• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT6| r u havin a giggle ther m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked the cash register at a busy big box store a while ago I heard that "I guess it's free!!!" joke about 20 times a die.

edit: I aint even gonna fix that typo

krae_man

Are there people that really try this? lol

Some places have a scanner policy where items that scan incorrectly or not at all are free(up to a maximum value).

When I worked the cash register at a busy big box store a while ago I heard that "I guess it's free!!!" joke about 20 times a die.

I used to work the door to the suites of a hockey arena. Anyone leaving to go out for a smoke, go to the concessions on the main floor whatever was given a "pass out" card they had to show with their ticket to get back in. At least 10 times a game I got "So does this mean I can drink till I pass out?"

Rubius

Some places have a scanner policy where items that scan incorrectly or not at all are free(up to a maximum value).

The law in Quebec say that if the article on the scanner is higher than the displayed price, you get the item at the discounted price, even if it's an error. If the item is 10$ or less, they give the article for free, and if it's more than 10 $, they give you 10$ off.
PolitiqueExactitudePrix.jpg

But I didnt know there was some law about the item not scanning. Wouldnt they simply enter the item code in the register?

Irminsul

The law in Quebec say that if the article on the scanner is higher than the displayed price, you get the item at the discounted price, even if it's an error. If the item is 10$ or less, they give the article for free, and if it's more than 10 $, they give you 10$ off.
Even if I speak English?

Sorry, but that thread...

krae_man

But I didnt know there was some law about the item not scanning. Wouldnt they simply enter the item code in the register?

I'm in Ontario, we have something similar but it's not law. It's just something a group of retailers have agreed to on their own.

As for "it didn't scan, it's free", Apparently that's what happens in the UK. They got a chicken free ones because the bar code didn't register. The clerk then made fixed it so the next time someone bought the item, it would scan properly.

I get that and whenever I check a big bill, people always say "it should be real, I printed it this morning." Without fail, too. Its gotten to the point where I fake laugh at that joke after checking the bill.

tafer

Übermatik;97963985 said:
Lol at top results.

http://i.imgur.com/gl6glM9.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Uber? WHY!??!?!?!

Welp, I hope it's a short one.

And all of those Xbox and general traffic guys should feel bad: Milf >>> Teen. (Hentai should be higher also)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZyKymOb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom