• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would like to see some stretch goals. 1,1m wont be a problem at all.

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

I'm Inn (Puns intended) with this! "Reserved"* for the betterment of GAF glorious chill house.

Will see how many are interested in donation. Of course, all the items will be split amongst those who donate (Either via draw or between the top donator). Let's see how this goes! :p

Ideas of what will be in the tavern, what kind of item there will be, what the NPC will look like shall be prioritized amongst those that donate. Other ideas are welcome as well! Poll shall be created and top idea shall be submitted to Obsidian.

If all $5000 is not met, I'll do my best to ensure it's paid off. Kittens shall be slain if this gets cancelled.

I like the concept, I just don't believe they can do it for 1.1 million.

That's barely enough to pay the salary of 10 people over 2 years. They are going to be able to do something this ambitious with 10 people?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I like the concept, I just don't believe they can do it for 1.1 million.

That's barely enough to pay the salary of 10 people over 2 years. They are going to be able to do something this ambitious with 10 people?

They'll get 3-5 million, not just 1,1

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

I'm Inn (Puns intended) with this! "Reserved"* for the betterment of GAF glorious chill house.

Will see how many are interested in donation. Of course, all the items will be split amongst those who donate. Let's see how this goes! :p

If all $5000 is not met, I'll do my best to ensure it's paid off.

Holy crap. lol

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Will see how many are interested in donation. Of course, all the items will be split amongst those who donate (Either via draw or between the top donator). Let's see how this goes! :p

No fucking way.

Dresden

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Gaf inn will look good next to the Reddit inn and the Goon inn.

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

YXktM.jpg

BTW, lets get real, the artifact has to be the GAF-buckler

Opiate

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Ideas of what will be in the tavern, what kind of item there will be, what the NPC will look like shall be prioritized amongst those that donate. Other ideas are welcome as well! Poll shall be created and top idea shall be submitted to Obsidian.

If all $5000 is not met, I'll do my best to ensure it's paid off. Kittens shall be slain if this gets cancelled.

Shagg, this needs its own thread (And explanation). Too big a deal to be left in here.

That's yours to make though, not mine. I just wanted to let you know that such a thread is moderator endorsed and, indeed, encouraged.

Toma

That would be awesome since all those stretch goals they hinted at would be met and we'd get a much much larger game.

3 million is shooting it low. It will definitely top DFA. I am guessing more like 4-5 million.

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Mother of god you did it :O
We need an official thread for this.

Derrick01

Banned
Then why set the goal at 1.1 million? Who at Obsidian does their budgeting? That guy needs to be fired because Obsidian is always underestimating the amount of time/cost to do something.

Because that's what they need to get the base game done. If they get more they'll add more to the game through stretch goals like Wasteland 2 and Dead State did.

Toma said:
3 million is shooting it low. It will definitely top DFA. I am guessing more like 4-5 million.

I just hope they keep adding stretch goals if the funding goes insane like that. I know they have some in place but probably not for 4, 5 or 6+ million.

Souplak

Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Create a thread for this and i'll pitch in :)

Toma

Ok shagg_187 tell us what and how you want to do this I'll make a thread about it

Let him do the thread about it. He'll want to update the first post with payments/status updates himself anyway.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whelp. Just pledged $20. There goes my precious, supple Kickstarter cherry. Be gentle, Obsidian.

Rad-

Something like this is exactly what Obsidian should be developing. Sounds really good in theory. But like I joked about in the earlier thread, I hope they use a lot of that extra money on polishing the game.

Taruranto

I've seen some people raising a few eyebrows at the setting.

Really guys.

This is Obsidian and Avellone we are talking about. Play Mask of the Betrayer. THEY CAN MAKE D&D FEEL ORIGINAL AND FRESH.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

Wait, are you serious? If you are I will kick in another 20-50 dollars to the GAF pool.

Acosta

:O

From the same moment I backed my first KS (DB) I thought how incredible would be to do it for an Obsidian game.

And now is real...

A team with Avellone, Cain and Sawyer, with no restrictions, no licenses, no produces, making an Infinite Engine type game.

It´s... beautiful.

volturnus

Banned
Project GAF Tavern:

jRkfa.png

fTPOf.png

That's great, thanks.

I'm in with $280.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Nobody has been charged yet. If you want to support the GAF Tavern project, you can remove/change your pledge, no need to pay extra.

Emitan

I just can't believe this. My favorite developer ever making exactly the game they want to. No publisher interference. No release dates shoved upon them. No license to adhere to. They can do anything they want. Because of us.

Corto

Shag you beautiful bastard! I'll back another extra to the GAF inn package.

Also, Obsidian tweeted this:

#ProjectEternity: We were silly. All tiers $500 and above have free international shipping. We'll try to get that amended!

Top Bottom