• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

PEG26cq.jpg

You were one?

tJnFHR0l.jpg
I don't get this one.

Promotional jackets that look like, I don't know, giveaways or something. Corporate swag that you see every day at a big company in the marcomm department closet.

Funny because those are athletic jackets? Even the people wearing them aren't that gross or overweight.

How much info is in an egg? I would imagine it is very similar as you combine an XX or XY. So we start with 75 MB of data?

The egg (X) as the same amount of information (if we are talking DNA only) as an X sperm and a bit more than a Y sperm.

Though I don't know where they got that 37.5 MB number from. The current human genome reference file in FASTA format is almost 1 GB...

check "Human", release version 71 :p
http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Info/Index

Spwn

The thai massage pics reminded of this place in my hometown.

519137.jpg

Definitely no erotic massages there, no siree!

LakeEarth

The egg (X) as the same amount of information (if we are talking DNA only) as an X sperm and a bit more than a Y sperm.

Though I don't know where they got that 37.5 MB number from. The current human genome reference file in FASTA format is almost 1 GB...

check "Human", release version 71 :p
http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Info/Index

FASTA files treats a nucleotide as a regular letter, 8 bits. In DNA, each nucleotide is equivalent to 2 bits of info, since there are 4 choices (A/C/G/T). Some biochemistry programs take advantage of this, and use .2bit files for DNA to be more efficient. Most just use FASTA files though, cause it is simpler.

Half of the genome in sperm would be 1.5 billion nucleotides, and in megabytes that would be 375MB, which reflects the 37.5MB number. Maybe they're only counting 10% of the genome to account for repeats and non-genic regions.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, I'd also like to know what being the worst at tornados is about. Like, I've lived here for almost four years and I've never experienced a tornado or heard about one doing damage out in the rest of the state, so...I guess we're pretty bad at them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom