• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

ibrTJQpnigZr32.gif

It's creepy enough to have an anime body pillow, but to have one where the school girl is in a bikini and looking uneasy is a whole other level of ickiness.

I read this 30 minutes ago and for some reason I read your comment as admittance to having a body pillow like this.

I'm tired. I have to be at work in 20 minutes.

Toppot

Okay, I've seen pictures around where people build these little shrines, complete with cake, for anime characters on their fictional birthdays. Can someone explain what the hell that is?

People can be unsatisfied with real life or the relationships of real life, so they turn to fictional characters to get the love/affection etc they want. In their minds they build up these fictional characters to be perfect, it might be an illusion but it can feel very real to them and satisfy their emotional needs.

Unfortunately this makes it even harder for them to find a real relationship or interest as no one in real life will be able to match up to their perfect fictional one they have created in their mind.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
People can be unsatisfied with real life or the relationships of real life, so they turn to fictional characters to get the love/affection etc they want. In their minds they build up these fictional characters to be perfect, it might be an illusion but it can feel very real to them and satisfy their emotional needs.

Unfortunately this makes it even harder for them to find a real relationship or interest as no one in real life will be able to match up to their perfect fictional one they have created in their mind.

Or that no one in their right mind wants to hang up with people building relationships with fictional characters, never mind fucking pillows.

Toppot

Or that no one in their right mind wants to hang up with people building relationships with fictional characters, never mind fucking pillows.
Because having a fictional relationship defines a person? They could be perfectly normal most of the time, but when they go home they say hi to their 'pillow'. People go home and say hi to their pets, some people will talk to their cats like they are a real person. People believe they can talk to, and have a relationship with, a God.

None of this means they can't have real friends or actually be fun people to hang out with and talk to.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Because having a fictional relationship defines a person? They could be perfectly normal most of the time, but when they go home they say hi to their 'pillow'. People go home and say hi to their pets, some people will talk to their cats like they are a real person. People believe they can talk to, and have a relationship with, a God.

None of this means they can't have real friends or actually be fun people to hang out with and talk to.

You can't just compare someone saying hi to their pillow and someone saying hi to their cat or dog. It doesn't work that way.

Toppot

You can't just compare someone saying hi to their pillow and someone saying hi to their cat or dog. It doesn't work that way.

I can, did and will. A pillow and a pet both can't comprehend you or understand you as well as people project onto them. Sure some pets can understand some commands and will recognise you calling their name, but they are both incapable of returning the same level of emotion to you. People will talk about their day or their problems to a pet, just as a release to tell something thats living. I'd imagine people doing the same to pillows is much the same, there is just a bigger cognitive dissonance they are over coming. It's the same idea, just a different level.

You could be friends with someone for ages and not know they have an anime pillow in their closet. You could find out and think it was weird, and sure it would change how you think about them, but you would still be able to hang out with them, do the same things and talk about films, music, people, events hobbies etc.

Assuming you still don't accept the similarities we can stick with comparing talking to pillows and talking to a God. At least a pillow is a real physical object you can touch.

And since this is a picture thread, don't look at the balls!

TK7IAKh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom