• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT7| Dank Mr Skeltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

z2LIm7f.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
That was a killer throw.
I don't want to do the whole, 'that pic isn't funny to me' bullshit, but why on earth is a bird getting stuck with an arrow, injured, but trying to escape and survive, then getting a bow thrown at it, obviously hurting it and leading to its getting caught, signalling the end of its life and existence, *funny* to you?

Palmer_v1

I don't want to do the whole, 'that pic isn't funny to me' bullshit, but why on earth is a bird getting stuck with an arrow, injured, but trying to escape and survive, then getting a bow thrown at it, obviously hurting it and leading to its getting caught, signalling the end of its life and existence, *funny* to you?

Because he threw his bow at the bird. That's not generally the correct thing to do when you're holding a bow.

-Ryn

Banned
It's laughing at the ridiculous nature of the action in question, not the suffering the bird.

Seanspeed

Banned
Because he threw his bow at the bird. That's not generally the correct thing to do when you're holding a bow.
I'm not unaware of what is supposed to be funny about that. I just don't think there's anything to laugh about seeing an intelligent animal already injuried, desperately trying to survive, only to get thrown a big old bow at it, hurting it immensely and allowing it to get caught, where it will live its last moments in agony, scared to death, until the hunter decides to finally finish the job, whenever that will be.

HAHAHAHA , fucking hilarious.

Palmer_v1

I'm not unaware of what is supposed to be funny about that. I just don't think there's anything to laugh about seeing an intelligent animal already injuried, desperately trying to survive, only to get thrown a big old bow at it, hurting it immensely and allowing it to get caught, where it will live its last moments in agony, scared to death, until the hunter decides to finally finish the job, whenever that will be.

HAHAHAHA , fucking hilarious.

To be fair, the "hunter" looked like he found the injured bird while practicing for his community theater role of Robin Hood. Fortunately, he's an excellent thrower and was able to briefly stun the bird in order to catch it, extract the arrow, and begin critial first aid treatment.

lol he snapped that bird's neck to put it out of it's misery about 2 seconds after the gif ends.

Seanspeed

Banned
To be fair, the "hunter" looked like he found the injured bird while practicing for his community theater role of Robin Hood. Fortunately, he's an excellent thrower and was able to briefly stun the bird in order to catch it, extract the arrow, and begin critial first aid treatment.

lol he snapped that bird's neck to put it out of it's misery about 2 seconds after the gif ends.
Is it too much to ask that we not post pics or vids of intelligent animals being killed in a funny pics thread?

I don't want to bitch but its extremely distasteful.

-Ryn

Banned
Is it too much to ask that we not post pics or vids of intelligent animals being killed in a funny pics thread?

I don't want to bitch but its extremely distasteful.
People find different things funny dude. In a thread about making people laugh, not every joke is going to fly with every person. If we stopped posting a certain type of humour because one person might be offended, then that means it is only fair that we stop posting other types of jokes because holy shit, somebody might be offended by that too.

Yeah it sucks when things die. I understand having a respect for other forms of life. But the point of the GIF isn't, "Haha that bird is dead now. See the bird everybody? Isn't it funny how it suffers?". It's that the dude did with the bow what the bow is supposed to do with an arrow. People being dumb or screwing up is funny. The bird was going to die regardless and as pointed out, the guy put it out of its misery quickly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom