• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

I just hope there will be a solution to the drought of Elder souls. Elder soul units with 4 slots or more are hitting hilariously high prices. I could probably sell my completed units for many times what it cost me to make them. I still need them though T_T

Any units with Elder Soul, or just particular ones? I've just dropped 7 mill on new units so if I could get a decent amount back for my old Resan set (which all have Elder + Stamina 3) that'd be grand. I checked the market and there were some units with similar stats as mine for about 1m, but none had Elder Soul so I dunno what price to list them at.

Garteal

First SH Loser kill.

pso20140512_190351_00t9yxm.jpg

Finally a decent boss in the game. I've noticed that (in this run at least) people are solely focusing on the core now in contrary to my previous two runs; one on SH (which we ran out of time for) and a VH which took way too long to kill it.
Does anyone know if the arms (or anything) are breakable for increased drop rates?

ShinMaruku

Arms regenerate and actually breaking arms does not effect rare drop rate. Just more items but never more rares. People need to stop doing that. As for why you focus on the core he spazzes out the longer the fight is. It's best to kill the fucker as fast as possible

Arms regenerate and actually breaking arms does not effect rare drop rate. Just more items but never more rares. People need to stop doing that. As for why you focus on the core he spazzes out the longer the fight is. It's best to kill the fucker as fast as possible

And how do you kill the bastard fast?

We just did him in 6 mins.We foucsed hard on the core breaking it open with 2 mirages and then put out MASSIVE DPS. I had the fotrune of having a decently geared mpa. We did that without weakbullet. XD

I've been trying to find out some strategy to kill him fast enough since the last time me and some friends tried we ran out of time.

Luther is pretty simply really. Just always be attacking his center clock and core. If you've got WB just make sure its constantly on it. FOs and anyone with mechs that have mirage affix on them (any rank will do, mirage3 doesn't cause mirage more often than mirage1, same goes for every status effect) should just try to mirage him at the start of the fight since mirage causes his center clock to open up and reveal a core. After he's miraged just dump all your damage onto the core to break it and keep it open. Once that's done its just a simple matter of continuing to do damage until he's dead.

Breaking his arms and stuff will only add his units to the drop table (Luther's unit set is also pretty bad so its no loss not getting them). Every other drop of his are all "body" drops so you don't have to worry about missing out on chances to get those [pretty bad] 11 and 12 star rares.

ShinMaruku

Luther is pretty simply really. Just always be attacking his center clock and core. If you've got WB just make sure its constantly on it. FOs and anyone with mechs that have mirage affix on them (any rank will do, mirage3 doesn't cause mirage more often than mirage1, same goes for every status effect) should just try to mirage him at the start of the fight since mirage causes his center clock to open up and reveal a core. After he's miraged just dump all your damage onto the core to break it and keep it open. Once that's done its just a simple matter of continuing to do damage until he's dead.

Breaking his arms and stuff will only add his units to the drop table (Luther's unit set is also pretty bad so its no loss not getting them). Every other drop of his are all "body" drops so you don't have to worry about missing out on chances to get those [pretty bad] 11 and 12 star rares.
Yup. Although my party had no WB and we still beat him before the 20 min mark XD

FOs and anyone with mechs that have mirage affix on them (any rank will do, mirage3 doesn't cause mirage more often than mirage1, same goes for every status effect) should just try to mirage him at the start of the fight since mirage causes his center clock to open up and reveal a core.

Which technics have a decent chance of inflicting Mirage? After that one good Falz Loser I had every subsequent one has been total trash with nobody having mirage, starting to feel like I should make sure I can cover for that possibility.

Which technics have a decent chance of inflicting Mirage? After that one good Falz Loser I had every subsequent one has been total trash with nobody having mirage, starting to feel like I should make sure I can cover for that possibility.

Zan techniques. You can see the % chance of Mirage infliction at your current tech levels right when you look at their info boxes.

I've heard from some sources that his resistance to Mirage increases with every hit with a Mirage effect chance attached. Is that true?

trejo

I believe I read somewhere that you can only inflict Mirage on the clock three times total and if you can't break it open by the third one then it'll remain closed for the remainder of the fight. I could be totally wrong, of course.

ShinMaruku

There is a limit on the clock breaking as staed before. Takes 3 times. It should be open after 1-2 reps. I just finished that foo in 4 mins so good. :3

ezodagrom

I believe I read somewhere that you can only inflict Mirage on the clock three times total and if you can't break it open by the third one then it'll remain closed for the remainder of the fight. I could be totally wrong, of course.
Managed to open the clock a 4th time today (we broke it the 4th time, had no weak bullet in the MPA), most likely it's like Falz Elder, where he builds up resistance to the status effect each time its inflicted.

EDIT: Unrelated to Falz Loser, I might as well share this here, finally got a chance to record SH Darker's Den.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6zQQUiFZpQ

Garteal

Yep, so Loser is following the same concept as expected. Just wanted to have that cleared up.

Nice Darker's Den run. I've always wanted to get kidnapped on SH but to no avail so far.

So, do any of you want to meet up for any upcoming EQs (Loser, Intrusion, etc)?
Would be nice to play with Gaffers and/or people who know what to do.

Anyone have tips for leveling new classes?

I've done most of the quests around my level so I'm not sure what the best way is to get the others up to par.

Client orders. Quick list of ones you should do:
- All of Franka's ones where she asks for 1-3 items from boss type enemies. You can buy all the items from player shops so do this on a regular basis
- Ones from Hans that involve killing bosses or lots of enemies in a particular area on SH when you are doing EQs or TACOs in said area
- VH/SH TACOs
- All the rare enemy ones where said enemy shows up in EQs
- Literally all of Franka's orders which give over 7k experience, assign your partner character to do them and hand them in when you get enough items. If your partner character friendship is max they can take on 10 orders at once.

Basically do all those on your main class and switch to classes you want to level up before handing them in. With Braver at 70 I have Techer at 55 purely from client orders, never using the class normally.

Client orders. Quick list of ones you should do:
- All of Franka's ones where she asks for 1-3 items from boss type enemies. You can buy all the items from player shops so do this on a regular basis
- Ones from Hans that involve killing bosses or lots of enemies in a particular area on SH when you are doing EQs or TACOs in said area
- VH/SH TACOs
- All the rare enemy ones where said enemy shows up in EQs
- Literally all of Franka's orders which give over 7k experience, assign your partner character to do them and hand them in when you get enough items. If your partner character friendship is max they can take on 10 orders at once.

Basically do all those on your main class and switch to classes you want to level up before handing them in. With Braver at 70 I have Techer at 55 purely from client orders, never using the class normally.

Thanks for the tips.

I tried to take on Dark Falz Loser on my own but I ended up letting myself die since I was using my level 15 Force at the time. What level should you be around to solo him?

EDIT: Oh yeah, is it okay if my mag is all ranged attack/dex as a force? Since I've been playing ranger/gunner most of the time I've only been feeding it ranged weapons. Will that cripple me as a Force somehow or should I be alright?

EDIT: Oh yeah, is it okay if my mag is all ranged attack/dex as a force? Since I've been playing ranger/gunner most of the time I've only been feeding it ranged weapons. Will that cripple me as a Force somehow or should I be alright?
What kind of question is that? That's like asking if having handgun training makes you a competent swordfighter.

Dex on mags is pretty much useless in every circumstance. It's better to make mags with nothing but your preferred attack stat. Use mates or furniture to reduce Dex to prevent it from ever gaining a level.

I'm guessing it was Apos Doritos also, unless Loser is unlike Elder in that the STATE OF GLORY can be accessed without clearing the prequest at least once?

What kind of question is that? That's like asking if having handgun training makes you a competent swordfighter.

Dex on mags is pretty much useless in every circumstance. It's better to make mags with nothing but your preferred attack stat. Use mates or furniture to reduce Dex to prevent it from ever gaining a level.

My mag is 52 Ranged, 18 Dexterity. Will feeding it mates reduce the level eventually or will it only empty out its exp bar?

I've decided to focus on my Gunner now so the Force thing isn't an issue anymore.

And for some reason I'm getting random friend requests. Just had 5 yesterday from people I haven't played with before.

Right now I'm just researching some more info on Gunners since so far I've been playing mine in a very "bare-bones" manner.

It's impossible to be completely satisfied with how your character looks. I had to remake the character around 3 times to the point where I was fine with it. Probably due to the eyes.

Been on ship09 since release so I can't really switch over.

My mag is 52 Ranged, 18 Dexterity. Will feeding it mates reduce the level eventually or will it only empty out its exp bar?

I've decided to focus on my Gunner now so the Force thing isn't an issue anymore.

And for some reason I'm getting random friend requests. Just had 5 yesterday from people I haven't played with before.

Right now I'm just researching some more info on Gunners since so far I've been playing mine in a very "bare-bones" manner.

Dimates and 5star furniture are used to offset the increase in dex when feeding mags R-atk food. Basically what you're going to want to do is feed your mag 6 and 7 star ranged weps to level up it's R-atk and then once the dex gets close to leveling you feed it a couple of furniture or dimates to drop the dex. Just keep doing this until your mag is 175 r-atk (or 157r-atk since you already put 18 dex in).

Dex isn't really a useful stat and its far more valuable to pump up your own attack as high as you can. So generally most people recommend having 175 s/r/t-atk mags. Oh and for S-atk you use monomates and 4star furniture, and for T-atk you use trimates and 6star furniture.

Here's a GU skill tree (also the Hu skill tree since GuHu is needed to get the most out of Gu). The primary thing is S Roll JA Bonus since that just doubles your damage going out of the dodge roll, so just constantly flip before doing your PAs. As far as the PAs go, Messiah Time, Infinity Time, Heel Stab, and Shift Period are the best ones. Gu excels at dumping out high amounts of damage at close range so keep that in mind when going after bosses. Sure you can just lazily Infinity Fire everything to death, but you can drop mobs and bosses in a fraction of the time if you try using the other PAs.

Shiftarides/Debandrides provide the same food values as Trimates for a fraction of the cost, unless something changed since way back when. Now that you can feed 7-9* stuff feeding recommendations have also probably slightly changed.

Also yes, you will be permanently stuck with 18 DEX unless you use a reset pass on your mag.

Shiftarides/Debandrides provide the same food values as Trimates for a fraction of the cost, unless something changed since way back when. Now that you can feed 7-9* stuff feeding recommendations have also probably slightly changed.

Also yes, you will be permanently stuck with 18 DEX unless you use a reset pass on your mag.

It's still cheaper to buy a new mag than it is to reset an existing one if I'm not mistaken.

Dimates and 5star furniture are used to offset the increase in dex when feeding mags R-atk food. Basically what you're going to want to do is feed your mag 6 and 7 star ranged weps to level up it's R-atk and then once the dex gets close to leveling you feed it a couple of furniture or dimates to drop the dex. Just keep doing this until your mag is 175 r-atk (or 157r-atk since you already put 18 dex in).

Dex isn't really a useful stat and its far more valuable to pump up your own attack as high as you can. So generally most people recommend having 175 s/r/t-atk mags. Oh and for S-atk you use monomates and 4star furniture, and for T-atk you use trimates and 6star furniture.

Here's a GU skill tree (also the Hu skill tree since GuHu is needed to get the most out of Gu). The primary thing is S Roll JA Bonus since that just doubles your damage going out of the dodge roll, so just constantly flip before doing your PAs. As far as the PAs go, Messiah Time, Infinity Time, Heel Stab, and Shift Period are the best ones. Gu excels at dumping out high amounts of damage at close range so keep that in mind when going after bosses. Sure you can just lazily Infinity Fire everything to death, but you can drop mobs and bosses in a fraction of the time if you try using the other PAs.

I don't think I'm at the point where I can get 6-7 star stuff on a regular basis. Would you suggest I not feed my mag at all until I can get those?

Also the skill build stuff you mentioned mirrors what I've been reading so far. I just need to level up more so I can put points into all of that.

So something weird just happened. Dark Falz Loser EQ came up so I grouped up with a few others and started making rounds.

I think it was the third or second time we did it, I noticed that my HP spiked up to 2303. At first I thought that maybe this was some kind of upscaling effect since we had someone who was in the 40's in our party. But then I noticed I was taking 1 damage the entire fight and sometimes the boss would just die instantly as soon as we ported in. This also happened when we reached Dark Falz Loser itself. We all teleported in, the intro cutscene played then it died instantly.

After we finished everything I'm now in the lobby and my HP is still stuck at that number. I'm hoping this isn't some permanent change that's going to get my account flagged or something. I'm going to log out/back in to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Just relogged and it's back to normal.

Fugu

I have a bit of a dumb question. I haven't played this game in about a year and my character appears to be gone. Do they delete inactive characters or something?

Garteal

I have a bit of a dumb question. I haven't played this game in about a year and my character appears to be gone. Do they delete inactive characters or something?
No they don't. If you've played in the closed beta then your character is gone as they did wipe before entering open beta.

Summer rain

Neo Member
One of my favorite games of all time i PSO. I played it for DC, Xbox and GC.

Why can´t Sega release PSO2 game in west? :( Anyone who heard any new rumors or anything about a release here in west?

I'm not going to lose hope, hope is the last to leave the man :p

Or maybe I will try to play the japanese version, seems to work for you guys.

Garteal

Just play the Japanese version. It's mostly translated and is being kept up to date. Even if they release the game in the west at some point, many English players that play on the Japanese servers wouldn't switch over for various reasons; one being that it would be way behind the Japanese in terms of content.

ezodagrom

Just started PSO2JP. Tweaker giving me some problems here and there though...might give PSO2SEA Early Access a shot tomorrow.

BokAoLYIEAAuNfV.jpg
If the tweaker is giving you problems, you can also try apply the english patches manually without the tweaker from here (not including items and story translation):

http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

It's the links that say "this file" and "large files". Every time there's an update to the game, you'll have to check that link for a new version of the patch/patches though.

It also may be a good idea to delete the tweaker and do a filecheck (3rd button in the pso2 launcher) before applying the patches.

Plus when the launcher finishes checking the files, before pressing the button to finish, go to the game's folder, right click pso2.exe, go to properties, go to the security tab and see if your PC's username is listed there.
If there's only an entry named SYSTEM, click the edit button, click add, type your PC's username, accept and then click your username, and to end select allow for total control. The game won't work if you don't.

If you end up being affected by this permissions issue, you'll have to do this every time the executable is updated.

Top Bottom