on stuff, just ask.

Edit: Also Azure, you're probably dying to Luther a bunch because he does T-atk damage and t-def is in short supply. Its a bit hard to see but most of Luther's attacks are telegraphed way in advanced so just try and keep an eye on his arms.

Are you planning on going strike, ranged, or hybrid?
I was thinking of a hybrid style since I do love the Bows.
Here ya go. Braver is all about katanas. Do Br/Hu or Hu/Br if you have a Hu equippable katana. Katanas are ridiculously overpowered. Bows serve more of a utility function and you can easily go without one entirely. If you go back some pages I probably wrote a paragraph explaining this tree somewhere. The skill tree I linked is missing some points, but both the trees have their necessary skills capped so anything left over can go wherever you want really. I could suggest some places but they're more specific use cases. Oh also, best mag is pure S-atk. Braver mag is a bad skill thats a waste of a mag, so don't fall for it.

In any case, if you want more explanation on stuff, just ask.

Edit: Also Azure, you're probably dying to Luther a bunch because he does T-atk damage and t-def is in short supply. Its a bit hard to see but most of Luther's attacks are telegraphed way in advanced so just try and keep an eye on his arms.

I'll give it a look but I would still like to have an option to be a ranged character.

Zelias

Banned
Finally managed to kill Loser for the first time yesterday after 4 separate attempts (by which I mean the full event, not just runs of Loser). 1st attempt we ran out of time, 2nd my computer crashed, 3rd my internet cut out right before Loser. Was beginning to think I was cursed.

Oh and this was in an MPA of 8 people, when 12 people couldn't even get it down to 50% after 20 minutes previously.

Seriously enjoying Apos and Loser now, I can't really do much damage to them but I finally get the opportunity to make use of being part Techer and switch to full support to keep everyone revived, fully healed and buffed. Being on a Rod makes avoiding Loser's magic attacks super easy too because of the huge dodge invincibility period.

Soma

Haha yeah I remember you telling everyone to attack Apos' ass for more damage after you WB'd it.

I didn't think we were actually gonna make it to 100% before Loser showed up that time.

trejo

Finished with just under a couple of minutes left on the clock. It seems like a lot of people still don't know the strategy for dealing with this guy and instead just go at him like wild monkeys which makes for a loooong fight.

Oh well, I still had fun.

Syril

My friends and I are about to start playing this and I was wondering how much level differences between players in the same group matter. If one player is a few levels above the others will they walk all over everything?

My friends and I are about to start playing this and I was wondering how much level differences between players in the same group matter. If one player is a few levels above the others will they walk all over everything?

It's always better for things to be as equal as possible, but levels don't matter as much as equipment and skill builds in terms of how much damage you can deal and take.

If you guys are just starting out, don't forget to read up on the Friend Invite stuff in the first post of the thread! Both you and the person whose referral information you use benefit, but it has to be set before you make your first character.

People certainly seem to be quickly getting the hang of Falz Loser, every mission so far has been 15-20 mins with endless deaths but the one today we cleared in just under 5 mins with like 4 total deaths. I'm not sure what they were doing differently but his chest panel was always open and always had a WB on it, nobody even touched the arms.

By the way, when you use a Talis is there any way to stop the cards automatically locking on to enemies you are facing when not actually locked on? I'm trying to switch over to one instead of a Rod so I can cast heals from a safe distance but I noticed that when facing Apos Dorios the cards would kinda home in on him. The problem with that is because he floats in the air it meant that all the support spells I was trying to use would be in mid-air and no use to the team.

People certainly seem to be quickly getting the hang of Falz Loser, every mission so far has been 15-20 mins with endless deaths but the one today we cleared in just under 5 mins with like 4 total deaths. I'm not sure what they were doing differently but his chest panel was always open and always had a WB on it, nobody even touched the arms.

By the way, when you use a Talis is there any way to stop the cards automatically locking on to enemies you are facing when not actually locked on? I'm trying to switch over to one instead of a Rod so I can cast heals from a safe distance but I noticed that when facing Apos Dorios the cards would kinda home in on him. The problem with that is because he floats in the air it meant that all the support spells I was trying to use would be in mid-air and no use to the team.

The chest clock opens up if you inflict mirage status on it. I'm not sure what causes it to get stuck open permanently after that.

The only way to have absolute control over where a talis gets thrown is to throw it in TPS mode.

I think if you get the clock break it stays open permanently.

As for mismatched levels, due to the subclass system and class changing being completly free most players have some sort of lower-leveled class to keep things on an even playing field.

Is there a way to delete a character that I don't want?
EDIT: Nevermind, Figured it out.
Anyone got a good Force Skill Tree by any chance?

There are really two types of FO skill trees. Fire tree, or Thunder tree. The last 5 points in Thunder tree can go towards talis boost or zonde pp save, whichever you prefer. If you want talis boost in the Fire tree then drop 5 points in Tech JA advance.

As far as some sort of hybrid tree goes, you could probably mangle together something. But most FOs pick one of the two (fire or thunder) and just use it everywhere regardless of what the enemy's actual weakness is. The damage boost will let you just brute force your way through enemies with your selected element. The Tech Charge Advances, Tech JA advance, and Element Conversion will also just boost your general damage enough that you can still use the other elements without too much trouble. If you have the AC for it then definitely buy a second FO tree so you can switch between the two as you need to. If you don't, I'd say pick fire. Foie techs are really strong and work for just about everything you'd need it to.

There's also the option for an Ice tree, but the ice tree is a complete mess and honestly is not worth investing into for the most part. There just aren't that many enemies that are weak to [only] ice. Also aside from ilbarta, the barta techs are pretty underwhelming when compared to foie and zonde techs.

Subclasses usually used for FO are TE, BR, and FI. All the foie techs are useful. Zonde, Ilzonde, Zondeel, and sometimes Sazonde are the most commonly used Zonde techs. And as for Barta techs; Gibarta, Rabarta, and Ilbarta are the ones most worth using.

Ilmegid is pretty good yeah. So good it jacked up the price of dark element changers right as I was going to change my Dragon Destroyer Rifle's element to dark ; _;

I'd probably join ya for some ilmegid hunting once Nifta AQs are dead (and my exams are over). I haven't checked recently but selling those level low level disks and tech frags are pretty good money :3

I just hope there will be a solution to the drought of Elder souls. Elder soul units with 4 slots or more are hitting hilariously high prices. I could probably sell my completed units for many times what it cost me to make them. I still need them though T_T

ShinMaruku

If you have a force and are fighting lucifer. I have a tip. Cast the wind buff and then cast megiverse where he's stunned at the core the unleash hell you will do insane damage. Those techs are underutilized.

Top Bottom