• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Blade Zero - Gamescom Demo Gameplay Footage

Draugoth

Gold Member

Phantom Blade Zero has brought its 2024 gameplay demo to Gamescom! This is a video recording of the demo in action, showcasing the game’s insane and incredible martial arts combat—something you can experience during Gamescom! All attendees have the chance to visit the S-GAME booth and play this demo.

Last edited:
The_Clone_Wars_Logo_Bleu.JPG

Think i've seen this game already several times, just with different names

Last edited:
Think i've seen this game already several times, just with different names
Its starting to feel like these type of games are coming out every month.
Soooo, like Souls likes, Hero Shooters, and other GAAS??…first day gaming? 😂
Blame the community here. There are loads of other games in other genres the OPs here don’t post about because of low engagement.

They’d rather have you coming in and whining than not posting at all.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It looks kinda cool as he walks up the column and dives in for an attack. I also like how he deflects the unblockable attacks and how his stabbing looks with the daggers. In a sea of clones, some clones float above others. Who knows? 🤷

Last edited:

RavageX

Blame the community here. There are loads of other games in other genres the OPs here don’t post about because of low engagement.

Makes sense. Not much talk about racing games, flight, sports, etc.

It does seem to always be Souls, GAAS and stuff like Genshin....more often than not.

Makes sense. Not much talk about racing games, flight, sports, etc.

It does seem to always be Souls, GAAS and stuff like Genshin....more often than not.
Exactly, and the Visual Novel/JRPG guys usually post overnight (or I guess early day depending on your time zone).

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real

Yup. Echoey bubble.

This does look good though. Hoping there's more new footage from Gamescom for this. The combat and animation look really smooth.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
That is the most retarded looking A.I. I have saw in years. 10 seconds into the video and I see him stab one guy while 3 stand there and do nothing. Trash.

simpatico

Gold Member
Developers will really start making only samurai games set in imperial Japan rather than just bending the knee and putting a wheelchair bound person in your modern game.

Sintoid

These Chinese action games look all the same. Button mashing infinite acrobatic combos with smoke, flashes and magics...

GymWolf

Gold Member
Combat looks flashy but a bit too light for my taste.

Edit: ok it gets better.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
This will be the next wukong. A few more years of hype and an insane amount of players at launch. Asian devs are so good with animations

Last edited:
These Chinese action games look all the same. Button mashing infinite acrobatic combos with smoke, flashes and magics...
Really? Only 3 I can think of immediately.

Black Myth, Lost Soul Aside and Phantom Blade.

Personally I think Black Myth and Phantom Blade have very unique art and somewhat unique gameplay.

Bartski

Gold Member
Controls are a bit of a mindfuck - dodge on R1 is not exactly intuitive bit its plays fantastic, albeit button mashy but that won’t be an issue once getting familliar with the game. Spans over exactly what was shown recently, tiny bit of exploring with 2 miniboss fights and that big dude witch chained weapon at the end. There are different weapons for each encounter, each with its own move set and for the final fight you get the sword that earlier miniboss was weilding, you know what that means. For such a early build it feels like its hitting 60fps at the expense of try horrid IQ but whatever, this is an early 2026 game so props for the devs for a public demo so early. It might just he the next Chieese megabanger in the making, fingers crossed

Last edited:
Controls are a bit of a mindfuck - dodge on R1 is not exactly intuitive bit its plays fantastic, albeit button mashy but that won’t be an issue once getting familliar with the game. Spans over exactly what was shown recently, tiny bit of exploring with 2 miniboss fights and that big dude witch chained weapon at the end. There are different weapons for each encounter, each with its own move set and fir the final fight you get the sword that earlier miniboss was weirding, you know what that means. For such a early build it feels like its hitting 60fps at the expense of try horrid IQ but whatever, this is an early 2026 game so props for the devs for a public demo so early. It might just he the next Chieese megabanger in the making, fingers crossed
Putting dodge on the shoulder buttons allows you to keep your thumbs on the analogues. Some players change that for other games.

How's do the combos feel? Do you have to weapon swap to maintain stamina that sounds pretty interesting.

Bartski

Gold Member
Putting dodge on the shoulder buttons allows you to keep your thumbs on the analogues. Some players change that for other games.

How's do the combos feel? Do you have to weapon swap to maintain stamina that sounds pretty interesting.
Well you need your right thumb on the buttons for attacks anyway. Combos feel great but I didnt have the time to test thoroughly

Top Bottom