• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It still bugs me to this day that the website for the english version is still up http://www.pso2.com/us/

Summoner is fun, glad i rejoined.
If you plan to main summoner, it might be a good idea to grab the package version for Episode 4 for PC/PS4/Vita, to get the Rappy pet. You can't get it any other way and someone here mentioned that it's pretty good.

Well not sure if you can welcome me back since I haven't played for more than two hours total a few years back. I stopped playing in hopes that some day the english version would come to the western markets on PC or PS4, but I see, after 4+ years, that shit aint coming.

So I will just go ahead and bite the JPN version and just deal with it. Really wanted to play with my friends but they aint PC users and they dont read nor speak Japanese, so yea, tough luck.

So sad the one game I was excited from them, they aint even releasing in the west. Man, sega has done nothing but disappoint for the past ten or so years.

So, I hope yall dont mind the billion or so questions im gonna be posting over the next few days. :-\

Ask away, we'll answer whatever we can I'm sure.

welp...................guess I wont be playing this game either, keep getting this crash when the game first loads in.

UedhYNB.jpg

First fallout 4 keeps crashing after the survival update, now this shit.............................

8HIBIYu.gif

welp...................guess I wont be playing this game either, keep getting this crash when the game first loads in.

Are you using the Tweaker? If so, have you tried running the game without it? It seems that error code is usually related to GameGuard detecting Tweaker and flipping out about it.

Are you using the Tweaker? If so, have you tried running the game without it? It seems that error code is usually related to GameGuard detecting Tweaker and flipping out about it.

Oh word??? But without the tweaker, how am I supposed to play with the english patch??? Doesn't the tweaker run real time translations???

Oh word??? But without the tweaker, how am I supposed to play with the english patch??? Doesn't the tweaker run real time translations???

I don't know for sure since I don't use any of the English patches, but I'm pretty sure everything except the item translations are done by patching the game data directly; if you've applied it with Tweaker, it should stick unless the official launcher feels the need to re-patch your data. Item names won't get translated without the plugin though (which may or may not depend on Tweaker, but I'm pretty sure the plugin is a separate thing as well).

Only item names, the patches are applied directly to the game, although using the official launcher when patched will just remove the patch. The game can be patched manually but it's annoying to do. Basically if you're getting NP1013 then GN Field isn't working correctly, and I've had that happen in multiple ways.

1: Tweaker isn't up to date, the previous version had a bug that stopped it loading up GNField.exe

2: The Tweaker and GN Field exe files are not both being run as admin.

3: Tweaker is corrupted. I'm getting this regularly, it's noticeable because I get a usual "this program has stopped working" message when I click play. Uninstall the patches, delete all Tweaker files from the folder, drop a freshly downloaded Tweaker exe in the folder and install the patches again.

If all else fails try opening GNField.exe when the Tweaker is open and then click play, that's a way of forcing it to use GN Field.

Only item names, the patches are applied directly to the game, although using the official launcher when patched will just remove the patch. The game can be patched manually but it's annoying to do. Basically if you're getting NP1013 then GN Field isn't working correctly, and I've had that happen in multiple ways.

1: Tweaker isn't up to date, the previous version had a bug that stopped it loading up GNField.exe

2: The Tweaker and GN Field exe files are not both being run as admin.

3: Tweaker is corrupted. I'm getting this regularly, it's noticeable because I get a usual "this program has stopped working" message when I click play. Uninstall the patches, delete all Tweaker files from the folder, drop a freshly downloaded Tweaker exe in the folder and install the patches again.

If all else fails try opening GNField.exe when the Tweaker is open and then click play, that's a way of forcing it to use GN Field.

aight cool. After reading the above comments, i went and deleted all the tweaker files I could find on my hard drive and then redownloaded the tweaker and repatched the english patches and for what ever reason, its working now. Which is great news, guess my tweaker was corrupted or something as Ive done nothing but delete it and redownload it.

You gotta be friggin kidding me. This is the best news Ive heard about this game thus far.

Are we supposed to get a seven star rare drop on the tutorial mission??? Because that was def not the case when i was playing years back. i mean the very first drop was a seven star rarity item, that cant be normal, right???

You gotta be friggin kidding me. This is the best news Ive heard about this game thus far.

Are we supposed to get a seven star rare drop on the tutorial mission??? Because that was def not the case when i was playing years back. i mean the very first drop was a seven star rarity item, that cant be normal, right???

I got one as well doing the tutorial mission after ep4. Either its set now or just dumb luck.
Either way its not a particularly amazing rare. Check the player shops, you ought to be able to buy a wide assortment of 7-9* rares for <10k

Im trying to do this order, and ive completed it, but for what ever reason, I cant turn it in.
giphy.gif

you see both objectives were filled, I tried talking to Koffie by selecting "TALK" from the chat options when I select here, she says some stuff and thats it, and I also tried selecting the mission, but all it does is ask me to abandon it. I abondoned this quest and redone this quest twice now.
the way point is on her and I dont know what to do. Ive tried googling this, but nothing seems to point to what im having an issue with.

Ive done plenty of these orders before, but for ever reason this is the only one I can't turn in and I need to do this to continue forward. so frustrating.

Im trying to do this order, and ive completed it, but for what ever reason, I cant turn it in.

you see both objectives were filled, I tried talking to Koffie by selecting "TALK" from the chat options when I select here, she says some stuff and thats it, and I also tried selecting the mission, but all it does is ask me to abandon it. I abondoned this quest and redone this quest twice now.
the way point is on her and I dont know what to do. Ive tried googling this, but nothing seems to point to what im having an issue with.

Ive done plenty of these orders before, but for ever reason this is the only one I can't turn in and I need to do this to continue forward. so frustrating.

I think the english patch might have made a mistake? That third objective should actually be clearing the Nab Rappy Arrest quest.

ezodagrom

giphy.gif

You're missing the 3rd objective, completing one of the new training quests and use the talk option on Koffie afterwards.

I think the english patch might have made a mistake? That third objective should actually be clearing the Nab Rappy Arrest quest.
SEGA changed the requirements in the PS4 launch update.

Skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything relating to this posted so I just wanted to leave this for PC users, in case SEGA/Gameguard keeps messing with the PSO2 Tweaker program. This is basically a way to get the Tweaker plugins, English patch, and the proxy (don't use the proxy myself so I can't verify that it works) running without having the Tweaker program run.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321007&postcount=1

You can update and manage your install with PSO2 Tweaker, but you'll have to copy the dll file to the bin folder everytime after you're done running the Tweaker program so I'd suggest backing up the dll file somewhere.

Edit: Right, I also noticed a Webmoney guide for buying AC but for those that don't have an android device an easier alternative on PC for buying AC or playing PSO2es is through an Android emulator, uses your Google wallet. I use an old version of Bluestacks so I can't vouch for the latest versions but the page at Bumped.org has the apk downloads.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/

Is anyone else having trouble using the item translation plugin in the Tweaker? Whenever I try to enable it, the game gives me a Gameguard error.

NVM guess it got fixed by itself.

kagamin

I NEED TO GO BACK AND PLAY AGAIN! I really need advice on my Bow Braver/Ranger build though, my Mag is probably fine being Ranged Atk and Dex, but I dunno about my skill setup, if people are offering help in here though... I can post my current setup later this week.

I can't for the life of me get past the capchta registration...

I remember doing it like it was yesterday, it was terrible.

theultimo

Skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything relating to this posted so I just wanted to leave this for PC users, in case SEGA/Gameguard keeps messing with the PSO2 Tweaker program. This is basically a way to get the Tweaker plugins, English patch, and the proxy (don't use the proxy myself so I can't verify that it works) running without having the Tweaker program run

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321007&postcount=1

You can update and manage your install with PSO2 Tweaker, but you'll have to copy the dll file to the bin folder everytime after you're done running the Tweaker program so I'd suggest backing up the dll file somewhere.

And the Yamato event is neat

Edit: Right, I also noticed a Webmoney guide for buying AC but for those that don't have an android device an easier alternative on PC for buying AC or playing PSO2es is through an Android emulator, uses your Google wallet. I use an old version of Bluestacks so I can't vouch for the latest versions but the page at Bumped.org has the apk downloads.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/

Use the nox app player- runs pso2es perfect and the tweaker

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Has anyone played the Yamato battle?
I'm in 100% Uncharted 4 mode so I didn't have a chance yet, but I was wondering if it's fun/hard.

Having not played for a while, last night's urgent quest with swarms of zombies, wampa things, helicopters, t-rex and ....steamrollers?!.... was unique to say the least! Was quite the difficulty spike too, i'm guessing i shouldn't have gone in by my lonesome... or do you get thrown all over the place even when you're in a party on those quests?

edit: quest above had a big ass boat so i'm assuming that was Yamato battle

I'm in 100% Uncharted 4 mode so I didn't have a chance yet, but I was wondering if it's fun/hard.

Its fun. Not particularly difficult but neat. First phase is like the Oracle EQ but with Yamato shooting lasers and missles at you. Second phase is the AIS fight which I don't think you can lose unless you run out of time somehow.
Its a really good spectacle though.

Having not played for a while, last night's urgent quest with swarms of zombies, wampa things, helicopters, t-rex and ....steamrollers?!.... was unique to say the least! Was quite the difficulty spike too, i'm guessing i shouldn't have gone in by my lonesome... or do you get thrown all over the place even when you're in a party on those quests?

edit: quest above had a big ass boat so i'm assuming that was Yamato battle

Indeed it was.

I enjoyed it a lot, I find it really stylish and the cutscenes are still getting better in my opinion. But then again, I'm a dumb mecha fan, so starting in the AIS hangar, watching the docking bays open up once the countdown starts was just a lot of stylish touches I liked.

As for the actual content, I do enjoy it, but hard is probably the last thing I'd describe it. It's a lot like the mothership EQ. Go down the path, destroy stuff, just an odd lack of Tokyo Train boss. For the fact they had every other tokyo mob, no two trains at once or even him stomping around was a surprise to me.

Phase 2 is AIS stuff, with a new boost command to zip around. I find it stylish and a fun distraction to do if I was online type of thing.

In the end.. I do think there is going to be a second part added to this, much like Magatsu got the second phase added later on. Otherwise I can't figure out the point of the percentage gauge like with Luther and Magatsu. Can't really comment on drops, I got the new 13 star summoner candy out of it that boosts damage when your pet is near you.

Use the nox app player- runs pso2es perfect and the tweaker

Wow, been busy with all these scheduled Yamato runs and trying to balance other games in between as well that I forgot about my post. I recently updated Bluestacks and I can't say I ever really liked it much so I'll try that program, thanks.

And I also forgot to add this on my other post since I also don't remember seeing this but for people who don't play PSO2es: you get free exp tickets once per day for logging into PSO2es, this resets at JP midnight and 5 hours after that your free Quick Search resets too which can net you free Ultimate stones or maybe one of the Ultimate 13 stars. You also get 100 slots as es Storage as long as you have logged in within 30 days or so.

Yeah but you'd have to set up a VPN to access the servers. Though again, i'd not suggest it due to content and balancing issues.

Not concerned about content nor balance. I just wanna play for a few weeks in english solo. Not looking to play this long term so that other stuff is irrelevant.

Not concerned about content nor balance. I just wanna play for a few weeks in english solo. Not looking to play this long term so that other stuff is irrelevant.
So use the English patches for the Japanese version? No VPN shenanigans involved and the Asian localization is of questionable quality anyway.

trejo

Lately I've been getting the itch to get back into PSO2 but fact is, ever since I lost the ability to log into the game, the only way I'll consider playing again is if somehow a western version ever happens.

I suppose I could always create a new account and start from scratch but throwing away 600+ hours of playtime, not to mention millions upon millions of meseta spent on weapons, hairstyles, dances, accessories, voice tickets and slutty costumes would really sting. :p

Oh shit the Yamato battle is out?

I might just idle in lobbies today to see if that pops, at least until OverWatch is delivered from Amazon.

Or I could actually check the schedule like a smart person.

trejo

How have you lost the ability to log in?
Lost my phone along with my SecureOTP account details so I can't restore it on my new phone. I've even tried contacting them via email (fun fact: if you ask them in english they actually respond in english) but without knowing my customer or serial number there's not much they can do so, basically, I'm screwed.

In hindsight I probably should have jotted those down somewhere, lol.

Lost my phone along with my SecureOTP account details so I can't restore it on my new phone. I've even tried contacting them via email (fun fact: if you ask them in english they actually respond in english) but without knowing my customer or serial number there's not much they can do so, basically, I'm screwed.

In hindsight I probably should have jotted those down somewhere, lol.

Now that is crazy. They really need some sort of way to fix that, or at least be able to fix that somehow, even with some long-term waiting involved to make sure it's legit and all that.

I'm curious how Las Vegas area will be done. Kinda hope it's a set map with a layout close to the real deal.

PSO2 is coming to the west before PSO2 releases in the west.

I feel like getting back in so I'm Making a new account because I can't for the life of me remember my old log in from when I played for a bit a year or so ago. Anyone wanna give me their ID for the Invite thing? Or does the free stuff not matter?

I feel like getting back in so I'm Making a new account because I can't for the life of me remember my old log in from when I played for a bit a year or so ago. Anyone wanna give me their ID for the Invite thing? Or does the free stuff not matter?

10080506 is mine. All the invite thing does is give you badges every 10 levels that can be traded in for accessories or some other items. Nothing too important but fashion is fashion.

10080506 is mine. All the invite thing does is give you badges every 10 levels that can be traded in for accessories or some other items. Nothing too important but fashion is fashion.

Cool, I love dumb character dress up stuff. Did Jet Boot Bouncers ever get good in the meta or are they weak? I think that was the case when I last played.

Cool, I love dumb character dress up stuff. Did Jet Boot Bouncers ever get good in the meta or are they weak? I think that was the case when I last played.

Jet boots bouncers have a few more options now but overall they're no more or less good than they have been. I think dual blades bouncers are still more viable. Forces have been ruling the meta with an iron fist for a long time now.

lupinko

I bought a PS4 last week and just downloaded it today. I do live in Japan but my primary game account is my Canadian one. I guess I'll find out if I can play it on that account.

Top Bottom