• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 |OT|

I was forced to give Gamestop money for this game. I am not pleased, Sega. Not pleased at all. >:|

On the plus side, though, it's pretty fun.

depward

If I'm a Newman Force... what class should I look to level and play as for SP? I'm getting my butt kicked as a squishy Force in the story. I do like playing as Force online, though.

Gah PSP2 is killing me. Usually I'm done with games in 40 hours but here I feel like I haven't made it past the intro. Taking a well-deserved break to shoot through Ys 7 before I go scouting for good places to abuse their wireless connections.

I have to find a real good connection though. I played a little bit online and got a lot of those lovely moments where I took damage before the enemy actually attacked(or I took damage when an enemy threw out an attack and I was clearly out of the way).

Hey Pietepiet, I'm "Drizzyfinks" from the 4chan thread. Believe you added me on MSN, yes?

Anyway, I wish there was more interest in this game. I'm starting to wonder how many of you I may have come across, seeing as I usually play with randoms. Need to exchange cards with some of you guys.

Pietepiet

Scalpel Knight said:
Hey Pietepiet, I'm "Drizzyfinks" from the 4chan thread. Believe you added me on MSN, yes?

Anyway, I wish there was more interest in this game. I'm starting to wonder how many of you I may have come across, seeing as I usually play with randoms. Need to exchange cards with some of you guys.
Haha, nice! Yeah I added you after we traded cards :) Nice to see you here

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ooohh yeah! I beat the story mode! But I only got the "normal" aka bad ending thats a real slap in the face ;_; I generally had Emilias back the whole time in the text select stuff so what went so desperately wrong? That final story missions were really hard to! I died so many times I earned the 10 death title and my scape doll reserve dipped into single digits!
That tower... and the end boss. Oh if only I had noticed right away that it switched from dark element to light element between forms I woulda been spared so much pain.

Thankfully they let ya replay the story missions over and over so I can rectify my mistakes... after I get massively powered up! Still got sidestory missions, some more open ones that just unlocked, tons of clothing to buy and titles to get! These past 37 hours have only been a prologue!

Lindsay said:
Ooohh yeah! I beat the story mode! But I only got the "normal" aka bad ending thats a real slap in the face ;_; I generally had Emilias back the whole time in the text select stuff so what went so desperately wrong? That final story missions were really hard to! I died so many times I earned the 10 death title and my scape doll reserve dipped into single digits!
That tower... and the end boss. Oh if only I had noticed right away that it switched from dark element to light element between forms I woulda been spared so much pain.

Thankfully they let ya replay the story missions over and over so I can rectify my mistakes... after I get massively powered up! Still got sidestory missions, some more open ones that just unlocked, tons of clothing to buy and titles to get! These past 37 hours have only been a prologue!

37 Hours? Shit im at 42 and on chapter 5. How many chapters are there?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
xKilltheMx said:
37 Hours? Shit im at 42 and on chapter 5. How many chapters are there?

Like AotI this game has 10 chapters.

Technically 30 hours minus the 7 I put into the demo. Probably 27 taking out the small amount of time I took the game online. Even less if I hadn't gone and done every single open mission and numerous client missions as they unlocked. Regardless its still a good chunk longer then the 18 hours it took me ta clear PS:ps story mode and the next game is supposed to have an even longer story!

depward

All Visiphone passwords have been found:

Code:
Source: essen from http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1137

Password - Item
32091120 - Bullet Lancer (up to 50%)
53962481 - Maverick Rifle (up to 50%)
33286491 - Scouring Bubble
29888026 - Clarita Visas I (up to 50%)
30495153 - Toop Nasur (up to 50%)
11293398 - Puyo Pop Fists (up to 50%)
54186516 - Puyo Pop Fever Gun (up to 50%)
34819852 - Sonic Knuckles (up to 50%)
74612418 - Ogi's Head
34162313 - Special Pizza Slicer (up to 50%)
89747981 - Pizza Shack D. Box (up to 50%)
32549411 - Platinum Tiger (male clothes)
32549412 - Platinum Tiger (female clothes)
32549413 - Platinum Tiger (male parts)
32549414 - Platinum Tiger (female parts)
32549410 - Angry Marshmellow (up to 50%)
98443461 - Trauma Bandages (male clothes)
98443462 - Trauma Bandages (female clothes)
98443463 - Trauma Bandages (male parts)
98443464 - Trauma Bandages (female parts)
98443460 - Crutches (up to 50%)
72401991 - Lovely Feathers (female clothes)
72401992 - Lovely Feathers (female parts)
72401990 - Art Javelin (up to 50%)
41761771 - Hanhel Tsunagin (male clothes)
41761772 - Hanhel Tsunagin (male parts)
41761770 - True Hash (up to 50%)
48168861 - Blank Epoch (male clothes)
48168862 - Blank Epoch (male parts)
48168860 - Telltale Hearts (up to 50%)
55687361 - Magical Princess (female clothes)
55687362 - Magical Princess (female parts)
55687360 - Mr Ekoeko-stick (up to 50%)
84639190 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes blue x white)
84639191 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes red x white)
84639192 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes green x white)
84639193 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes yellow x white)
84639194 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes purple x white)
84639195 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes pink x white)
84639196 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes light blue x white)
84639197 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes gold x white)
84639198 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes white x white)
84639199 - Knight-King Armor (female clothes black x white)
84639200 - Knight-King Armor (female parts)
76416348 - Excalibur (up to 50%)
24932270 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes red x black)
24932271 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes blue x black)
24932272 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes yellow x black)
24932273 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes green x black)
24932274 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes purple x black)
24932275 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes pink x black)
24932276 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes brown x black)
24932277 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes light blue x black)
24932278 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes black x black)
24932279 - Akahara Reisou (male clothes white x black)
24932280 - Akahara Reisou (male parts)
46815464 - Kansho Bayuka (up to 50%)
15644321 - Plug Suit Shinji (male clothes blue/white)
15644322 - Plug Suit Shinji (male parts)
46211351 - Plug Suit Rei (female clothes white/black)
46211352 - Plug Suit Rei (female parts)
34336181 - Plug Suit Asuka (female clothes red/black)
34336182 - Plug Suit Asuka (female parts)
32143166 - Longinus Lance (up to 50%)
39395341 - Miku Hatsune Dress (female clothes grey/green)
39395342 - Miku Hatsune Dress (female parts)
39395343 - Miku's Leek Saber (up to 50%)
39395344 - Miku's T. Leek Sabers (up to 50%)
39395345 - Miku's Leek Rifle (up to 50%)
39395346 - Miku's Leek Wand (up to 50%)
51355131 - Ochakendoog (up to 50%)
51355132 - Tea-Dog Plush
51355133 - New Tea-Dog Plush
51355134 - Pa-Panda! Table
54333358 - Edelweiss Figure
43326648 - Play Blu Edge (up to 50%)
88619433 - Game Pro Knuckles (up to 50%)
33974688 - TOXIC Cannon (up to 50%)
21887733 - PS Magazine R-Mag (up to 50%)
54684698 - The Rappy of Hope
41325468 - Memoir of a legend
64991154 - Nei's partnership

matmanx1

Wow at that password list. Sort of awesome but also sort of unfortunate that they all got cracked open so quickly. I see the Edelweiss in there which is all kinds of awesome. That's probably the first one I'm going to use.

I wonder which one of those are good guns? My Ranger is always on the lookout for more powerful ranged weapons!

Also: I've got some friends from work who've been playing online but they are using Ad-hoc party exclusively so they can use the PS3 voice chat at the same time. Is there any advantage to using Sega's servers over Ad-hoc party?

timnich

Wow at the password list! Looks like the evangelion stuff is still in the american version.

Anyone want to play online? Either now or in a bit, I have some free time.

Ridley327

I think you're going to have some problems with playing online until after 5 PM PDT.

Problems of the "can't play online at all" variety. :D

Ridley327

matmanx1 said:
Wow at that password list. Sort of awesome but also sort of unfortunate that they all got cracked open so quickly. I see the Edelweiss in there which is all kinds of awesome. That's probably the first one I'm going to use.

I wonder which one of those are good guns? My Ranger is always on the lookout for more powerful ranged weapons!

Also: I've got some friends from work who've been playing online but they are using Ad-hoc party exclusively so they can use the PS3 voice chat at the same time. Is there any advantage to using Sega's servers over Ad-hoc party?
It seems like that there isn't; by all accounts, Ad-hoc Party doesn't suffer from the same amount of lag that the online is quite prone towards and you get the tremendous advantage of having both actual keyboard and voice chat available. The netcode for this game is really disappointing.

matmanx1

Ridley327 said:
It seems like that there isn't; by all accounts, Ad-hoc Party doesn't suffer from the same amount of lag that the online is quite prone towards and you get the tremendous advantage of having both actual keyboard and voice chat available. The netcode for this game is really disappointing.

Cool, thanks.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
depward said:
All Visiphone passwords have been found:

I haven't been redeeming any of these codes yet but that sure takes the fun out of it. Without dlc, downloadable missions and these what will Segac string us along with!?

Ogi's Head

Is that what I think it is? :lol

Ridley327 said:

Adhoc Party stinks it was a pain even ta do the minimal amount of multi mode things I needed to do in PS:p. The chat window constantly glitches out and people get dropped randomly an stuff!

RubyEclipse said:
I don't get millions of dollars to spend trying to promote this game or the franchise via ads. I get some assets and some codes, and my role from there is to try and do as much as possible to support the game with what I have. As the community manager, that's my job.

It's unfortunate to see people in support of hacking and cheating because they 'stopped the drip-feed' that wasn't even a drip-feed in the first place. What they did do was kill off any hope of promoting this series elsewhere with those codes, so kudos to them for that - I hope you enjoy your fame.

Anyways though, as disappointing as it is, what's done is done and there's no point spending too much more time debating it. We did still get a major win on the community front by simply getting these items over to the west, and that's a victory that I don't think should be overshadowed by a couple cheaters.

Mmmm, think he was looking forward to releasing the codes himself, hope we still get some kind of DLC but looks pretty doubtful at this point.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Funny how he can communicate with us when something bad comes from the player side (room name griefers, cheaters online, code leaks) of things but not when it comes from his companies side. On the one hand I kinda feel bad for him and as I said before in general since this spoils the fun and on-going promotion of the game. On the other hand:

We did still get a major win on the community front by simply getting these items over to the west

Didn't all they do is change the names of items so they don't infringe on copyrights or whatever? I imagine the pizza box required a texture swap (oh noes the complexity of it all!) but I really don't see all the hard work put into getting items that were already in the game to begin with to us.

Where are the bi-weekly downloadable missions & events? You knew we were disappointed at them being left out of PS:p so they drop these AGAIN? What about the free/paid DLC? They could've made a few thousand off that stuff if not more going by how many consumer whores paid for Forklift Ryo, Yakuza 3 DLC, and so on. Why wasn't this game fully voiced like the previous one was? And why in the hell wasn't the localization speedier? Was it their plan all along to drag us through the mud releasing this on the back of Infinitys announcement? Oh wait I know what took so long, they had to rework the drop charts to make them even more convoluted due to the lack of downloadable missions ala PS:p!

Now I'm kinda feeling more bad. Just when I was all happy an fired up from clearing the story mode to ~_~

btw: http://psp2.psupedia.info/Dol_Vaveer until proven otherwise Segac has cheated us out of a new boss and its accompanying title. US/EU version of PS:p2 has only 249 titles instead of the nice rounded 250...?

Think he was happy they got evangelion and fate stay night etc, to be honest if he had got Toro and Kuro over and confirmed there will be DLC/Max attack events I would have been really impressed.

Ah well I don't have enough storage space for all those items anyway :lol

matmanx1

Miku Hatsune's Leek Rifle is all kinds of win for me at lvl 22. It's a level 20 "B" rank Rifle so it's doing some major damage, especially with the level 2 charge shot.

The downside to me being a CAST is that none of the parts offerings look all that good on me, especially with my gold and white "gundam" head. Platinum Tiger is hilarious though.

Edelweiss model looks great but sounds terrible. It makes a constant whirring noise that I find really irritating. Oh well.

timnich

Looks like psn is back up...anyone down for a few runs?

EDIT: Made a room, feel free to join me online
Room - Neogaf
Pass- believe

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Phew! My research is coming along nicely. By going through an doing all these missions I've already unlocked the Exobiologist title for meeting 85% of the enemies in the game! It seems the only mission which hasn't been changed at all is Duel in the Ruins. But boy oh boy what ever did they do to my Seed Express?! Sure the mission was a reskin so what do they do? They use the levels normal skin! I want a darkness infected train not the regular one >_<;

Chelsea is top tier to me. She's kinda weird yet awesome. Segac may have taken all mention of hostesses and clubs outta Yakuza 3 but her dialogue and champaign call brings it all back! Plus I love the replica of her outfit!

I found something silly that can be done with partner characters. Bring them to a mission and unequip your weapon. Then press square and do an action and the npcs will follow suit! :lol

Lindsay said:
Chelsea is top tier to me. She's kinda weird yet awesome. Segac may have taken all mention of hostesses and clubs outta Yakuza 3 but her dialogue and champaign call brings it all back! Plus I love the replica of her outfit!

How do you get it? I thought it would be in the shop with the rest of the NPC outfits when I beat the game but, unless I missed it somehow, it wasn't there.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I wish the creature log was more then 2 pages cause there's just so many of them now its bothersome ta scroll through. Hey Sakai! Break up the non-boss baddies into planetary or size group pages or something for PS:p2i!

timnich said:
Do the open missions you complete in multiplayer count towards completion in single player?

They didn't in PS:p but for this game I really couldn't say since I've not done anything in multi I haven't in single.

digita1alchemy said:
How do you get it? I thought it would be in the shop with the rest of the NPC outfits when I beat the game but, unless I missed it somehow, it wasn't there.

Its a female Cast parts only! If ya was looking for it under there then I dunno! It showed up after I cleared the final chapter.

depward

This game is crack. So very much enjoying it.

So, I got an item that seemingly my partner gave me that's a variation of a partner? What do I do with it?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Got the game, it is pretty awesome.

I am a Newman female Force like in Phantasy Star Portable, is there any way to increase your PP? I seem to be draining that thing like nobodies business.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Got the game, it is pretty awesome.

I am a Newman female Force like in Phantasy Star Portable, is there any way to increase your PP? I seem to be draining that thing like nobodies business.

No way to increase PP I think, just reduce use.

depward said:
This game is crack. So very much enjoying it.

So, I got an item that seemingly my partner gave me that's a variation of a partner? What do I do with it?

You give it to you Partner and it changes it to whatever type it is. You might wanna save before giving it to it, because theres no going back.

depward

xKilltheMx said:
No way to increase PP I think, just reduce use.

If you level Braver to type level 2, you get a small increase in PP. At 15, you get a higher boost. And at 25 you get a boost to the regen rate.

depward said:
Yeaaaah but really, it's easy to level that type up to 2... but after that, it'll take some serious time to grab the other bonuses.

Yeah very true, you would have to be close to level 100 to get the next type bonus

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Phew! I've completed every open mission on C rank and am moving onto B rank now! Finished all them side-stories to. Only thing I couldn't beat yet was The Magashi Plan which is a pain as always. Got my 80 hit chain title off those big element changing jellyfish type baddies at the start of the last side-story mission. Used a pair of electric twin handguns w/pp save PA which did very little damage an just kept strafing & firing & praying my npc partner wouldn't break the chain! I think I'm at 74 titles now which is alot but still a long way from the top.

depward

Finally had a chance to REALLY play online for an extended amount of time. Some good, some bad. Some rooms with AFK people or people who have no idea what they're doing. Finally got into a room with a really good team and we were rolling through missions.

Then I went and sold several drops that I WISH I hadn't :lol

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im sure this has probably been answered, but i dont have much time to read through the thread. has anyone else been having character transfer problems between psp and psp2? it says that my save is corrupted, when it clearly isnt. is there a fix for this?

Parallax said:
im sure this has probably been answered, but i dont have much time to read through the thread. has anyone else been having character transfer problems between psp and psp2? it says that my save is corrupted, when it clearly isnt. is there a fix for this?

I havent heard anything about a problem like this...try playing PSP1 again and saving it again? Make sure youre going to the import function for transferring it across just in case that was the problem, good luck!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guys, I'm confused here. I have just started playing this game. When I go online, I tend to get booted pretty quickly. I assume it's because I don't have a little wing license.

I bought the game on PSN. I didn't get a little wing license. I don't see the option for the code under my account services. What I am missing here?

EDIT: This is odd. The game shows up on my PSN downloads list but doesn't show that I've purchased it on PSN. I'm baffled.

EDIT 2: Wait...if I got this game off PSN and play on a Go, I don't need the license? :lol

Top Bottom