• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Zeliard

This has been an incredibly well-run Kickstarter, all-around.

Steady trickle of updates and great management and timing on pledge tiers and stretch goals.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This has been an incredibly well-run Kickstarter, all-around.

Steady trickle of updates and great management and timing on pledge tiers and stretch goals.

Yeah. Best run ive seen by far. i feel sad for that one Kickstarter that came out. Old School RPG whatever. It was like the complete opposite of this one. Hopefully they get funded once Obsidians KS is finished.

Wasn't it last week that loads of people where complaining on here about how this KS was managed? :)
i dont see how anyone could complain. 24 updates in 30 days seems pretty good. We got art, lore, music, a screenshot, Q&A sessions, and some fun stuff throughout.

Sotha Sil

Or an Athkatla and a Sigil!

That is the only thing i missed from the Icewind Dale games. i know it didnt fit there but still.. :(

The Lady of Pain knows I wouldn't mind a Sigil.

As for IW, the lack of companions is what turned me off the series... Still have IW2 installed though, might give it a go in honor of ropekid

mclem

Kickstarter backers now: 67,825.

Lvl12 here we come! :D

If I was Obsidian, and we got (say) 14 floors to the mega-dungeon, I'd make the final floor lead up to a big climactic fight against an uber-enemy which grants you a key to the Treasury, which hasn't been opened in thousands of years...

It's empty, save for a few gold coins, and a hole in the floor with a ladder leading down

Phandy

Might have to use this time to play through some of the old goodies I haven't played yet.

Mainly Icewind Dale II, and Fallout 1/2.

I tried playing Fallout 2 I think but I found it very difficult to get into. Combat was so awkward and wierd, same how I felt with Arcanum.
Dont think I finished IW1 or either.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
It's empty, save for a few gold coins, and a hole in the floor with a ladder leading down
i like. Reminds me of..
zMnur.jpg

Oh and grats on you guys making it. Nice to see my favorite places got their Inn/Adventurer Party on.

If I was Obsidian, and we got (say) 14 floors to the mega-dungeon, I'd make the final floor lead up to a big climactic fight against an uber-enemy which grants you a key to the Treasury, which hasn't been opened in thousands of years...

...and the corpse of the Richest Man in Quarth? :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Do we have a list of which community is doing what? I know a lot of people here have NPCs, Portraits and Weapons backed up.

Not that i know of. Right now as far as forums go its just the Codex and GAF. Codex might hit $10k. i heard that Gamebanshee (i think it was them) had one going but it fell through.

wrowa

It's kind of fitting that the Kickstarter ends the same way it started: With Obsidian being surprised and unable to react. :D

dude

dude
Codex hitting 10K? Nice! Good on their part!

Oh and Gamebanshee should just reduce their pledge to whatever amount they have. Every dollar counts!

They're at 8,000 right now, so I don't know if they'll be able to hit 10k, but it's still quite a bit of money!

Gamebansee are close to 4,000.

I think this could hit $3.9M with paypal funds before all is said and done, maybe even $4M if they actually get something posted soon for the last few hours of the campaign. Already made close to 200k in the last 12 hours alone, most of those being sleeping hours in the US/EU.

Zeliard

I'd rather they didn't add any more stretch goals and just used the extra money they get to help pay off fees and give themselves a bit more room to breathe during development. We're getting a loooooot of content already.

Seeing as Obsidian's artists are either all asleep or collaborating on the Titan's cock, I did some concept art of my own to tide everyone over... of the GAF Inn front door!

gafdoor1.jpg

Apologies for the quality, I'm in a hotel in Paris with one black pen, so that was done on the back of some printed out Googlemaps directions and photographed with my iPad :lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'd rather they didn't add any more stretch goals and just used the extra money they get to help pay off fees and give themselves a bit more room to breathe during development. We're getting a loooooot of content already.

Agreed. Now is the time to focus on making what they've promised come to pass.

Trigger

I think I'm more interested in the stronghold than the second big city. I'm happy both are coming though. This game sounds massive.

wrowa

I think this could hit $3.9M with paypal funds before all is said and done, maybe even $4M if they actually get something posted soon for the last few hours of the campaign.

It just made 5k in 15 minutes. It's going crazy fast right now and Obsidian seriously needs to react quickly if they want to get the most out of today. With a nice last stretch goal they might be able to beat DFA's last day (400k)... The time is running, though.

Seeing as Obsidian's artists are either all asleep or collaborating on the Titan's cock, I did some concept art of my own to tide everyone over... of the GAF Inn front door!

gafdoor1.jpg

Apologies for the quality, I'm in a hotel in Paris with one black pen, so that was done on the back of some printed out Googlemaps directions and photographed with my iPad :lol

Damn, that's awesome.

Perkel

Banned
3,650 with final push it will land 4mln. This is a good day to be RPG gamer.

Wasteland 2 with perma-death and now Eternity with Avellone released out of writing shackles.

SO good.

Agreed. Now is the time to focus on making what they've promised come to pass.

Naw, what they should do is have a live stream, and if we hit $4M, they do something crazy like shave Tim's head or something. Nothing that actually costs money but something fun that'll get people to drive more funds in.

The GAF logo seems like it would work pretty nicely as a symbol in a fantasy world.

Without a doubt, it needs to be in there somewhere, though stylized to fit with the rest of the art direction.

Top Bottom